PDA

View Full Version : Money trouble.

boys from the dwarf
04-06-2007, 08:57 AM
o.k. i haven't been playing FF12 much at all event hough getting it a day after its UK release. i started a second playthrough because my first wasn't very good at all and im at the land of the gariff, about to head for mount bur-omiscace, im trying to get good equipment for all 6 characters but of course i dont have the gil.

im hunting some marks but they dont pay really well (it depends on the loot enemies drop in the marks area.)

any hints?

Hazzard
04-06-2007, 12:32 PM
Just keep training in your current spot or go through some of Golmore Jungle, and defeat some of the foes there who give decent amount of loot.

Crossblades
04-06-2007, 02:39 PM
Fight keeping enemies in the current area and set "Steal = Any Enemy" Gambit on one of your characters

Xurts
04-06-2007, 05:08 PM
Give someone an Enemy HP = 100% > Steal Gambit. That way your character should be able to steal once from every enemy you encounter. Also make sure to only buy the equipment you need, if it's just a boost of 1-4 defense or damage, don't buy it. I usually only get equipment when it raises defense or damage by at least 5 or 6. If you can spare any Gil, buy the Grimoires from the Bazaar. They're expensive, but you get better Loot.

Try to do the White Mousse Hunt. The reward you get is well worth the effort, and it will last you a LONG time.

ValiantKnight
04-06-2007, 05:19 PM
Buy equipment every 2 or 3 towns, not every single one.

The jungle has an enemy called "Panther" I believe.
This enemy drops 1-4 couerl pelts as its "common" drop.
If you do not touch the save crystal, you can kill the first 12~ panthers near the entrance to the jungle just off Ozmone, and then exit to ozmone, exit across that one save crystal screen to the next... turn right around and head back to the save crystal screen. Travel through that to the jungle and the panthers have respawned. Granted you didn't touch the save crystal, your chain level hasn't reset. Kill the panthers and the panthers only.

Repeat this killing, moving two screens away, and coming back to kill again. Pelts sell for around 350+ or even 400gil each, and once you are on the second or third chain level, they drop quite often in large amounts.

There are many other places like this, where an enemy will have a expensive "common" drop, and its also reasonably easy to respawn them and "farm" them until you have the money you need.

In about 15minutes, maybe 20.. I have 99 pelts, and 99x400 = 40,000~ gil.

Hazzard
04-06-2007, 06:49 PM
Interesting money solution Valiant, but do you care to tell me one if you're about to head to Pharos? (Monsters available that can give good common loot for good money).

ValiantKnight
04-06-2007, 07:59 PM
Mirror Knights in Feywood drop windslicer pinions often. I believe they sell for 900~ or so, They also drop mirror mail rarely that sells for a pretty penny too.
While not as fast to kill as Panthers, they are rather fast still.

In the uplands and Steppe area, you can kill real Couerls and the snakes there for 700~ gil pelts also... fairly common there too.

Renmiri
04-08-2007, 01:17 AM
Mosphoran Highwaste - Wolfblood's throat at > 1,000 gil plus Slaven Harness also over 1,000
Feywood - Windslicer Pinions and Behemoth Steaks
Giruvegan - Behemoth Steak, Demom eyes from the gargoyles, malboro fruit from the Vivian all over $1,000

For the guy near Golmore jungle:
Get the Sleipnir (Zebra horse) he drops $$$ loot on Ozmone plains near Jahara or teleport back to the Tomb of Raythwall, then go east and north on Nam Yensa. the blue turkey thingies (Axebeak) drop $500 Rainbow eggs and the armored birds (Bagoly) drop $1,100 bent staff.

Buy all the monographies you can. Buy Poach technique.

gudkid
04-08-2007, 11:35 AM
the bent staff sells for 1.5k if i remember correctly since i am training in phon coast but i would rather go for the parheim passage in termius 7 adjust... the skelies drop an Ancient Bone (not a common drop but does not take long for it to drop) which sells for 2k and most other loots that drop there sells for at least 400-500k except for the dark crystals... the exp is good too.... though the undeads there are immune to raise so one has to pound their bones to dust.... i think the monsters' level there are 39-42 if my memory serves me right....
the feywood monsters give good loot as well...the prime pelt from the tartarus and cerberus sells for 1.1k as well as the cerberus' hell-gates' flame... the mirrorknights' windslicer pinion and mirror scale sells for 1.1 - 1.2k and they sometimes drop a suit of mirror mail which you can sell if you want to though it has the same probability of dropping to that of the mirror scale..
you can also go to the bottom part of the golmore jungle (the part before you can enter feywood) and kill everything there then skelies start spawning (when you get near their spawning area) and you can just give them a shot of "raise" magick which kills them instantly and when the chain level gets high enough, say 20+, they start droppin several dark crystals (sells for 70/pc) and sturdy bones (400+/pc) and they give good exp as well (if you haven't reach level 50+, they give 900+ exp) but be wary of their HAWK GLARE which renders your characters the DISABLE status...
that's all the help i can give as of now....

how many monographs are there btw?
i already got 4 or 5 of 'em.... i think...

boys from the dwarf
04-08-2007, 04:28 PM
well, i discovered the best solution for money trouble was to just "get of yer lazy arse"

half an hour in ozmone plain got me around 15,000 gil which for the stge of the game im at, is enough to get the best equipment.

i've took the advice in not buying armour for everyone unless it has a good bonus instead of a pretty measly +2 bonus.

thanks y'all and all.

Hazzard
04-08-2007, 04:40 PM
Hmph, that's all good, now I'm just gonna get off my lazy arse and get some gil in old Giruvegan.

Renmiri
04-08-2007, 04:53 PM
Skeletons are great for gil but I hate fighting the tough ones that are immune to Raise. After the skelies in Golmore Jungle they all are immune so I rather go for Feywood, Mosphoran Highwaste, Giruvegan or Phon Coast :D

Hazzard
04-08-2007, 04:55 PM
Why Phon Coast, you hardly get anything of value there, just lots and lots of fiends?

Xurts
04-08-2007, 05:06 PM
The skeletons that are in the Barheim Passage are terribly annoying. They're immune to Life magic (which doesn't make much sense), and if you use Curaja on them they put Reflect on themselves. Which means that you just have to beat them down. What's worse is that like 5 of them will just pop up out of the ground and start attacking. Ugh.

Hazzard
04-08-2007, 05:12 PM
...you get to Barheim passage from Garamslythe Waterway, right?

Xurts
04-08-2007, 07:23 PM
No, through the Estersands. The other entrance is through that dungeon in Nalbina.

Gokalia
04-08-2007, 07:47 PM
well if you have finished the thextera hunt, then save your money up to 18000 and but the hunters monograph, then just go around killing things in ozmone plains and in atleest 30minute youll get more then 20000 because things drop serpent rods and bronze maces worth in total at leest 5000 and there alomst common. thats what i did when i got to the garif

Renmiri
04-08-2007, 11:03 PM
Why Phon Coast, you hardly get anything of value there, just lots and lots of fiends?

Bagoly drop Bent Staff at $1,100 gil and there are tons of Bagoly at Phon Coast.

Besides it is beautiful with the beach and the rocks :love: :love: :love:

.. just go around killing things in ozmone plains and in at leest 30minute youll get more then 20000
True. Ozmone Plains is a great place for gil, LP and EXP early in the game.

Gokalia
04-08-2007, 11:09 PM
ya i trained there and got money to buy stuff like the heavy lance but instead i spent my 18000 on the monograph and i thought it was crap but it proved me wrong lol :)

Hazzard
04-08-2007, 11:36 PM
I don't think I'm going to replay the game for a couple months, after my 107 hour experience and I'm still not finished!

PuPu
04-09-2007, 02:47 AM
The Bagoly at Phon Coast is arguably the best spot for getting money. The Bundle of Feathers can easily be stolen and dropped, and they sell for about 800 each. An additional 480 Gil can be stolen from one if Thief's Cuffs are equipped. So basically you can get about 1280 gil almost every time that you steal with Thief's Cuffs, 2080 Gil often when 1 Bundle of Feathers is dropped, and an extra 1100 Gil with the Bent Staff being dropped.

Plus they are quite easy to chain.

No, through the Estersands. The other entrance is through that dungeon in Nalbina.

Well, you can enter Barheim from the Garamsythe Waterway after you beat Zalera, though the entrance from the Estersand is much more convenient.

ValiantKnight
04-09-2007, 02:57 AM
This was a little earlier today....

8:05pm - Enter Feywood area with Mirror Knights
8:26pm - Leaving Feywood area with Mirror Knights

8:33pm~ - Selling 99 Windslicer Pinion = 113,000 or so
Selling 11 Mirror Mail(can't remember)

:)

At 2nd or 3rd chain level, those 3 and 4 Windslicer Pinion drops on every or every other Knight = $$$

Hazzard
04-09-2007, 03:32 PM
The thing is; I know how to easily get and sell loot, but I can't put it to good use meaning that there is always a dilemma about finding the ideal loot to be used in Bazaar mode. I've written a list of items and places I should go to, to get the ideal loot but even then I struggle when they don't drop it. For example, the Bogeys at Zerithan Cavern. He drops Sky Jewels, even when it says he drops Death Powders. I used to be able to find the Entite in Dalmsaca Westerlands, but now i can't. The Adamantition will not drop Adamantites....it's just getting too much!

BlackWaltz
04-09-2007, 03:55 PM
Battle chain 200+ = Lots of Gil and happy days :D

Hazzard
04-09-2007, 04:41 PM
But that takes too long.

Gokalia
04-09-2007, 05:22 PM
ya 200 chain takes a while but its best to do it in the estersand where the wolves are thats how i got 300+ chai and like atleest 50gil each time not alot but they die fast.

McLovin'
04-09-2007, 06:04 PM
One of the last hunts you will do will make you veeeeery happy.

Hazzard
04-09-2007, 06:34 PM
OK Magus, now I badly wanna know why it's gonna make me happy. Post the spoiler here please? :p

Renmiri
04-09-2007, 09:07 PM
Shadowseer reward = 20,000 gil
Yiazmat reward = 30,000 gil

ValiantKnight
04-09-2007, 10:55 PM
I think he means the 500,000gil reward.. or was it 250,000....

It's a "bonus" to beating one of the hunts mentioned by the huntgiver... which you have to search a bit to find.

Hazzard
04-09-2007, 11:07 PM
30,000 means nothing to me...MUAHAHAHAHAHA