PDA

View Full Version : it IS flashy!!!

BarelySeeAtAll
04-06-2007, 12:05 PM
only about....er...two or three times ago that i watched ac, i had ONLY just clicked (i have forgotten how many times i have watched it, but i highly doubt it is lower than 8) that when Rude says "if anything it's, flashy" he meant that it makes pretty flashy bangs and looks like fireworks when it actually explodes...
did anyone notice that (duh, you probably did) or did you not notice cos you didnt think about it? if you did notice it...was it the first time or second or when?
:greenie: maybe i was just a bit "blone" :p

Big D
04-07-2007, 08:17 AM
Yeah, it looks like they loaded a few sky rockets in there for good measure... Some of the extra explosions might have come from the Turks' helicopter, though, and from the bike that Yazoo and Loz were riding.
It's definitely a helluva huge explosion, though. Wonder how Reno and Rude escaped... I can only assume they were able to leap off the highway to safety somehow.

Sam250
04-09-2007, 05:46 PM
This probally isn't the right topic for it, but that is one one the things i dislike about the film, no one dieing. That expolsion was the perfect time for Reno and Rude to die, they would have had to detonated the bomb manually (So they exploded it at the right time. They couldn't have used a timer, as they didn't know exacly when Yazoo and Loz were coming out. Which is another thing, because i'm pretty sure you see a timer count down just before it blows), so it would have been perfect for an honerable death. Reno even gives a little 'last words' sorta thing, somthing like "guess we'll be retiring early after all, my friend". And yet you see them again at the end.

Anyway, the thing that annoys me is that SE seem unwilling to change anything. They won't let anyone die. Even Tsung and Elena mannage to survive, despite the fact that Kadaj said that he killed them, Vincent said (basically) that he saw them die, and we hear their screams. I think that Rufus should have died of geostigma (it might have helped show what a vicious illness geostigma is), and then it would have been the very last of Shinra and the Turks. That way, even after Cloud saves the day and everything goes back to normal, at least somthing has 'happened' to move things on, rather then things going back to exacly as they were.

I guess Reno and Rude didn't die because SE wanted Yazoo and Loz to come back, then there deaths would have been in vain. I can live with that, Reno are Rude were brill in AC. But all the others just annoys me.

Big D
04-10-2007, 01:51 AM
They couldn't have used a timer, as they didn't know exacly when Yazoo and Loz were coming out. Which is another thing, because i'm pretty sure you see a timer count down just before it blows)They could easily see Loz and Yazoo coming in that long, straight road tunnel - plus the bomb was on an extremely short timer, only 3 seconds or s. I agree that they'd definitely be cutting it pretty fine, but it'd be quite a simple matter for them to wait for Cloud to pass, then hit the bomb's activation button, then make their escape.
Even Tsung and Elena mannage to survive, despite the fact that Kadaj said that he killed them, Vincent said (basically) that he saw them die, and we hear their screams.Kadaj never actually claimed to have killed them, he just showed their blood-stained IDs to Rufus... and Vincent said that he found them half dead, and "did what [he] could to save them".

Maybe it's just me, but I never like it when large numbers of main characters are killed gratuitously. Each additional death undermines the overall significance of every other loss, I find, and AC spent a lot of time dealing with Cloud's response to the earlier deaths of Zack and Aerith.

BarelySeeAtAll
04-11-2007, 10:00 PM
i am dusgusted that anyone wanted reno, oh well, but RUDE TO DIE!!!!!no way, i love him. . .like a brother (go away)
ya, a little bit off topic considering how i had said about how the bomb was flashy, cos Rude had said "if anything its flashy" all i really wanted was either a simple "i never thought of that" or "well duh!"

Arathia
05-05-2007, 06:12 AM
I've heard that Rufus did got killed by the time of DC (Dirge of Cerburus), though. I hated the idea. He servived all that only to be killed as if he's not important at all!

Big D
05-05-2007, 07:20 AM
I've heard that Rufus did got killed by the time of DC (Dirge of Cerburus), though. I hated the idea. He servived all that only to be killed as if he's not important at all!Hmm, I've never heard that one. In DC, there are hints that he's still active, still taking a part in world events: Reeve says that the WRO's anonymous benefactor is someone really rich who owes the planet a great debt. Sounds like Rufus to me, and lots of other seem to agree.
Point is, unless the story confirms he's dead, we can assume he's still alive:)

Arathia
05-06-2007, 01:47 AM
That's comforting.

darksword12
05-06-2007, 04:33 AM
When I first saw that scene, I actually thought they were going to die. I was all like, "oh snap, Reno and Rude are killing themselves for no good reason!"

I was kind of surprised and a bit relieved when they showed up at the end.

Big D
05-06-2007, 09:42 AM
When I first saw that scene, I actually thought they were going to die. I was all like, "oh snap, Reno and Rude are killing themselves for no good reason!"

I was kind of surprised and a bit relieved when they showed up at the end.Me too. It was the same with Tseng and Elena, when it seemed they'd been tortured to death for no reason except to let the audience know that Kadaj et al are a bunch of badasses.

Sam250
05-13-2007, 10:05 AM
Reno and Rude living i could have lived with, if SE had at least made it seem like they weren't supposed to die. But Tseng and Elena? They were aparently tourtered to death, and they don't have a mark on them!

As i said before, absolutly nothing happened in this Movie to move things on, as far as i can remember. No one died, the same people who started in the movie came out the other end, everything is the same as it was. Its the same world in the start as it is in the end, and this may seem silly to some, but that makes the events in the middle of the movie seem slightly unimportant to me.

Anyway, about the 'Flashy', yes, it is flashy, isn't it?

Big D
05-13-2007, 10:10 AM
As i said before, absolutly nothing happened in this Movie to move things on, as far as i can remember. No one died, the same people who started in the movie came out the other end, everything is the same as it was. Its the same world in the start as it is in the end, and this may seem silly to some, but that makes the events in the middle of the movie seem slightly unimportant to me.Cloud got closure to his story, getting over his self-blame about Aerith; the end of Geostigma and Sephiroth's defeat also potentially/presumably spelled the end of Jenova and Sephiroth for good. There's also stuff like Rufus becoming a planet-friendly philanthropist, too, though that's a little vague.
But ultimately, AC is about Cloud's journey coming to a close so he can finally move on with life.
Or so I think.