PDA

View Full Version : Question concerning DirectX...

Peter_20
04-06-2007, 04:26 PM
I guess I'm permitted to ask this kind of question. :D

Anyway, I was just wondering: do you need DirectX 8.0 "or higher" in order to use Nesticle?
I'm gonna use it on a Windows 98.

Do you need anything at all in order to use Nesticle?

Fonzie
04-06-2007, 04:52 PM
People still use Windows 98 OS? :eek: Unless its for a business, then I understand.

Shoeberto
04-06-2007, 07:54 PM
Nesticle was last updated in 1998 and has always been coded for DOS. Considering DOS programs don't rely upon DirectX in any way shape or form, I think you're okay.

Peter_20
04-07-2007, 03:32 PM
Wow, so I can just copy Nesticle over to my own Windows 98? :eek::D

This almost sounds too easy.
With all respect, whenever I try to fix stuff like this the computer always goes on about how it "doesn't work", "misses a certain file" or "is the incorrect type of program" and other crap like that.

Can you guarantee that this isn't the case this time? :)
Do I need to consider something, or keep something in mind?

Shoeberto
04-07-2007, 05:59 PM
Not really, Nesticle is pretty well self-contained and based on ancient libraries to run. I never had any problems running it on Windows 98.

Peter_20
04-08-2007, 12:33 AM
What the hell is this?
I saved the files onto this CD-R, and the files had those colorful folder icons (purple-blue-green), and then I try using them on my Windows 98 - and then they use the Windows icons instead, and can't be opened!

Now I've tried saving an extracted file of Nesticle onto the CD-R, but I'm dubious whether or not this will work.