PDA

View Full Version : Favorite new game console

chrs229
04-07-2007, 07:02 AM
So which new game console is your favorite?
Sony's Playstation3
Microsoft's Xbox360
or Nintendo's Wii?

Markus. D
04-07-2007, 08:10 AM
at the Moment.

PC :D

apart from that. I really really like the Xbox360

Ramza Beoulve
04-07-2007, 08:20 AM
PS3

Khaotic
04-07-2007, 08:29 AM
Right now, none. I still prefer my PS2.(I also have a Wii, so this isn't biased)

However when more games are released it'll lean towards PS3.

Dreddz
04-07-2007, 10:56 AM
Oh the 360 definately. Its the only one I own, but its definately the best console I have bought since my PS2 6 years ago. It may change when I get a PS3 ( which I will be getting sometime next week :D ). I had a chance to play Virtua Fighter 5 on my friends PS3 and....wow. I need a PS3 soon, thats for sure

Bart's Friend Milhouse
04-07-2007, 12:14 PM
PS3

Breine
04-07-2007, 01:02 PM
I haven't tried any of the new generation consoles yet, but I'll definitely buy a PS3 when I get enough money. Wii is a very close runner-up because I've always had a soft spot for Nintendo.

Old Manus
04-07-2007, 02:25 PM
PS3

oh god flames no help

KentaRawr!
04-07-2007, 02:49 PM
My favorite thus far is probably the Wii. However, I do admit that the Wii hasn't had many great games as of late, and even though I don't quite enjoy these games, the X-Box 360 has been getting many good games, that I don't really enjoy. Get what I mean? o_o The Ps3 has been looking a lot better lately, and I'll probably end up getting one once the games I want for it come out (LittleBigPlanet).

Slothy
04-07-2007, 03:11 PM
PS3. It's got all the multiplatform games I want, and the only console exclusives I want.

Ashi
04-08-2007, 06:03 PM
I've only ever played WII so I can't really speak for PS3 or XBOX360. The only game I played on WII is Trauma Center: Second Opinion and I don't even get to play it much 'cause its not my personal console but belongs to my sibling.

Honest Abel
04-08-2007, 06:05 PM
I haven't played on the PS3 yet, but I've got a Wii and 360. All we really play on 360 is Halo 2 anyway, and the Wii got old rather fast. I'm hoping that PS3 will be awesome (MGS4 and LittleBigPlanet have me by the balls right now).

ljkkjlcm9
04-08-2007, 06:12 PM
Well right now, the 360 wins in the game department. I love chainsawing people in Gears of War, and my friend and I have gotten really good at the co-op.

I'm most looking forward to the future of the Wii however, with not only announced games, such as Super Paper Mario this week, but games that will come up when other developers fully know how to utilize it.

THE JACKEL

Madame Adequate
04-08-2007, 07:40 PM
The 360 is so far ahead right now that it's almost sad to compare the other two to it.

ljkkjlcm9
04-08-2007, 08:10 PM
The 360 is so far ahead right now that it's almost sad to compare the other two to it.

and that's because the 360 has been out a year longer. Right now it's very hard to compare.

THE JACKEL

Moon Rabbits
04-08-2007, 09:02 PM
Well, the day-old PC I'm on right now wins.

And then the Wii.

Tavrobel
04-08-2007, 10:46 PM

apart from that. I really really like the Xbox360 could not care less about the others.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
04-09-2007, 12:13 AM
The Wii because it's backwards compatibility is more accessible than the 360's...I can't comment on the PS3's backwards compatiblity because I haven't bought it and I don't know if I'm going to.

Because I don't know why but as much as I like the Final Fantasy series I'm not that excited about Final Fantasy XIII. Maybe it's because of that pink haired girl who's probaby the main character she reminds me of Yuna in Final Fantasy X-2 and I hate that game with a passion.

I use to own a 360 because I wanted to get Mass Effect but when I saw gameplay footage of Mass Effect I was put off by it's first person shooter mechanics. Because I don't like first person shooters.

Ryth
04-09-2007, 12:27 AM
When the Phantom finally comes out you'll all see!!!

fantasyjunkie
04-09-2007, 12:46 AM
I like my PC more than any console. I love my 360 lots though. I havent even seen A Wii yet on a shelf and $600 for a PS3 is out of my ballpark financially.
Saying all that, my favorite console is the 360 hands down. The Wii is too hard to get and the PS3 costs too much to get. I hope to have all 3 someday though.

The Shoeless Hobo
04-09-2007, 02:26 AM

Discord
04-09-2007, 02:54 AM

apart from that. I really really like the Xbox360 could not care less about the others.

Arc_Master_14
04-09-2007, 05:29 AM
Wii but I've only played a 360 a few times but never a PS3 and I own a wii so yea

Slothy
04-09-2007, 05:46 AM
The Wii because it's backwards compatibility is more accessible than the 360's...I can't comment on the PS3's backwards compatiblity because I haven't bought it and I don't know if I'm going to.

PS3 has the best backwards compatability as far as I'm concerned. Even the PAL ones that use emulation and are limited to about 1,000 PS2 titles at the moment are better than the other two if you ask me, if only because I'd be willing to bet that they still run more great games than there were on the Xbox or the Cube (the limited selection of older titles in the VC means I don't even consider it right now when talking about BC. Maybe when it has more titles, but at this rate, it'll be a while before I care).

The Fat Bioware Nerd
04-09-2007, 11:23 AM
I didn't say the Wii had the best backwards compatibility. I said the Wii's backwards compatibility is more accessible. When you pop a Xbox one game into your 360 you have to connect an eithernet cable to an internet ready computer. When you pop a Gamecube game into your Wii all you need is a Gamecube controller and a Gamecube memory card that's it. As I said before I can't say anything about the PS3's backwards compatibility because I don't own one.

Dreddz
04-09-2007, 12:55 PM
So yeah, I just got a PS3 this morning . I bought Virtua Fighter 5 and Resistance as well. Set me back £500 nearly. From my hour or so of playing Virtua Fighter 5 ( which is too awesome to explain ) I can see the PS3 being very special, still need to play Resistance ( not too bothered about it, only got it because I had the spare money ).

I had a chance to put some of my old PS2 games into the PS3. Fortunately, out of the three I tested, all worked fine. They also looked a tad sharper in my opinion. Accessiblity should mean alot, but how well the consoles run the game should be a factor too. Dunno whether the Wii actually plays Gamecube games better though.

ljkkjlcm9
04-09-2007, 01:07 PM
Accessiblity should mean alot, but how well the consoles run the game should be a factor too. Dunno whether the Wii actually plays Gamecube games better though.
The Wii becomes a Gamecube as soon as you select to start playing the Gamecube game. It works exactly like the GC after that point.

THE JACKEL

JKTrix
04-09-2007, 01:37 PM
VF5 is awesome. I had to stop playing it so I could finish the mess of other games I haven't finished--and I'm waiting for my arcade stick.

Since the DS isn't applicable to this situation (otherwise I would pick it), I'll go with the 360.

There are a couple of Wii games I play now and then, and it's the system I take when I'm going to someone's house. My PS3 has been getting more playtime as an Okami/FFXII player and Protein Folder (http://www.ps3folding.com/) (in the folding program, if you see a single Yellow light to the East of the US East Coast--that's me!), but now and then I would put in VF5 or Gundam Musou. I haven't been on my 360 very much, though over the weekend I finished Crackdown.

I really spend most of my gaming time on my DS, but I pick the 360 since it has more games that I *would* play.

Slothy
04-09-2007, 02:37 PM
My PS3 has been getting more playtime as an Okami/FFXII player and Protein Folder (http://www.ps3folding.com/) (in the folding program, if you see a single Yellow light to the East of the US East Coast--that's me!)

Everyone with a PS3 (or a PC for that matter) should download and run folding@home, but that's getting a little off topic.

Anyway, sorry I misunderstood you earlier John. PS3 backwards compatability is very accessible. Put in the game and go, and if you have one of the ones with the PS2 hardware in it like mine, just about every PSX and PS2 game works. And then there's the fact that they intend to eventually let people download entire PSX games to play on the PS3 (they already do this for the PSP through the Playstation store, so letting the PS3 run them too is only a natural extension). Pretty nice if you ask me.

Dreddz
04-09-2007, 03:05 PM
My PS3 has been getting more playtime as an Okami/FFXII player and Protein Folder (http://www.ps3folding.com/) (in the folding program, if you see a single Yellow light to the East of the US East Coast--that's me!)

Everyone with a PS3 (or a PC for that matter) should download and run folding@home, but that's getting a little off topic.

I still dont even really know exactly what the hell it is. As I now have a PS3, I might as well check it out. Anyone able to give out details what it does and what Im supposed to do with it.

Madame Adequate
04-09-2007, 04:39 PM

and that's because the 360 has been out a year longer. Right now it's very hard to compare.

THE JACKAL

It's hard to compare them fairly. It isn't hard to place them side by side and say which is better. If the playing field had to be level, you couldn't take into account the PS3's higher cost, either :p

JKTrix
04-09-2007, 04:50 PM

I still dont even really know exactly what the hell it is. As I now have a PS3, I might as well check it out. Anyone able to give out details what it does and what Im supposed to do with it.

Fold some protein, cure cancer n' stuff. It's a research thing that's been going on for a while, studying how Protein affects Alzheimer's disease (particularly) and a few cancers. I'm not entirely sure of the actual scientific details, but it uses distributed computing to have several different computers doing the calculations simultaneously, then feed the results back to the central location.

A similar effort that's been going on for a while is SETI: Search for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SETI%40home).

Who knows if this stuff will actually work, but with distributed computing they can work through this stuff much faster.

Laddy
04-09-2007, 05:56 PM
360's don't have my type of games. Wii does. PS3 does, but a lot of them suck. Wii wins my bet... for now.

Slothy
04-09-2007, 08:18 PM

There are links to the site and various info in the program on the PS3, but JKTrix summed it up pretty well.

It could lead to a better understanding of just how protein folding is involved in causing Alzheimers and some other diseases. Whether or not it leads to a cure, who can say, but it's a worthy cause and it takes no time at all (just leave it running on your PC or on your PS3 when you're not using it).

Dreddz
04-09-2007, 08:43 PM
Ive looked into it and it does seem neat, but I dont think Im going to waste much time on it. Im too busy with Virtua Fighter 5 at the moment anyway.

Slothy
04-09-2007, 10:55 PM
Ive looked into it and it does seem neat, but I dont think Im going to waste much time on it. Im too busy with Virtua Fighter 5 at the moment anyway.

Like I said, all you have to do is leave it on when you're not using your PS3. I tend to just let it run if I happen to be going somewhere for a few hours, or if I'm doing homework or something. It doesn't exactly have to take any time away from your gaming. Since getting it for the PS3 I've also installed it on my PC, and when I get my laptop built, will most likely install it on that too. It is for a good cause, so every little bit helps I suppose. But now I'm just getting way too off topic, so I think I'll shut up about this now.

black orb
04-10-2007, 04:53 AM
>>> None..

Croyles
04-14-2007, 11:00 AM
PS3, hands down.