PDA

View Full Version : Question About Orichalcum Side-Quest

terpkristin
04-07-2007, 04:44 PM
Hi all,
Thanks to the generosity of folks around here, I was finally able to send 7 Mognet messages and open up the side-quests to get the Onion Knight and such. I completed the side-quest to rescue the children of Ur and the side-quest to fix Sara's pendant, though now I cannot seem to open up the side-quest to get the Orichalcum and get the ultima weapon. I have sent letters to everybody including Topapa, Takka, Cid, Sara, The 4 Old Men, and Prince Alus--enough letters that they aren't writing me back anymore (any of them). I expected at some point after this that I could write to Cid and he'd ask for help, but when I write Cid, he doesn't reply, either. I have just completed the part in the game where the Nautilus gains its underwater powers...Is there something I've missed?

Thanks,
/tk

Sam250
04-12-2007, 10:06 PM
The same thing happened to me. Cid wouldn't reply.

Now you may have to get futher in the game, but what did it for me was getting everyone elses 4 letters, before Cid would relpy for his 4th.

I see that you have already done that, so i guess you do have to get futher in the game! Just make sure that you have 4 replys from everybody. I think somone relpys 5 times, but i forget who it was....Takka mabye?

terpkristin
04-13-2007, 12:07 AM
I think this is it. I've gotten a bit further in the game and it seems that I've made another step, now I need to progress even further to move everything along.

Kind of a nuisance that so much of this comes up close to the end of the game, but I guess so be it.

/tk

smily face
08-15-2007, 07:35 PM
befor you read be lvl 45 or higher and have went futher in the game

GameFAQs: Final Fantasy III (DS) Master Smith FAQ by Pokemanic (http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/file/924897/46369)

hope this helps