PDA

View Full Version : MGS 3 Help

Ashley Schovitz
04-08-2007, 01:10 AM
I'm playing mGS for the first time I heard it was good and that it was a prequel to the rest, but I find it confusing I just started out, but I don
't know what to do I 'm at this bridge hiding in the grass, but whenever I try to cross it, I'm seen. help

Wolf Kanno
04-08-2007, 10:54 AM
There is a hornet's nest in a tree close to where the guard walks. Shoot it when the guard is directly under it. He will be attacked by the hornets and run screaming across the bridge. He will actually affect most of the guards on the other side of the bridge but you will have to be fast to get to the other side before they return.

If you are spotted on the bridge, cut the ropes with your knife and the guards may start falling off the unstable bridge as you cross (just be careful not to fall yourself;) )

When you reach the other side, there is a trail on the far left of the screen that will take you to a cliff side under the bridge that has some extra goodies to help you out.

Necronopticous
04-08-2007, 06:55 PM
The cool thing about Metal Gear Solid is that there's about a dozen ways to do anything. You could also tranq the guards, cqc them, choke them out, or slit their throats. My suggestion is to get used to the cqc stuff offered in MGS3, that will make the game much easier your first time around.

Pete for President
04-08-2007, 10:26 PM
If it's the first time you cross the bridge, you can also find a sniper rifle a few area's back. Makes things easy.

Ashley Schovitz
04-10-2007, 01:10 AM
OMG I didn't like this game at first, buty now it's fun. I just don't know how to save the game. I just beat The Pain and that was an intense battle, how dfo I save. I usually just wait until the game asks me.

Orophin
04-10-2007, 01:50 AM
OMG I didn't like this game at first, buty now it's fun. I just don't know how to save the game. I just beat The Pain and that was an intense battle, how dfo I save. I usually just wait until the game asks me.

Speak to Para-Medic via the Codec to save.

Ashley Schovitz
04-10-2007, 02:18 AM
I'm also in a jam here I just got past the scene where I saw the The Boss, Volgin and Ocelot at the deck. I alrerady went inside and past the warehouse, but now I'
m at this base where there is a barbed wire fence. I got past it,but I don't know what to do next, there is an iron door but it's locked.

Fonzie
04-10-2007, 03:18 AM
Tell me the area, and I'll give you the answers.

Pete for President
04-10-2007, 07:26 AM
I'm also in a jam here I just got past the scene where I saw the The Boss, Volgin and Ocelot at the deck. I alrerady went inside and past the warehouse, but now I'
m at this base where there is a barbed wire fence. I got past it,but I don't know what to do next, there is an iron door but it's locked.

Try knocking on the door (press "O" while backed against the door) and hide. A guard should step out, leaving the door open. Take him out if you wish, but it's not necessary.

Congrats! You just got in.

Big D
04-10-2007, 12:15 PM
It's also possible to crawl into that compound via a gap under the wall at the far left end. If it's the compound I'm thinking of, anyway.

The black mage
04-10-2007, 01:31 PM
once you get inside the building take off your face paint and change into the Scientist camo. Then just casuly walk to Garnin.
BUT AVOID THE OTHER SICIENTIST as they will raise the alarm and you'll have to fight. untill they stop coming and hide, (in a box)

Fonzie
04-10-2007, 01:35 PM
once you get inside the building take off your face paint and change into the Scientist camo. Then just casuly walk to Garnin.
BUT AVOID THE OTHER SICIENTIST as they will raise the alarm and you'll have to fight. untill they stop coming and hide, (in a box)

I suggest when somebody notices you doing something weird, use those fake cigs. to put them to sleep, and run. Also, theirs a couple peices of camo in here. One in a bathroom that requires a certain kind of hit to it, and I think one on the outside on the top floor. Don't forget to grap the battery where all the scientists are located.

Ashley Schovitz
04-14-2007, 07:10 PM
I'm stuck on beating the Sorrow I've died four times straight I don't know what to do!?

Ishin Ookami
04-14-2007, 07:21 PM
I'm stuck on beating the Sorrow I've died four times straight I don't know what to do!?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/game/914828.html

While I'm tempted to leave it at that and let you figure it out on your own like most of us have had too in the past before gamefaqs was created, I'll help you out this once.

for the fight with the sorrow, all the ghosts your seeing should look familiar. They are the ghosts of EACH AND EVERY person you've killed in the game. They can't hurt you, but the sorrow will toss a lightning bold your way every now and then, just dodge. As soon as your through the poltergeist parade, you will find the sorrows dead body and wake up.

Ashley Schovitz
04-14-2007, 07:23 PM
Are you sure, iIt seems like the last too times when I came to close I died.

Ishin Ookami
04-14-2007, 07:46 PM
don't go near the sorrow himself, just be patient. I'm assuming you've been a bit trigger happy, and have been killing many grunts. that's gonna cost you cuz it just means this particular fight is going to be long.

So just wait, let him send out the ghosts and wait until your at the end. you will see a REAL dead body underneath a tree, and the sorrow hovering above it. Thats the sign that this fight is over, just go to the body, and the fight will end and you will wake up down river.

Orophin
04-14-2007, 07:46 PM

That's normal.

Hint : Try to open your item menu after you "die". ;)

To quickly end the "battle", kill yourself by drowning under the water and then use the Revival Pill

Ishin Ookami
04-14-2007, 07:49 PM

That's normal.

Hint : Try to open your item menu after you "die". ;)

Oh yah, I forgot about the wake up pill. It's been a while since I last played the game. Though I'm a bit surprised the game didn't make it a blue pill ala a matrix referrence.