PDA

View Full Version : Bush's life saved by CEO - true story

Renmiri
04-08-2007, 03:21 AM
Just think we could be having Cheney as the official President today. :eek:

Mulally you are my hero!!!! :love: :love: :love:

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070407/AUTO01/704070338/1148

Credit Ford Motor Co. CEO Alan Mulally with saving the leader of the free world from self-immolation.

Mulally told journalists at the New York auto show that he intervened to prevent President Bush from plugging an electrical cord into the hydrogen tank of Ford's hydrogen-electric plug-in hybrid at the White House last week. Ford wanted to give the Commander-in-Chief an actual demonstration of the innovative vehicle, so the automaker arranged for an electrical outlet to be installed on the South Lawn and ran a charging cord to the hybrid. However, as Mulally followed Bush out to the car, he noticed someone had left the cord lying at the rear of the vehicle, near the fuel tank.

"I just thought, 'Oh my goodness!' So, I started walking faster, and the President walked faster and he got to the cord before I did. I violated all the protocols. I touched the President. I grabbed his arm and I moved him up to the front," Mulally said. "I wanted the president to make sure he plugged into the electricity, not into the hydrogen

Meat Puppet
04-08-2007, 03:23 AM
To save the president from assassinating himself is heroic work indeed. 3 cheers for Mulally!

TyphoonThaReapa
04-08-2007, 03:25 AM
Damn! SOOO Close!

Yamaneko
04-08-2007, 03:37 AM
It would have been ironic.

escobert
04-08-2007, 03:39 AM
Such a brave man.

nik0tine
04-08-2007, 04:01 AM
Oh, what could have been...

Renmiri
04-08-2007, 04:10 AM
Damn! SOOO Close!

From DailyKos:

First reaction - oh, that would have been great if he'd blown himself up.

Second reaction - oh no, that would make CHENEY President in Name as well as in Deed!

Third reaction - shame on me for wishing Bush would blow himself up.

Fourth reaction - why am I a bad person if I wouldn't cry too hard if he was dumb enough to blow himself up?

Fifth reaction - why couldn't that Secret Service agent have prevented the Ford CEO from touching Bush?

Sixth reaction - ROFL

It would make the Darwin Awards for sure.

Young Mally
04-08-2007, 04:17 AM
Damn! SOOO Close!

From DailyKos:

First reaction - oh, that would have been great if he'd blown himself up.

Second reaction - oh no, that would make CHENEY President in Name as well as in Deed!

Third reaction - shame on me for wishing Bush would blow himself up.

Fourth reaction - why am I a bad person if I wouldn't cry too hard if he was dumb enough to blow himself up?

Fifth reaction - why couldn't that Secret Service agent have prevented the Ford CEO from touching Bush?

Sixth reaction - ROFL

You win some, you lose some. But you live. You live to pray on Bush's death another day.

Renmiri
04-08-2007, 04:23 AM

Long live our fustercluck President!!!!

Nominus Experse
04-08-2007, 10:07 AM
His death belongs in the Darwin Awards, so why not give it to him.