PDA

View Full Version : What do you want the Crystal Bearers to be like?

KentaRawr!
04-08-2007, 04:42 PM
Personally, I found it cool how they're called the Crystal Bearers. It reminded me of FF1. :p Anyway...

Controls

NOTICE: In order to play this game, you will need the Nunchaku Attachment.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g246/KenYocin/Controls.jpg

Note: B + D-Pad = Switch Magic, and simply pressing and letting go of B uses the Magic you've chosen. Using the D-Pad alone switches Healing Items. Then, to use a healing item, you press the Z-Button on the Nunchaku Attachment. Sorry for the crappy resizing of the picture, and my slight forgetfulness.

Basic Game Mechanics

As for the gameplay itself when on a level, it should be quite similar to FF:CC. The only differences there should be are no chalice, no Weapon Specific Special Attacks, and no third difference. (Especially that third one.)

Job Switching

I hope you get four characters since the beginning of the game. I don't really care who they are as long as you can change their main jobs, and each time you bring light to one of the four crystals, you get more jobs. ;)

Story

Obviously, it would suck if this actually became the story of the game, as everyone would know it. But oh well.

So, like, man was totally in peace, right? But they were using the Crystal's Light to their advantage, like, a lot. The Crystals foresaw that like, they were gonna screw themselves over. So they chose four warriors of Dark (Not related to the guys you saw in FF3, even though my entire list of wants for this game is blatantly based off of FF3.) to stop that from happening. And so, the world was set into what they considered the Dark Ages, but in truth, they were saved. Now, lots and LOTS of years pass, dude. Lots and lots.

So there are these four kids, and we're fast-forwarding through this.

So now, you find one of the four warriors of Dark, and he attacks you. You beat his ass, and he says something about his master, like, totally. You wonder what the smurf he's talking about. So later, as you progress through more dungeons helping helpless people, you find a man by the name of (Insert Name Here), who was granted immortality, and had lived through those dark ages. He had used great magic to control the Warriors of Dark, and now, he wishes to do anything to deny the Crystal's will. He's evil, most basically.

Like, that would totally be a groovy story.

So, all in all, I want this to be a real-timed FF3. >_>

I probably took my post too seriously, but oh well. What do YOU want this game to be like?

Edit: Oh, and when you're not playing with friends, you can give your three other team-mates a mind-set for certain situations, like in Kingdom Hearts. So like, I'd tell my Red Mage to go on the Offensive when fighting weaker enemies, but then on Defensive when fighting a boss, or something like that.

Crossblades
04-08-2007, 04:45 PM
You post pretty much summed up of what I want Crystal Bearers to be like:)

Those controls you posted, are they official?

KentaRawr!
04-08-2007, 04:46 PM
Oh no, not at all official. I just made that in Microsoft Paint. :p

Crossblades
04-08-2007, 04:49 PM
Oh no, not at all official. I just made that in Microsoft Paint. :p

:p

It's still cool nonetheless. I really hope SE uses that control setup

LoKuS
04-08-2007, 05:45 PM
I just hope its awesome.

Saku
04-23-2007, 03:55 AM
I didn't mind the first game too much because I always had people to play with... namely my brother and sister.
Having said that... and being experienced with my siblings, I think I will need a dividing wall between their crazy antics and my mage castings.... because... if the enemies don't kill me... I'm sure they will.

But w/e... I just want a fun game that utilises the Wii's potential. The storyline could use some more work from the last game, and maybe there could be more triggers with things as the years go by to keep things a little more interesting.
And sidequests... don't forget side quests!