PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Meetup Thread, eh? - Updated! -

Agrias
04-08-2007, 10:39 PM
Alright,
So we've come up with some ideas and so on for the meetup that will be held in Toronto, Ontario on August 24th till the 27th so basically a Friday to a Sunday. We're going on those days so we can try catching the Ex-Con (http://www.hobbystar.com/hobbystar/Conventions.html), it'll give us something to do other than fry our brains with endless amounts of TV.

Chemical has so gracefully decided to help little old me with this trip, seeing as she lives in that area and has provided this link here (http://www.hostels.com/en/availability.php/HostelNumber.851) which offers hostel rates and booking options, etc.

So far i count about six of us going or so, but if we can bump that up to about ten people, we can get a discount rate at the hostel. I've sent PM's to the people who were interested in going, i've yet to recieve replies from about ten or so people. So please, if you can for sure make it PM me and tell me.

The final plans and all the booking must be finalized by June 1st, so make sure it can be a definite by then. After that its highly doubtful that bookings can be changed.

Also, if you live in that area, why not stop by for a few hours or so? The more the merrier! So thats that! Thanks to Chemical for all her help and lets try to make it a successful first meetup!

:tongue:

Araciel
04-09-2007, 12:20 AM
i'll go if i still have a sponsor ;)

Agrias
04-09-2007, 05:50 AM
i'll go if i still have a sponsor ;)

well i sure hope you can cause it'll be fun. plus you're my bro you gotta like...protect me from gang members and stuff. lol

theundeadhero
04-09-2007, 10:33 AM
I recommend buying tickets well in advance if that's where you're going.

Peegee
04-10-2007, 12:28 PM
Meaning Toronto, the hostel, or Excon?

Excon I'm there EVERY SINGLE YEAR. I can probably get an exhibiter's (I almost wrote exhibitionist's, which is still accurate but lol-tastic) pass thanks to my brother who's an artist, so I'll be there most every day.

I get out of work Friday at 12:30pm so I'll head downtown at that point. The con itself starts in the afternoon so I might even get to spend some time with y'all!

Once we get the party list going on, will there be somebody 'in the area' who will be around that day? We can negotiate meeting times and phone numbers in advance (via PM of course).

^_^

The Summoner of Leviathan
04-10-2007, 04:13 PM
I'd totally would want to go, but I am really unsure about money at the moment. I'll tell you as soon as I get employed, which hopefully will be this week if papers and such don't kill me.

Chemical
04-10-2007, 05:38 PM
I imagine I'll be the primary contact in Toronto.

I live right downtown at University and Dundas and I'll be a good resource if you get lost, need to go to the Police, a hospital or just catch up with other people. (When everything is confirmed I'll give out my cell phone number to those of you attending)

As for the excon I've never had a problem getting in before during the day of. I don't imagine I'll be going every day... just because I'd get bored - I only ever go to the horror aspect.

So you all can catch me sunbathing and drinking beer at the Sheridan Hotel - outdoor pool :cool:

White Raven
04-12-2007, 11:04 PM
I'll be there, and probably won't be staying at a hostel cause I'm only 45 minutes away from downtown Toronto.

:)

Peegee
04-12-2007, 11:51 PM
:D

I guess I'm going to go awol that weekend and hang out with you guys.

I don't think I can crash at the hostel though :(

Agrias
04-13-2007, 12:01 AM
Yea there are quite a few people who are unsure of the hostel idea. I'm bringing Iri Valentine down with me and also my dad is coming, so he wants us to stay in a hotel. What i could do is offer the link to the hotel i'll be staying at and if you guys want to stay there as well, you can just let me know.

Chemical
04-13-2007, 01:33 AM
You're all a bunchy of pussy cats.

Hostels rox

Araciel
04-13-2007, 02:00 AM

Hostels rox

yah wusses i'll go to the hostel

Agrias
04-13-2007, 12:06 PM

Hostels rox

yah wusses i'll go to the hostel

lol, it just all depends on what people are comfortable with. If we can find a hotel thats close to a hostel, then we can have some people in the hotel and the others in the hostel. That way its just a quick run downstairs and POOF! hi other members!

theundeadhero
04-13-2007, 02:44 PM
You're better off staying together.

Christmas
04-13-2007, 06:21 PM
It's MANUS season at Canada in August.

Peegee
04-13-2007, 06:44 PM
The only thing about Hostels is that you have to live by their rules. If they say you have to be back 11pm then a lot of the older people (what are your ages btw?) won't be able to go to bars or clubs.

If you go to a Hotel I can help pay for a bit of it. However we need somebody with a credit card for the deposit / use of phones, etc. I learned the hard way in California xD

Anyway, however you do things, I'll be hanging out with you guys all weekend until I can't follow xD

/stalks you >:DDD

Bart's Friend Milhouse
04-13-2007, 10:02 PM
I can't come because I live in London

utelektr
04-14-2007, 06:09 PM
I might be able to, because I live in the Toronto area, but we might be out of continent. >_>

Araciel
04-17-2007, 05:41 AM
(what are your ages btw?)

24...not as old as some

*points at PG*

Chemical
04-19-2007, 12:10 AM
I'm 22.

Old enough to drink .... legally.

04-19-2007, 01:59 AM
If I go, I will have just turned 20.

Ko Ko
04-29-2007, 10:53 PM
I would love to go, and I probably will, but I will do everything in my power to avoid ex-con. :D

CimminyCricket
04-30-2007, 03:04 AM
I would very much love to come, if not to kill you all if not to hang out with some other people, but I'll be in California during August versus Minnesota which is close enough for me to be willing to attend.

Proxy
04-30-2007, 05:11 AM
My sister lives in Toronto...I might stop by.
Closer to the date, I will need someone cell phone # so i can contact and be all "ooo lets meet here or there"

Araciel
04-30-2007, 05:17 AM
I would love to go, and I probably will, but I will do everything in my power to avoid ex-con. :D

ex-con? i thought it was ex-CONS...as in we were going to hang out with some old prison pen pals...

i'm so no longer interested.

srsly if and when anyone decides to come down, i'll give you my number if you need a contact. rawr.

Agrias
04-30-2007, 08:54 PM
Oi i know, its a fluxuating rotation of people who are unsure if they will make it or not. Now all we need is a yay or nay on the hotel/hostel, and which one.

Araciel
05-01-2007, 03:34 PM
oh i'm coming...my real lil' sis is coming too...but on the night of the 26th i'm getting blind stinking drunk since at 8 pm i will be officially twenty five.

Renmiri
05-01-2007, 04:57 PM
Take pictures please :love:

Lynx
05-02-2007, 04:07 AM
oh man toronto is only 7 hours away from me. thats actually not that far but i have my doubts that id make it there. if me and my friends did go to niagara falls like we planned to its only about an hour and a half away but still have my doubts id make it.

Peegee
05-04-2007, 11:52 AM
It would be nice if you guys can make it (those who are in the maybe pile). I'll invite my friends and we can have a weekend of horrifyingly drunken rampaging carnage :)

Araciel
05-04-2007, 10:54 PM
It would be nice if you guys can make it (those who are in the maybe pile). I'll invite my friends and we can have a weekend of horrifyingly drunken rampaging carnage :)

sounds like a plan to me man....hopefully i won't end up in debt.

Ko Ko
05-05-2007, 06:50 PM
If I get the top grades in school (highly likely) Then my momo might buy me a ticket. :tongue: Even though I already have enough for one to see Alice.

quanisha_thompson01
05-06-2007, 04:13 AM
If I get the top grades in school (highly likely) Then my momo might buy me a ticket. :tongue: Even though I already have enough for one to see Alice.
huh?:confused:

Agrias
05-07-2007, 01:19 AM

:OOO
-dances around in circles-
W00TW00T!It'll be awesome! Yes, so would you people prefer staying in a hotel or a hostel?

Awrini
05-07-2007, 11:55 PM
So wait, yeah I'm going or something. Rawr?

Agrias
05-08-2007, 06:10 AM
Ok everyone, so i've decided to get the show on the road and get you people set up with accomidations, since all we've been doing for two months is questioning who's coming or not. Well we have to have this all settled by the end of the month, aka: June 1st.

So the site i've used for the hotel reference list is here, (http://www.hotels.ca/index.jsp?pageName=hotNetList&cid=78205&city=TORONTO&stateProvince=ON&country=CAN&hotel=2&currencyCode=CAD)

Now there are three hotels we can choose from, i'll list the hotels below, their rating, a description, and how much it will cost per night.

1. Star Rating 3
Park Plaza Toronto Airport
33 Carlson Crt
Toronto On M9w6h5

98.30$ per night.

The Park Plaza Toronto Airport Is 20 Minutes From Shopping, Dining And Entertainment Venues Of Downtown Toronto (Ontario) And Five Minutes From Lester B. Pearson International Airport. The Business-oriented Hotel Is One Mile From Toronto Congress Center And Two Miles From The International Center. Canada's Wonderland, Cn Tower And Rogers Center Are A Short, 15- Minute Drive From The Hotel.
Leisure Travelers Enjoy A Heated Indoor Pool, Jetted Tub And Fitness Center. Other Convenient Amenities Include Business Services, An Airport Shuttle, 24-Hour Room Service, Laundry Facilities And A Gift Shop. Open For Breakfast, Lunch And Dinner, The On-site Capri Restaurant & Lounge Offers A Buffet Breakfast, Lunch-time Pasta Bar And Evening Buffet. Guests At The Park Plaza Toronto Airport Enjoy Light Fare And Favorite Beverages At The Capri Restaurant. A Seasonal Park Patio Is Open For Intimate Outdoor Dining. The Park Plaza Toronto Airport Provides Over 12,000 Square Feet Of Flexible, Well-equipped Meeting Spaces Complete With The Use Of A Skilled Staff And Catering Services.

Guests Retiring For The Evening May Choose From A Variety Of Guestrooms With Colorful Armchairs, Spacious Dressers And Executive Desks. All Guestrooms Include Minibars, Coffeemakers And Data Ports. Deluxe Guestrooms Include Wireless Internet Access, Granite Bathrooms With Bathrobes And Ergonomic Desk Chairs. Corporate Plaza Guestrooms Highlight Separate Vanities, Sculpted Mirrors And A Separate Parlor Area With Wing Chairs And A Mini Fridge.

Ideal For Business Travel, The Park Plaza Toronto Airport Provides Convenient Airport Access And Impressive Amenities Sure To Satisfy Discerning Travelers.

2. Star Rating 3.5
Montecassino Hotel Suites
3710 Chesswood Dr
Toronto On M3j2w4

78.42$ per night

Located In North York, The Montecassino Hotel Suites In Uptown Toronto, Ontario (Canada) Is Adjacent To The Downsview Park Airfield And Just A Few Blocks From York University. Cultural And Business Attractions Of Downtown Toronto Are Just Minutes Away.
The Montecassino Hotel Suites Provides 24-Hour Front Desk Services, Complimentary Parking, And Laundry Facilities. Guests Wake Each Morning To Complimentary Continental Breakfasts. For Business Necessities, This Hotel Also Has An On-site Business Center, Audio-visual Equipment And Banquet Space. The Montecassino Ristorante Serves Italian Cuisine For Lunch And Dinner.

Guestrooms Are Comfortable And Furnished With Cable Televisions, Two Double Beds, Writing Tables And Small Refrigerators.

3. Star Rating 3.5
Travelodge Hotel Toronto Airport
925 Dixon Rd
Toronto On M9w1j8

78.42$ per night.

Business And Pleasure Travelers Will Find Easy Access To Toronto, Ont. Attractions From Travelodge Toronto Airport, Dixon Road At Highway 427. Guests Are Close To Pearson International Airport, Woodbine Raceway, Canada's Wonderland And The Air Canada Centre. Niagara Falls Is 90 Minutes Away. This 283-Room, 17- Story Hotel Has An Indoor Pool, A Fitness Center, Meeting Rooms And Business Services. Room Amenities Include High-speed Internet, Safes, And Wireless Keyboards With Access To Web Tv. Each Room Has Country-style Pine Furniture And A Red-brick Wall.

Now choose which one you'd all prefer to stay at, you should choose two or three people who can share costs per room and who would be willing to bunk with eachother.

The sooner we get this settled the better. I know there are some who will not be needing lodging as they have arranged for lodging in a different source, thus these are only for those who DO NOT have lodging for their stay. Thanks again, and reply promptly with a PM to myself.

Peegee
05-10-2007, 12:48 AM
Hotels near downtown are damn expensive. The ones you picked however, are any near a subway?

The best thing to do is to get a Hotel near a subway. I'm checking these on mapquest and trying to remember where the nearest subway is.

I say this because in Toronto, especially if we're going to a convention eventually, subway > *

it's all cheap transit. With that in mind, I would recommend the Montecassino Hotel Suites because it's near Sheppard Avenue and that's one bus ride to a subway.

Agrias
05-17-2007, 05:39 PM
Ok well since no one else is replying, if by the 20th no one says which hotel they'll stay at, then we'll go with the montecassino hotel suites.

2. Star Rating 3.5
Montecassino Hotel Suites
3710 Chesswood Dr
Toronto On M3j2w4

78.42$ per night

Located In North York, The Montecassino Hotel Suites In Uptown Toronto, Ontario (Canada) Is Adjacent To The Downsview Park Airfield And Just A Few Blocks From York University. Cultural And Business Attractions Of Downtown Toronto Are Just Minutes Away.
The Montecassino Hotel Suites Provides 24-Hour Front Desk Services, Complimentary Parking, And Laundry Facilities. Guests Wake Each Morning To Complimentary Continental Breakfasts. For Business Necessities, This Hotel Also Has An On-site Business Center, Audio-visual Equipment And Banquet Space. The Montecassino Ristorante Serves Italian Cuisine For Lunch And Dinner.

Guestrooms Are Comfortable And Furnished With Cable Televisions, Two Double Beds, Writing Tables And Small Refrigerators.

Thanks for the input PG

Araciel
05-17-2007, 07:22 PM
chez moi

free
continental cheerios breakfast
24 hour beds
view of the backwoods of south ontario through a small basement window

it's win win for everyone

Agrias
05-17-2007, 07:23 PM
chez moi

free
24 hour beds

Not everyone is as specially endowed as you Sir Araciel.

Peegee
05-24-2007, 03:47 PM
chez moi

free
24 hour beds

Not everyone is as specially endowed as you Sir Araciel.

:D:D:D

Ahh it's so far away. I want another EoFF meetup T_T

Agrias
05-25-2007, 07:11 PM
Well it looks like Iri and i will probably be the only ones staying in a hotel, considering no one else has responded. That having been said, the final day for anyone to speak up about wanting a room in the hotel is May 31st.

Harroldo
05-27-2007, 06:21 PM
Lynx and I can make it we would problably make our own arrangements somehow ... we will get there it will be some adventure new rest stop pics we'll Kidnapp Keith agian lol anyway we'llbe there

I Took the Red Pill
05-27-2007, 06:23 PM
we'll Kidnapp Keith agian lol anyway we'llbe there:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

Lynx
05-27-2007, 11:17 PM
we'll Kidnapp Keith agian lol anyway we'llbe there:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

ahahaha it was an thing we did awhile back we told our friend we were campoing out all night and we're driving for a little bit of skateing and next thing he knows we're 300 miles away skateing in boston.

Harroldo
05-30-2007, 05:23 AM
yeah well thats the way we roll and seriously who doesn't want to be kidnapped and then find themselves somewhere exciting and new ? i know not one person doesn't want that right? but i think Canada might be somewhat of a challenge ...

Chemical
05-31-2007, 03:20 PM
North York is about a 30 - 40 minute subway ride from where you want to be. (Subway costs 2.75$)

There's the "Residence College Hotel" on College and Gerrard.

ABOUT The Residence College Hotel
The Residence College Hotel is located in the heart of downtown Toronto on the corners of Bay and Gerrard. We are within 15 minutes walking distance to Greyhound's bus terminal, The Eaton Centre and world famous Yonge Street. We are also within 30 minutes of many other tourist attractions, please ask for details.

Use of our Fun 2B Fit fitness center with 24 hour weight room, swimming pool are complimentary with accommodations.

Each single room includes: 1 single bed, desk with chair, telephone, lamp, sink and vanity mirror, closets,

A double room comes with all the same amenities but with 2 beds and twice the space.

Each guest floor in our facility features a t.v. lounge, shared kitchenette, laundry facilities and 2 large washrooms.

We are offering hostel rooms at a discounted rate of only $39.00 per night.

Please note: 12% taxes are not included in rates.

Please also note a $25.00 refundable key deposit is required upon check in.

So Rates are about 39 - 75$ a night...

Available Ammenities:

Car Parking Available

Laundry

Linen Included

Credit Cards Accepted

Towels

Luggage Storage

Swimming Pool

Guest Kitchen

Telephone/Fax Facilities

24 Hour Reception

Common Room

No Curfew

No Lockout

Lift / Elevator

Bike Parking

No Smoking

Taxes Not Included

Gym

Smoking Rooms

Air Conditioning

http://www.hostels.com/images/hostels/12189_1.gif

Residence College Hotel The - 416-351-1010
90 Gerrard W, Toronto, ON M5G 1J6

Agrias
05-31-2007, 08:29 PM
Hmm, thats pretty darn good. Is there a number associated with this place?

Rodarian
06-08-2007, 02:33 PM
Awww I leaving two day before that! No fair!! *cries*

Chemical
06-11-2007, 08:55 PM
Hmm, thats pretty darn good. Is there a number associated with this place?

There is, but I didn't add a bracket to my img html so it was html'd out - sorry! :S :S :S

Ko Ko
06-11-2007, 10:12 PM
I was pretty sure I was going, but my father cut us off everything, including child support, so I really don't think I can. If not for the school having paid internets like this, I probably couldnt have posted this.
Which sucks.
But if we plan it next year, I am going to Uni of Toronto, so maybe I can force you all to do it all again =3

bipper
06-12-2007, 08:04 PM
I might actually try and make it to this :eek: As in I think it will work. I will have to double check, but if anyone needs help getting there or whatever, I drive all the way across Wisconsin and so on to get there. I could use a damned road trip.

Agrias
06-13-2007, 12:46 AM
I was pretty sure I was going, but my father cut us off everything, including child support, so I really don't think I can. If not for the school having paid internets like this, I probably couldnt have posted this.
Which sucks.
But if we plan it next year, I am going to Uni of Toronto, so maybe I can force you all to do it all again =3

Tell you what Iri, PM me the amount you have saved up so far, and i'll spot you on the rest. K?? :love:

Araciel
06-13-2007, 01:24 AM
I might actually try and make it to this :eek: As in I think it will work. I will have to double check, but if anyone needs help getting there or whatever, I drive all the way across Wisconsin and so on to get there. I could use a damned road trip.

you so have to come now...if you don't i'll be disappointed. it's my birthday too so we have to get wasted and stuff

Lynx
06-13-2007, 03:47 AM
do you need passports to get from the US to canada or does that only take affect in 2008?

Vincent, Thunder God
06-13-2007, 03:49 AM
It's really too bad I can't make it this year. It sounds like the meeting is shaping up really well, especially for a first.

Araciel
06-13-2007, 04:21 AM
do you need passports to get from the US to canada or does that only take affect in 2008?

it's in debate at the moment, but i'm pretty sure you need one.

also, if you came all the way to the border, it'd probably be best just to have it anyway (not knowing what part of NY you live in)

Takara
06-13-2007, 04:26 AM
I think you don't need one if you drive from the U.S. to Canada, but you definitively need one now to buy bus/train/plane tickets.

Lynx
06-13-2007, 04:26 AM

it's in debate at the moment, but i'm pretty sure you need one.

also, if you came all the way to the border, it'd probably be best just to have it anyway (not knowing what part of NY you live in)

i googled it"google magic my friends" it said not until 2008 will i need it but i will need my birth certificate and drivers license. as long as im driving. if i were to fly id need a passport but good thing im form new york so ist nto that far. but i do live in the tri state area so 5 hour drive here i come :p but who doesnt love advenutres.

my conclusion

google solves all proplems.

06-13-2007, 05:54 AM
Entering the USA by land and sea does not require a passport, entering by air does. By 2008 all modes of entering the USA will require a passport. In other words, you do not need a passport to go into Canada, you just need one to go home, if you are an American that is.

Awrini
06-13-2007, 06:44 AM
Yeah I'm slackin. =P I'll be up there though. I gaurentee it.

Agrias
06-13-2007, 03:09 PM
Yeah I'm slackin. =P I'll be up there though. I gaurentee it.

Have fuuuun nano!!! <3
Maybe i'll see you next year ;D

bipper
06-13-2007, 05:04 PM

you so have to come now...if you don't i'll be disappointed. it's my birthday too so we have to get wasted and stuff

Sounds good buddy! My roomate be commin two, we are making a good trip of it, stopping at milwakee, then chicago, then through the great lakes region. So if anyone wants to be <del> beaten, abducted, and hogtide</del> picked up let me know <del> (accept you Nomnous Experse - you scare me :()</del> :) I am also reserving a hotel room, maybe two.

PS, is the drinking age 19 in Toronto? My roomie is 19.

Araciel
06-14-2007, 06:43 PM
oh you know how we be drinkin underage in ontario! yes, the legal age here is 19! PARTAY.

sounds like an awesome road trip...i still want to do a tour of some states .. possibly doing that next summer.

also, that passport thing is good to know, although mine is supposedly still in the mail anyway :S

Paro
06-14-2007, 09:31 PM
t dot is so far from vancouver...

06-14-2007, 09:33 PM
This makes me all the more want to come. I still do not know yet, since if I go anywhere, I'd be torn between going to TO or home since I haven't been home since Christmas.

Lynx
06-17-2007, 05:16 AM
oh you know how we be drinkin underage in ontario! yes, the legal age here is 19! PARTAY.

sweet!

i cant wait to dirnk and it be considered "legal" :D

Araciel
06-17-2007, 08:14 AM
i think it's kinda cool when you go 'round in public and it's legal for the first time. it's a novelty.

Lynx
06-17-2007, 08:36 AM
i think it's kinda cool when you go 'round in public and it's legal for the first time. it's a novelty.

oh im sure ill get a kick out of it :p

Araciel
06-17-2007, 03:46 PM
plus you'll be in a foreign country...though i'm sure toronto will remind you of any big city for the most part..

Chemical
06-17-2007, 04:33 PM
Apparently Toronto is more like San Fran or New York because of the different cultures and the large gay population. Gay Pride is next week - it's the largest gay celebration in Canada. The only one in the world that is larger is New York - for obvious reasons.

Anyways - what I'll do is if people start listing places they want to see/ things they're interested in doing/etc. then I can start making a map of Toronto with all the major interests - so if people get broken up then they can still go around TO with ease.

So if you can give me a whisper + cell phone/contact information while you're in the city (if you feel comfortable giving that out) so that I can add that to the map and people can call eacother to meet up.

The best thing will be to get two days passes with the TTC (8.50$ for 2 adults to have unlimited travel for one day - only available on Sat & Sun)

Araciel
06-17-2007, 05:59 PM
stalker.

Lynx
06-17-2007, 11:21 PM
Apparently Toronto is more like San Fran or New York because of the different cultures and the large gay population. Gay Pride is next week - it's the largest gay celebration in Canada. The only one in the world that is larger is New York - for obvious reasons.

Anyways - what I'll do is if people start listing places they want to see/ things they're interested in doing/etc. then I can start making a map of Toronto with all the major interests - so if people get broken up then they can still go around TO with ease.

hmm well im from new york been to nyc before so it should be ok.

also i know nothing about toronto so i wouldnt know any sights to see. all i want to know is will my skateboard get cops chaseing after me because everywhere i go skateing is appreantly a "crime".

Araciel
06-17-2007, 11:58 PM
no, they're busy with murders and the like up here.

Lynx
06-21-2007, 12:56 AM
no, they're busy with murders and the like up here.

oh well thats umm... good.

Markus. D
06-21-2007, 01:30 AM
I <3 Canadians from Canadia

Peegee
06-26-2007, 06:47 PM

Would be cool to meet the bipper-sama. Yay pls to be coming!

Araciel
07-05-2007, 03:25 PM
that's what i'm sayin! we don't get enough vitamin G up here man!

bipper's gotta come....he's just gotta!

Chemical
07-29-2007, 07:13 PM
Alright so it's getting to be that time and I need confirmation of who will be (for certain) staying at Hotel Chemical.

THE LIST:
Chemical
Dyslexicon
Dyslexicon's sister
Enano
Mindflare

Unconfirmed:
Jowy
Misfit

In other words - Jowy and Misfit do you guys know if you're still coming up?

bipper
08-02-2007, 03:13 PM
Dammit! I will see what I can do to make it! With all the local advents, I am being pinned down quite horribly for time-off from work :D

bipper
08-04-2007, 12:24 AM
Double post for update.

I will NOT be able to make it now for sure. We lost a coworker to the 35w bridge collapse. He is hospitalized and I am donating what I can in my PTO. Sorry guys, but this is more important to me.

Agrias
08-05-2007, 03:24 PM
i will not be making it. a serious matter has come up in california with a former member from this site, i wont be mentioning who, and i'll be flying out on the 12th to see if i can do anything. Have fun, be safe, enjoy your vaca guys.

Araciel
08-08-2007, 04:09 AM
you will be missed

Fonzie
08-08-2007, 04:12 AM
How far is Canada from Texas?

Araciel
08-08-2007, 04:35 AM
many..uh...'miles'

Agrias
08-08-2007, 06:07 AM
you will be missed

LIES! LIES LIES AND MORE LIES! Although it is a shame i wont be meeting nano ;_;
i was looking forward to that :(

Araciel
08-08-2007, 06:20 AM
i'll miss ya sis.

also BWOW CHICKA WOW WOW

Agrias
08-08-2007, 06:23 AM
i'll miss ya sis.

also BWOW CHICKA WOW WOW

you'll miss nothing. Just random nothingness and a few fist fights between us. Also, WHY YOU RETROPORNMUSICIN ME!?

Araciel
08-08-2007, 06:31 AM
lohl fist fights that i would win.

also debates about who has hairier armpits.

Agrias
08-08-2007, 06:37 AM
i think i'd win....the fist fights. lol

Yamaneko
08-08-2007, 06:38 AM
It takes four months to plan this?

Araciel
08-08-2007, 06:44 AM
i think it originally had something to do with when people were able to come...but now it's just...yeah

Agrias
08-08-2007, 06:47 AM
its mentally and physically RETARDED!! YAYYYY!!!! handicapped child ftw

Peegee
08-08-2007, 07:35 PM
Alright so it's getting to be that time and I need confirmation of who will be (for certain) staying at Hotel Chemical.

THE LIST:
Chemical
Dyslexicon
Dyslexicon's sister
Enano
Mindflare

Unconfirmed:
Jowy
Misfit

In other words - Jowy and Misfit do you guys know if you're still coming up?

Moosefoot! You come see pg pls <3

Awrini
08-11-2007, 03:28 AM
Don't worry, Erie is along my driving route, I'll beat down the door and drag them up. =P

Misfit
08-11-2007, 04:52 PM
YAY! I wanna goooooooo! And then dance with Alice like this: *dance* YAY! And then catch squirrels with peeg like this: *catches squirrel* YAY!

Araciel
08-11-2007, 05:30 PM
ah it's too bad alice won't be coming.

edit: thank you to whoever fixed the title of the thread ;D

Misfit
08-12-2007, 05:51 PM
ah it's too bad alice won't be coming.

Oh, really? :( /cry

Agrias
08-12-2007, 07:44 PM
yarly.

Its alot of problems all at once. I dont think i'll make it till like....NEXT year O_O

BUT I WANNA DANCE WITH YOU LIKE THAT TOO!!! :D

Peegee
08-13-2007, 07:53 PM
yarly.

Its alot of problems all at once. I dont think i'll make it till like....NEXT year O_O

Alice is ttly welcome to visit Toronto anytime. I dunno if I can sneak you in my house (can you wear a rock for a few hours?) though, but yay *throws straws in your nose*

Chemical
08-14-2007, 03:23 AM
do we have to go dark rave dancing?

Araciel
08-14-2007, 05:03 AM
i'm not doing any kind of dancing other than the drunk stumbly.

Chemical
08-15-2007, 05:14 AM
that's fine we'll leave you on the street in a pile of your own birthday vomit.

Awrini
08-16-2007, 04:44 AM
Eight days, and counting...

Muahahahaha

Agrias
08-16-2007, 09:54 AM
yarly.

Alice is ttly welcome to visit Toronto anytime. I dunno if I can sneak you in my house (can you wear a rock for a few hours?) though, but yay *throws straws in your nose*

OMG! you live thurr?
and i can come stay thurr? fer serious? PG, you make GOOOOD cookies! Well i'll be saving up to hopefully come by the time my 19th b-day roles around. If you wanna try it then?

Peegee
08-19-2007, 05:09 AM
Totally. But seriously you can't crash at my place cuz my mother (there's a thread about it) will probably think you'll steal all of our stuff...

I'm not sure where you'll put it since you live in BC, but my mother's my mother.

=)

edit: can I get somebody's phone # (PM me) since I will not be hanging out with you until Friday evening? Otherwise I'll just go to the convention and walk around with pg spikey hair -- it's my only way to get caught.

Chemical
08-21-2007, 04:29 AM
Okie dokie!

Well I have NO IDEA what everyone is doing:

Misfit, Jowy, White Raven, Ko Ko, Proxy, Harroldo, Lynx, Keith all mentioned they're coming; Do you all know if you still are? and when you'll be here?

I know for SURE Enano and Mindflade will be here Friday; Dyslexicon as well. The three of them will be with me at my abode (if anyone is planning to come and needs a contact number they can get a hold of either PG or myself.)

<c>THE PLAN:
------------------</c>

FRIDAY!!!!: Dyselxicon's 25th Birthday Bash!
People are invited to pre-drink at my place starting at 8 PM. I'll be having both local friends and EoFFers here before we head out(around 10 PM) to play Pool and to check out some local dive bars and possibly dance joints! :) It's going to be a late night!!!!

SATURDAY!!!!: The Convention!
Starting with an early morning coffee to cure the hangover of death!~We'll be meeting up at Union Station (1 Front Street) at 9 AM before heading out (at 9:20) to the Ex-Con. :) It'll be a full day of nerd oggling and junk so yeah. There should also be fun involved.
In the evening we'll be heading out for dinner :d Thai, Vietnamese, Chinese - any taste of Asian is available on Spadina~ so pick up some take out and come with us to the Grange park to eat in the heart of down town!
Followed by a chilled out night of relaxing with a movie~a cafe~crepes~wine~cheese~art openings~

SUNDAY!!!! No One Knows What The Hell is Going On Day!!!!
COULD BE~ Shopping at the Eaton's Center, Shopping along Queen Street, Chilling out in Kensington, The ROM, The Science Center, The AGO, The Beach, A movie, Up the CN Tower, Tourist Bus Ride, Party, Bands, BBQ, A Visit to the Island, Canada's Wonderland~~ WHO KNOWS?! NOT ME! NOT YOU! NOT EVEN THAT GUY IN THE CORNER!

MONDAY!!! Bye Bye Enano And Mindflare day!!!
Get the hell out of my house you freeloaders!

<c>THE END!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</c>

Fonzie
08-21-2007, 04:31 AM
Yes for underage drinking.

Awrini
08-21-2007, 04:36 AM
Underage what now? Who's underage?

08-21-2007, 04:37 AM
I'd love to go but I can't get the days off from work, not that I asked but I know my boss would not give me that many days off since we are kinda under-staffed not as bad as before but still.

Hope you guys have fun and take lots of pictures!

Chemical
08-21-2007, 04:40 AM

Sorry~ you're not invited little guy :(

Only the big kids can come out and play Friday.

Fonzie
08-21-2007, 04:46 AM

Sorry~ you're not invited little guy :(

Only the big kids can come out and play Friday.

Because I'd want to have a party with people I talked to on the interwebs.

Yamaneko
08-21-2007, 05:05 AM
Eighteen in Canada, dude.

pix plz

Peegee
08-21-2007, 01:04 PM
I'm trying to get a hold of moosefoot in myspace, but the rest of the people I think is a no-show.

PM me with your cell phones, pagers, pokedex..numbers...whatever *points at Chemical*

:P see you Saturday / Friday!

Araciel
08-21-2007, 03:42 PM
Eighteen in Canada, dude.

pix plz

actually it varies from province to province. in ontario it's 19...but in the prairies and BC...yea 18~

crazybayman
08-21-2007, 03:56 PM
Have fun people.

Newfoundland is a bit far from T.O. so I shall remain here on da Rock.

If you guys wind up going to Wonderland, by Tuesday I want to see a scanned picture of all of you on the Minebuster posing like Ninjas. The photos are only $10-$20 and are available after you get off the ride, so everyone pitch in and get one. EEoF immortality is worth it.

High-cinqs all around!

Mindflare
08-21-2007, 09:14 PM
I'm so excited for this, I'm actually posting about it!

Chemical
08-21-2007, 11:54 PM
Poor Mindflare and Enano still don't realize how :skull::skull::skull::skull:acularily small my place is.

Joke's on them - they're sleeping together.

Lynx
08-22-2007, 01:22 AM
me and harraldo arent going to be able to make it. money ran tight and a long trip to canada is something we cant afford. but hey maybe next time.

Peegee
08-22-2007, 01:51 PM
Poor Mindflare and Enano still don't realize how :skull::skull::skull::skull:acularily small my place is.

Room for PG? I don't mind sleeping in some corner or the bathtub :D

Araciel
08-22-2007, 06:04 PM
hahahah there's barely room for one person in that place let alone five.

Peegee
08-22-2007, 06:21 PM

I guess I can ask my brother to pick me up.

'HAY GUY WANNA NOT COME CLUBBING WITH US AND THEN PICK MY DRUNKEN AND DYSLEXIC ARSE UP AT 2AM????2/2/"

We'll work something out.

Chemical
08-22-2007, 11:18 PM

I guess I can ask my brother to pick me up.

'HAY GUY WANNA NOT COME CLUBBING WITH US AND THEN PICK MY DRUNKEN AND DYSLEXIC ARSE UP AT 2AM????2/2/"

We'll work something out.

You're more than welcome to stay over PG
Bring a pillow and a blanky though! I won't have enough.

Goodnews for you though
There's a parking garage right by my place... actually there's about 4 :P

Araciel
08-22-2007, 11:56 PM
they're everywhere downtown, they're just tres tres cher

Jowy
08-23-2007, 12:25 AM
Shalyn and I are moving on Friday, so we won't be able to make it :aimcry:

Awrini
08-23-2007, 05:05 AM

Screw that, I'm sleeping in my car.

Also, Jowy. :aimcry:

Araciel
08-23-2007, 05:26 AM

well then

eff you in the eh.

Peegee
08-23-2007, 01:13 PM

You should move on Thursday to compensate ... FOR MEETING PG!

But seriously, T_T

Chemical
08-23-2007, 01:48 PM
Hey enano you could probable save 80$ by driving to Hamilton, parking your car for free at the GO station and then taking the GO train
(The lakeshore east) to Toronto - Union. (tickets probably like 7$/person.

Awrini
08-23-2007, 05:19 PM
Eh, I did my research on that. And really the last thing I need is a parking ticket from GO Transit. =P

Also, why bother, I saw a parking garage like, right behind your apartment or such. Everything will work itself out. kekeke

Peegee
08-23-2007, 09:09 PM
If what James said about Chemical's living location is accurate, there is a parking lot / garage right there.

No worries.

White Raven
08-24-2007, 03:00 AM
I'm sorry my EoFF buddies, I can't make the journey down the 401 to TO for the weekend, but I would look forward to another meeting of the minds in the future when I finally have my schooling behind me.

:)

Araciel
08-26-2007, 01:55 AM
so we're halfway through...just got back from the convention...we're all half asleep/half dead/all rockin'. you all missed out and maybe next time it will go better....pictures to follow.

Agrias
08-26-2007, 10:37 AM
I'ma b an actress, so i can probably make it next year after all the shoots and training and such. I DOOOO however want to come down in december for my bday. Bro wanna chill in...cal...gary...??is that where you are now?

Araciel
08-26-2007, 06:42 PM
are you insane? why would i want to be in calgary?

Agrias
08-26-2007, 09:09 PM
well wherever you live! Anyways ima keep this short, gotta go to an audition.
bro, call me in december. done and done

Peegee
08-27-2007, 03:42 PM
Agrias is a weirdo :D

Yeah this weekend was one of the best meetups, although, I *did* go to a wedding the last time I met you weirdos though.

Yes weirdos. Sometime during the weekend I affectionately referred to (well all) the EoFFers as 'quirky weirdos'. I mean, I have geeky friends but you guys take the cake for wacky. Was fun times.

There are some pictures we took I'm just itching to see. Yay

Mindflare
08-28-2007, 05:08 AM
Amazing. I don't know what else to say. Probably the best weekend of my life. I'll post more when I'm not dead tired from an 8 hour car trip. ^^;

Just letting everyone know Enano and I made it home. Woo!

Peegee
08-28-2007, 06:26 AM
Good to know :D

I'm waiting for Chemical's pictures. I mean, I have some myself, but my camera went awol, so eta I dunno.

Araciel
08-28-2007, 05:24 PM
here is the photobucket link for the pictures we have...enjoy!

Hobo-sapien - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting (http://s241.photobucket.com/albums/ff168/Hobo-sapien/)

Chemical
08-28-2007, 05:41 PM
I made a slideshow of my fav pics... just click on the link below :)

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff168/Hobo-sapien/th_sourball_37.jpg (http://s241.photobucket.com/albums/ff168/Hobo-sapien/?action=view&current=1e7d6284.pbw)

Peegee
08-28-2007, 07:17 PM
lol you picked my fav pic as the first image of the slideshow. Silly xD

Jojee
08-28-2007, 09:04 PM
The pictures look so fun xD You guys need to come down to the states next time.

Peegee
08-28-2007, 09:31 PM

lol...that won't be for some time

Araciel
08-28-2007, 09:33 PM
like at least a few months.

bipper
08-28-2007, 10:34 PM

Winter meet up 07?

Peegee
08-29-2007, 01:39 AM

Winter meet up 07?

If you can make it. I however probably won't be able to take time off for anything extended, so I hope it will be weekend.

Weeee overtime~!

Agrias
08-29-2007, 02:41 AM
Wow that looked like fun! Holy crap i wanna make the next one :(

Peegee
08-29-2007, 03:17 AM
<a href="http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/6938/chemicalagriashk5.jpg">http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/6938/chemicalagriashk5.jpg</a> <a href="http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/7486/enanopx2.jpg">http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/7486/enanopx2.jpg</a> <a href="http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/7505/mindflarexw9.jpg">http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/7505/mindflarexw9.jpg</a>

I had the only working camera that night these pics were shot. We went to a pool hall and had the most idiotic, hilarious games ever. No vids, no pics. Too bad, so sad.

Somebody remind me that I have a camera next time.

Araciel
08-29-2007, 08:11 AM
in real life, i'm not a gino...though i look like one in half of my pictures :S

Chemical
08-29-2007, 08:30 AM
yeah and in real life I'm not really a pear.

>=( omg I'm fat

Peegee
08-29-2007, 01:18 PM
yeah and in real life I'm not really a pear.

>=( omg I'm fat

hay thar

edit: tell the nice EoFFers about the creepy guy who stole your soul at the con

Christmas
07-28-2022, 03:45 AM
Thanks for the meetup guys. I had so much fun eating and devouring all the food while not paying a single cent because I took off and stole all your money before anyone can react. Good times, good times. :bigsmile:

We should do it more. But I will only take your money unlike some that will take your virginity. :(

Quindiana Jones
07-28-2022, 02:48 PM
...I'm in Canada now. Let's do this againnnn

Quindiana Jones
07-28-2022, 02:49 PM
give me your monkeypoxessssss and your covidsssss

Christmas
07-28-2022, 03:37 PM
I only have geostigma like a true FF fan. :bigsmile:

Dr. Acula
07-29-2022, 08:09 AM
I'm not in Canada but can I come anyway? I'mma hit Quin up for some bathtub hooch.

Quindiana Jones
07-29-2022, 02:20 PM
Next EoFF Meetup is just a party at my house.