PDA

View Full Version : The Underwater Face

Giga Guess
04-09-2007, 10:49 PM
This has been bugging me for some time. The Underwater Face, when you defeat Enuo, I believe, is focused on, and zoomed in on. Why? Did I miss something about that? Or is tha just where this battle is supposed to have happened?

Jowy
04-10-2007, 04:26 AM
Take your submarine inside of it and talk to your Psychic Friend! 8-)

Giga Guess
04-10-2007, 01:53 PM
Yes, well my psychic friend is telling me the face is a pointless easter egg, but I am wondering why they chose to zoom in on a useless object.

Flying Mullet
04-10-2007, 01:57 PM
To make silly boys ask questions on message boards. :p

Bunny
04-10-2007, 03:10 PM
Dastardly!

Jowy
04-10-2007, 03:13 PM
Yes, well my psychic friend is telling me the face is a pointless easter egg, but I am wondering why they chose to zoom in on a useless object.

I was being totally serious. =P In the SNES and PS1 versions, anyway, you could go into the face and talk to the psychic friend to see how many battles you've fought and other stats.

Giga Guess
04-10-2007, 04:08 PM
Huh. It doesn't seem to work on the GBA version...or maybe I'm not doing it right.

Roogle
04-27-2007, 12:08 AM
Did they take that little feature out of Final Fantasy V Advance?

Psychotic
04-29-2007, 12:56 AM
When I played FFV (anthology version), the Psychic Friend wasn't in the face. He's underwater, but was in a cave somewhere in the north west. If you call up the map while you're in the submarine you'll find it easily.

04-29-2007, 10:52 AM
ok, I just found it and it's bugging me too now. After you go through the bonus crap the face drops into the ocean and is zoomed in on real close. This isn't by accident, and the fact that it happens after the bonus stuff leads me to assume that it didn't show up the same way in other versions. They didn't drop a face into the ocean for no reason, there's gotta be something up here. I don't know what, though. When I move over it and talk, my ship turns to the left. Unless it's facing that way already, then it does nothing. There's nothing important to the left, and nothing else I've tried makes the face reveal its purpose. Well, I'm stumped.