PDA

View Full Version : Eternal Sunshine

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
04-10-2007, 12:09 PM
So last night i watched "eternal sunshine of the spotless mind" and while i was watching it i kept relating it to how cloud tries to reclaim his memories in the lifestream, with fragments of different memories forming to make new memories altogether.

has anyone else thought of this before? or have u watched any films which u related to any ff in some way?

Garnie
04-10-2007, 01:26 PM
i am still confussed from that film lol.
but yeah i agree. it is like Cloud.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
04-10-2007, 02:59 PM
my mum said she was left confused but i totally understood it!? :S

BG-57
04-11-2007, 12:42 PM
Final Fantasy Tactics refers directly to two great movies: Apocalypse Now and Ladyhawke.

The levels of the bonus Deep Dungeon all refer in one way or another to the first movie, set in Vietnam. For example:

NOGIAS (Saigon, backwards)
Valkyrie (Ride of the Valkyries plays during the helicopter attack)
MLAPAN (Napalm, backwards)
Delta (the river delta)
Horror (Colonel Kurtz repeats this word several times)

The other movie features two characters, a knight and his lady, who get transformed into animals by a vengeful priest. That situation was taken intact into the story of Beowulf and Reis.

As for Eternal Sunshine, I loved that film. And I was reminded of Joel's dilemma when I watched the remake of the Russian film Solaris. In both, the hero tries to save not the woman he loves, but the projection of the woman he loves within his own mind. Somehow it's more moving that way, because the most we ever know about someone is the sum of our perceptions of them. And if we lose that, the person is dead to us.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
04-11-2007, 07:43 PM
impressive, evidently uve put more thought into this than i have :D

Comet
04-11-2007, 08:05 PM
was that on channel 4?