PDA

View Full Version : Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords

Dreddz
04-10-2007, 03:30 PM
Despite the off putting name, Im really intrested in playing this game. This game has gotten very positive reviews, and seeing as I have no handheld title to play around with at the moment, I thought this could be the ticket for me to head back to my PSP. Maybe its just me, but I must always have a title Im playing on a console, and a title Im playing on a handheld. With Virtua Fighter 5 on my PS3 keeping me occupied on my console, I need a handheld title to keep me occupied when Im snuggled up in bed in the early hours of the morning.

So anyone else played this game, or anyone planning to get this game ? If so, discuss!

JKTrix
04-10-2007, 05:08 PM
It's Great.

I was pondering for a while whether I should get the DS or PSP version, but I picked up the DS version. Personal biases aside, it would be much easier for me to get it for the DS so I don't have to pull the PSP when I want to play it (which would be a lot).

PSP version looks better, with different graphical effects and somesuch as well as a larger play area. DS version doesn't have many/any special effects and the play area is cramped by comparison. The touchscreen however is very effective and is perfect for these kinds of puzzle games.

I came across a demo you could download for your PC, but I can't access it at the moment.

For those who don't know, Puzzle Quest is a Puzzle-based RPG. Puzzle as in Bejeweled (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bejeweled). It has a (lame) RPG story, and all of the battles are fought with competitive Bejeweled. You gain XP, can learn spells and capture mounts and all sorts of stuff, all around Bejeweled. It's kind of odd when you think about it, but it's massively addicting. I actually stopped playing it a couple days after I got it, because it was taking up all my game time.

Roto13
04-10-2007, 05:15 PM
Where is this demo? I want to give it a try.

Dreddz
04-10-2007, 05:22 PM
I cheked out the DS version as well. The two screens make everything seem so cramped on either screen. Im getting the PSP version, definately.

I should have it by tonight as its only a 85mb download.

Deborah
04-10-2007, 08:02 PM
I played it on a friends DS for a few hours and I like it although..
the computer gets so lucky sometimes that it makes me angry/sad..
Although it is very fun! I love using a puzzle game to kill a skeleton!:D