PDA

View Full Version : How do I teach Doublecast to a Summon?

MikeL Valentine
04-10-2007, 05:50 PM
I want to teach Doublecast to Shiva but I don't know how.

Can you tell me please?

Tavrobel
04-10-2007, 06:35 PM
You need five Three Stars, most commonly stolen from Shinryu or won from Catoblepas, and the Aeon's Soul item, which allows the teaching of abilities.

MikeL Valentine
04-10-2007, 06:49 PM
You need five Three Stars, most commonly stolen from Shinryu or won from Catoblepas, and the Aeon's Soul item, which allows the teaching of abilities.

What is the Aeon's Soul item?
And can you tell me where can I find those beasts you said?

Tavrobel
04-10-2007, 06:54 PM
Monster Arena for Catoblepas (Area) and Shinryu (Original).

The Aeon's Soul is found by defeating Begemine your first visit to the Calm Lands, by the Agency. Regardless of the outcome of the battle, you will receive the Aeon's Soul.

Suffice it to say, you won't be getting Doublecast on Shiva any time soon.

MikeL Valentine
04-10-2007, 07:03 PM

The Aeon's Soul is found by defeating Begemine your first visit to the Calm Lands, by the Agency. Regardless of the outcome of the battle, you will receive the Aeon's Soul.

Well acually I'm stuck at the Sin encounter, oh how I hate Giga-Gravition :mad2: :mad2:
And I can't think of anything else than that :(

The Arena can be found in the Calm Lands right?

Sain Cai
04-10-2007, 07:11 PM

You should be able to get 5 Three Stars by playin Blitz also....just resetting until it is offered as a prize.

MikeL Valentine
04-10-2007, 07:13 PM

You should be able to get 5 Three Stars by playin Blitz also....just resetting until it is offered as a prize.

I never played Bitzball is it any important?

Mirage
04-10-2007, 07:15 PM
It's not important for the storyline, but like all sidequests/minigames, it offers neat items.

Gokalia
04-10-2007, 07:53 PM
ya blitzball is important to get wakkas ultimant weapon.

Tavrobel
04-10-2007, 08:29 PM
Well acually I'm stuck at the Sin encounter, oh how I hate Giga-Gravition :mad2: :mad2:
And I can't think of anything else than that :(

The Arena can be found in the Calm Lands right?

Yes. Don't use Aeons during the fight with Overdrive Sin. It causes the Overdrive bar to fill up many times faster. Use Auron, Wakka, and Tidus, or Kimahri for most of the fight. If Lulu has Doublecast/Flare, use that. Don't use Holy, since the cooldown time is too long. Quick Hit is a wonderfully useful option for either Tidus or Kimahri. Hastega everyone, and attack.

Alternatively, you can have Rikku mix up a few Trio of 9999 or Quartets of 9, and attack like that.

I had begun with the assumption he didn't play Blitz.

Gokalia
04-10-2007, 08:36 PM
really just use anima on sin its so powerful and kills it so fast or atleest for me

MikeL Valentine
04-10-2007, 09:21 PM
really just use anima on sin its so powerful and kills it so fast or atleest for me

I don't have Anima and what is that trio an item or an ability?

Tavrobel
04-10-2007, 09:37 PM
The overdrives fills up based on damage dealt and turns taken, since Overdrive Sin is considered an Aeon. The only summon that can kill Overdrive Sin without filling it is the Magus sisters, and even then, that's quite the investment.

Quartet of 9 is an overdrive of Rikku's Mix. It allows one character do deal 9999 damage with every attack. Trio of 9999 is the same thing, but for all three characters. I don't know the Mix recipe, but it's something worth noting.

leader of mortals
04-10-2007, 10:29 PM
I thought it was underdogs secret but I may be wrong

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
04-11-2007, 11:17 AM
anima's oblivion and wakka's attack reels shud end the battle with little complication

MikeL Valentine
04-11-2007, 11:39 AM
Where can I find Anima and those Magus sisters?

Tavrobel
04-11-2007, 02:53 PM
The internet. More specifically, the temple of Google. Although, they may randomly appear in the midst of MSN.

Darxzero
05-08-2007, 05:08 PM
Trio of 9999 is any of these combinations: Gamblers Spirit x2, Wings to Discovery x2, Door to Tommorrow x2 etc