PDA

View Full Version : Method Of Playing

Alex151
04-10-2007, 05:51 PM
Well I've beaten all of the Final Fantasy's by myself, and so has my friend but when we got 7 we decided to play together and honestly I think it works out so much better that way, you don't get tired of leveling at all. Me and him only level when we're not around each other, and we progress through the story when we are together. We're also 15 levels above what we should be without being tired of the game.

So I was just wondering if anyone else had any other methods of playing, or do you just use the regular method and play it by yourself

Bart's Friend Milhouse
04-10-2007, 10:10 PM
I play by myself. Anyone who is sitting in the room at the same time is free to watch

Meat Puppet
04-10-2007, 10:47 PM
I get a friend, two playstations, two TVs, and two copies of FFVIII. Then, we play the game simultaneously. Instead of trying to race each other, however, our goal is to have the FMVs play at exactly the same time.

Twilight Edge
04-11-2007, 02:14 PM
I tend to get irritated when someone that doesn't understand the game I'm playing watches beside me. Therefore, I usually play alone. Not many people I know come over to watch me play FF anyway.

Hazzard
04-11-2007, 02:22 PM
I tend to get irritated when someone that doesn't understand the game I'm playing watches beside me. Therefore, I usually play alone. Not many people I know come over to watch me play FF anyway.

Because most of them are usually solo, except XI. I suppose people would get bored of watching, if they don't really respect the series like we do. Personally, I know that my friends would prefer to play Super Mario or Football games, but I would just like to level up in my FF and progress though the game.

Alex151
04-11-2007, 08:04 PM
Yeah, well my view point is that I've seen everything many times over and over again, and fighting constantly when you dont want to gets annoying, that's why me and my friend just switch on and off playing together. Like we only progress through the story when we're together, and I'll level up a lot, or he will if we're not together.

Hazzard
04-11-2007, 08:13 PM
Hey Alex, delete one of your posts. You accidentally posted it twice.

Alex151
04-11-2007, 08:21 PM
geeh i hate when that happens, the computer lags so you press the button a ton of times

Bolivar
04-19-2007, 09:43 PM
well in IX my one friend and i would take advantage of the 2-player battle option in the main menu. that was when we were hanging out, we both had the game and were trying to beat it before everyone else,
including eachother.

i'd like to do that with V on PS.

i can relate to alot said here, i get uncomfortable when people watch me play, because all they talk about is how they don't get it or couldn't last through it. i'm like "...thanks"

sockmonkey
04-20-2007, 07:41 AM
I love playing with a second person so we can chat during the tedious bits and help each other remember the route through complicated areas.
We must also have munchies and pop for that sugar buzz needed for boss battles.
We also do the "only progress with the story when both of us are there" thing too.
The game is a great experience and those are always best when shared.

Dr. Acula
04-20-2007, 10:53 AM
I usually play by myself, but I keep my brother handy for hints and tips (except with FF12 cause I'm ahead of him in that game).