PDA

View Full Version : GAH! I've tons of worthless files on my computer!

CimminyCricket
04-10-2007, 11:35 PM
I've deleted at least 30 files today. I was wondering if I deleted the temporary interent files folder, or everything in it, if anything horrible would happen to my computer.
Also, what kinds of files should I NOT delete?

Shoeberto
04-10-2007, 11:38 PM
Clearing your temporary internet files won't do much other than make you load media on websites instead of just accessing it from a cache. So, no, nothing bad will happen.

Stay away from your Windows folder. Other than that, if there's a file and you don't know what it is or what program it belongs to, leave it.

CimminyCricket
04-10-2007, 11:40 PM
about the windows folder...I haven't deleted it, but i deleted a bunch of files that where just there, not in a folder. I tried opening them and nothing happened, so I trashed them. Luckily I made sure my 'cycle bin was well and clear before hand, so if I need to restore them I can :c)

EDIT: Nevermind, lmto, I absolutely deleted something I needed. I had to redo my computer, reinstall some of the most complicated software on this planet, and no matter how hard I tried not to, I cut myself multiple times on things inside my computer.
A word to the unwise, DON'T DELETE ANYTHING IF YOU DUNNO WTF IT IS.