PDA

View Full Version : Night Driving

Evastio
04-10-2007, 11:36 PM
When you're driving in the middle of the night and there's barely any cars on the road do you tend to ignore traffic lights and disobey driving rules?

I personally don't even though it's not likely that I'll get caught.

Araciel
04-10-2007, 11:47 PM
you 'don't think it's not likely'?

so you mean you think it's likely?

i always obey the rules...i'm such a loser.

oddler
04-10-2007, 11:54 PM
you 'don't think it's not likely'?

so you mean you think it's likely?

i always obey the rules...i'm such a loser.

Exactly.

Tifa Valentine
04-11-2007, 12:04 AM
Most of the time I do. But every once in a while the traffic lights will piss me off and stay red for like three minutes when no one's around. So, those are the only red lights I run.

Nominus Experse
04-11-2007, 12:17 AM
I disobey them regardless of time or condition anyways. Why take an hour or so to travel 60 miles when you can do it in 45 minutes or less instead?

Araciel
04-11-2007, 12:30 AM
I disobey them regardless of time or condition anyways. Why take an hour or so to travel 60 miles when you can do it in 45 minutes or less instead?

i see...

*Araciel stops driving...forever*

Avahne
04-11-2007, 01:05 AM
I wouldn't ever skip red lights, but I have to own up to driving a little bit faster than I should at night sometimes. I guess with the roads so empty, and no pedestrians about, it feels strange driving so slow. *admonishes self*

Alex151
04-11-2007, 01:36 AM
I tend to speed a lot more in the night, well I speed a lot of the time day or night, but I'll take it to a higher speed at night. I do obey most of the other rules though, I dont run lights or anything.

Christmas
04-11-2007, 01:38 AM
I RUN INNOCENT PEOPLE AND ANIMALS OVER AT NIGHT WITH MY 1337 DRIVING SKILLZ, THAT'S MY NIGHT DRIVING RULE AND I ALWAY FOLLOW THEM. :bigsmile:

Reles
04-11-2007, 01:48 AM
I can't speed at night, maybe 5 over, but still, I'm too paranoid. We have a lot of road kill, just Sunday night I ran over a dead deer corpse. My friend and I have hit a deer head on once driving home on the highway. But that's just highway driving and the cops are usually out all night watching speed.

If I'm driving in the nighttime on normal roads, I pretty much go the same speed and obey the traffic rules. I don't really do anything different from when I'm driving during the day. Yet again the cops are usually hidden somewhere off to the side catching drunkards or speeders. I've seen so many people get pulled over a night. If I'm in a hurry to get home because of curfew or something I'll probably drive a bit faster and reckless just to make it on time. :D?

rubah
04-11-2007, 02:04 AM
I obey more laws at night because that's a good way to get killed because you're lulled into safety!

Besides, I'm scared to drive at night, so I stick to the book.

Shlup
04-11-2007, 02:55 AM
I pretty much always ignore driving rules and do what's safe. Time of day doesn't matter.

Meat Puppet
04-11-2007, 10:19 AM
My god, there was one time I came so close to being completely doomed. I was driving at midnight (or sometime around then), without a license, with passengers, in a car the wasn’t road worthy or registered, and... probably some worse stuff. So that was all breaking the law, right there. Where I got lucky (at least, I thought I was lucky), though, was when I was driving a side road, when I noticed that up ahead, a guy had just been pulled over by a cop. Jesus Christ. I think it was one of those break down nights, when the cops just got loaded up on whatever and pulled over as many people as they could. I was able to get to safety in time, and I didn’t drive again for a good 3 months.

To answer the question, generally I do stick to the law when I’m driving at night. The roads here seem to be just as dangerous at night as they are at day anyway, so obeying the rules is a good way to survive.

Pike
04-11-2007, 03:13 PM
Besides, I'm scared to drive at night, so I stick to the book.

Mmmyep XD

Peter_20
04-11-2007, 03:38 PM
I'm usually hellbent on obeying the general laws; however, the worst illegal thing I ever did was to drive at like 130 miles an hour on a 60-road. :D

Xander
04-11-2007, 07:30 PM
ignoring traffic lights at night is dumb, in my opinion XD I dunno, if theres not much around I probably ignore the speed limit a bit, though I try not to overdo it, I think rules are there for a reason! though Im worse cos I text in my car all the time now cos I get bored just going along... xD

Cloudane
04-11-2007, 08:24 PM
I tend to stick to the law. There are so many cop cars around here I think they even outnumber the CCTV cameras. Knowing my luck there would be one lurking in the bushes or in my blind spot the moment I did something like that!

Indeed that happened to a mate of mine a couple of weeks ago, he's a very legal driver normally but just this once without thinking, he cut a corner on one of the quiet country roads where there was a solid line (and admittedly, a very clear view of the road ahead). Cue blue lights out of nowhere!

That's Britain for you I suppose, wherever you are you're being watched by either a CCTV camera, a speed camera or the traffic police (if not a combination thereof).

Nearest I've done is skip those temporary lights they put up for a hole in the road, when you can see for miles each way, it's a tiny little hole you can dash past and they're sat on red forever. Done this in broad daylight too, but I did feel very wary doing it!

Rase
04-11-2007, 08:29 PM
Since one of the accidents I've been in has been at night and was due to the other guy not following basic driving rules (Stop signs still apply at 12:00 AM) I tend to drive much more carefully at night and pay more attention to the rules of the road.

Mirage
04-11-2007, 08:30 PM
Depends on where I am. If I'm far from a bigger town, the chance of encountering the police is incredibly low, and if there are absolutely no other cars to be seen, I wouldn't care much if i went 20-30 km/h over the speed limit. But I would probably follow most of the other rules.

Rocket Edge
04-11-2007, 11:00 PM
Less cars are out at night over here, so i tend to keep the music up. Sometimes that leads me to drive faster. :-\

Shiva_
04-14-2007, 06:31 PM
I still do except I get to going too fast a bit at times on certain roads/highways.