PDA

View Full Version : wich one has a stronger love STORY

isidro
04-11-2007, 07:35 PM
ff8 or ffx..

discuss

Lynx
04-11-2007, 07:45 PM
id say FFX because pretty early on tidus was into yuna while in FFVIII squall didnt even take much notice to rinoa until closer to the end.

RoxasLeonhart
04-11-2007, 08:03 PM
I would say ffx

MJN SEIFER
04-11-2007, 08:45 PM
FFVIII All the way.

Darth Anarcus
04-12-2007, 01:50 AM
As much as I love FF8, I'd have to go with FFX on this.

rubah
04-12-2007, 02:21 AM
FFX was about yuna's pilgrimage and Tidus coming to grips with his reality.

FFVIII was about love and witches!

Also, this topic is fine in this forum.

Kanshisha
04-12-2007, 02:43 AM
FF8 for me! also... didn't they have another thread like this not long ago? anyway FF8...

Discord
04-12-2007, 05:34 AM
Loved the both... IMO the ending of FFX is twice as dramatic though...

PS: Any chance that someone deleted my previous post?*scratch*

psyniac_123
04-12-2007, 10:38 AM
CAUTION: This post may offend FFX fanboys & girls and Cloud/Anything With a Pulse fanboys & girls.

Final Fantasy VIII. Just look at the logo!
Indeed. FFVIII is, IMHO, possibly the FF with the "strongest love story" (that or FFVII, Cloud+Aerith is devastating. But i'll stop now to prevent Cloud/Aerith, Cloud/Tifa, Cloud/Reno, Cloud/Vincent, Cloud/Sephiroth, Cloud/Yuffie, Cloud/Red XII, Cloud/Another Character That Creates an Incoherently Stupid Combination etc bashers from arguing).
Whereas in FFX it started early and Tidus being the sad, little 12 year old he is saw Yuna and went hard in bad places, FFVIII had a progressive kind of thing, which has bigger impact. "Will they? Won't they? Is Squall jealous of Seifer? COME ON MAN, JUST SAY IT!!" is definately better than "Yeah, they'll end up together/should end up together except something will go wrong because it's a hideously obvious plot and OH MY GOD look, here comes the first ever FF SEQUEL that is a complete waste of time and money!.

Oh, and don't get wrong, I do like FFX, but come on. Lack of plot, romantically or otherwise, much.

TyphoonThaReapa
04-12-2007, 02:47 PM
CAUTION: This post may offend FFX fanboys & girls and Cloud/Anything With a Pulse fanboys & girls.

Indeed. FFVIII is, IMHO, possibly the FF with the "strongest love story" (that or FFVII, Cloud+Aerith is devastating. But i'll stop now to prevent Cloud/Aerith, Cloud/Tifa, Cloud/Reno, Cloud/Vincent, Cloud/Sephiroth, Cloud/Yuffie, Cloud/Red XII, Cloud/Another Character That Creates an Incoherently Stupid Combination etc bashers from arguing).
Whereas in FFX it started early and Tidus being the sad, little 12 year old he is saw Yuna and went hard in bad places, FFVIII had a progressive kind of thing, which has bigger impact. "Will they? Won't they? Is Squall jealous of Seifer? COME ON MAN, JUST SAY IT!!" is definately better than "Yeah, they'll end up together/should end up together except something will go wrong because it's a hideously obvious plot and OH MY GOD look, here comes the first ever FF SEQUEL that is a complete waste of time and money!.

Oh, and don't get wrong, I do like FFX, but come on. Lack of plot, romantically or otherwise, much.

A'yo, before reading this, I though it would be FFX. But, once again, FFVIII is the best. Three cheers for Squall and Rinoa dammit!!!:cool:

Lillian
04-12-2007, 06:00 PM

But Cloud and Red XIII were made for each other!

Aerisfanatic
04-13-2007, 12:02 AM
shouldnt this be under general final fantasy?

Trance_Kuja
04-13-2007, 04:18 PM
Niether, IX takes that biscuit. Out of the two VIII was more interesting to watch as it was gradual and you didn't know if they would or wouldn't (due to her infactuation with Seifer). X however had a very linear plot and you knew straight away they were going to be together (at least for a short while anyway), however it is very beautiful to watch.

Christmas
04-13-2007, 05:31 PM
The kissing scene in FF X is so much longer than the miserable one in FF VIII. So FF X FTW. :bigsmile:

f f freak
04-13-2007, 06:37 PM
FFVIII is poopoo so FFX wins. Rinoa is ugly.

Lillian
04-13-2007, 07:53 PM
Who could argue with logic like that?

Discord
04-13-2007, 09:40 PM

A child always speaks the truth.:p

f f freak
04-13-2007, 09:50 PM

A child always speaks the truth.:p

Actually I've found that the majority of children lie. Actually the majority of human beings lie. Anyway this is completly of topic. Still you all know my views.

MJN SEIFER
04-14-2007, 07:12 PM

That completly opinion based. I like FFVIII and I think she looks fine. So each to an own...

Vincent Valentine 007
04-15-2007, 11:22 AM
I don’t think we should judge it on the best looking ha ha that would be a opinion. I like 8s love story the best its more complicated.

Eiko Guy
04-15-2007, 09:55 PM
Squall and Rinoa was beautiful. how she changed him from a rock to a garden full of love and compassion. metaphorically of course. In FFX I believe it's stronger. Tidus couldn't and shouldn't fall in love with yuna. But he did. It seemed like they could live happy until they find out she has to die. Then Tidus swicthes it and dies. he protects her and does more than squall in a major way. FFX wins

Dr. Acula
04-16-2007, 09:59 AM
Niether, IX takes that biscuit. Out of the two VIII was more interesting to watch as it was gradual and you didn't know if they would or wouldn't (due to her infactuation with Seifer). X however had a very linear plot and you knew straight away they were going to be together (at least for a short while anyway), however it is very beautiful to watch.

Actually, you DID know that Squall and Rinoa would be together, if you looked at the box.:D

Comet
04-16-2007, 02:57 PM
Overall FF I has the best romance, don't ya think? Fighter FTW

psyniac_123
04-16-2007, 04:00 PM
Overall FF I has the best romance, don't ya think? Fighter FTW
Aye, my Fighter and my White Mage hit it every. Single. Night. It made for interesting play, especially since all my money went on the Inn and Tents XD

Rocket Edge
04-16-2007, 08:01 PM
VIII, its main story was one of love.

boys from the dwarf
04-17-2007, 07:42 AM
FFXs was so much more plain, predictable and simple from the second tidus see's yuna.

even if FFXs love story is stronger, FF8s is definetly more romantic and to me its more interesting.

Yliette
04-21-2007, 10:46 AM
FFX. Tidus and Yuna's love story were entwined with the main plot.

Slade
04-23-2007, 09:08 AM
FFX concentrates more on the theme of love than VIII. For instance, if you don't have Rinoa in your party at all, barely anything about Squall and Rinoa is really hinted at until the 3rd disk, where Rinoa is comatose. Even with Rinoa in the party there isn't an aweful lot. As someone stated before, Tidus and Yuna's love story was part of the games story as a whole.

MJN SEIFER
04-23-2007, 06:57 PM
Barely anything is hinted?!

Try the scene after the Ignion battle for starters...

Discord
04-24-2007, 12:44 AM
FFX. Tidus and Yuna's love story were entwined with the main plot.

That's an argument.

Slade
04-24-2007, 08:20 AM

Yeah, but it was very one-sided. Squall didn't really start having any feelings till disk 3, when Rinoa was comatose and he realized that he actually did have feelings for her. But if you're talking about Rinoa's feelings, then yeah, it was there from the beginning.

MJN SEIFER
04-24-2007, 04:43 PM

Yeah, but it was very one-sided. Squall didn't really start having any feelings till disk 3, when Rinoa was comatose and he realized that he actually did have feelings for her. But if you're talking about Rinoa's feelings, then yeah, it was there from the beginning.

I don't think it looked one sided. It was that very scene that convinced me that Squall obvioulsly felt the same way for her.

Oh and comontry to popular beleif "comatose" does not mean "in a coma" which you probably think it does...

Ryushikaze
04-24-2007, 09:44 PM
Strongest? As in best pulled off?

I still like the way it was handled in Seven. Though it was a cliche (Hero/ Childhood friend), it was handled in a very non-cliche way.

MJN SEIFER
04-26-2007, 02:26 PM
I still like the way it was handled in Seven. Though it was a cliche (Hero/ Childhood friend), it was handled in a very non-cliche way.

Although Cloud/Tifa wasn't my favourite match up of FF* I think it was probably the most relastic as they knew each other before hand (Although apperntally they didn't always interact that well) rather than all the others who have known each other for a few days/weeks (How ever long it's meant to take), It's like films.

* My favourite is Squall/Rinoa incase you haven't worked it out yet...

*~Angel Wing~*
04-26-2007, 07:52 PM
VIII, its main story was one of love.
Final Fantasy VIII :heart:

ragnosica
04-26-2007, 07:55 PM
Since FF7 doesn't work in my case, even tohugh it was the PC version, and since I don't have a PS2 and I can't play FFX or FFX-2, my favourite love story for now remains Squall-Rinoa. And the tip of the iceberg in this relationship is when they're alone in that spaceship...simply magnificent:love:

blackcat
04-26-2007, 10:52 PM
My vote goes for Tidus and Yuna in FFX.

Discord
04-26-2007, 11:49 PM
Since FF7 doesn't work in my case, even tohugh it was the PC version, and since I don't have a PS2 and I can't play FFX or FFX-2, my favourite love story for now remains Squall-Rinoa. And the tip of the iceberg in this relationship is when they're alone in that spaceship...simply magnificent:love:

I bet the ship would stay in the orbit quite a bit longer if the game was M rated.:D

Roogle
04-27-2007, 01:13 AM
I would have to say that Final Fantasy VIII has a stronger love story.

Final Fantasy X would have had my vote, yet it has an epilogue in the form of Final Fantasy X-2. This defeats the sentiments and emotions evoked in Final Fantasy X, in my opinion.

ragnosica
04-28-2007, 12:47 PM
GOD i want a PS2:cry:

raven doll
04-28-2007, 08:38 PM
I think the two games both had a good, strong love story. And it's cute how the main chatacters fall in love. But, I would chose FFX, just because of the way things turned out for Tidus and Yuna.

Zora
05-05-2007, 08:30 PM
I would say FFVIII. FFVIII being very gradual led to an overall better love story. With Final Fantasy X it was handled in a very cliche way (boy and girl fall together at first sight. Boy can't be with girl. Boy loves girl anyway In other words West Side Story or Romeo and Juliet).

With Final Fantasy VIII the theme was love to begin with, but most importantly how Squall completely changed character. Major development in the game. I also noticed how Rinoa begins to change too. When you first met her she was completely peppy (maybe that isn't the best word, but...) and excited just to someone. Later (like in the scene after the Oilbytes if you have Rinoa and Squall in the party) she takes a more laid-back attitude to request what she wants (a tour). But in the tour in the library she does go all peppy again. But the point is she become more aware of how to react around Squall. Tidus and Yuna from what I understand were just "perfect" for each other aside from the cliche boy can't be with girl.

Emery
05-05-2007, 08:42 PM
ff8 ftw. :)

Hambone
05-10-2007, 11:22 PM
FFVIII's is definately more involved but FFX really does a better job and doesn't make you want to shoot the lover girl.

ragnosica
05-11-2007, 12:42 PM
hell no, who would wanna shoot yuna:love: :love: :love: :love:

Garnie
05-11-2007, 01:58 PM
both have really great love storys but its quite obviouse with them both 2.
id say it was VIII though. The arguments, the comedy and the falling for each other works slowly and really well. Squall and Rinoa are the ultimete couple.
with x its two obvious from the start allthough there pairing up is really nice aswell.

Christmas
08-21-2022, 02:21 PM
FFVIII. Zell boinked hotdogs.