PDA

View Full Version : WoW and Vista

Goldenboko
04-11-2007, 11:06 PM
Does anyone know if WoW can be installed and played on Vista? I've been thinking of buying it but, I'm not gonna spend my money if it won't work on Vista.

Avarice-ness
04-11-2007, 11:13 PM
I have no idea, but if you do play hit Jebus or Jowy up and they'll hit me up and we can run around and annoy people.

My goal in WoW is to hang out in the Barrens chat.
..I need a life. :(

Jowy
04-11-2007, 11:40 PM
WoW should work on Vista.

ROLL HORDE ON DRAKA.

Araciel
04-11-2007, 11:41 PM
isn't vista compatible with everything windows? :S shouldn't it be?

i can't wait to get my new videocard so i can start running 'round like a hellion with the EOFF crew

Avarice-ness
04-11-2007, 11:49 PM

ROLL HORDE ON DRAKA.

I MADE ONE!

Look at my Lj foool~

Odaisé Gaelach
04-12-2007, 12:13 AM
I did a little Googling, and it seems that World of Warcraft does run on Vista. However, performance is sometimes slower in Vista than in XP.

Not that that should wreak your fun, or anything. :cool:

Bunny
04-12-2007, 12:40 AM

ROLL HORDE ON DRAKA.

I'll do that if you powerlevel me. <3 I'm an awesome mage.

Kanshisha
04-12-2007, 12:43 AM
It should work if it doesn't the game should have warranty right?

Rostum
04-12-2007, 12:44 AM
I don't see why not, people have even gotten FFXI to work and that game is terrible in terms of compatability. I'm actually suprised WoW even works on Mac.

And yeah, roll Horde. I have a Lv.20 Troll Hunter at the moment, with some friends that used to play FFXI with me. <3

And uh, about warranty. I don't think many stores are going to take it back unless it's sealed. Because once you register it with the serial key, you can't make any other accounts with it, so they don't take it back.

Avarice-ness
04-12-2007, 12:59 AM
I'm starting to feel that I -should- roll my lvl 40 to Draka so I could be the cool one. xD

KH-Cloudy
04-12-2007, 02:11 AM
Noo! Roll Ally in Anetheron because we own :D. And yes WoW works on Vista, in fact, im using Vista right now! :P

Jowy
04-12-2007, 03:22 AM

ROLL HORDE ON DRAKA.

I MADE ONE!

Look at my Lj foool~

I have you friended.

ROLL HORDE ON DRAKA.

I'll do that if you powerlevel me. <3 I'm an awesome mage.

I'm only at 20 so there's no chance of powerleveling. =P

escobert
04-12-2007, 03:30 AM
WoW is just no fun after 2 years of Guild Wars.

Avarice-ness
04-12-2007, 04:05 AM

I only like Guild wars 'cause if you don't want people annoying you while you quest you don't have too.

Like one day I was running around just running 'cause I do that sometimes, and this lvl 28 whispered me and was like "Will you help me kill Frostmaw? *GROUP INVITE*" "*ignore and continues running*" "Hello?" "*still ignoring*" "WTF is your problem, You can't spare like 2 minutes out of your precious life to come kill this thing for me" then angry ranting. I just don't believe in people thinking that you'll kill something 9 lvl's higher than you so you can get EXP and then have to wait for the follow up quest because you're so low lvl.

But what I do like is how when I am social I can just run around happily helping people for no reason. Or in me and my friends case, hiding in bushes and offering people silver if they find us. xD

I like the openness when it comes to fooling around, but not when it comes to idiots and quests. :razz:

escobert
04-12-2007, 04:13 AM
Yeah I do like randomly meeting cool people while wondering but that will be so in Guild Wars 2 since it will be a persistant world.

Alex151
04-12-2007, 04:44 AM
I havent been on my file in a while, I'm on the Elune server if anyone else is. I got a lvl 32 Pally named vito.

what servers are everyone else on.

Markus. D
04-12-2007, 10:31 AM

I only like Guild wars 'cause if you don't want people annoying you while you quest you don't have too.

Like one day I was running around just running 'cause I do that sometimes, and this lvl 28 whispered me and was like "Will you help me kill Frostmaw? *GROUP INVITE*" "*ignore and continues running*" "Hello?" "*still ignoring*" "WTF is your problem, You can't spare like 2 minutes out of your precious life to come kill this thing for me" then angry ranting. I just don't believe in people thinking that you'll kill something 9 lvl's higher than you so you can get EXP and then have to wait for the follow up quest because you're so low lvl.

But what I do like is how when I am social I can just run around happily helping people for no reason. Or in me and my friends case, hiding in bushes and offering people silver if they find us. xD

I like the openness when it comes to fooling around, but not when it comes to idiots and quests. :razz:

apart from barrens and a select few of the new-end-game-ish locations.

it will be guild wars peoples all over again D:

Bunny
04-12-2007, 12:23 PM

This happens to me from time to time, but mostly it is strictly duel related from same faction folks. I tend to ignore it and then bad mouth them with friends of mine for funny results. Yesterday I got called a punk!

Gotta take the good with the bad though.

Jowy, I might start one if I can be bothered. I'm not really much for Horde play, but lemme get your name just in case I decide to start one. I still have to keep up with my main, my lock alt and my new warrior alt, so I dunno how I'll exactly divide the time.

Jowy
04-12-2007, 02:17 PM
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#character-sheet.xml?r=Draka&n=Parcelyte

I had to put pants back on. D:

Bunny
04-12-2007, 02:25 PM
Neat. I'll start a Blood Elf Mage today and play a little bit. I should be able to hit 10 within an hour. Just so you know, I'm a crazy mage. I like blasting things and taking damage. I have no understanding of "mana conservation". :P Though I may go Ice or Arcane/Fire. My main is a fire mage so I don't care for another. We'll see :o

Jowy
04-12-2007, 02:29 PM
Sweet deal! I'll probably be online around 6-7 PM EST.

Misfit
04-12-2007, 02:41 PM
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#character-sheet.xml?r=Draka&n=Parcelyte

I had to put pants back on. D:
...Bahaha, loincloth!

A friend I know plays WoW on vista, they said it sucked on vista but yeah - it works.

Jowy
04-12-2007, 02:43 PM
I'm putting the loincloth back on tonight and gyrating my sexy blood-elf hips yet again. :aimkiss:

Misfit
04-12-2007, 02:45 PM
I'm putting the loincloth back on tonight and gyrating my sexy blood-elf hips yet again. :aimkiss:
That's why we DIE! :(

Bunny
04-12-2007, 02:45 PM

That works out. I usually get off work at 2-2:30, so it'll give me time to level up my mageling. Plus I have an hour at lunch to grind out some levels. Teeheee. But now I have to decide what kind of hair I want.

DAMN THESE DECISIONS.

Jowy
04-12-2007, 02:49 PM
That's why we DIE! :(

We die because I like to aggro things by mistake and Priphea sucks at being on defensive. I used TEH ALCHEMY!!11 to make some potions last night though so I kind of have a panic button now! 8-)

That works out. I usually get off work at 2-2:30, so it'll give me time to level up my mageling. Plus I have an hour at lunch to grind out some levels. Teeheee. But now I have to decide what kind of hair I want.

DAMN THESE DECISIONS.

Excellent. Just PST me when you get on and we'll get some hot hot group quest action going on.

escobert
04-12-2007, 04:32 PM
I made a BE on you guys server, but I'm too arsed to install WoW in this Pc and play :p

Araciel
04-12-2007, 07:44 PM
i can't wait to make a sexay blood elf pally.

Bunny
04-12-2007, 08:00 PM
i can't wait to make a sexay blood elf pally.

If you haven't made it yet, I'm in the process of leveling my mage up. I hit 7 after about 30 minutes or so, not too far ahead. We can go ahead and level together. :P

bipper
04-12-2007, 08:46 PM
I did a little Googling, and it seems that World of Warcraft does run on Vista. However, performance is sometimes slower in Vista than in XP.

Not that that should wreak your fun, or anything. :cool:

Naturally, since vista requires more resources than a premodonna material girl just to run studder like a special olympic champ. If you want speed and reliability, stick to XP. OR you can use linux and wine. I was able to do this with wow, but it was a pain in the ultimate ass.

Misfit
04-13-2007, 12:44 AM
I made a BE on you guys server, but I'm too arsed to install WoW in this Pc and play :p
Loooooooooser!

Also, lawl (http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/?#character-sheet.xml?r=Feathermoon&n=Niralyn). That rogue is awesome.

Kirobaito
04-13-2007, 05:52 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v194/kingbahamut/mount2.png

I have a freaking mount. This is a big moment for me.

My roommate and I play on Azgalor. I have characters on a bunch of other servers, though, none of which are very high.

escobert
04-13-2007, 03:24 PM
WoW just looks crappy compared to Guild Wars, I'm sorry but look at KBs pic to my sig. I'll take Guild Wars xD

Avarice-ness
04-13-2007, 04:14 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v194/kingbahamut/mount2.png

I have a freaking mount. This is a big moment for me.

My roommate and I play on Azgalor. I have characters on a bunch of other servers, though, none of which are very high.

I have a bright green raptor. xD I wanted one of the flamboyant chocobo's but I was to lazy to get myself loved in Elf world, seeing as I'm a troll. xD

Only 10 lvl's til my elf can have one though! Hooray!

KH-Cloudy
04-13-2007, 09:31 PM
Aww, everyone's horde!

Alex151
04-13-2007, 09:38 PM
I'm on Alliance, I'm the Elune server though

Misfit
04-13-2007, 11:41 PM
Aww, everyone's horde!
My two mains are alliance!

I only play horde on Draka 'cause Jowy made me do it. :(

Jebus
04-13-2007, 11:46 PM
I only play horde on Draka 'cause Jowy made me do it. it's the only correct choice. :(

Fix'd

Rostum
04-14-2007, 02:16 AM
o;2159810]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v194/kingbahamut/mount2.png

Hey look, it's a chocobo! Haha, congratulations.

I just got my Troll hunter to level 22, his name is Omecle on Steamwheedle Cartel US. I know, it's RP but I have a few friends from FFXI playing there and their guild isn't just RP'ing. So I'm having fun.

Freya
04-14-2007, 02:41 AM
For one, horde sucks, two, Guild wars is for the weak, and three, lvl 62 druid on Azjol-Nerub ftw!
I don't plan on getting vista anytime soon so I don't think i'll have to worry.

Misfit
04-14-2007, 02:53 AM
I know, it's RP but I have a few friends from FFXI playing there and their guild isn't just RP'ing. So I'm having fun.
Yeah, that's the only reason my main server is RP - my friends started there. xP But it's atleast nice to more people type normally there on Rp servers than on other servers... :x But I like to stab people more than converse with people so... >3

Goldenboko
04-14-2007, 04:35 PM
Alright me internet went down for a little bit but now I know that I can buy WoW. I'm putting that on the top of my to-do list for when I get back from vacation....

PS- When I get WoW I'll be pming you guys for you character names...

KH-Cloudy
04-15-2007, 02:54 AM
I'll just make a new character on Draka is call it Lvayne like my Anetheron main :P