PDA

View Full Version : Who's better.

The Majestic
04-12-2007, 03:11 AM
Squall vs. Cloud
IN a match between the big sword and the gun blade which who will be victorious. I need opinions. thank you.

black orb
04-12-2007, 03:33 AM
>>> Cloud has his own frigging movie, Squall dont.

Cloud wins.

PuPu
04-12-2007, 03:59 AM
*Sigh*

Great; another Cloud vs. Squall debate.

Well, Lionheart > Omnislash, that's one thing for sure.

Using battle mechanics, it would be a draw, since Holy Wars = Final Attack-Phoenix. Don't even bother asking what else could happen; it's WAY to complicated.

So we look at their strength based on their character and things that happened in game. (Not counting AC, since there is no corresponding movie for FF8 to compare to) Cloud has training from SOLDIER, the Elite force of Shinra compared with Squall's training from SeeD, the world's soldiers in FF8 (Galbadia got owned by them). Cloud beat Sephy, the super bad-ass guy who had the power of Jenova and had 1/2 the power of Lifestream (the game mentions that he was taking over the planet's energy, but not completely). That would compare to Squall defeating Ultimecia, a powerful sorceress who could compress time and absorb the universe. Cloud has a huge sword, compared to Squall's gunblade.

Since this would be all too opinionated and even though I like Squall better, I'll just say that Cloud vs. Squall is a tie.

The Majestic
04-12-2007, 04:19 AM
Point tooken. Very good opinion. I need more opinions because I plan on making a roleplay later on about cloud and squall. Im not going to spoil it so I need just a few more opinions. Thanks again.

ljkkjlcm9
04-12-2007, 04:35 AM
from the archives, and prolly the reason I'm called a Squall fanboy today... my 3rd ever thread, and 4th post ever here

sheesh, this is kinda a stupid topic, for many, many reasons, and also because you can't really speculate about it.

Firstly, Sephiroth is not better than Cloud, nor can he ever be, Sephiroth is worse than every character you can have in your party. Seriously think about it, any character can do 9999, he can't do that or he'd kill you one hit, just the fact that he's not on your team means he is weaker, more health, but everything else weaker.

Seifer works the same way.

Now as for Cloud vs. Squall, i c no point in arguing it. Someone said GFs versus Materia, well i think it's obvious there. Materia decreases some stats and raises others, while GFs are only used to help your characters, so obviously GFs in FFVIII are better for the characters than the materia is.

Squall vs. Cloud... sheesh this is funny, why were these the two chosen characters out of every single FF game ever made?

I mean honestly... oh and by the way for all you Sephiroth Fans, KEFKA was the best enemy, he was just crazy cool, and his song, and his laugh, yeah he was crazy, I mean he changed the entire world, just damn crazy.

SO as for the topic of cloud vs. Squall, obviously you're gonna have them both at their best, and it's easier to max stats in FFVIII than in FFVII though I did in both. Obviously they're gonna have their best weapons, and obviously they're gonna have their best materia/GF.

But honestly people, if you're just going with limit breaks, I do think Lion Heart is better, but when Cloud does a limit break, you know he'll do Omnislash, when Squall does, it's random, and he may never actually do it, so by limit break alone, Cloud is better for the actual move, Squall is better because he can use it more often... and in FFVIII Squall's gunblade actually ends up hurting him... If you ever max stats with everyone... everyone doess 9999 no matter what, and he only does it with correct triggering, so, in that way it hurts him... personally I think Squall was a cooler character and liked his development better than Cloud's. Cloud is what he is because someone made him that way, Squall is what he is because he pushed himself to that point, he fought for it, and he earned it. Squall is by far a cooler main character, but sadly thinking about it, if for some random reason they fought automatically using their best attacks completely maxed out, they'd each do 1 damage a hit, honestly. They'd both do 1 damage roughly cause strength 255 and defense 255, so yeah. I mean when I maxed stats even Sephiroth was only doing a few hundred and Ultimicea was as well, in fact, Omega weapon couldn't hurt me enough in FFVIII and Ruby and Emerald couldn't in FFVII

btw, I think Lionheart owns Omnislash, so Squall

THE JACKEL

The Majestic
04-12-2007, 04:39 AM
Very nice opinion. I like it thanks for your opinion

Alex151
04-12-2007, 05:02 AM
No way, No way, Cloud imo would stomp over Squall. Cloud was one of the main characters in all the FF games, that was just flat out, much stronger than all of the other characters, yeah the others were real good but there was a fine line between the level of good that they were on, and the level that cloud is on. In games like 10, you have Auron to tag with tidus, in 9 you had Steiner, and in 8 you had a variety with Zell, to Irvine, and even Rinoa if you kept her level up. Dont get me wrong, Squall was a pretty tough character, but he just doesn't have what it takes to beat Cloud. And above all else, Squall was emo, and Cloud was just pretty much, a bad ass throughout the game, so you gotta give it to him

plus...........

.........I'm a big fan of cloud, so it's kinda biased.

Kanshisha
04-12-2007, 05:07 AM
It'll be a tie and they'll soon call down their party member to help out..

Alex151
04-12-2007, 05:14 AM
It'll be a tie and they'll soon call down their party member to help out..

in that case

Tifa vs Quistis (Battle of Strong female role and potential Girlfriend)
Vincent vs Irvine (Battle of the gunslingers)
Cid vs Zell (Battle of 2nd toughests)
Yuffie vs Selphie (Battle of the most annoying character)
Aeris vs Rinoa (Battle of most non playable character)
Barret vs Cait sith (Battle of........ gotta get rid of the cat someway)

I'd say FFVII has the upper hand here though

The Majestic
04-12-2007, 05:47 AM
Well thanks for that theory Alex151. although I never said about them calling there teams. but still it was a good thing.. Now im a huge fan of cloud. Once I saw him in action In school I just openend my notebook and just drew his swords over and over again. I like his attidude as well and also I love characters who have forgotten there past. It just gives a character that mysterious touch. But thats exactly why I wanted other opinions lol. So that I dont do things just because I like that character. I wanted to see what other people would say so that I could make the roleplay Im going to make after the one I have now the way the other people like it. SO keep up the opinions :)

The Crystal
04-12-2007, 08:27 AM
Who is better in a fight?

Cloud defeated Sephiroth that probably has the power of almost the entire planet in AC.

Squall... defeated Ultimecia that was ABSORBING THE FRIGGIN UNIVERSE!!

Who you belive would win in a fight? :rolleyes2

Wolf Kanno
04-12-2007, 09:38 AM
I quote myself from a previous thread about this topic...

Squall would win. While Cloud is busy worring about whether he's actually who he thinks he is or whining about how much he hates himself because he let some girl die in front of him that he might love but then again he might be responding to his image of the man who saved him who he very well believes to be him which goes back to him wondering if he's actually who he thinks he is...and well you get the idea how messed up in the head he is. Squall would come by, slice his head off and walk away saying "whatever..." ;)

Also, Squall technically has more expierience and training than Cloud does. Squall was raised as a child soldier while Cloud seemed to join Shinra around the age of sixteen. Also Cloud only had basic training. He never got into SOLDIER his abnormal strength comes from the Jenova cells injected into him after the Nibilheim disaster. As for Squall, we don't know how powerful the Junction system makes him. Judging from Laguna's response though, it is inhuman power, so it's safe to say Squall could go blow for blow with Cloud.

Bunny
04-12-2007, 12:34 PM
They would both kill themselves and the world would finally be happy.

Flying Mullet
04-12-2007, 12:40 PM
No one cares who's better.

MikeL Valentine
04-12-2007, 03:21 PM
Cloud, why?
Well Squall is a child and you can make that out if you watch his conversations in FF8 closer, he thinks that he can make it alone though he certainly can't without his friends.
Cloud is always alone he never had any fear in him.

Cloud defeated Sephiroth alone while Squall defeated Ultimacia with all his friends :rolleyes2

Cloud's sword can't be compared with that foolish Gunblade thing.
In Kingdom Hearts II Cloud is much stronger than Squall, no?

And finally Cloud is cooler :D :p :tongue:

Garnie
04-12-2007, 03:22 PM
Coud of course but there both awesome!

TyphoonThaReapa
04-12-2007, 08:08 PM
A'yo, I don't even know what'sup with asking this question anymore! You know what? The hell with it! Fayt Leingod fron Star Ocean: Till The End Of Time would win. Jin Kazama from Tekken would win. Hell Tidus would kick both of there asses by himself if you think about it! And I'm not mad at anybody so don't take it personally. But there are others things to talk about besides Squall and Cloud beating the hell out each other. But just for the sake of the existance of this thread........
Squall would win...:evilking:

Alex151
04-12-2007, 08:16 PM
A'yo, I don't even know what'sup with asking this question anymore! You know what? The hell with it! Fayt Leingod fron Star Ocean: Till The End Of Time would win. Jin Kazama from Tekken would win. Hell Tidus would kick both of there asses by himself if you think about it! And I'm not mad at anybody so don't take it personally. But there are others things to talk about besides Squall and Cloud beating the hell out each other. But just for the sake of the existance of this thread........

its too hard for us too vote on this because we're fanboys of different games, you love 8 so naturally you'll pick Squall, and I love 7 so of course I'd pick Cloud, unless you look at it how PuPu did.

but honestly you cant tell me, magic and all special abilities aside, that squall could beat cloud

TyphoonThaReapa
04-12-2007, 08:22 PM
from the archives, and prolly the reason I'm called a Squall fanboy today... my 3rd ever thread, and 4th post ever here

sheesh, this is kinda a stupid topic, for many, many reasons, and also because you can't really speculate about it.

Firstly, Sephiroth is not better than Cloud, nor can he ever be, Sephiroth is worse than every character you can have in your party. Seriously think about it, any character can do 9999, he can't do that or he'd kill you one hit, just the fact that he's not on your team means he is weaker, more health, but everything else weaker.

Seifer works the same way.

Now as for Cloud vs. Squall, i c no point in arguing it. Someone said GFs versus Materia, well i think it's obvious there. Materia decreases some stats and raises others, while GFs are only used to help your characters, so obviously GFs in FFVIII are better for the characters than the materia is.

Squall vs. Cloud... sheesh this is funny, why were these the two chosen characters out of every single FF game ever made?

I mean honestly... oh and by the way for all you Sephiroth Fans, KEFKA was the best enemy, he was just crazy cool, and his song, and his laugh, yeah he was crazy, I mean he changed the entire world, just damn crazy.

SO as for the topic of cloud vs. Squall, obviously you're gonna have them both at their best, and it's easier to max stats in FFVIII than in FFVII though I did in both. Obviously they're gonna have their best weapons, and obviously they're gonna have their best materia/GF.

But honestly people, if you're just going with limit breaks, I do think Lion Heart is better, but when Cloud does a limit break, you know he'll do Omnislash, when Squall does, it's random, and he may never actually do it, so by limit break alone, Cloud is better for the actual move, Squall is better because he can use it more often... and in FFVIII Squall's gunblade actually ends up hurting him... If you ever max stats with everyone... everyone doess 9999 no matter what, and he only does it with correct triggering, so, in that way it hurts him... personally I think Squall was a cooler character and liked his development better than Cloud's. Cloud is what he is because someone made him that way, Squall is what he is because he pushed himself to that point, he fought for it, and he earned it. Squall is by far a cooler main character, but sadly thinking about it, if for some random reason they fought automatically using their best attacks completely maxed out, they'd each do 1 damage a hit, honestly. They'd both do 1 damage roughly cause strength 255 and defense 255, so yeah. I mean when I maxed stats even Sephiroth was only doing a few hundred and Ultimicea was as well, in fact, Omega weapon couldn't hurt me enough in FFVIII and Ruby and Emerald couldn't in FFVII

btw, I think Lionheart owns Omnislash, so Squall

THE JACKAL

The above quotes speak of stats of the actual games.By looking and reading this, their about the same here...

I quote myself from a previous thread about this topic...

Squall would win. While Cloud is busy worring about whether he's actually who he thinks he is or whining about how much he hates himself because he let some girl die in front of him that he might love but then again he might be responding to his image of the man who saved him who he very well believes to be him which goes back to him wondering if he's actually who he thinks he is...and well you get the idea how messed up in the head he is. Squall would come by, slice his head off and walk away saying "whatever..." ;)

Also, Squall technically has more expierience and training than Cloud does. Squall was raised as a child soldier while Cloud seemed to join Shinra around the age of sixteen. Also Cloud only had basic training. He never got into SOLDIER his abnormal strength comes from the Jenova cells injected into him after the Nibilheim disaster. As for Squall, we don't know how powerful the Junction system makes him. Judging from Laguna's response though, it is inhuman power, so it's safe to say Squall could go blow for blow with Cloud.

The above quote speaks of life training obviously making squall superior in the department...

its too hard for us too vote on this because we're fanboys of different games, you love 8 so naturally you'll pick Squall, and I love 7 so of course I'd pick Cloud, unless you look at it how PuPu did.

but honestly you cant tell me, magic and all special abilities aside, that squall could beat cloud

And you say Squall can't beat Cloud without magic, limit breaks and all that other crap? Squall would beat the hell out of Cloud son. Sorry if that hurts...:evilking:

Alex151
04-12-2007, 08:35 PM
yeah squall may have been training at a younger age, but cloud is also a few years older than Squall, plus SeeD is not as tough of an organization to get into anyways, SOLDIER is a stronger organization and a lot tougher to get 1st class, plus the enemies that cloud fights throughout the game are harder, the game itself is harder. Ultimecia was very Easy, all she had was an annoying 8 different stages (not sure of the exact amount) Sephiroth had only 3 stages i think and was still a tougher boss to beat. Dont get me wrong I love Squall, 8 was my favorite game forever, but Squall just couldn't pull through it against Cloud

TyphoonThaReapa
04-12-2007, 08:41 PM
A'yo, honestly, I doesn't matter what kind and how many enemies ether of them defeated. At the beginnig of both games, before you even started the first battle, Squall's stats are better. So without magic, without experience, without other party members, Squall would murder Cloud. And even if they did had all of that other stuff, It has already been proven by statistics that Squall would win.

Alex151
04-12-2007, 08:52 PM
I feel like a nerd for real lol, but I can't sit here and believe that Squall would beat Cloud, the beggining of the game doesn't count, stats are basically random and set for the beggining fights, it's how you get better that counts, and I wouldn't go by statistics anyways, I'd just go by an all out fight, because if they would have made all the stats realistic then sephiroth would kill everyone in one hit. You can't go by AC because if you did it would be no contest, because It's years after 7 and we havent seen Squall years after 8.

If you look at it from all aspects go by emotion, and agility and all that, then Cloud would surely win., Squall doesnt have the attitude to beat cloud, he is too depressed at everything and has no reason to fight for half the game, Cloud is always fired up about something, in the game anyways, and when he fights(taken from the movie) he is very agile, jumping around all over, Squall is just a side to side fighter, he doesnt hop around at all, Cloud would be too quick for him, he'd tire him down and win.

That's Looking at it from a non statistical point

TyphoonThaReapa
04-12-2007, 09:01 PM
You've gotta be kidding. A non statistic view? Games are all about statistics. A'yo, let's say this battle is real life. No magic or none of that, and it's just them two. First of all, nobody in their right mind would go emo in the middle of a fight in real life. Secondly, if this was real life, with human strenght, agility, etc. Cloud wouldn't even be able to lift his weapon let alone swing it. Squall would slice him up so quick, we'll be eat Cloud's Lever for dinner. Squall would win from a non statistic point of view no doubt.

Alex151
04-12-2007, 09:06 PM
You've gotta be kidding. A non statistic view? Games are all about statistics. A'yo, let's say this battle is real life. No magic or none of that, and it's just them two. First of all, nobody in their right mind would go emo in the middle of a fight in real life. Secondly, if this was real life, with human strenght, agility, etc. Cloud wouldn't even be able to lift his weapon let alone swing it. Squall would slice him up so quick, we'll be eat Cloud's Lever for dinner. Squall would win from a non statistic point of view no doubt.

hahaha true about the emo part, but I mean in their world, their gravity level has to be lower than ours because they jump in the air 50 feet and all that, cloud's weapon wouldnt be as heavy. Squall just wouldnt know what to do after cloud hopped around him all over the place, And yeah all games are based an stats but these are two totally different game, stats arent gonne be built on the same level in every Final Fantasy.

and to end our argument, lets just say that both of them could woop on Zidane

PuPu
04-12-2007, 09:14 PM

Sorry buddy, but by saying that, you now start a new argument.

Zidane is just a strong, maybe even stronger than either of them. In FF9, it was said that Garland made Zidane to be stronger than Kuja. Well, in one part, Kuja took a Mega Flare from Bahamut with barely a scratch! This would mean that Zidane is stronger than that. I somehow doubt that Cloud or Squall could take a hit from Mega Flare like that. Though power may not always mean victory in a fight, neither Cloud nor Squall could easily beat Zidane like you assume.

TyphoonThaReapa
04-12-2007, 09:19 PM

Sorry buddy, but by saying that, you now start a new argument.

Zidane is just a strong, maybe even stronger than either of them. In FF9, it was said that Garland made Zidane to be stronger than Kuja. Well, in one part, Kuja took a Mega Flare from Bahamut with barely a scratch! This would mean that Zidane is stronger than that. I somehow doubt that Cloud or Squall could take a hit from Mega Flare like that. Though power may not always mean victory in a fight, neither Cloud nor Squall could easily beat Zidane like you assume.

Sorry, as much as I hate Zidane, he's right. Now I don't like Tidus ether, but he would bet Squall, Cloud and Zidane due to FFX's battle system.

f f freak
04-12-2007, 09:31 PM
Neither would win. Cloud would cry over Aeris being dead and Squall would cry over Ellone leaving him when he was like five. After a couple of years crying they would get together, go off and have gay sex with each other. Zell would join them.

Hazzard
04-12-2007, 09:50 PM
I don't know why the hell you lot are judging by movies, and battle system, because if you gave everyone a battle system like XII, and based it in that world, I'm sure Squall would win. It's debatable that Cloud can handle that sword, because he does have enhanced strength, but come on, Squall is just as fast but with a more lethal weapon. I wouldn't think Cloud's agility would be top notch, and would be surely caught off guard. Zidane would probably kill both their asses, if you just look at the guy's pace, and he's an animal for god's sake! Tidus? I don't know why you even mentioned him, because he would be getting sliced in half in a matter of seconds. The guy has no experience at all, and just watches the 'Great' Auron.

By the way, Auron would destroy all of them.

Alex151
04-12-2007, 10:15 PM
Alright alright, I can agree with zidane, hes smaller and more agile than either squall and cloud, and maybe stronger, it was never proved in the game though.

How exactly is Squall's weapon more lethal, now dont get me wrong here either, I love the gunblade, but Cloud's sword is twice as big and a full swing from it would throw squall back. If squall wants to shoot, well it's not like Cloud can't block or dodge the bullets, he did in AC pretty easily. I wouldn't say the Gunblade is more lethal at all.

FF freak i can't agree with you at all, both are far from gay, Tidus and Cait Sith might have gay sex but definitely not Squall or Cloud lol.

Hazard, Tidus is stronger than Auron in the end of the game, Auron... I won't deny that he was a pretty bad ass character, and would put up a good fight, but not against Cloud or Squall.

If it was a battle system like 12's Squall probably would win, because all you do is stand there and hit each other back and forth, it's a little more advanced than the other games but it's still pretty basic, just not as annoying with the battles popping out of no where. But back to the point, you cant get and accurate view from thatany more than you could from the other games, it could show that either one might have a stronger attack, and that one might have more skills than the other, and Squall has more skills with his weapon, but if it was in movie format, and they could hop around and actually move, I'd still give it to Cloud.

So basically I'll even this out, if you put the two head to head against each other, Maybe Squall would win... maybe. But if it was more lifelike, and they could move wherever and whenever, then Cloud would win.

Rocket Edge
04-12-2007, 11:04 PM
ljkkjlcm9 a makes good & honest review of the two characters.

I'll go with Squall.

Squall VS Cloud is like, a personality contest, because these characters when compared to each other strike a love/hate reaction for and against, so it's hard for some people to give an honest judgement.

Hazzard
04-13-2007, 12:08 AM
The only reason you're saying that is because you actually haven't seen Squall in a movie, doing flips like that. If he was in the same exact world as Cloud, we all know he could do the same thing. The Auron thing was just because he's my best character in all games, and I know he would struggle with pace. Tidus, realistically speaking would get killed by all of them. He has the least experience whether you like it or not. So nah, I can't go along with you saying some little kid is stronger than a devoted Guardian/Samarai like my main man Auron. Cloud's sword is way to thick and big for him to even get a touch on Squall, an if it does, it will just force him to the ground. Squall's Gunblade on the other hand, can cut through Cloud, and is easy to wield. It's at least got a sharp end, while the Big ass blade hasn't.

By the way, what's with this sudden: "Tidus will kill all of them", sort of attitude? I mean, I don't mind him because he hangs with Auron, but come on you guys, think sense.

PuPu
04-13-2007, 12:31 AM
By the way, what's with this sudden: "Tidus will kill all of them", sort of attitude? I mean, I don't mind him because he hangs with Auron, but come on you guys, think sense.

Well, he can do 99,999 damage and get 99,999 HP, but that's based on FFX's battle system.

I really don't have much to say for Tidus, except that he managed to kill Sin, compared to Cloud killing Sephy, Squall killing Ultimecia, and Zidane killing Necron. And Sin was an incredibly powerful beast that lived for over a thousand years and got revived every time he was killed.

He's also a good Blitzer, which I guess could show he's pretty agile.

Again, to prevent it from being opinionated, and even though I do like Tidus a lot, I'll just say he is most likely just as strong as Cloud, Squall, and Zidane, since they are all main characters and end up beating a super powerful villain.

I'm not even going to bother with Auron. Even though he is a great character, people like him WAY too much to think that he could easily beat Cloud, Squall, etc. just by saying something like "he is so badass and cool..."

Hazzard
04-13-2007, 12:38 AM
You know I never said that, right? Auron would probably get owned by them two, because of his lack of speed. You got a point with Tidus, and he's the only main character that can swim underwater, thus making him have more stamina, plus he's great at Blitzball, and that adds on agility and speed. When I think about it, Tidus could just as well give them two a good shot for their money, and maybe even beat Auron. (Lets not say kill after what they've been through). But if Auron was 10 years younger, and faced Cloud and them lot. They would be dead, and I'm not taking that back.

The Majestic
04-13-2007, 12:59 AM
Did you guys ever now that squall might have the smalll advatntage. Except for blade beam cloud cant attack from far but with squall's gun blade he has a small advantage to attack and be safe at the same time then when the right time comes he can close in and attack from up close. But then cloud is pretty strong so he might gain momentum and fight back squall with his sword skills. I seriously dont know lol. Well This is why I wanted your opinions to one help me decide on who's better and two for the roleplay im going to do soon. Thanks again.

Hazzard
04-13-2007, 01:12 AM
If I was to say, then I'd say Squall. Cloud is really what you call an unrealistic character, I like him but he's not better than Squall. I don't give a damn if people think Squall is emotional, and can get depressed easily, because that reminds me of myself. The slightest thing happens, and I claim I'm depressed. Squall is the most realistic character I know from FF.

Alex151
04-13-2007, 03:55 AM
The only reason you're saying that is because you actually haven't seen Squall in a movie, doing flips like that. If he was in the same exact world as Cloud, we all know he could do the same thing. The Auron thing was just because he's my best character in all games, and I know he would struggle with pace. Tidus, realistically speaking would get killed by all of them. He has the least experience whether you like it or not. So nah, I can't go along with you saying some little kid is stronger than a devoted Guardian/Samarai like my main man Auron. Cloud's sword is way to thick and big for him to even get a touch on Squall, an if it does, it will just force him to the ground. Squall's Gunblade on the other hand, can cut through Cloud, and is easy to wield. It's at least got a sharp end, while the Big ass blade hasn't.

You act like Cloud is carrying a hammer or a butter knife, Any Sword with enough momentum will cut through somebody, also, it does have a sharp end, and through it all....... it is a sword.
And you see Squall fight a few times in the fmv's which is just as realistic as AC. Which is the whole reason I say that he's a side to side, base type fighter. Tidus, would definitely get torn up from a realistic viewpoint. Auron would do good, as I said before, but he just wouldn't be enough for Cloud or Squall. And Cloud is 21+ so he's not some random "kid"

Cloud wasn't Unrealistic at all, he was kind of plain but far from unrealistic. And it's not hard to make a character like Squall, he's like old school rpg mains, they dont talk at all. I'm not gonna sit here and say he's unrealistic, because he's not, but he's just as plain as Cloud was, and at least Cloud talked through more than half the game. Now I'd say Zidane is more of a realistic Main Character, Fun Loving, women loving character, he had, what you call.... "pizaz"(I think I might have made that word up, but you get the point)

I won't sit here and say Squall is all emo hardcore all the time either, because Cloud was kinda emo for a whle about Aeris dying, but Squall didn't really have a reason, but at least he was pulling through it at hte end of the game where cloud was falling into it, but he came out at the end of AC, so all is good:greenie: .

The Majestic
04-13-2007, 05:04 AM
Thats a good opinion alex. I like it.

Arc_Master_14
04-13-2007, 05:20 AM
this is a quesyion people have wow
okay its cloud for many reasons one he kicked sephiroths ass TWICE!
two he has a big cool sword wth six parts
three his own movie
SEE CLOUD WINS!

Hazzard
04-13-2007, 08:42 AM
Well all I know is, that I can relate to Squall more, and he's one of the most realistic mains there is, in FF. Cloud, I admire the guy, but if I was to talk sense, then I'd say he's fake. He's muscular, but to hold a massive sword like that would break his back. Someone like Barret could handle that, but not Cloud. Also, I think it is not always about size and the size can actually be Cloud's downfall, and if Squall was in Advent Children or something similar, he would definitely be faster or the same as Cloud, in agility and speed. Tidus wouldn't get torn apart, because he is more physically fit than both of them, and can do many abilities that they can't. I just overall think Squall would win, but Cloud would put up a good fight.

The Majestic
04-14-2007, 02:26 AM
Once again nice opinions guys. THis is going great im almost done with the story line of my next roleplay.

Ashley Schovitz
04-14-2007, 02:39 AM
Cloud, why?
Well Squall is a child and you can make that out if you watch his conversations in FF8 closer, he thinks that he can make it alone though he certainly can't without his friends.
Cloud is always alone he never had any fear in him.

Cloud defeated Sephiroth alone while Squall defeated Ultimacia with all his friends :rolleyes2

Cloud's sword can't be compared with that foolish Gunblade thing.
In Kingdom Hearts II Cloud is much stronger than Squall, no?

And finally Cloud is cooler :D :p :tongue: Not in One Winged Angel form and i think it would be a stalemate although they probably wouldn't fight to begin with.

The Majestic
04-14-2007, 03:11 AM
well my new roleplay has a short scene with them two fighting
:D

Alex151
04-14-2007, 02:58 PM
well I'm not gonna argue anymore, I just wanna know when you're gonna post your rp UC

Hazzard
04-14-2007, 03:25 PM
well I'm not gonna argue anymore, I just wanna know when you're gonna post your rp UC

Yeah, I'm curious on the fact how you're gonna interpret, both of these characters into a Role-Play. So how are you gonna do it?

Firo Volondé
04-14-2007, 03:30 PM
UC, I may have got the wrong impression from your post, but the gunblade isn't a ranged weapon. It's trigger is used to charge the blade, leading to a more powerful attack if your timing is right.

As for the fight, realistically, Squall or Zidane would win. Squall's weapon is far superior to the Buster Sword, Zidane's weapons and Tidus's weapons, and as mentioned before Zidane > Kuja > Mega Flare. It all comes down to whether Zidane could outlast Squall. As for Tidus vs Cloud, I imagine it being rather similar to the Hoppie-Jackhammer Smit bout, for anyone who's read The Power of One. Tidus hands down.

The Majestic
04-14-2007, 06:49 PM
well when im finished with my current roleplay. Probably in a week or two then my next roleplay the beginning where squall and cloud will fight is going to be like a short movie scene kinda thing. You know how all games have cut out movie scene Except this hasent been on a movie. Anyways its going to start with squall and cloud versing each other. and then im going to get your opinions and make them use there best moves and just fight. and then from your opinions either squall or cloud is going to win and they will be the game host.

Im going to make the ultimate survivor series. Im going to make it that its not only that people fight each other but after the fighting they get a riddle and if they are lucky they go through the lighting round by playing a specific sport with the character of the world where going to be in. See every couple times we will be visiting a world from disney and ANIME and we will go to there stadium and just fight and do the riddles and more over there. Now its not going to be if you lose then your out unless its been going on for a while and I will have to start the eliminating process.

say for example we go to naruto. We will go to a big place to fight and I will choose two characters to fight each other. The way ill now that is Ill pm each character with a random number from 1-5 and whoever has the same number will be fighting each other. Now im going to be closing my eyes so that its random. Now then we will go to the place we are going to fight and then whoever is the winner will get an item I decide to give.. and 2+ any two stats. Then therer will be a riddle round where you get three chances to answer the easy riddle but each time it will get harder and harder if you get it right then you get 4+ any three stats. Then afterwards if I decide to use the lighting round where I will make the character ( Say naruto or maybe more characters. ) and the winner of the fight he/she must also be able to go through the riddle round if he/she is going to be in the lighting round.
they will play say one on one basketball using the skills they know to try to make it.

So its not going to be a regular basketball game but instead say naruto can use rasengan to make the ball go in the hoop or you can use your skills to make the ball go in the hoop or to steal the ball.

So thats basically it and if you win the lighting round you get a brand new rare item and 6+ of any all your stats which will be strength defense magic hp mp and weaponary ( weaponary is when you increase your weapons strentgth ) when you reach a certain level you will gain a new move. That is basically the game.

Hazzard
04-14-2007, 07:25 PM
Hmmm, I wouldn't of guessed that it would of been another Survivor. I thought you was going to make it a proper RP, where Cloud and Squall seemed to join each from unfortunate circumstances, and start traveling with each from then on, but a survivor's OK.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
04-14-2007, 07:43 PM
Squall's better.
Cloud just doesn't do anything for me

The Majestic
04-14-2007, 09:26 PM
well I was also planning on making it both an adventure game and a survivor game sort of like super smash brothers melee. YOu knw how you can either choose an adventure or just plain out fight so I will let the player choose from survivor or adventure if they win a match. then if you choose to go for an adventure instead of a riddle you will have to fight against the worlds enemy and the thing is you get either squall or cloud on your team as a guide. Does that sound good.

jammi567
04-14-2007, 10:36 PM
I'm not going to be biased at all in this post...

...therefore, i'll pick Squall, as it was my first game, i really like the junctioning system, Squall's outfit was cool...etc, etc

(note:sarcasm)

Trance_Kuja
04-15-2007, 05:51 PM
Squall would win now stop the Cloud fanboyism.