PDA

View Full Version : C&C 3: Tiberium Wars

Sefie1999AD
04-12-2007, 04:32 PM
Has someone played Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars yet, or is someone planning to get the game? I've been a fan of the series for quite a while, and while I didn't think C&C: Tiberian Sun was too good, I thought the original C&C, C&C: Red Alert, Red Alert 2 and C&C Generals were enjoyable games. Now it seems we got an official "third" part of the series after a long time, and it seems the C&C-ish user interface is back, and so are the cinematic sequences (the interface in C&C Generals reminded me more about WarCraft III's interface).

GameSpot gave C&C 3 a score of 9.0 / 10. That's quite impressive, really, I wouldn't have expected EA to come up with a succesful C&C sequel anymore. I haven't played this game yet, and I'll have to think whether to get it or not, although my CPU probably isn't good enough to run the game. 2.0 GHz or higher is the minimum requirement, and I only have a 1.67 GHz CPU.

Anyway, this thread is for discussing the "third" C&C game.

Mo-Nercy
04-13-2007, 12:45 AM
I'm a bit of an oddball when it comes to C&C. I've never played Red Alert or Red Alert 2 for longer than a couple of hours back in the day, when I was bored at an internet cafe or whatever. I did, however, play a lot of Tiberian Sun and I loved the plot. I was very much into Renegade as well.

As much as I would love to purchase and play Tiberium Wars, my PC is too stone-age to run it and this laptop, although marginally better, doesn't come close either. xD

NOD is t3h awsome.

Jebus
04-13-2007, 05:34 AM
My life for Kane!

Yes, I have played Tiberium Wars, and I greatly enjoyed it. Of course any game with Kane in it is immediately completely awesome.

Lost Number
04-13-2007, 10:13 AM
Jebus said it. Jebus' sig said it. Jebus' avatar said it. IN NOD WE TRUST!

Tallulah
04-17-2007, 05:52 PM
I played it last weekend. I'm awful at those types of games and got totally owned without Ash's help. He's much better than me, though he did cheat... :eep: Still, it's fun, and it beats Theme Park World! :p

Now I really want my laptop fixed... :cry:

DeStyle
04-17-2007, 06:13 PM
I played the Demo and found the game lacking.

No "general/countries" (as in red alert 2 or C&C Generals).
The units were basicly just tanks, one being the strongest.
They didn't offer any special tactics (the tanks). I found
paying for your "superweapon" sucking bigtime.

I LOVED Red Alert 2, why? Yuri, country specific units, Spies,
prism tower/tesla coil powerup, battle labs, no two units the
same (each unit had it's own special application and tactic).
Also the two sides on their own were opposing eachother in
alot of ways, but when put together they fit like a puzzle to
make the ultimate base.

I liked C&C Generals: Zero Hour, why? Generals specific builds,
general powers, upgradable units, GLA terrorist bikes, graphics.