PDA

View Full Version : PS3 or 360?

BizarroSephiroth
04-13-2007, 01:44 PM
I just got the opportunity to buy either a PS3 o a XBOX 360. I cant get both, but i can get one. Which one do you recommend? I was gonna get the PS3 because there are some good games for it, but Halo 3 and a few other games intrigued me to get the 360. My question:

WHICH ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MecaKane
04-13-2007, 02:17 PM
If only there was a member of eoff who knew all the faults of PS3.

Jowy
04-13-2007, 02:18 PM
If only there was a member of eoff who knew all the faults of PS3.

*snicker*

Slothy
04-13-2007, 02:36 PM
Please explain what you mean by that MecaKane.

I'd go with the PS3. Actually, I did go with the PS3. Frankly, if you're worried about Halo 3, go buy Half-Life 2 and realize that you're not missing much with the Halo series. The PS3 just has more exclusives that interest me, and all of the multi platform titles I want. Go look into games like Little Big Planet, Uncharted: Drakes Fortune, Lair, Warhawk, and White Knight story to see why a PS3 is worth owning. I didn't even bother mentioning MGS4 and FFXIII since everyone is already quite familiar with them.

edczxcvbnm
04-13-2007, 03:07 PM
Vivi22, MecaKane is just taking another retarded stab at Joel.

It depends on what you want to play more. I went with a 360. I own Gears of War and Rainbow Six Vegas. I am about to start playing the online version of GoW now and I love playing Vegas online. I beat both of their single player modes completely. I just find Vegas to be a lot more fun personally.

I am in the Halo 3 beta so I can't wait for that to start next month. There are a few other games I want for the 360 but right now it is all good.

I will eventually pick up a PS3 but right now they have nothing and I don't see them getting something in the near future.

Dreddz
04-13-2007, 03:18 PM
Ive got both and its a tough call to say which one is better. The 360 has a better library, with most of the genres having a few good titles ( except RPG's, but Blue Dragon could fix that ). The PS3 is still early days when it comes to games, theres still some good titles in there though. But not enough to make it a really worthwhile purchise now. I got one because I really really wanted Virtua Fighter 5, and you might feel the same about another title for the PS3. Then you have to look at the line-up for each system, which I personally think is a tie, both systems have alot of great games in the works.

To keep it safe, I say get a 360. But theres no harm in getting a PS3, in a few months it'll be up there with the 360 no doubt.

Vermachtnis
04-13-2007, 03:36 PM
Because it's been out longer and you'll have more money left over, get a 360. Like it's been said, it has a bigger library.

escobert
04-13-2007, 03:38 PM
360 ftw.

Slothy
04-13-2007, 03:58 PM
Vivi22, MecaKane is just taking another retarded stab at Joel.

I can't believe I didn't pick up on that. I guess that's what I get for posting right after waking up with a hangover.

Elite Lord Sigma
04-13-2007, 07:20 PM
I'd recommend the 360. Gears of War alone is enough to justify purchasing it, and there are plenty of great games for it. Right off the top of my head, I've heard great things about many of its games, like Rainbow Six: Vegas, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, and Guitar Hero II (even though I don't think it's 360 exclusive.) Add in some blockbuster hits, like Halo 3, some good games off of the Marketplace (Castlevania: Symphony of the Night), and a great online service, and the 360 is clearly the better choice. That is, unless you are a diehard Metal Gear or Final Fantasy fan.

Madame Adequate
04-13-2007, 07:21 PM
Dead Rising says 360. Aside from other, excellent games.

I would go for the 360, on the basis that it has a larger library at this time, and by the time the PS3 gets a library good enough to warrant a purchase it will probably have come down in price anyway.

f f freak
04-13-2007, 09:16 PM
I have an Xbox 360. I don't plan on getting a PS3 until FFXIII comes out. I voted Xbox 360 because of the excellent games like Gears of War and Saints Row. My brother normally steals it so he and his friends can play Gears of War together which annoys me.

Discord
04-13-2007, 09:26 PM
It's a Sony!:moose:

On a side note. 360 has been around for what? Over 1,5 years? PS3 just came out less than a month ago in EU.*shrug*

Croyles
04-13-2007, 09:53 PM
Dont buy anything for a few months and then buy a PS3. You'll have it cheaper than at start (obviously not as cheap as the 360), a pretty good library, and the insurance that although the 360 and Wii are also really good, the PS will probably win the competition again (after a while, mind you) = more / better games = money better spent.
I have a PS3 now, and I dont regret it at all. Resistance: FoM is good, Motorstorm is bloody cool. I am looking forward to: Lair, White Knight Story, Warhawk, Little Big Planet, MGS4 (not actually a fan, but looks promising nonetheless), a few others which I have actually forgotten the name of now, but especially Final Fantasy XIII! So yeah, everything Vivi22 mentioned :p
I would have liked to have a 360 as well, but obviously the PS3 was enough. In short, it is better to wait a while and then buy the PS3 imo :D

The Unknown Guru
04-14-2007, 01:31 AM
360. I'm against Microsoft, but the PS3 just sucks.

Slothy
04-14-2007, 04:15 AM
I'd recommend the 360. Gears of War alone is enough to justify purchasing it, and there are plenty of great games for it. Right off the top of my head, I've heard great things about many of its games, like Rainbow Six: Vegas, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, and Guitar Hero II (even though I don't think it's 360 exclusive.) Add in some blockbuster hits, like Halo 3, some good games off of the Marketplace (Castlevania: Symphony of the Night), and a great online service, and the 360 is clearly the better choice. That is, unless you are a diehard Metal Gear or Final Fantasy fan.

The only exclusives you mentioned in that post are Gears of War and Halo 3. And I don't care how good Gears is, one game is never enough justification for buying a system. And the fact that you only mention MGS and FF as being reasons to buy a PS3 implies that you're either just ignoring the other great looking exclusives coming to the system, or just aren't that well informed on what the PS3 will have to offer.

Honestly, I'm going to just give the only advice that matters here: go to a site like IGN, Gamespot or what have you and start browsing the previews sections. Look at as many upcoming exclusive titles for each as you can to see what gets you giddy with anticipation and go with that system. We can recommend titles to look into but we can't tell you which is the better buy since you know what you like better than we do.

escobert
04-14-2007, 04:21 AM
And I don't know about you guys but Ninety Nine Nights is fun.

Mirage
04-14-2007, 04:31 AM
One game can justify buying a console, if the console is cheap enough :p, like the GC was when I bought it for MGS:TTS.

fantasyjunkie
04-14-2007, 10:18 AM
Oh dude, it depends on what you want and thats the hard, sad truth. It's like a car. Some people like sticks while others like automatics. Some like cars, some like trucks.

Croyles
04-14-2007, 10:45 AM
If that poll had been made half a year later, it would look very different.
But yeah, fantasyjunkie is right, and I also agree with Vivi22. It depends on what you want. Check IGN for upcoming games.

Breine
04-14-2007, 11:39 AM
It's true that the 360 has the bigger library right now, but that's obviously because it has been out on the market for quite some time now. Personally, I see a lot of potential in the PS3 and its library will probably end up being bigger than the one of the 360.

Comet
04-14-2007, 03:00 PM
PS3 any day.

The Shoeless Hobo
04-14-2007, 04:02 PM
Can't wait till Eternal Sonata. Blue Dragon, Alan Wake, Fable 2, Assasin's Creed and Banjo-Kazooie 3 come to the 360.

PS3 is tempting, but other than blu-ray, it's pretty much just the same.

Yet I do agree that 360 using DVD as it's format was a wrong move....

Fonzie
04-14-2007, 04:04 PM
I love Sony with all of my heart, but I'm going to have to say 360 as of now. Although, Devil May Cry 4 is no longer PS3 exclusive, its also coming out on the 360. Another reason to not buy a PS3 until MGS4:GotP comes out.

Laddy
04-14-2007, 11:36 PM
Wait for either. PS3 if you had to, because FF13 will be on it, and I take you must like FF to join this site, but really, waiting is the best choice, not only will titles and systems be cheaper, but more will be out, making it a fair vote.

escobert
04-15-2007, 01:36 AM
If you do get a 360, make sure to get a store insurance. My buddy is on his 4th 360. That's the only problem I've seen it they are buggy but that's mainly because microsoft uses so many different companies for parts so no system has everything exactly the same.

KentaRawr!
04-15-2007, 01:38 AM
If you do get a 360, make sure to get a store insurance. My buddy is on his 4th 360. That's the only problem I've seen it they are buggy but that's mainly because microsoft uses so many different companies for parts so no system has everything exactly the same.

What in blazes does your buddy do to his systems!? O_O

escobert
04-15-2007, 01:40 AM

What in blazes does your buddy do to his systems!? O_O

Play games. The first the disc drive burned out, then the second it ran really hot and was loud and didn't like to play some games. then it started scratching games. The third you had to fiddle with the ac adapter to get it to work. the 4th he's had for a few months with no problems. He got them from gamestop and they gave him no problems whatsoever in returning the systems.

Discord
04-15-2007, 02:54 AM
Never heard of a drive scratching discs, but it sure does sound nasty.

Mirage
04-15-2007, 03:22 AM
The PS2 did that too. Faint, circular scratches, but they added up after a while.

escobert
04-15-2007, 04:06 AM
yeah, almost looked like the disc came that way. but it did it to a brand new Gears of War which didn't have the marks before hand.

Slicksword45
04-15-2007, 05:55 AM
In my opnion, The Ps3 is better. It has more promesing exclusives (MGS4 FFXII, FF Vs. XII, Littlebigplanet, Resistance 2 (When ever they get around to makeing that XD), Rachet and Clank: [Inscert subcaption that I forgot here], Lair, Heavenly Sword, Killzone 2, Ninja Gaiden: Sigma, Warhawk, The Eye of Jugment, Uncharted: Drakes Fortune, Eight Days, And all those other games I don't remember. Now just if I had the money to pay for all those games....)

fantasyjunkie
04-15-2007, 06:45 AM
Right now i have the 360 but I'll eventually end up having the 360, PS3, and the Wii side by side just like I had the Xbox, PS2 and gamecube.
I just wish my PSP wasn't gathering dust :mad:

GF_Diablos
04-19-2007, 12:43 PM
I've had both and trust me the PS3 is a vastly superior console.

Project G
04-23-2007, 02:40 PM
I would go for the Xbox cos if u live in europe (Like I do), the ps3 will only play a few ps2 games, which will irritate everyone who spent years building a decent library of games only to find out that they don't work! Grrrrrrrr

Loony BoB
04-23-2007, 04:47 PM
I would go for the Xbox cos if u live in europe (Like I do), the ps3 will only play a few ps2 games, which will irritate everyone who spent years building a decent library of games only to find out that they don't work! Grrrrrrrr
So you're saying that people should get the 360 because the PS3 won't play some of your PS2 games? I'd love to know how many of your PS2 games will play on your 360.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
04-28-2007, 09:59 PM

Slicksword45
04-29-2007, 06:52 AM

ummm... first, the 360 only plays a few Xbox games. cmon. try playing Riddick. I dare you XD

Second, The ps3 already plays over 1,000 games, and more are being added.

Slothy
04-29-2007, 02:44 PM

ummm... first, the 360 only plays a few Xbox games. cmon. try playing Riddick. I dare you XD

Second, The ps3 already plays over 1,000 games, and more are being added.

Precisely. Unless of course you live in North America and get one of the ones with a built in PS2; then it plays all of the games.

Discord
04-30-2007, 09:39 PM
I've actually found this table pretty informative.

http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/xbox360_ps3_wii.asp

On a side note, 70 Euro is a bit much for a game, IMO. That's the only reason why I'm reconsidering not getting either.

Project G
05-01-2007, 01:59 PM
So you're saying that people should get the 360 because the PS3 won't play some of your PS2 games? I'd love to know how many of your PS2 games will play on your 360.

No, no, no! I said PS2 games on PS3 not on 360, and I researched into the ps3 and I found out that with the euro version, the owner will have to download various things just to play ps2 games which I think is too much hassle, sony have pissed me off because of this, they are trying to squeeze us out of more money! First we spend at least £300 on the console, then a further £40 on just one game, then knowing sony, it will not work in a few months so we will have to get it repaired! I dunno, maybe I'm too much of an anti-consumerist, but I just would like a decent console, with decent games and with it being reliable! So 360 all the way

Loony BoB
05-01-2007, 02:04 PM
The PS3 is a decent console, it will have decent games and it is reliable. No, it won't play a bunch of certain PS2 games, but the 360 won't play any PS2 games (obviously). If you want to play PS2 games, keep your PS2... it's not like it will sell for much these days anyway.

As for the cost, last time I checked if you wanted your 360 to have the hard drive, HD-DVD thing, etc. then you need to pay pretty much the same amount. And games, I think, are roughly the same too. So there's no real difference outside of the fact that PS3 doesn't have a "budget" version without all the extras. Hell, they did it in the US and it didn't sell enough to warrant a European version - everyone wanted the more expensive version. Go figure.

Croyles
05-01-2007, 04:05 PM
No, no, no! I said PS2 games on PS3 not on 360, and I researched into the ps3 and I found out that with the euro version, the owner will have to download various things just to play ps2 games which I think is too much hassle, sony have pissed me off because of this, they are trying to squeeze us out of more money! First we spend at least £300 on the console, then a further £40 on just one game, then knowing sony, it will not work in a few months so we will have to get it repaired! I dunno, maybe I'm too much of an anti-consumerist, but I just would like a decent console, with decent games and with it being reliable! So 360 all the way

Lol. Anti-consumerist on the internet.
The european PS3 already plays loads of PS2 games and more are coming. Hassle? Not for me.

"Do you want to run a update?"
*selects yes*

On a side note, 70 60 Euro is a bit much for a game, IMO. That's the only reason why I'm reconsidering not getting either.

:)

Loony BoB
05-01-2007, 04:30 PM
I just found out that you can plug in pretty much any regular hard drive, keyboard, mouse, etc. into a PS3 but you have to shell out double-price-per-GB for a 360 drive. I think that's swayed me back from on-the-fence to favouring PS3... whenever it is that I bother buying a next-gen console.

Mirage
05-01-2007, 04:55 PM
Hm, now that FFXIII isn't a PS3 exclusive, I'm not sure. If MGS4 goes multiplatform too, I'll definitely get a 360.

Slicksword45
05-01-2007, 08:44 PM

You have to download updates to play all the 360 games too...

Hm, now that FFXIII isn't a PS3 exclusive, I'm not sure. If MGS4 goes multiplatform too, I'll definitely get a 360.

When did FF XIII go multi? did I miss something?

Croyles
05-01-2007, 08:46 PM
Hm, now that FFXIII isn't a PS3 exclusive,

It is and will stay a PS3 exclusive, at least until anything is officially announced. One bogus website and a couple of silly rumors dont change that fact. And MGS4 has been confirmed exclusive like what, 6 times now?

bipper
05-01-2007, 08:52 PM
Hm, now that FFXIII isn't a PS3 exclusive,

It is and will stay a PS3 exclusive, at least until anything is officially announced. One bogus website and a couple of silly rumors dont change that fact. And MGS4 has been confirmed exclusive like what, 6 times now?

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-xiii/104349-ffxiii-confirmed-not-exclusive-ps3.html
as for me, prolly an Xbox 360, for Halo3 - and to shoot my dignity in the face. But srsly, it all depends on the games. I will prolly just end up with all three the next gen consoles.

Croyles
05-01-2007, 09:20 PM
Thats exactly the website I meant. Thats the ONLY place on the entire web where this is stated. So you imo you gotta be pretty gullible to believe it.

Though at the end of the day, your gonna have to decide on your own which console to get.

Slothy
05-01-2007, 10:15 PM

For starters, even on the Euro PS3's more PS2 and PSX games work on it than Xbox games on the 360. Second, updates aren't a hassle as long as your PS3 is connected to the internet. As someone already said, select the download option and let it run for a little while. It does all the work for you. Third, if you want reliability, then the 360 isn't for you. I've heard of people going through as many as three or more since launch, whereas I've yet to hear any stories about major issues with the PS3. I'd still give the 360 another year or more before buying them because frankly, they aren't known to be a well built piece of hardware even now.

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...usive-ps3.html
as for me, prolly an Xbox 360, for Halo3 - and to shoot my dignity in the face. But srsly, it all depends on the games. I will prolly just end up with all three the next gen consoles.

It's already been beaten to death by a lot of people in that thread bipper, but I'll spell it out again since you apparently didn't even read the thread. The entire FFXIII project as a whole isn't exclusive. It's made up of several games on several platforms, which includes some games that have yet to be announced. FFXIII and Versus XIII however remain exclusive as there has never been any statement from Square, or any confirmation by another media outlet that says otherwise. Everyone who's been guilty of perpetuating this needs to quit spreading rumour as fact and learn to be a little more critical of the things they read. You should all know by now that you can't trust everything you read on the internet. Especially when it gives no sources and isn't confirmed by any other, more credible, site.

Discord
05-02-2007, 12:10 AM
Let the rumors begin

I think this confirms the source as being absolutely bulletproof.

If I will get a new console though, and that means getting a new TV too, it'll be a PS3. I had PS1, I played PS2 for a bit and I see no reason to get 360 anyway.

Loony BoB
05-02-2007, 10:06 AM
Let the rumors begin

I think this confirms the source as being absolutely bulletproof.

If I will get a new console though, and that means getting a new TV too, it'll be a PS3. I had PS1, I played PS2 for a bit and I see no reason to get 360 anyway.
Lost Odyssey, whenever it comes out, is my reason for wanting a 360.

Croyles
05-02-2007, 03:18 PM
yeah I have to admit Lost Odyssey is cool. Shame I dont have enough money to buy all the consoles.
Im more than happy with my PS3 though!

Jiro
05-07-2007, 11:11 AM
if Assasin's Creed is on 360 then i'm getting it. It was basically the only reason I was going to get a PS3.

Fonzie
05-07-2007, 01:31 PM
I had only a couple reasons to buy a PS3.

1: MGS4
2: Devil May Cry 4

But since DMC4 is no longer PS3 exclusive, I don't really think the PS3 is just worth one game.

PS: I have a Xbox 360.

10-Breaker
05-08-2007, 08:19 PM
PS3 all the way.
I dislike microsoft afterall. ^^'

JKTrix
05-08-2007, 08:27 PM
Ninja Gaiden Sigma comes out for PS3 in a little over a month. You can download a demo off of the Playstation Store now. I spent a bit of time running through the demo a few times, reacquainting myself with the skillz I acquired on the original Xbox version.

Got Master Ninja rank on the Normal and Hard modes (in the demo), then died when I was almost finished on Very Hard.

Most of you probably missed it on the Xbox (if you have a 360, it's still worth buying), so if you have a PS3 definitely pick it up. Definitely in the highest tier of videogames.

Elite Lord Sigma
05-08-2007, 08:35 PM
if Assasin's Creed is on 360 then i'm getting it. It was basically the only reason I was going to get a PS3.It is on the 360. That's been confirmed for a while.

Mattokenzi
05-08-2007, 08:35 PM
well I for one supports the Playstation and my sister has an XBox I can't tell you which console to get but I can tell you what game to get *cough* Oblivion *cough*

Discord
05-08-2007, 11:53 PM
well I for one supports the Playstation and my sister has an XBox I can't tell you which console to get but I can tell you what game to get *cough* Oblivion *cough*

Hehe, I would actually, because it's currently the best game on the PS3, if not the only high-end game at all. Too bad that I know the PC version off by heart and better graphics are barely a cause for a buy here.

But if you for some reason didn't play that game yet,... it's absolutely :thumb:.

JKTrix
05-09-2007, 12:43 PM
*cough* Oblivion *cough*

Hehe, I would actually, because it's currently the best game on the PS3...

The correct answer is Virtua Fighter 5.

Or the Ninja Gaiden Demo.

All 3 of these games will also be playable in some shape or form on the 360 as well. When looking at the software (y'know, the important stuff) it's getting increasingly harder to choose one over the other.

Discord
05-09-2007, 06:04 PM
*cough* Oblivion *cough*

Hehe, I would actually, because it's currently the best game on the PS3...

The correct answer is Virtua Fighter 5.

Or the Ninja Gaiden Demo.

All 3 of these games will also be playable in some shape or form on the 360 as well. When looking at the software (y'know, the important stuff) it's getting increasingly harder to choose one over the other.

Well, NG is still a demo and I do think that Oblivion is superior to VF5 if you consider the amount of content included. All three are/will be great games though.

demondude
05-10-2007, 08:26 PM
Im a wii fan myself but the xbox360 is the best one of the 2 because it has a better game library

Discord
05-10-2007, 11:54 PM
Interesting. We really do have a 50/50 poll layout.