PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else feel exhausted after presenting something you like for someone else?

Peter_20
04-13-2007, 11:21 PM
Alright, this is so stupid, but the thing is: I like various things, and I really like to show them to people in my surroundings.
One time I showed a horror movie I liked for my mother, and I was sitting there feeling all proud and stuff - but after she'd seen it, I felt, well, exhausted.
I felt really nervous and worried whether she really liked it or not; and if someone turns out to dislike my interests, I almost take it personally.
I can feel really happy while I'm actually explaining the thing, but afterwards I feel really uncomfortable, as if I were talking much more than I should've done.
I don't necessarily do that, but I always get that feeling anyway.

I recently explained the grammatic rules for one of Tolkien's languages, the Tengwar, for one of my friends, and I was glad to hear that he thought the letters beautiful.
However, once we changed the subject I instantly felt really uncomfortable, and I blamed myself for talking about it in the first place.

Does anyone else feel the same? :p

oddler
04-13-2007, 11:24 PM
I sometimes get a little down when somebody doesn't like something as much as I do. I don't let it really get to me, though. Everybody's entitled to like what they want and I'm fine with that. :)

Peter_20
04-13-2007, 11:26 PM
I sometimes get a little down when somebody doesn't like something as much as I do. I don't let it really get to me, though. Everybody's entitled to like what they want and I'm fine with that. :)Heh, yeah that's right.

I usually feel pretty uncomfortable, though - twisted, or something.
I can't find a proper English word for this, so whatever. :D

samboo1
04-13-2007, 11:55 PM
Yeah im like that. I can never understand people when they dont like the things that i do, like say it was food then ok people have different tastes but if someone doesnt like a film that i love im weird and i cant understand why :eep:

As for the uncomfortable thing, i can really relate to that. The other day i was watching a film with my friend and i told her how great it was and everything then through the whole film i was always checking to see if she was watching it properly and if she just looked away from the screen for one minute i thought that she wasnt interested and then i was annoyed for a while.

Anyway...

TyphoonThaReapa
04-13-2007, 11:58 PM
A'yo I get that way when I'm talkin' about my story sometimes. Oh well, love it or hate it!:rolleyes2

Peter_20
04-14-2007, 12:39 AM
Yeah im like that. I can never understand people when they dont like the things that i do, like say it was food then ok people have different tastes but if someone doesnt like a film that i love im weird and i cant understand why :eep:

As for the uncomfortable thing, i can really relate to that. The other day i was watching a film with my friend and i told her how great it was and everything then through the whole film i was always checking to see if she was watching it properly and if she just looked away from the screen for one minute i thought that she wasnt interested and then i was annoyed for a while.

Anyway...Bingo, that's exactly what I mean.
It really feels uncomfortable if someone shows ambiguous signals whether (s)he likes your interest or not.

Oh well, I learnt my mother how to interpret binary numbers the other day, and it was really obvious that she was interested, because she just lightened up a lot and started asking me questions about it. :D
That was great.

Christmas
04-14-2007, 01:53 AM
I once carried my favourite pet buffalo to my friend and let him take a look and man I was exhausted carrying that hundred KG of weight all the way to him. :(

Vikeve
04-14-2007, 02:38 AM
as if I were talking much more than I should've done.

I always do that but I don't regret blabbing on its just a part of me and I love it when people just ask me to start tellinga story but it only encourages me from talking... a lot.

But I'm also used to people not having the same oppionon as me becuase most of the time they don't. A lot of my close friends don't even like the music or shows or video games I'm in to so it just doesn't come up. I just start talking about soemthing we both like. You shouldn't think about wether you talked to much or not its not like your friends are plotting against you or will ditch you once you say somethin wrong. I blab on here all the time especially when I'm tired and I have no impulse controle like at this moment I don't even know what I'm typing I just keep going and hope for the best. Then I forget about it and look back later and wonder why I posted about that.

Agrias
04-14-2007, 02:41 AM
I only feel uncomfortable if the topic goes from something in general to something personal that i dont want to talk about.

sockmonkey
04-14-2007, 05:23 AM
It's exhausting because exposing something personal about yourself is scary and thus emotionally draining and stressful.

This is like the hundredth time someone on this board someone has said something about themselves that also applies to me or that I can relate to.

(Now after revealing that I'm a little emotionally drained. See how that works?)