PDA

View Full Version : Makeup.

Zeldy
04-14-2007, 01:06 PM
For boys, do you like girls who wear makeup? or prefer it if they didn't? whats your preffered amount of makeup?

Girls, if you wear Makeup, what colours do you like to use? what products do you use? How does wearing Makeup make you feel?
Post pictures if you like.

Ive been doing Makeup for 2 years now, and I grew up with my Mother who is amazing at Makeup.
I use L'oreal True Match liquid foundation in Ivory.
On top of that, I use New York Color Pressed Face Powder, translucent.
For Blusher, I'll sometimes use my fluroescent pink eyeshadow, but only a tiny bit to give rosy pink cheeks. Often, though, I'll wear Natural Collection 'Blushed Cheeks'.
Liquid eyeliner and pencil eyeliner are a must.
For Mascara I can't really remember what I used as the name has worn off, some Rimmel one
I have quite an impressive amount of eyeshadow, and Ive recently (as in Yesterday) bought more Fluroescent eyeshadow from Stargazers. I strongly recommend Stargazer products if you wan't that "wow" factor.

The end result, is this (http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j20/Dynasty__2006/IMAG0027-3.jpg)
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j20/Dynasty__2006/lol-2.jpg

This was before a night out. Its starts Yellow, turns to Orange, then to Pink, Purple and then finally to Blue. I liked the orange underneath, though whenever I looked down all I could see was Orange :p

Drift
04-14-2007, 01:15 PM
depends on the girl imo, some girls are just pretty without makeup and dont need to put it on, but still look pretty if they do put it on. other girls *cough*chav*cough* put too much foundation on and look extremely pale and i'm like wtf.

Zeldy
04-14-2007, 01:23 PM
depends on the girl imo, some girls are just pretty without makeup and dont need to put it on, but still look pretty if they do put it on. other girls *cough*chav*cough* put too much foundation on and look extremely pale and i'm like wtf.

Im guilty of that. The being very pale thing, but thats strange the only Chavs I see make themselves orange.

Drift
04-14-2007, 01:36 PM
like extreme pale? pale face, pale lips and they hand over a fiver covered in foundation?

Resha
04-14-2007, 01:38 PM
I don't wear make-up at all :/ I mean, I dunno, I reckon I should sometimes but I just don't know how to apply stuff and can't be arsed to/don't really like gunk on my face. I abhor lipsticks, and the only make-up I really wear on rare occasion would be me ma's eyeliner =D But even that I used really sparingly, coz I look like a racoon.

And nailpolish, but that habit died out after years of persecution in school. :p

Your eye art is really beautiful, Zeldy-head. :) You dunnit yourself?

Zeldy
04-14-2007, 01:40 PM
I don't wear make-up at all :/ I mean, I dunno, I reckon I should sometimes but I just don't know how to apply stuff and can't be arsed to/don't really like gunk on my face. I abhor lipsticks, and the only make-up I really wear on rare occasion would be me ma's eyeliner =D But even that I used really sparingly, coz I look like a racoon.

And nailpolish, but that habit died out after years of persecution in school. :p

Your eye art is really beautiful, Zeldy-head. :) You dunnit yourself?

Thankyou! :] Yeah, I do all my own Makeup. I wear fluroescent nailpolish, and its banned in school. I get told off many many times, as I do for my Makeup too. I tone it down for school though, just sticking to green or black eyeshadow. Not fluroescent :p

Polaris
04-14-2007, 01:42 PM
Girls, if you wear Makeup, what colours do you like to use? what products do you use? How does wearing Makeup make you feel?
Post pictures if you like.

[/FONT]

I wera make up since I was 11 :p Just light blue, pink or brown! Maybe sometimes a white shadow, then rimel :rolleyes2 and pencil to line the eyes with black or blue.
For lips I usually use two lipsticks, one to make a line and another to colour the lip, I just use two lipstciks, brown and pink :p Then the outline colour changes :rolleyes2

make up doesn't make me feel special or anything like that it's just to make my eyes more deep or to accentuate the thickness of my lips!

Spiffing Cheese
04-14-2007, 02:01 PM
I wear eyeliner (probably too much) and mascara, and I don't bother with anything else. I'm too lazy :p The eyeliner I use is kinda liquid, but it's in a felt pen kinda thing. It's so awesome! xD

Breine
04-14-2007, 02:37 PM
I like it when girls wear makeup, just not when it's too much. I'm fond of the "natural look", where you can't necessarily see if the girl has makeup on or not.

As long as it's not over the top and too much I'm perfectly fine with it.

Alex151
04-14-2007, 02:39 PM
I don't like too much makeup on a women, but could go for some Mascara or whatever, just a little touch up.

Hazzard
04-14-2007, 02:41 PM
Yeah, just a little bit will do, but I hate it when some girls go overload. They touch their cheek and you see a big dab of makeup on their fingers. Then a streak across their face.

Comet
04-14-2007, 02:47 PM
Make-up is an illusion. You see a hot girl, and say you do sleep with her, next thing you know you are in bed with her in the morning, and she looks damn ugly.

Hazzard
04-14-2007, 03:03 PM
Make-up is an illusion. You see a hot girl, and say you do sleep with her, next thing you know you are in bed with her in the morning, and she looks damn ugly.

That's a bit harsh, and you deserve if it's a one night stand.

Rye
04-14-2007, 03:05 PM
I think when girls are around 12-14ish they do wear more makeup. I'm not sure why. Maybe because they feel they need it to look beautiful or what not. When I was younger, about that age, I wore it a lot. I dunno if it's confidence or laziness or both, but I only use a bit now. Basically, just a bit of powder cover up and mascara. I put on a bit more if it's a special occasion.

Pike
04-14-2007, 03:06 PM
I don't wear makeup.

I used to wear makeup when I was going to be somewhere for a while (like work); the only reason was because it covered up my acne. I would cover up the acne, put some powder on top, and that's all I ever wore. But I hated the way it made my face feel all coated and caked with stuff, and I hated just having to waste a couple of minutes putting it on or taking it off.

So, I quit wearing it. I still have acne that I wish wasn't there, but I don't care anymore to be honest, I just hate makeup XD

Comet
04-14-2007, 03:09 PM

That's a bit harsh, and you deserve if it's a one night stand.

It's not even harsh, it's true.

Sergeant Hartman
04-14-2007, 03:11 PM
It's ok, but not when you can cut it off their face with a knife.

Peegee
04-14-2007, 03:13 PM
I don't care about makeup. I care about perfume. The only women who can get perfume to work seems to be strippers, in my experience. The rest of you tend to either put on too much or use crappy perfumes.

And that's all I'm saying on the topic.

Misfit
04-14-2007, 04:09 PM
I wear eyeliner and mascara all the time. I use cover-up and stuff rarely, usually only if I'm going somewhere special. ;o

Rocket Edge
04-14-2007, 04:21 PM
Resha said it best when she called it an artform, your eyes that is. I don't know what i think about it, but it's certainly original.

I don't mind girl's wearing makeup, & alot of times it works really well. Wearing too much makeup is a major turnoff. Aswell as looking like your face is baked, it also makes me think they are trying to hide an unattractive feature.

The only makeup girls need to wear is mascara IMO. :monster:

Christmas
04-14-2007, 05:19 PM
Being Natural is beauty itself. :bigsmile:

Jess
04-14-2007, 06:05 PM
I used to wear so much more makeup than I do now.

On a normal day I'll wear some Rimmel Recover foundation, and a little eyeliner, mascara and some vaseline on my lips, and usually end up looking something like this:
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/5132/555om1.jpg

When I'm going out somewhere though, I'll wear quite a bit more:
http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/872/15074dn5.jpg

BarelySeeAtAll
04-14-2007, 06:08 PM
i had some black nail varnish on....but its from clairs accesories so i didnt expect it to last this long anyway...
black eyeliner- max factor kholl or something like that...it normally tries coming off by now but i put someon before i went out and now it looks darker than normal- the way i like it
i used to wear mascara but the sort i have/had (god knows where it is now) was useless and cloggy...so i dont anymore
if i want to look particularly dark some days i will nick my mums black eyeshadow and "carefully" put some of that...i only ever used to get told off for wearing too much of that by my mum...i just wanna look more me than what she thinks looks presentable...for gods sakes, i should have control of what goes on my face and around my eyes, right?
anyway, so thats what sort of stuff i wear xD

~*~Celes~*~
04-14-2007, 06:12 PM
Revlon 12 hour eye shadow in Stonewash Denim
Maybelline Volum' Express Mascara in Black
Avon Glimmersticks Eyeliner in Blackest Black
Rimmel Hydrasense concealer
Smackers Lip Sparkler, Celestial Strawberry Flavored =]

I just recently started wearing makeup, and it was because I just one day decided to have mom put some makeup on me, just for kicks (a couple of weeks before this last Christmas) and she put some eyeliner, eyeshadow, blush, and some liquid lip stick on me. I showed Alan and he was speechless. After a while, he finally was able to tell me that I looked extremely sexy :p So I decided to wear it more often.

Mom bought me some of my own stuff for Christmas and I've been wearing it ever since, only when talking to Alan though =D Here's some pictures:

Chloe.
04-14-2007, 07:03 PM
I've started wearing make up quite alot now, usually it's: Mascara, eyeliner, eyeshadow and occasionally lipgloss. I wear whatever colour that will go with the clothes that I'm wearing. :p Some days I can't be bothered to put any on though.

Oh and I always have to have nail varnish on...If I don't, I feel really weird. xD

And Zeldy, your make up looks really pretty. :) I wish mine would go that well. It looks terrible if I try to do anything like that. xD

Shlup
04-14-2007, 07:36 PM
Guys who say they don't like girls with make-up often don't realize that girls are wearing it.

My skintone is uneven, and my eyelashes are thin and blonde, so I put stuff all over my face to even it out, and eyeliner and mascara to make me look... not like a twelve-year-old boy.

I really like those liquid eyeliners that have the felt tip, like Sharpies. I think mine is Cover Girl.

Hazzard
04-14-2007, 07:45 PM
Can it sometimes be insecurity why you girls wear it, or is just to look nice and feel good?

Reles
04-14-2007, 08:15 PM
I do not wear makeup because... 1) It makes my face feel icky really fast and my skin breaks out 2) I'm blond and really pale so if I wear makeup, no matter if it's a light brown, it still looks overpowering. 3) I prefer the natural look. 4) Most people say they prefer me without it and 5) I think I look a ton better without any. 6) I'm lazy.

I promise you I don't feel this way because I don't know how to properly apply makeup, that's not true. I have had people who are professionally good at it try to put makeup on me and I still look better without it. *shrug* Fine with me though. Although I admit when my hair was a dark red, makeup was a must because I did look better in it. But now that I'm back to my natural color (blond) it looks weird.

Anyway...pictures!

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b271/shaleadarkin/mirror2.jpg (without)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/releslenohea/Camera/Imag0149_edited.jpg (with)

samboo1
04-14-2007, 09:39 PM
I always wear eyeliner and mascara, no matter where im going, but when im going to a party or something ill put eye shadow on. Im not a big fan of lip sticks/glosses, they annoy me, and they say anyway if you put a lot on the eyes you should keep your lips bare, so im ok. I never wear foundations and things because they make hardly a difference and make me break out in spots...

Vikeve
04-14-2007, 11:08 PM
I normally don't put that much on but if I do it blends and just sorta brightens up my skin but nothing more. If I did try to put that much on I know I would fail misrubly.

rubah
04-14-2007, 11:12 PM
I am wearing makeup right now because it's Prom night and I want to look extra gorgeous, but it's too much of a hassle to do it every night.

scrumpleberry
04-14-2007, 11:23 PM
I practise makeupping sometimes...then take it all off five minuites later.

Generally I just wear a little when going out, and try to keep it natural, esp. for school, but sometimes I do everything in really dark colours :P. What I use depends on what I'm wearing and where I'm going ,but i am obsessed with bourjois and mac.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
04-15-2007, 12:25 AM
I only wear eyeliner. I seldom wear anything else, cause really, I'm THAT lazy. xD. The only reason I wear eyeliner is because I'm used to it. :D

Zeldy
04-15-2007, 12:31 AM
Can it sometimes be insecurity why you girls wear it, or is just to look nice and feel good?
Most definatly. Ive tried not wearing as much Makeup as I do, as frankly, I can't afford it. My foundation is £8 a bottle, and I go through 1 every 2 or so months, and I usually don't have £8 spare and then I go CRAZY. I went one day without Foundation as I had ran out, and was unable to get any and I wen't beserk. I felt even shyier than I do normally, and Im very shy, I hardly looked anyone in the eye as I felt ashamed.

kikimm
04-15-2007, 01:30 AM
Guys who say they don't like girls with make-up often don't realize that girls are wearing it.

Seriously. You people just like the illusion of natural. >=(

And I agree with Rye. I wore a ton of makeup, and often, when I was that age. Ugh. Ever since then, though, I go through long periods of wearing it, and then long periods of being too lazy to bother with it. Right now I wear it, because looking at my face without it is just...*shudder* But I don't put on loads; just enough to make things somewhat better. Although I do wear eyeliner almost everyday. :drool:

Shiny
04-15-2007, 02:05 AM
I'm too lazy and uncaring to have time for makeup. The most I've ever worn is when I was experimenting with my mom's makeup when I was seven.

escobert
04-15-2007, 02:13 AM
I don't care. I'd rather she not wear :skull::skull::skull::skull:tons but I can survive.

Leen-Leen
04-15-2007, 02:13 AM
I don't need makeup. I have natural beauty.

Actually, I don't wear 'bold' makeup because ... to tell the truth, my school doesn't allow you to wear that kind of makeup to school. And since I'm forced to spend, like, the whole week there, I just don't wear it at all. I only put eyeliner because I'm too lazy to put on anything else then wash it off at the end of the day.

Agrias
04-15-2007, 02:16 AM
I wear makeup cause i'm not secure with my natural features. I hit my face on a diving board and i'm very self conscious about scars that still can be seen on my face. I wear all kinds of eyeshadow colors but on my slow days i just put on cover up, eyeliner, and mascara with a bit of lip gloss.

Doomie
04-15-2007, 03:30 AM
Some people look really hot with make-up. Some really don't. However, I think mascara is a must. If she has really hot eyes, I'm usually almost immediately attracted.

sockmonkey
04-15-2007, 05:37 AM
My view on it is the same as my view on hair coloring: Either go with something subtle enough to appear natural or something sharp enough so that it's clearly not attempting to look natural.

Hot or cold girls, pick one and run with it.:cool:

Mirage
04-15-2007, 06:01 AM
You two girls look way too non-nerdy to be playing computer games.

Agrias
04-15-2007, 06:04 AM

hot on special occasions.......cold every other day! -thumbs up-

~*~Celes~*~
04-15-2007, 06:26 AM

XD Cold must be once a month, I'm guessing.

Agrias
04-15-2007, 06:28 AM

XD Cold must be once a month, I'm guessing.

LMAO! not eeeveryday is a special occasion, just every time i'm seen in broad daylight! ;o

final fantasy is stinky
04-15-2007, 06:37 AM
I like it wen girls wear makeup but not too much. well it depends it looks like you put quite a bit of makeup on and it looks good cuz of all the different colors. but wen girls do just black and a ton of it that a no no lol:love:

Tifa Valentine
04-15-2007, 06:43 AM
I first started wearing make up when I was 16. I used to over do it big time with the eyeliner, mascara, eye shadow, etc. Eventually I realized how ugly it was and I missed seeing my original face. Now I go for a much more natural look and everyone says I look much better.

Evastio
04-16-2007, 02:24 AM
I prefer girls wearing no makeup. I honestly don't get how makeup is suppose to make girls look prettier.

Tallulah
04-16-2007, 10:12 AM
I have acne rosacea, an inherited condition (my mother and my aunt have it much worse than me, though mine is kept in check with the Pill) which makes my nose, cheeks, forehead (especially between the eyebrows) and to a lesser extent, my chin, look horribly red, so I have to wear make-up to make me look human. Problem is, I have greasy skin, and don't wear primer or powder (I know I should, but I'm too poor/lazy to get any), it slides off by the end of the day. Also, my rosacea is flaring up at the moment, probably my dealing with horrible chemicals in my cleaning job, or the fact I am using rubbish soap which dries out my skin. Anyhow, my left cheek has the characteristic lumps on it, and looks hideous, but presentable with make-up on. I am still self-conscious.

I like Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse in Ivory, the lightest shade, but was disappointed with their Superstay 16 Hour in the same shade. Whilst it did stay, it's too dark for my rather pale complexion. I suppose it will do for the summer, because luckily my face goes a bit browner then.

I hardly ever wear eye make-up (eyeliner and eyeshadow), but I've started wearing mascara quite regularly, because my boyfriend has nicer eyelashes than me! :mad2:

Anaisa
04-16-2007, 11:02 AM
I wear very little eye make-up, I think I look better with just a little on. I usually just use mascara. If I want to make my eyes look nicer I prefer to wear coloured contacts or use lash extensions then wear eyeshadow or eyeliner. I like lipstick though. I usually wear pink or red. I like blusher too, but only in pink. I change the products I use regularly, I usually don't stick to one. I don't wear foundation anymore. Sometimes I'll put some powder on though. I like wearing make-up because it makes me look better, but I'd prefer to look good enough without it again so I don't have to bother wearing it unless I want to. An as for men who criticize what women look like without make-up, I suggest they take a good long look in the mirror. Most of them have terrible skin tone, are butt ugly anyway, an they can't even shave properly. At least women can improve themselves with make-up, where as they're stuck being hideous 24/7.

Nominus Experse
04-16-2007, 12:05 PM
I wear a faint bit of eyeliner.

I adore eye make-up on women. However, it is rather absurd when there is a mask of makeup rather than a compliment to the face. I prefer to gaze upon a women with a more subtle makeup scheme that strengthens her attributes, rather than hide her faults via a caked mask.

Some women can achieve this with inly a bit of eyeliner, or simply a bit of faint shadow and mascara.

Personally, I enjoy women with a just a touch of eye shadow and mascara.

Dr. Acula
04-16-2007, 12:12 PM
I never wear make-up, not even on special occasions, save for a tiny bit of lipgloss (even then, I hardly ever wear the stuff). The main reason I don't wear make-up is because I'm lazy, and the other reason is I don't have any except for lipgloss. I should probably wear concealer to hide those damn volcanoes on my face (people like making nasty comments about those) but meh, I'd probably forget to use it even if I had some.

Rantz
04-16-2007, 12:20 PM
For me it's really up to the girl. Who am I to say she should or shouldn't? However, I realize that this is about opinions, and my opinion is that a modest amount of makeup can look good sometimes, but I prefer a natural face (no, not the 'illusion of natural', just plain natural :)).

Essência
04-16-2007, 05:19 PM
Sometimes, I use pencil and lipgloss.

fire_of_avalon
04-16-2007, 06:19 PM
Today I am not wearing make up. I normally only wear a bit of light brown eyeshadow and black mascara. If I'm dressing up nice or my face is angry with me, I might wear a bit of foundation and powder.

Faris
04-17-2007, 12:10 AM
I try to avoid having to put on make-up as much as I possibly can. I absolutely detest the feeling of it on my face. Personally, I like the look of my face without make-up. When I do wear make up, usually for a party or ceremony where I get to dress up in a gown, I usually put on soft tones to match my skin colour, just to have that "glow" look.

Araciel
04-17-2007, 06:38 AM
i like girls.

makeup is of no consequence unless she reminds me of a clown :S

louby_4eva
04-17-2007, 09:37 PM
I've never worn any foundation, it's bad for your skin and I'm not that insecure. i like wearing mascara and eye liner, getting the dark eyes look - Iri helped me with that a LONG time ago - but only on a night out. :D :D :D

I don't like it when girls that aren't even in their teens are wearing make-up. It's like they've lost their innocence, especially the girls that dress like tarts, it disheartens me to think that we've programmed children into thinking they need it to look pretty when they don't.

Smile and Be happy :love: