PDA

View Full Version : what do you think?

Vincent Valentine 007
04-14-2007, 06:04 PM
this game has been out for a while the reaction was good and bad i think after the hype it got quite a bit of praise what does everyone think about it now?

BarelySeeAtAll
04-15-2007, 09:10 PM
i still like the game no matter how much **** it got...
like i said on my thread, maybe you would see what i thought on it :)
generally, so far (i know, i havent yet finished it yet) its great, though, it really needs harder enemies or maybe i need to put it onto hard, who knows?

Vincent Valentine 007
04-16-2007, 08:00 PM
hard mode is much harder and very hard is great!

Setzer Gabianni
04-20-2007, 09:27 PM
It's average. Nothing amazing. But if you're like a major Vincent lover, you'll drool over it.

Nominus Experse
04-25-2007, 06:36 AM
Mediocre

It was entertaining, but it failed to be as fulfilling as other games in this genre.

Zechs
04-25-2007, 06:58 AM
I enjoyed it, Though I still can't shake the feeling it would have been better as a movie though.

Roogle
04-26-2007, 11:55 PM
I have not played Dirge of Cerberus, but I believe the reception that it received was lukewarm. I have read about the topic on a few gaming statistic and gaming news websites and this seems the concensus.

It still fared better than most games.

Mercen-X
04-27-2007, 11:04 PM
It's a fairly well-put-together installment in the VII Compilation. If you're considering it's "Shooter" value, don't bother. There are much better games. I loved the movies. They should have gone ahead and made Advent Children the game and Dirge of Cerberus the movie. That would have worked a lot better IMO.

Omni-Odin
05-02-2007, 04:15 PM
It would have been a good movie. However, finally getting the chance to play as Vincent as a 3rd/1st Person Shooter is great. Plus, I thought it was a well-drawn out story with Final Fantasy graphics. I've played this game many times and still find it enjoyable.

ROCK ON VINCENT!!!

TRANS_AM409
05-04-2007, 02:59 PM
I thought it was a pretty good game i enjoyed it my only major complaint is why cant i do the stuff he does in the cut scenes while im playing. *tear*

Ko Ko
05-05-2007, 06:53 PM
I dont know how to get past first mission. :/ The graphics are good and all. But it's difficult, for me at least. I suck at shooting games.

Fatal Impurity
05-10-2007, 02:00 PM
I think its pretty good for a TPS especially with the weapon customisation and great bosses!

James Leopold
05-11-2007, 06:15 PM
I really enjoyed it, thought th gameplay was fun and really liked the whole Vincent's backstory stuff. Cutscenes were amazing

10-Breaker
05-16-2007, 04:42 PM
I like the game, but it should have more space to move. Like jumping from roof to roof killing everyone like hidden soldiers and stuff.
Still I liked the idea of 3rd person shooting FF. Refreshing I'd say.

Bashini
06-12-2007, 04:20 PM
For a first attempt at a first person shooter game by the Final Fantasy staff it was fairly good. The plot was decent, but the constant Lucrecia "I'm sorry" routine became repetitive and unnecessary by the end of the game. The rock song at the end of the game should have been translated and performed in English for the American release.

GuitarGuy1181
06-18-2007, 12:57 AM
Im considering getting this, especially now that the price has went down..

cloud21zidane16
06-19-2007, 02:03 AM
I really enjoyed it, thought th gameplay was fun and really liked the whole Vincent's backstory stuff. Cutscenes were amazing

Same as what i think, it is a great game:greenie:

Amin_Strife
07-15-2007, 01:24 PM
Very dissapointed. FMVs are it's saving grace. They look great. However the gameplay is terrible really..wow so you can shoot at enemies..AND a barrel that will explode! and that's it -_-. It has nice graphics but the environments are bland most of the time. Don't get me started about the music. I can't find a single memorable track. At least remix some of the FFVII tunes. And while Vincent's backstory was interesting..all the other characters like Azul, Nero etc. just were uninspired and seemed totally out of place. And while the gameplay might be the worst part of it all...i don't like it mainly because i never feel like i'm in the FFVII world. Especially when I walk in the Shinra HQ..i feel more like playing Syphon Filter than FFVII. A real shame and definitely the worst entry in the Compilation of FFVII.

The black mage
07-16-2007, 10:20 PM
I got this on tuesday. Finished it the next day.
It was an amazing game but ended too quickly. Still doing a second play through and the extra missions.

loved the last fight like.

ROCK ON VINCENT!!!

couln't of put it better my self

EDIT: Just remeberd that **** stelf section. i hate that part. its an insult to MGS

Rikushomegirl7
10-18-2007, 10:56 PM
I loved the game! It was awesome!

the only problem is it was two short :(

MKusanagi
11-02-2007, 06:01 PM
Yeah, like in the poll earlier Resi 4 got so much :skull::skull::skull::skull: but I still enjoy it. DOC was given alot of :skull::skull::skull::skull: too but I just enjoy the gameplay and the fluidity and grace of Vincent's movements is a cool thing to watch. I enjoyed the game for 3 reasons:
1. Great storyline. It really develops Vince as a person.
2. The gameplay was very enjoyable not because it was easy but because it was fun to play a FF character in such a different way and watch his cool moves.
3. The CGI was spectacular (Square Enix? Thank you.)
4. I love the fact that Vince had his own game.

And yes, I know I said 3 reasons. I lied. Get over it.

Vincent Valentine 007
02-22-2008, 05:40 PM
So does everyone agree that the main problem with the game was that it was too short???

Quindiana Jones
02-23-2008, 10:23 PM
I think it was too short, yes. But this thread is old now. :(