PDA

View Full Version : most loved

Vincent Valentine 007
04-14-2007, 06:07 PM
do you think Final Fantasy 7 is one of the most loved games of all time? i do their hasn’t been many games that touch you a way a film can even with the dated graphics it still does it for me what does everyone else think?

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
04-14-2007, 07:21 PM
the first time i ever played it i thought that it was truly awesome and i loved every second of it, and yes the storyline moved me. after having p[layed through it twelvety times the story isnt quite as moving as it once was (no surprises :() but i still think it is an awesome game. POWER TO FF7!!!

Adam 77
04-14-2007, 08:39 PM
indeed even from today it is still my favourite Final Fantasy nothing can compare to this game, please square remake this game for PS3!!!! :D

Alex151
04-15-2007, 01:55 AM
Compared to all the games, with graphics 20x better than itself, I'd still say it's one of the best out there.

Dr. Acula
04-15-2007, 10:16 AM
Yeah, it's my favourite FF, and for good reason too. The story was original and moving. The characters were all different, making them very interesting to play as, and I felt like I got to know them. The graphics... well, you can't say they're good, but the FMVs were really good graphics for its time. All in all, an awesome game.:D

Vincent Valentine 007
04-15-2007, 11:26 AM
I have just started playing it again I haven’t played it for about 2 years! If anyone has this game and hasn’t played it for a while play it, it’s a work of art.

ReloadPsi
04-15-2007, 01:19 PM
Okay, that's one wacky coincidence in your name there. The first time I played through FF7, I gave the characters ridiculous names. Vincent was called 007.

This is my favourite game of all time, and don't any of you forget it!

Hazzard
04-15-2007, 02:34 PM
It's good, but it's not the best. Maybe 2nd or 3rd for me. First is X, then XII and then VII

Vincent Valentine 007
04-15-2007, 08:24 PM
each to his own but considering Final Fantasy 7 is 10 years old it probably gets the most posts on this site.

TRANS_AM409
04-15-2007, 09:51 PM
i love it man

Breine
05-02-2007, 09:15 PM
Basically, yeah. Ten years after it's release it's still very hyped and loved, and it truly is a great game, but let's face it - in the end it's probably not the best FF out there.

The hype probably has something to do with the fact that it was Square's first Final Fantasy game on the PlayStation (they jumped from Nintendo to Sony because of the fact that Sony decided to make their games on discs, whereas Nintendo decided to stay with the block-like thingys, which were reportedly difficult making games for), and that it was the first big RPG on the - at the time - new consoles. The fact that it is a very good game also helped of course.

But, yeah.. I think that's it's generally considered as one of the best games ever (along with titles like The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Tekken 3, SoulBlade, Metal Gear Solid, Super Mario 64 etc. etc.)

Bolivar
05-03-2007, 04:10 PM
Basically, yeah. Ten years after it's release it's still very hyped and loved, and it truly is a great game, but let's face it - in the end it's probably not the best FF out there.

The hype probably has something to do with the fact that it was Square's first Final Fantasy game on the PlayStation (they jumped from Nintendo to Sony because of the fact that Sony decided to make their games on discs, whereas Nintendo decided to stay with the block-like thingys, which were reportedly difficult making games for), and that it was the first big RPG on the - at the time - new consoles. The fact that it is a very good game also helped of course.

But, yeah.. I think that's it's generally considered as one of the best games ever (along with titles like The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Tekken 3, SoulBlade, Metal Gear Solid, Super Mario 64 etc. etc.)

if you were a gamer at the time, you wouldn't have to guess.

FFVII changed gaming. most games on PS1 were still 2D, and just like X did a few years later, it was the game that really showed how much the system could do.

the incorporation of FMV's to advance the story was unlike anything we'd ever seen. it really blew our minds.

When you played FFVII, you felt apart of gaming history. not to mention it had a great story and a flexible ability system, it's no wonder it gets praised as the greatest game of all time, and deeply despised by the FFVI fanboys

Setzer Gabianni
05-03-2007, 04:19 PM
It's not my most loved now, but the story is pretty flawless. Thing is, it's not even in my top five anymore..

joshua2412
05-03-2007, 04:26 PM
I started playing Final Fantasy with I on NES, and played IV and VI and VII and VIII all when they came out.

Tactics however was by far my favorite. Since then I've played V, and III which I also love due to the job systems, which is one of the great things about tactics.

I also think Tactics is the best story from Final Fantasy, and although VII was good, it didn't appeal to my love of castles and medieval settings like the older ones did. That's just me though.

I remember my friends little brother who watched me playing it when i first got it, and he was about 10 or so at the time, and he went ballistic, thought it was the greatest game of all time, i bet he still does.

Also compared to the Ocarina of Time, i'd say that VII comes up a little short on gameplay and graphics, but trumps it story wise.

Oh yeah, I still remember the 1st cut scene of Midgar...and thinking Holy Schnikey's...it was awesome.