PDA

View Full Version : KH2: WTF is wrong with Mickey?

MikeL Valentine
04-14-2007, 06:44 PM
How the hell does Mickey come, do I need any item or something to come?
I'm stuck near the end I just can't beat that bastard(don't remember name) without Mickey to revive me.

So what do I need to do so that Mickey will come to aid me?
Do I need any item or something and if yes where can I find it?

Marshall Banana
04-14-2007, 07:28 PM
I've always assumed that he comes at random.

Clawsze
04-14-2007, 07:34 PM
I've always assumed that he comes at random.

He only comes at certain battles, including Xaldin.

When you lose to these characters, Mickey will appear if it is your first time dying and the chances of him appearing are

100%=1st time dead
50%= 2nd
25%=3rd or more deaths

MikeL Valentine
04-14-2007, 07:41 PM
Right now I'm fighting with that guy with the gunlike weapons in the Castle where you find Kairi, but Mickey doesn't come and I always lose near the goddamn very end when he needs something like one - three more compos :mad2:

Hazzard
04-14-2007, 07:57 PM
Oh yeah, I know it's possible to get Mickz in that battle, cause I did. Just follow the rule that Clawze advised, and commit suicide; meaning let yourself die and see if it works at the end.

MikeL Valentine
04-14-2007, 08:04 PM
Oh yeah, I know it's possible to get Mickz in that battle, cause I did. Just follow the rule that Clawze advised, and commit suicide; meaning let yourself die and see if it works at the end.

I have lost more than ten times and Mickey never came :mad2:

Hazzard
04-14-2007, 08:13 PM
Lol, I know, that guy's so cool that you just want to keep fighting him. I'm a fan of Xigbar's voice. Anyway, just whack and smack him, and always keep an eye on the reaction commands. Keep healing your characters, and transform only into Golden form. I dont know why, but it helped at the end of the battle.

Clawsze
04-14-2007, 09:03 PM
Actually, the only battle in TWTNW is the first battle when Xemnas is wearing that armour......

Ouch!
04-14-2007, 09:22 PM
I'm pretty sure that Mickey won't save your ass from Xigbar.

Ace14
04-14-2007, 09:28 PM
You could always try and get the Final Form during the fight, you have a better chance of that happening than mickey coming.

Tavrobel
04-14-2007, 09:32 PM
He appears randomly during certain boss fights. He cannot kill enemies. If he is wounded during combat, instead of reviving everyone, he will simply heal Sora slightly.

Shan-Yu (Land of Dragons)
Storm Rider (Land of Dragons)
Dark Stalker (Beast's Castle)
Black Thorn (Beast's Castle)
Xaldin (Beast's Castle)
Cerberus (Olympus Coliseum)
Hydra (Olympus Coliseum)
Volcanic Lord and Blizzard Lord (Agrabah)
Grim Reaper (Port Royal)
Xemnas (in Armor, before the Flying Dragon fight)
*This is not my list, this is a list compiled from multiple sources

His percentages appear more like this, based on continues taken from last save:
1 Continue or less, 100%
2 Continues, 80%
3 Continues, 64%
4+ Continues, 50%

All of this information is stolen from an outside source. Flame me! This source is the SS section! MUAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

He doesn't save you from Xigbar. Or Saïx. Nor Luxord, because Luxord is too awesome.

Ace14
04-14-2007, 09:55 PM
I wonder, how come he can't save you if you die from just a normal heartless or nobody?

Tavrobel
04-14-2007, 10:06 PM
Because it's not worth the effort. Or the animation. And frankly, I just don't think Mickey gives enough of a damn to save Sora if he dies from a "regular" enemy. He's no Keyblade bearer! He's just a n00b.

Ace14
04-14-2007, 10:29 PM
lol oh yeah that makes sense.

Clawsze
04-14-2007, 10:48 PM
I'm pretty sure that Mickey won't save your ass from Xigbar.

I have checked many a places.....none mention Mickey saving you from Xigbar ass-raping you.

Tavrobel
04-14-2007, 10:55 PM
I have checked many a places.....none mention Mickey saving you from Xigbar ass-raping you.

He doesn't save you from Xigbar.

Thank you, fail again.

MikeL Valentine
04-14-2007, 11:09 PM
So if I understood correctly from all this spam :D Mickey doesn't come in this fight right?
Oh well I guess I'll have to try a little harder. :mad:

Hazzard
04-14-2007, 11:28 PM
You could always just beat the crap out of him. Well of course, Xigbar ain't no push over, like Demyx.

Clawsze
04-15-2007, 09:09 AM
You could always just beat the crap out of him. Well of course, Xigbar ain't no push over, like Demyx.

Or spam Reflect.....just a hint for n00bs....all you need, at the most, is X, O or in the worst case scenario, Triangle and Cure.....But thats if you're really stuggling.

MikeL Valentine
04-15-2007, 10:06 AM

Or spam Reflect.....just a hint for n00bs....all you need, at the most, is X, O or in the worst case scenario, Triangle and Cure.....But thats if you're really stuggling.

Well the O and X don't really help because he is moving all the time and you always lose track of him also there are those gunlike things he is holding that doesn't give you much space to move around so you also need to use R1 ;)

MikeL Valentine
04-15-2007, 02:45 PM
I can't beat that BASTARD!!:mad2:
At one stage when you fight him you apear in a small quarter and he starts firing from all around, is it even possible to avoid that? This is where I ALWAYS lose to that fucking :skull::skull::skull::skull:!!!!:mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

Please tell me if it's possible I can't stand it anymore I was playing at least two hours and every single time I lose at this point of the fight.

Yliette
04-15-2007, 03:07 PM
I can't beat that BASTARD!!:mad2:
At one stage when you fight him you apear in a small quarter and he starts firing from all around, is it even possible to avoid that? This is where I ALWAYS lose to that smurfing :skull::skull::skull::skull:!!!!:mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

Please tell me if it's possible I can't stand it anymore I was playing at least two hours and every single time I lose at this point of the fight.

LOL! That's how I first got pwned by Xigbar! During my second try what I did is before he starts firing all over (which you can tell), I stop hitting him and start running around the area in a clockwise (or counter, however you see fit) direction. That's how I avoided it. Hope this helps. :D

And if Mickey does appear in the Organization XIII boss fights in World That Never Was, it would have made the game way too easy.

In my file Mickey appeared twice when I was battling Xaldin. I wanted to keep it 0 though. :mad: IMO Xaldin is the 2nd most arduous Organization XIII member next to Xemnas.

Hazzard
04-15-2007, 03:18 PM
Why don't you just use the reaction commands?
You know how easier the battle is, if you do that?

(Warp Snipe)

Angi-Kaiser
04-15-2007, 03:57 PM
What level are you on? More over, have you leveled up your forms? I found that having the highjump and glide abilities make the battle much easier, and if you're around level 65, it should be an easy battle.

MikeL Valentine
04-15-2007, 04:11 PM
Why don't you just use the reaction commands?
You know how easier the battle is, if you do that?

(Warp Snipe)

Δ is my fav button I use it every time ;)
I'm not stuck where he fires that rockets I'm stuck in another stage, you probably didn't notice it.

What level are you on? More over, have you leveled up your forms? I found that having the highjump and glide abilities make the battle much easier, and if you're around level 65, it should be an easy battle.

I'm lvl 43 and yes I have leveled my forms.
I just can't make it out when I fight with "bullets" in every game I've played :p

Tavrobel
04-15-2007, 04:24 PM
I'm lvl 43 and yes I have leveled my forms.
I just can't make it out when I fight with "bullets" in every game I've played :p

You should be fine at level 43.

You could, you know try avoiding the bullets by Gliding, Dodging, running, or using the Reflect series of spells.

Just stay on the ground as long as you can, and stay healed.

Hazzard
04-15-2007, 05:39 PM
No, keep jumping around and whacking in mid-air with the specialized air combos. Level up to 50-55, you're too low. Isn't it even advised on the fact file of the world to be level 50?

Clawsze
04-15-2007, 05:55 PM
No, keep jumping around and whacking in mid-air with the specialized air combos. Level up to 50-55, you're too low. Isn't it even advised on the fact file of the world to be level 50?

Now we wait for Tavvy to burn you....

Tavrobel
04-15-2007, 06:07 PM
Isn't it even advised on the fact file of the world to be level 50?

If you're incapable of connecting your thumb to a piece of plastic repeatedly, then yes.

Clawsze, you're killing me here.

Clawsze
04-15-2007, 06:16 PM
sorry

Hazzard
04-15-2007, 07:18 PM
Isn't it even advised on the fact file of the world to be level 50?

If you're incapable of connecting your thumb to a piece of plastic repeatedly, then yes.

Clawsze, you're killing me here.

HEY, I done it at level 43, and had no complaints, and just wording it up for the fella

Ace14
04-15-2007, 07:47 PM
or if you get extremly fed up just buy a game shark and cheat at that one part. :D Unless you already have one and you aren't using it... then use it!

Hazzard
04-15-2007, 07:55 PM
If you need to cheat at KH2, then that's really pathetic.

Clawsze
04-15-2007, 08:37 PM
If you need to cheat at KH2, then that's really pathetic.

He IS right...

Markus. D
04-16-2007, 09:40 AM
O_O

I wanna play through just to see Mickey pwn for me!

MikeL Valentine
04-16-2007, 05:49 PM
O_O

Yeah sure......whatever......

Ok guy and gals thanks for the help.
I just left ended all the worlds that I haven't (they were fun acually while I thought I would be bored) I returned lvl 45 and I just beat the crup outta him with the first try, he wasn't big deal in the end. :rolleyes2

I finished the game and I was a little dissapointed by Xesmas (final boss) he was waaaaaaay easier than Xigbar I beat him easily with my first try but the game is awesome I really enjoyed it, certainly one of the greatest games ever created :cool:

I hope there will be a KH3 soon :D

Clawsze
04-16-2007, 06:14 PM
O_O

Yeah sure......whatever......

Ok guy and gals thanks for the help.
I just left ended all the worlds that I haven't (they were fun acually while I thought I would be bored) I returned lvl 45 and I just beat the crup outta him with the first try, he wasn't big deal in the end. :rolleyes2

I finished the game and I was a little dissapointed by Xesmas (final boss) he was waaaaaaay easier than Xigbar I beat him easily with my first try but the game is awesome I really enjoyed it, certainly one of the greatest games ever created :cool:

you will have to wait like the rest of us....

Hazzard
04-16-2007, 06:22 PM

Indeed, patience is a virtue, as they say...MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Seriously, were you on easy mode when you fought him, or the Big Boy's level? Maybe you slummed it with the average, what mode was it?

Mercen-X
04-16-2007, 08:28 PM
transform only into Golden.Master Form.

Because it's not worth the effort. Or the animation. And frankly, I just don't think Mickey gives enough of a damn to save Sora if he dies from a "regular" enemy. He's no Keyblade bearer! He's just a n00b.Rather, you'd prove yourself a noob if you were owned by a Heartless.

No, keep jumping around and whacking in mid-air with the specialized air combos.

LOL! That's how I first got pwned by Xigbar! During my second try what I did is before he starts firing all over (which you can tell), I stop hitting him and start running around the area in a clockwise (or counter, however you see fit) direction.That's opposite whatever direction he's firing in, not whatever direction you see fit. You'll die that way. Reflect is bull:skull::skull::skull::skull:.

I hope there will be a KH3 soon :DAgreed on all three points.

SeeDRankLou
04-16-2007, 09:58 PM
Such high standards. :tongue:

Tavrobel
04-16-2007, 10:30 PM
HEY, I done it at level 43, and had no complaints, and just wording it up for the fella

Don't ever listen to SquareEnix. Ever.

Such high standards. :tongue:

Only as high as Normal mode. Except Chaos Sanctuary. That place just plain sucks.

Hazzard
04-17-2007, 12:34 AM
Your really lack in talent in KH, if you can't play proud mode or at least normal. Easy mode is just disgusting.

PuPu
04-17-2007, 12:59 AM
Easy mode is just disgusting.
Definitely true.

A person I know played KH1 and decided to play KH2 on Easy when he first started. It turns out Easy Mode was the only one he could beat Sephiroth on.

By the way, how easy is Sephy on Easy Mode?

Fonzie
04-17-2007, 01:01 AM
Your really lack in talent in KH, if you can't play proud mode or at least normal. Easy mode is just disgusting.

Even on Proud mode, the entire game could be considered "easy mode".

Tavrobel
04-17-2007, 01:21 AM
A lack of platforming makes Jesus cry me vomit in horror and rage.

Hazzard
04-17-2007, 02:05 AM

Even on Proud mode, the entire game could be considered "easy mode".

I have to admit, I haven't beaten Sephiroth yet though.

When I start a game, I usually just play either normal or hard. It's best then, instead of playing with infant toys in a cot at baby mode.

SeeDRankLou
04-17-2007, 03:46 AM
Only as high as Normal mode. Except Chaos Sanctuary. That place just plain sucks.
You and your melee characters. Pick the staff man :tongue:

MikeL Valentine
04-17-2007, 12:39 PM

Indeed, patience is a virtue, as they say...MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Seriously, were you on easy mode when you fought him, or the Big Boy's level? Maybe you slummed it with the average, what mode was it?

I finished it on average mode like I do with all games exept if they are not chalenging at all, so Hard mode is my mode.

Btw. dificulty modes are stupid for RPGs they just don't fit, there should be a standard mode.

I have to admit, I haven't beaten Sephiroth yet though.

Where do I fight Sephiroth, I finished all the worlds or so I think and I never found Sephiroth exept when he meets up with Cloud.
I never fought him.

Tavrobel
04-17-2007, 08:11 PM

My Level 89 Druid Level 99 Keyblade Master can beat your Rabies Shafeshifter any day!

Chaosfan84
04-17-2007, 09:09 PM
seprioth ain't too hard:mad: i beat him on my second go( on proud mode).
(ps. mickey appears against the Thresholder at the start of the game)

Hazzard
04-17-2007, 09:27 PM
He's in the Dark depths, right after the save point in the crystal place.

SeeDRankLou
04-17-2007, 10:32 PM

My Level 89 Druid Level 99 Keyblade Master can beat your Rabies Shafeshifter any day!
Please, you wouldn't even come near my Level 85 Keyblade Mage before he tore you apart. You complain (well comment at least, I'm not sure it's a complaint) that this is a button masher game. It really doesn't have to be depending on how you play it. There's a lot of room for customizing your attack pattern that you miss out on my finishing the game at such a low level as you do. Magic goes a long way in this game, and it's very easy to throw magic into your attacks. Beating the game in your higher 40's, you are missing out on some pretty snazzy square button moves, not to mention the forms come with their own square button moves. But alas, stick to the simple melee and all you get is melee, which only require one button.

Tavrobel
04-17-2007, 10:35 PM
LOL Dodge Slash, nukka! With even one Negative Combo, that puts my Guard Break and Explosion at the next hit, and both cause stun and broken guard! Reflect for the win!

Like a mage, I can spam, too.

On a serious note, you don't need magic, one because the cost is prohibitively expensive. As Cure heal amount is based on remaning MP, you need all that you can get. Not only that, there is no special bonus to making a Magic build, because there is no permanent bonus. Once you hit higher levels with more Magic-based abilities, it becomes easier to maintain, but then and only then. I also spurn Limits and Summons.

You can use the shoulder buttons or the Magic menu, and still only use the X button.

Not only that, Magic Shot only homes in on a location so much, and the projectile speed is rather slow.

SeeDRankLou
04-17-2007, 10:39 PM
Two words: Melee Range.

Tavrobel
04-17-2007, 10:41 PM
At least KH doesn't have Iron Maiden. Then I'm screwed.

SeeDRankLou
04-17-2007, 11:19 PM
Or Poison. In fact a lot of things, Fire/Cold/Lightning Enchanted would suck. Of course having something like Second Chance in D2 would be nice.

Spammerman
04-17-2007, 11:47 PM
I wonder, how come he can't save you if you die from just a normal heartless or nobody?

Because, if you die by a normal heartless or nobody, you deserve to die.

SeeDRankLou
04-18-2007, 12:11 AM
On a serious note, you don't need magic, one because the cost is prohibitively expensive. As Cure heal amount is based on remaning MP, you need all that you can get. Not only that, there is no special bonus to making a Magic build, because there is no permanent bonus. Once you hit higher levels with more Magic-based abilities, it becomes easier to maintain, but then and only then. I also spurn Limits and Summons.

You can use the shoulder buttons or the Magic menu, and still only use the X button.

Not only that, Magic Shot only homes in on a location so much, and the projectile speed is rather slow.
Magic is cheap enough, and magic can be used during combos which is its real power. If you pick the staff you get those higher level Magic based abilities at lower levels. MP is easy enough to restore, and MP Rage/Haste can come rather early from leveling Wisdom Form. You can cast cure with any amount of MP you want, so if I happen to use magic up until I have 1 MP left to cast Cure, it's the same as casting it with full MP. Really it's quite a waste to cast Cure at full MP.

What do you mean there's no special bonus for making a Magic build, there's not special bonus for any build. I don't think I'm understanding you, what do you mean permanent bonus?

You don't use Magic (except cure), you don't use Limits, you don't use Summons.....like I said, you make it a button masher. Summons should really not be overlooked. If you are in a tough spot with no MP, summoning Chicken Little can give you a fairly easy crowd control, not to mention while he is out the damage you do heals you. Again, if you are in a tough spot, you can summon Stitch. Stitch is a decent defender, and if you use his Limit you can make HP orbs appear. Combine that with Draw and insta-heal for you in a completely safe place. Genie will heal both your HP and MP (though he doesn't do anything else on his own) and he has good limits. And Peter Pan is just fun, and gives you a free chance to die.

And if all you use Wisdom Form for is the Magic Shot ability you really are missing its purpose.

Jiro
04-18-2007, 11:41 AM
I never really used magic or the forms but they are not to be overlooked by everyone. i was just too lazy. (the game was harder without forms)

Mercen-X
04-18-2007, 07:59 PM
Where do I fight Sephiroth, I finished all the worlds or so I think and I never found Sephiroth exept when he meets up with Cloud.
I never fought him.
He's in what becomes of Hollow Bastion. You travel to the furthest point possible and he's waiting there for you.

Tavrobel
04-18-2007, 08:06 PM
Really it's quite a waste to cast Cure at full MP.

What do you mean there's no special bonus for making a Magic build, there's not special bonus for any build. I don't think I'm understanding you, what do you mean permanent bonus?

like I said, you make it a button masher.

And Peter Pan is just fun, and gives you a free chance to die.

And if all you use Wisdom Form for is the Magic Shot ability you really are missing its purpose.

Not when your Magic Stats is low. At higher levels, it is the same, but at lower levels, it it makes the difference.

Then give me a reason to use anything else. The Attack command is the only thing you need, because it accomplishes what you need to do as quickly as anything else. I blame a large part of this on the lack of platforming.

Out of those four, Peter Pan is the only one worth using. I am well aware of their effects, SRL.

Only as much as one can miss it if it's near useless during the course of the normal game. There's no incentive for me to use it more than once, which would've been the first time you encounter Dancers.

CelestialStarDust
04-20-2007, 06:24 AM
I have to agree,though,magic in kh2 sucks.bad.

Clawsze
04-20-2007, 05:37 PM

They should have kept Aero, but that would make the game TOO easy.

Tavrobel
04-20-2007, 05:48 PM
Xaldin uses Aero, as well as Silver Rocks.

SeeDRankLou
04-20-2007, 08:45 PM
For magic not to suck you have to invest in it, which means from the beginning you have to do things to make your Magic stat stronger, which one can start doing as early as the second day with Roxas. However, doing this will make your attacks less than desireable until you get to higher levels and you have stuff that adds to both strength and magic. But if you dedicate to magic early on, you can mass kill easily, quickly and from a distance, especially in Wisdom Form. And this game is more artful and combo-oriented with the use of magic than KH was, which makes it all the better and useful.

If you just decide in the middle of the game that if might be fun to try out using magic, then it will suck until you get high levels and all the -aga spells and good jewelry.

Alsray
04-20-2007, 09:28 PM
what about Reflega, it really helps against Sephiroth

PuPu
04-21-2007, 02:45 AM
what about Reflega, it really helps against Sephiroth

I think Reflectga's purpose is to block his attacks, not for doing high damage.

The main argument for why I don't think Magic is that great is because of, yes, the fact that it will run out quickly (though Thundaga is a pretty reliable spell). Sure, you could restore it with MP orbs, but that's not something you can rely on in boss fights. Also, another thing is that Magic won't help you as much as high attack power against Sephiroth, the toughest fight in KH, since he is immune to all except Reflect/ra/ga.

Though I will agree Magic is very good in the Hades Paradox Cup, since the enemies there don't flinch much after slashing them, and they hit ridiculously hard. When Sora's all alone without Donald and Goofy, the enemies can easily gang up on you, and one of the only strategies I could do was spam Magnega and Thundaga and Glide to avoid attacks and restore MP. Same with Match #49. I doubt even Tav could X-mash his way through the battles.

CelestialStarDust
04-21-2007, 03:48 AM
Xaldin uses Aero, as well as Silver Rocks.

well,that doesnt do too much good for the ones fighting him,does it...

stalpho slayer
05-03-2007, 11:40 PM
How the hell does Mickey come, do I need any item or something to come?
I'm stuck near the end I just can't beat that bastard(don't remember name) without Mickey to revive me.

So what do I need to do so that Mickey will come to aid me?
Do I need any item or something and if yes where can I find it?
he was locked outside kingdome hearts remember

EveningCross
02-25-2008, 03:04 AM
The ONLY time Mickey ever paid me any attention is when Xaldin beat the brakes off of Sora, Donald and Beast over and over and over and over. He came like 5 times in that one battle... then I never saw him again. He didn't so much as show his face when I fought Xigbar. I just had to keep taking it up the rear until I outlasted him (mostly by running around in circles around him when he fires those multiple shots at you toward the end of the fight.) It was cool using the snipe ability to hit him with his own stuff though. Didn't need Mick for that.:D

Azure Chrysanthemum
02-25-2008, 03:22 AM
Please stop reviving threads that are nearly a year old.