PDA

View Full Version : Cards: Can I remove a rule?

MikeL Valentine
04-14-2007, 07:37 PM
I want to remove the rule Random damnit! I hate that rule!
Can I remove it somehow?

Thanks in advance...

Little Blue
04-14-2007, 08:08 PM
Yes, you can

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/197343/4905

To abolish rules:

Area A: Has unwanted rule.
Area B: Has at least 1 rule, preferably exactly 1 rule, Area A doesn't
have, and doesn't have the unwanted rule.

Play a game in Area B. Proceed to Area A and save somewhere near any card
player. Challenge any person to a game of cards, when asked if you want to play
with a combination of both area's rules accept. When given the option to play
or quit a second time, quit. If the rule you want to abolish doesn't get
abolished reset and start over, if another rule spreads reset and start over, if
nothing happens challenge again.
Note: It's best to abolish rules before spreading rules.

I got rid of most of the rules when I did it, can't remember what I had left afterwards though :p

PuPu
04-14-2007, 08:40 PM
Yeah, Random is the worst rule ever. However, you can reduce the chances of getting lots of weak cards picked by refining them. Use Card Mod on weak cards like Bite Bug to get rid of them.

McLovin'
04-14-2007, 11:51 PM
I freaking hated random. I got it abolished by accident. Go me.

Skyblade
04-15-2007, 05:37 AM
Just remember that the abolishing by that method is much rarer than the spreading, so it may take quite some time to abolish the Random rule.

Xurts
04-15-2007, 05:25 PM
I would spread rules first, and then abolish.

Little Blue
04-15-2007, 06:41 PM
Trouble is though, to abolish rules you need to have a new rule that the place don't have. Spreading rules first means that there are no new rules other than the bad ones that you can use to abolish... Abolish then spread is the way to go.

Xurts
04-15-2007, 10:15 PM
Trouble is though, to abolish rules you need to have a new rule that the place don't have. Spreading rules first means that there are no new rules other than the bad ones that you can use to abolish... Abolish then spread is the way to go.
Then use a region that has rules other than the ones you want to spread. Spread what you want, and use the other rules to abolish.

Little Blue
04-15-2007, 11:01 PM
Ah, thought you meant spread the rules you want everywhere then abolish, not just on a region to region basis. Apologies.

ReloadPsi
04-16-2007, 08:50 AM
There's also a guy sat on the pier at Balamb harbour who will not play with any special rules at all. Playing against him will automatically clear all the rules you currently carry, meaning you can't spread anything, though at one point in the game he suddenly disappears... I think it's when you defeat all the CC Group members, but I'm still not sure.

Also, I find that not being in possession of any new rules when in any area tends to make it randomly abolish them (though as that guide mentions, rule removal is rare). This is kinda useful to know in Lunar Base where every single rule is used, so you can keep challenging (and resetting the game) until Random gets removed.

Xurts
04-16-2007, 10:15 PM
Ah, thought you meant spread the rules you want everywhere then abolish, not just on a region to region basis. Apologies.
Nah, that would take too long. sry for the confusion

moen89
04-18-2007, 06:21 PM
The random rule really sucks, i lost pretty good cards because of that

ragnosica
04-18-2007, 08:55 PM
some cards you can get from certain monsters, others you can receive as rewards, I wouldn't waste my time with playing the game, I would just use cards for refinement:p

Jessweeee♪
05-18-2007, 06:50 PM
I think there was another very complicated way of abolishing rules that involves going all over the world...

speedemon35
05-26-2007, 05:34 AM
I believe i did something much simpler:
at least this worked wonders for the ff8 versions that came out in europe.
At the very start of the game just play as you normally would. Whenever you found a card opponent you were to save your game in case anything went wrong. Challenge him. If in his rules any other rule than open same or plus(if memory serves me right) came up you just canceled the game. doing this about 20 times per region and i ended up at the end of the game itself challenging the queen of cards with nothing but open same and plus as rules. Thing is after a short while the computer gets tired and always says something like: fine we'll play by your rules:P