PDA

View Full Version : Ensanguined Shield......did I make a mistake

BizarroSephiroth
04-15-2007, 01:30 AM
Well........I found the Ensanguined Shield in the Feywood, and i saw the status effects and said "Screw it, this sucks", and sold it for 0 gil :confused: :confused: :confused:

Then I read an FAQ about Pylraster, a mark i am stuck on. It said if you use decoy + ensanguined shield it is nearly impossible for him to hit you and the fight would be easy as pie. So I went back to the chest and opened it, and got an X-Potion, then a Deathbringer (NICE!!!), then another X-Potion. But where's the shield? Is it a one time find. Where can i get it again?

PuPu
04-15-2007, 02:49 AM
I don't know much about the shield, but I may be able to help you beat Pylraster.

He is weak against Fire, so you can use Firaga or even Ardor if you have it. You definitely want to equip shields that give good Evasion, such as Crystal Shield. You should equip Bubble Belts to all your characters to increase their HP as well. If you do not have enough Bubble Belts, equip Gauntlets on the characters with shields to increase their chances of blocking. He is also vulnerable to Slow, so use that to get a major advantage. However, when you get him to about half HP, he will use Growing Threat to double his level, causing his attacks to increase in by a few hundred points of damage, increasing his speed, and his Magic Defense will also rise to make it harder to inflict Slow on him. You can equip Nihopaloa (I think I spelled it wrong) and have that character use a Remedy for 100% chance of inflicting him with Slow.

Always remember to keep him on Slow. It will most likely be the thing that wins the battle for you.

BizarroSephiroth
04-15-2007, 05:52 AM
How do u get Ardor i have up to Flare............

Renmiri
04-15-2007, 06:38 AM
Buy it at the Barheim Passage

BizarroSephiroth
04-15-2007, 08:15 PM

O u can buy them...................heh i knew that (sarcasm.......mmhmmm)

Hazzard
04-15-2007, 08:20 PM

O u can buy them...................heh i knew that (sarcasm.......mmhmmm)

No, she meant Ardor, not the shields.

BizarroSephiroth
04-15-2007, 08:23 PM
O dam..........then how else can i get the shield because i tried using Slow on Pylraster and he murdered me. I got him low on health once, then Misted him, he had such little health I couldn't see the bar and he murdered all three of my guys in one shot!

rubah
04-15-2007, 08:30 PM
pylraster isn't that hard, level up some more and haste+berserk+bravery him :p and make sure EVERYONE has protect shell and bubble on *all* the time. Use curaja (can you have renew then?) liberally. like a hp<100 gambit.

seems like I found an ensanguined shield somewhere, but (lol) I think it was inside the pharos8)

Hazzard
04-15-2007, 08:53 PM
When do you even fight this guy, is he in the subterra of the Pharos?

PuPu
04-15-2007, 08:59 PM
No, he's at the entrance to Pharos, the same place you fought Hydro.

Hazzard
04-15-2007, 09:05 PM
Is it, what level would you recommend to beat him?

PuPu
04-15-2007, 09:48 PM
Probably 60+, though I did manage to do it from 40-50, using the strategy that I posted above (Though I didn't use Nihopalaoa). It's very hard though, and took me many tries.

Hazzard
04-15-2007, 09:56 PM
All my chars are on 60, and Vaan's on 68.

PuPu
04-15-2007, 10:00 PM
You should have little trouble then.

Shiva_
04-18-2007, 07:54 PM
The Ensanguined Shield is great to use on a Decoy'ed character. It will block pretty much every physical attack. This is really good for protecting your other two characters from taking high amounts damage from really powerful attacks.

The evasion on it is like 90+.

I saw a video of someone fighting Pylraster in a low-level game, and he had that shield on a Decoy'ed character. It was blocking essentially every attack from it.

If you still want that shield, you can get one from the 2nd part of the Henne Mines.
The shield in the Feywood is a one-time find.