PDA

View Full Version : Monsters........AAAAH!!!!

BizarroSephiroth
04-15-2007, 01:40 AM
How many people (of course when you were little.......or now, i hope not.......) believed there were monsters in your room or something watching you while you slept. Call me crazy, but from ages 4-6 i used to think there was a knoll (yes, the Everquest monster) watching me through a hole in my closet door.

So, what were your monster myths?

Meat Puppet
04-15-2007, 01:45 AM
There was never really monsters, but there was an old woman who once crawled out of my wall and talked to me when I was 5. I talked to her for a while, but I fell asleep before asking her if she would ever come back. She never came back, but a gorilla would sometimes crawl out of the same wall. The gorilla and I never really interacted, and it seemed to mind its own business, so I was never too bothered by it.

Ghosts and aliens I had problems with. But are they monsters? I guess aliens could be... maybe. Dunno.

Rase
04-15-2007, 01:46 AM
After seeing Jurassic Park when I was 6 I firmly believed that a Velociraptor lived in my laundry room, which happened to be next my bedroom. I knew this because of the random roaring he would make. Only later would I realize that my dryer made such a sound when the laundry was done. Go figure.

kikimm
04-15-2007, 01:50 AM
I wasn't afraid of monsters being in my room and trying to attack me, I was always afraid of real people. Still am! :laugh: Although this one time I watched a show about ghosts in England, and that really scared the :skull::skull::skull::skull: out of me at the time.

Tavrobel
04-15-2007, 01:55 AM

Ahh! Real Monsters.

That's my monster myths.

Relena
04-15-2007, 02:02 AM
I would have to say a creepy clown called It was in my closet, watching me.

Aurey
04-15-2007, 02:13 AM
I still think that there are things creeping around in my room at night. I keep my closet closed during the night and I have a night light. Seriously, no joke.

Agrias
04-15-2007, 02:13 AM
In greek we call them Baboula, and my brother and i had a bunk bed...he used to pretend he was the baboula and it scared the crap out of me.

Vikeve
04-15-2007, 02:36 AM
I used to think there were creatures under my bed and I would always ask my parents to check for me. I always had a nightlight too becuase I was scared of the dark and I ws also scared to look out the window at night becuase I thought there would be some demon on the other side. I also always would keep my parents closet closed becuase if it wasn't all the way closed it creeks and that really freaked me out.

I still get scared easily my friend tried to tell me a scary story when we were having a sleep over one time. I was the one who decided to talk about creepy things in the first place and all my friend said was, "there once was a house" and I screamed and forced her to stop.:lol: Then she tried to continue the story after laughing at me so I tackled her and we caused a lot of noise so the mom came and yelled at us.:cry:

Discord
04-15-2007, 02:46 AM
Little siblings checking the contents of your valet count?

loben
04-15-2007, 04:35 AM
I had an evil brother. his room was in the basement. He never shaved, was like 15 years older than me, and claimed he was the boogie monster. If I ever told him he wasn't he would do something horrible like hang me on the clothes line in a pillow case. He was my monster.:D

Arctic_Ang3L
04-15-2007, 04:52 AM
I used to live in semi-poverty when I was around 4-6, and we had rats running around in different rooms of our worn out apartment, even under our beds. Those were the real life monsters our family was forced to struggle against on a daily basis. Damn... we were so fortunate to move to the US. Those things scared me to death. Today I feel sorry for the poor creatures tho :p

yanis
04-15-2007, 05:26 AM
In greek we call them Baboula, and my brother and i had a bunk bed...he used to pretend he was the baboula and it scared the crap out of me.

I was my sister's Baboula!!! I was doing some noises to scare her...:bgl:

About mine...I thought there were dragons with large nails flying around our house, so I always closed the window and didn't had any lights on so the dragons couldn't see me...

Agrias
04-15-2007, 05:29 AM

I was my sister's Baboula!!! I was doing some noises to scare her...:bgl:

damn you bigger brothers!! -waves a stick-

i think pretty much every brother tries to be their siblings baboula

Yuffie514
04-15-2007, 06:08 AM
didn't believe in them, but i did not like it when the lights were out. everything can look like creepy creatures in the dark. however, that's something that was easily forgotten (like a former flame).

Tifa Valentine
04-15-2007, 06:32 AM
I had an over active imagination when I was in first grade. I thought there were demons in my room disguising themselves as skunks and sometimes in the middle of the night I could have sworn I saw red eyed skunks walking around on the carpet in front of my bed and smiling at me. :(

Rengori
04-15-2007, 06:59 AM
No, and I would not be the monster, I would the Walrus.

samboo1
04-15-2007, 10:43 AM
didn't believe in them, but i did not like it when the lights were out. everything can look like creepy creatures in the dark. however, that's something that was easily forgotten (like a former flame).

Yeah thats pretty much what i was like.

Little Blue
04-15-2007, 10:56 AM
I didn't like flushing the toilet at night cos I thought a monster was going to jump out of it and brutally murder me.

No.78
04-15-2007, 10:56 AM
No I was normal =)

Remedy
04-15-2007, 11:08 AM
No
But once I thought there were some eyes watching me throw the walls
actually too many eyes.
teh..
^^

Essência
04-16-2007, 10:14 PM
Nop, but I had fear of the dark, even today I have a bit:cry:

Spammerman
04-16-2007, 11:34 PM

Ahh! Real Monsters.

That's my monster myths.

Damn, you beat me to it.

Anyways, when I was little little, I had nightmares about a moon stalking me, like the one from Majora's Mask, but crescent, and white with a really evil smile. I also hate windows, cause I know its a lot easier for somethign to come through a window than a wall.

Faris
04-16-2007, 11:54 PM
I wasn't too afraid of monsters, except for the ones from movies which would keep me from sleeping for about 2 or 3 nights, but I was more afraid that a real person or a ghost would attack me during the night. I recently got over that, but last year, it was so bad that I was hearing screams and I was walking around with a weapon at times, I was also very stressed last year, so you can blame it on that.

Christmas
04-17-2007, 03:07 AM
Ever heard of the fairy tooth devil that will take away all your teeth if you didn't brush your teeth before bed kids? :bigsmile:

Araciel
04-17-2007, 06:37 AM
hell yeah i did....

imagined terrors and movie monsters/villains alike stalked the corners of my room for many a year in my younger days.

Finola
04-17-2007, 02:51 PM
I answered 'yes'.. I was quite old already when i got over of my fear of the dark. Most of the time i feared that there was some mad murderer in my bedroom and it wanted to kill me.
And if my leg was over the edge of my bed and had no blanket over it i feared that the monster would rip it off.
That's why i always had to be completely under the blanket (well, head no). Sometimes it got really hot under it, especially summer time. Can't really describe what my monsters looked like.
But then i realized that why in earth anyone would be interested doing that to me. Why would i be a target of a murderer?
And that's how i got over it. Man, i've been so stupid. :rolleyes2
Now i don't fear anymore. *yey!*

Tallulah
04-17-2007, 05:18 PM
I don't remember being scared of, or even believing in monsters as a young child.

However I do believe in monsters now. They are out there, rapists, murderers, paedophiles... doing awful things... :mad2:

Reles
04-17-2007, 06:23 PM
I don't really remember being afraid of monsters. I didn't like scary movies then so I never really bothered watching them. I was probably more afraid of real animals...like ducks...and hippos.

Ramza Beoulve
04-17-2007, 09:14 PM
I AM the monster

04-18-2007, 02:56 PM
i dont belive in monsters but the scariest thing i think that has happened to me is when im walking down a long street very dark at about 1 am you think someone is following you, you start to be come terrifed next minute you look at your shadow and you think it is someone else god that scares the BEjebus out of me!!!! ;p

blackmage_nuke
04-18-2007, 03:04 PM
I used to sleep with a stuffed animal (that isn't meant to be a double entendre btw;)) believing anything that would go after me would just eat him and i'd be spared or that it would fight off any monsters around. So i guess i wasnt scared as such :)

Monster Hunt
04-25-2007, 08:30 AM
Okay- *pull out shotgun*

Who needs help?

--

I was never really afraid of monsters. I liked the ones with six eyes and a fluffy body. Others are merely good to eat.