PDA

View Full Version : Gilgamesh fight 2 and other junk

BizarroSephiroth
04-15-2007, 05:55 AM
Hooboy this guy is tough i get him down to the point where he uses Bitter End and i die, yet look at my high levels in my sig............waddup with that. HELP PLZ!!!!!!!!!!

Also, where can you get Moon Rings I am trying to get Sagittarius in the Bazaar. Lastly, where is the Whale Whisker spear found?

Renmiri
04-15-2007, 06:36 AM
Ash Wyrm drops it. He is at the Mosphoran Highwaste

Are you using bubble belts ?

What armor / weapons are you using ? do you use buffers ?

I kicked his butt at level 45ish

Setzer Gabianni
04-15-2007, 09:41 AM
You defeated the level 70 form (2nd fight) at 45 hm? ;P

Hazzard
04-15-2007, 02:55 PM
Yeah, I defeated the second form at level 52/53 and Vaan was 60. It was easy, just use your Gambits correctly:

One person= Oil>>Firaga on Enkidu
Reddas and another person= Slash at Gilgamesh
Ally 60%>>Curaja

Just do that until the dog's dead, and dispel everything the dog's got as well. All you can really do is just smack at Gilgamesh, and heal automatically (have a white mage, preferably a Gunner/long ranger)

ValiantKnight
04-15-2007, 05:00 PM
My Basch had 5000 or 6000hp and tanked Gilga good at 43.
Others were 41-42.. took 45min or more, maybe an hour or more.
Long Long Long fight.... but he was beatable.

Protect
Shell(if needed)
Bubble(belt)
Maximillian/highest storebought armor
At 70, it shouldnt be terribly difficult
Nothing ever killed me in one hit that I remember, if it does, switch out to the other party and revive using L1 to target dead party.
I can't remember if he pierces blocking, but put a good shield and gauntlets on your main tanking character, put decoy in their gambits.
You could be dying to the status ailments, if so, level a little so you are unaffected by them... or equip something that fights the ones you don't like(forcing you to cast bubble though).

No status effects work on Gilga, but the dog can be put to sleep.

Renmiri
04-15-2007, 05:06 PM
You defeated the level 70 form (2nd fight) at 45 hm? ;P

That is what I recall. I gotta find my video of it to know for sure.

I do remember I was pretty low. I defeated it once only to get killed by the skeletons before getting out. The second time I did it I had to flee the mine like a coward, because I had no Phoenix downs left. :p

Hazzard
04-15-2007, 05:30 PM
Actually, I would advise that you put Haste, Bravery and protectga on all your allies. Even the secondary team. Buffs work like a charm in this battle, and have esunaga set on one character as well. Always have charge>>10% for all allies, and erm--you're ready to battle. When he uses his finishing moves, then heal up quick like I said before. Definitely have a gunner/Long ranger so that they can act as a healer, at all times. The battle becomes straight forward after that, and if you still struggle, you don't have to level up even more, just keep testing out new Gambits to see which works.

Renmiri
04-15-2007, 06:56 PM
And don't forget to leave the mines by the shortest route, saving often.

Shiva_
04-16-2007, 05:46 PM
Do you have Bubble Belts or Bubble spell? They double your max HP.
What's your armor like? You can get one of the best heavy armors and helmets in the game from the Necrohol of Nabudis.

An important thing is being at a level where none of his Lvl# status attacks will effect you. If you are at a level where they won't effect you, it should help make the battle go more smoothly.

He uses Lvl2 Sleep, Lvl3 Disable, and Lvl4 Break. You don't want any of your guys to have their levels divisible by any of those numbers.

Get rid of that dog first. The combined attacks from both Gilgamesh and his dog can be quite lethal.
1) You can Blind him and then focus only on him until he's down (Foe: Lowest Max HP>Blind). Having him blinded will let many of his attacks miss.
2) Have one ally put him to sleep and spam Firaga. Use Foe: Status = Sleep>Firaga. He/she should put on the Nihopalaoa accessory and then toss Remedy at him. This guarantees that it sticks. Have the other two allies attack only Gilgamesh using Foe: Highest Max HP>Attack.

I generally wouldn't use Reddas in long battles (e.g. certain bosses with ~300000-400000+ HP, any boss with 1000000+ HP, multi-bar bosses). IMO, he can be a MP sink in those.

If you have Reddas in this battle, there's no point in putting the dog to sleep and casting spells on him. Reddas may physically attack him and wake him up. Because he's a guest, you can't set his gambits. So, in this case, it's better to just use the method of blinding the dog.

BizarroSephiroth
04-16-2007, 09:07 PM
I beat him, but for some reason i stole from him after every cutscene and all i got was the genji armor.......where are the gloves and helm???

And don't forget to leave the mines by the shortest route, saving often.

Yup, i took the mine carts!

Please do not double post. Use the edit/delete button to add to your post. ~ Leeza

Hazzard
04-16-2007, 09:32 PM
Oh well, now you'll never get the Genji Gloves, assuming that you saved game. So no multiple hits, you'll probably just get 1 or 2 hits with the Masumune now. Tough luck, mate!

Icerose2300
04-16-2007, 10:21 PM
Where is Gilamesh the 2nd time? I got him the first time and I couldn't find him the 2nd time and I walked the WHOLE mine!

Shiva_
04-16-2007, 10:43 PM
Where is Gilamesh the 2nd time? I got him the first time and I couldn't find him the 2nd time and I walked the WHOLE mine!

He's in the Site 11 section of the Lhusu Mines. You have to get the key first from the Phon Coast camp so you can access it.

If you've joined the rare game hunters club at the Phon Coast already, WATCH OUT for the rare game Disma as you make your way to Gilgamesh and as you make your way back from defeating him. Disma is in the zone right before Gilgamesh. If you're not prepared, he can wipe you out; he's fast and hits hard. As Renmiri said, be sure to save frequently.
You don't want your victory undone by dying on the way out.

And once again, don't forget to steal the Genji gear on the 4th and 5th phases of the battle.

Icerose2300
04-16-2007, 11:34 PM
Yea, I seen that in the manual, It just didn't tell me where to find him, Thanks for the info.

Shiva_
04-17-2007, 12:18 AM
Yea, I seen that in the manual, It just didn't tell me where to find him, Thanks for the info.
I got a complete map of Lhusu Mines and decided to go ahead and label the key spots such as:
Site 11 gate
Zone where Disma sometimes hangs out
Location of Gilgamesh 2nd

http://img455.imageshack.us/img455/8033/lhusu2ay7.jpg

Hazzard
04-17-2007, 12:53 AM
Shiva_, you seriously are an XII saint, how do you know so much about it? You should consider offering your help for the XII staff.

Renmiri
04-17-2007, 01:33 AM
Watch out for Pandora's on that little hidden "c" section above Disma. They kicked my butt :(

Shiva_, you seriously are an XII saint, how do you know so much about it? You should consider offering your help for the XII staff.

He's right you know ? If they don't want any help, I could definitely use help on my XII Wiki (http://ffproject.net/forumwiki/), to add to all your hints I posted there already :)

Shiva_
04-17-2007, 01:47 AM
Thanks.:) I've just been spending a lot of time on the game on my free time, and the more I've played it, the more I've learned. I've learned more things on my 2nd playthrough that I didn't know from my first one.
I'll probably consider seeing about helping.

Watch out for Pandora's on that little hidden "c" section above Disma. They kicked my butt :(

He's right you know ? If they don't want any help, I could definitely use help on my XII Wiki (http://ffproject.net/forumwiki/), to add to all your hints I posted there already :)

I may be interested in doing that.