PDA

View Full Version : Zell vs. Tidus

jammi567
04-15-2007, 07:10 PM
People in another thread very simular to this one (you know who you are) keep complaining that the only vs. threads are between Cloud and Squall. Therefore, as a change, lets do one for Zell and Tidus.

Comet
04-15-2007, 07:12 PM
Zell, anyday.

Hazzard
04-15-2007, 07:13 PM
That's actually a tight one, but Tidus is actually more athletically talented than Zell, and has a sword. Zell is a powerful hitter, and great at martial arts, and could easily wind Tidus, but could get struck with his sword.

I'll go for Tidus, but I prefer Zell as a character.

BarelySeeAtAll
04-15-2007, 07:18 PM
i would say tidus as well...but zell kicks ass still...i prefer zell tooo:hes so sweet!

Vincent Valentine 007
04-15-2007, 08:27 PM
I would say Zell for me Tidus wasn’t a very strong character its annoying how they make the lead characters wimps now.

fifie
04-15-2007, 08:47 PM
Tidus is emotional, good-looking and a good fighter
Zell is annoying but not a bad fighter - his character is pretty underdeveloped too
therefore, i'm going with Tidus

Remon
04-15-2007, 08:53 PM
I'm choosing Tidus cause he's my favourite male FFX character :D

Hazzard
04-15-2007, 09:09 PM
I'm choosing Tidus cause he's my favourite male FFX character :D

What about Auron :(

Young Mally
04-15-2007, 09:19 PM
According to statistics, Zell has more Strength, Defense, and Magic Defense. Tidus has more Speed. 1 for Zell. Zell's limit break can be better than Squalls if you get very good at doing his limit break quickly, but Tidus can break not only the Damage Limit, but the HP Limit aswell. 1 for Tidus. Zell is a SeeD for Balamb Garden trained to do mission involving assassinations of power sorcerers and many more of the sort. Tidus is the top blitzball player of his team giving him an very well developed body from a massive amount of time spent swimming under water which is inhuman by the way. But take it from me, in combat, a well developed body can mean little fighting a trained opponent that know advance martial arts and is also of somewhat of the same body type. 2 of Zell. Making Zell the winner in my book.

Fynn
04-15-2007, 09:22 PM
Zell - he seems nicer to me...

Rocket Edge
04-16-2007, 05:37 AM
Zell. Although its close, i like both characters.

Little Blue
04-16-2007, 08:16 AM
I hate Zell with a passion reserved only for the hating of Zell. Tidus wins compared to Zell (though that don't really mean much, Tidus ain't a spectacular character either).

Firo Volondé
04-16-2007, 09:53 AM
In real world mechanics, Tidus would win, even though Zell is stronger and battle-tested. All Tidus needs is one good sword strike to give Zell a fatal wound. He also has a speed advantage. Only with Final Fantasy mechanics, where people are practically invincible to swords and guns, would Zell have the advantage.

Hazzard
04-16-2007, 09:59 AM
I'm thinking real world, and I know for a fact that Tidus would win, but in Final Fantasy, it would have to be Zell

Finola
04-16-2007, 02:51 PM
Zell is the best looking guy in VIII but Tidus is a definite winner. Can't say that I like his voice-actor but who even dares listening him if you can just watch him?
Plus, Zell doesn't use swords and he looks stupid and he only thinks about hot-dogs. Tidus is the best looking guy and he's enough charming even for Yuna. Can't say Tidus charms me with his intelligence (maybe 'cuz he doesn't have it) but still. My all time favorite!
But well, Zell would probably loose anyway 'cuz of course someone would come and help little Tidus from danger.

Hazzard
04-16-2007, 03:30 PM
But well, Zell would propaply loose anyway 'cuz of course someone would come and help little Tidus from danger.

It's so obvious you're talking about a Rikku. She would jump to Tidus' safety! :p

TyphoonThaReapa
04-16-2007, 04:52 PM
A'yo, y'all trippin' big time son! Zell would beat the hell out of Tidus. And Rikku ain't go do :skull::skull::skull::skull:!:cool:

Yliette
04-16-2007, 10:28 PM
Personality-wise I'd go for Tidus. :D Many people complain he's a wimp when he's actually mature and sacrificial in the end. Zell was also quite immature plus his aggressiveness and his hot temper.

Nweis granted that Tidus has maxed out the Sphere Grid, is equipped wit Caladbolg, has all Overdrive modes (and all other power-ups) while Zell has all Limit Breaks (and other power-up blah-blahs since I forgot almost all FFVIII details), I personally think Tidus would win. Just my two gil. :D

Lastly I'm surprised that some people still can't get over the fact that not all FF leads should have the "hardass" image.

Hazzard
04-16-2007, 11:15 PM
How much times have I said that? HOW MUCH TIMES HAVE I SAID THAT!

Yliette
04-16-2007, 11:17 PM
How much times have I said that? HOW MUCH TIMES HAVE I SAID THAT!

How MUCH times? Shouldn't it be "How MANY?"

Man! That had me confused!

Now I further understand why correct grammar greatly matters.

Hazzard
04-16-2007, 11:22 PM
Actually you will find that it can work in both ways; much and many, fairly enough the same meaning.

Yliette
04-16-2007, 11:26 PM
Nu-uh. You say "much" when describing things that cannot be counted one by one e.g. hair, water, sand, salt, etc.

Nweis we're getting OT. :D

I agree with this guy (I forgot the name) here. FF-wise Zell would win but reality-wise Tidus will.

But no matter what people say I'll always vouch for Tidus. I can say that I'm biased on him since he's my favorite FF male char. :D

Ashley Schovitz
04-16-2007, 11:35 PM
This should've been Zell vs Tifa.

Nominus Experse
04-17-2007, 01:37 AM
HOTDOGS ARE TEH WINNAR

Dr. Acula
04-17-2007, 05:18 AM
Zell. I haven't played FF10.

Dragonface
04-17-2007, 01:36 PM
According to statistics, Zell has more Strength, Defense, and Magic Defense. Tidus has more Speed. 1 for Zell. Zell's limit break can be better than Squalls if you get very good at doing his limit break quickly, but Tidus can break not only the Damage Limit, but the HP Limit aswell. 1 for Tidus. Zell is a SeeD for Balamb Garden trained to do mission involving assassinations of power sorcerers and many more of the sort. Tidus is the top blitzball player of his team giving him an very well developed body from a massive amount of time spent swimming under water which is inhuman by the way. But take it from me, in combat, a well developed body can mean little fighting a trained opponent that know advance martial arts and is also of somewhat of the same body type. 2 of Zell. Making Zell the winner in my book.

I hate too tell you but that makes Tidus win by 3 to 0.

If Zell need to land a hit on Tidus, he would has to be faster than Tidus, but hes not. Tidus can easiely move around Zell, hit him, move around again and that Tidus doesn't stop until Zell drop dead. Tidus can also cast halse on himself to go faster and cast slow to slow Zell down, or cast stop on Zell that would make Zell stop...and can't be cure (noone other than Tidus are around).

I don't think Zell was train to fight underwater for a long time. Tidus on the otherhand did train to stay underwater for a long time, and in the FFX game you saw Tidus fighting fiends underwater.

The Limit break and HP break are fine, just don't forget MP break.

Hazzard
04-17-2007, 01:53 PM
Tidus isn't trained to do anything under water. Haven't you realized that it comes naturally to them, and they can breath underwater in X. That's so obvious.

jammi567
04-17-2007, 06:52 PM
So if it comes so natually to them, and they don't actually need to do anything under the water, why do they have blitzball practice?

Hazzard
04-17-2007, 08:01 PM
So if it comes so natually to them, and they don't actually need to do anything under the water, why do they have blitzball practice?

To get better at Blitzball, duhh...

jammi567
04-17-2007, 08:33 PM
But you just said that it comes natually to them, and that "Tidus isn't trained to do anything under water."

Young Mally
04-17-2007, 08:53 PM

I hate too tell you but that makes Tidus win by 3 to 0.

If Zell need to land a hit on Tidus, he would has to be faster than Tidus, but hes not. Tidus can easiely move around Zell, hit him, move around again and that Tidus doesn't stop until Zell drop dead. Tidus can also cast halse on himself to go faster and cast slow to slow Zell down, or cast stop on Zell that would make Zell stop...and can't be cure (noone other than Tidus are around).

I don't think Zell was train to fight underwater for a long time. Tidus on the otherhand did train to stay underwater for a long time, and in the FFX game you saw Tidus fighting fiends underwater.

The Limit break and HP break are fine, just don't forget MP break.

If your going by statistics, then your forgotting the evasion and accuracy stats. Zell has far superior accuracy than Tidus's evasion. So, no matter how fast Tidus is in speed, most likely, Zell will still be able to connect attacks. And Zell's defense and attack power is better than Tidus. It will take Tidus longer to take Zell down. And, let's not forget the fact that Zell can use any magic due to FF8's draw system. He could use Haste and Meltdown, and Meteor, magic FFX doesn't have.

Hazzard
04-17-2007, 09:23 PM
You're judging by the differences in abilities between the two games. It just doesn't work. Nobody can really tell, but I say Tidus would win.

Firo Volondé
04-18-2007, 04:49 AM
And, let's not forget the fact that Zell can use any magic due to FF8's draw system. He could use Haste and Meltdown, and Meteor, magic FFX doesn't have.

You seem to be forgetting that Tidus can also use any magic or ability, due to FF10's Sphere Grid system. This includes abilities like Auto-Life, Ultima, Full Break, Quick Hit and Delay Buster. If I were you, I'd stick to arguing Zell's physical advantage.

Nominus Experse
04-18-2007, 05:08 AM
But FFX doesn't have Aura, Meltdown...

However, both of their Limits/Overdrives are insane

Young Mally
04-19-2007, 05:35 PM

Not to mention the hidden magic Apocalpse. I think this how you spell it...Anyway, FF8 magic is superior than FF10 regardless of who's casting it...

Hazzard
04-19-2007, 07:42 PM

Not to mention the hidden magic Apocalpse. I think this how you spell it...Anyway, FF8 magic is superior than FF10 regardless of who's casting it...

That's a load of crap. You can't decide it on magics, and mild differences in the game.