PDA

View Full Version : Dream MMO

Laddy
04-15-2007, 07:37 PM
Okay, if you were in charge of an MMORPG, what would it be like?

Madame Adequate
04-16-2007, 03:24 AM
StarCraft universe. Space stuff is like EVE Online, ground stuff is like WoW.

escobert
04-16-2007, 03:27 AM
Guild Wars 2 ;)

Discord
04-16-2007, 03:44 AM
Unblockable n00b-speak filter on RP servers (of couse, impossible), 18+ servers (spare us from the post puberty boys), all dialogues recorded, good engine.

Shoeberto
04-16-2007, 03:45 AM
Counter-strike MMO

:confused:

Discord
04-16-2007, 04:16 AM
Oh right, almost forgot. It's not a biggie really, but it'd be great if we had an AI writing the plot in Dostoevski quality while we're playing.:love:

Markus. D
04-16-2007, 09:30 AM
none.

none at all. period.

unless they make one of the 3 I have come up with .x._.x.;

Tallulah
04-16-2007, 11:01 AM
Counter-strike MMO

:confused:

Yay! Played that yesterday. So much fun! :D

TyphoonThaReapa
04-16-2007, 06:08 PM
A'yo, Rap Battle MMO!!! A'yo, I'll be goin' down in there ya' heard me!!!:cool:

Discord
04-16-2007, 10:05 PM
A'yo, Rap Battle MMO!!! A'yo, I'll be goin' down in there ya' heard me!!!:cool:

It's called Singstar(c):p

Stunt
04-16-2007, 10:11 PM
FFVII Online.

Spammerman
04-17-2007, 01:57 AM
It would be an MMOFPS using Unreal Engine an basically it would be a war, but isntead of maps and missions, one HUGE MAP and its realistic future tech and you have to push back the frontline and destroy the other army.

Shoeberto
04-17-2007, 02:09 AM
It would be an MMOFPS using Unreal Engine an basically it would be a war, but isntead of maps and missions, one HUGE MAP and its realistic future tech and you have to push back the frontline and destroy the other army.
Planetside.

And it sucks.

Unless you TK on your friend's account until he gets tempbanned for half an hour. Then it's hilarious.

Discord
04-17-2007, 02:11 AM
Meh, unoriginal!

How about MMORTS "Wendy the Horse" (http://www.wendy.dk/default.asp?ID=)!!!

Ouch!
04-17-2007, 02:11 AM
"I gotta log off for dinner."
"But dude, it's prime-time in Europe and we're out numbered three to one, we're going to need every man we can get!"
I can totally see that working.

One word:
Ivalice

Laddy
04-17-2007, 02:14 AM
All this inspires me to take a stab at MMO development. *goes* Anyway, any not sucky MMO with cat people.

CimminyCricket
04-17-2007, 02:19 AM
One word, Disgaea.

Disgaea would make the ULTIMAGE MMO.

Why? Think about it:
You get to be an overlord or a demon working upwards to be an overlord
You'll get to conquer other Netherworlds
You can be an Angel from Celestia trying to destroy the netherworlds
You can run into other Overlords (i.e. Alexander, Pram, Laharl, Zetta)
BE A PRINNY! xD
DISGAEA NEEDS A MMO!! xD

Spammerman
04-17-2007, 02:38 AM
"I gotta log off for dinner."
"But dude, it's prime-time in Europe and we're out numbered three to one, we're going to need every man we can get!"
I can totally see that working.

One word:
Ivalice

Umm, you either A) Dont look at wars much. B)Havent heard of Frontline:Fuels of War which is exactly what I was describing. Um, yeah, I see it working.

Laddy
04-17-2007, 02:46 AM
I wanna be a prinny, Cimanim!

Araciel
04-17-2007, 07:30 AM
pokemon :P

i wouldn't play it but it would be huge

correction : will be huge

for MY dream mmo...i think actual living NPCs would be sweet, though totally impractical.

Mitch
04-18-2007, 12:03 PM
WoW made by anyone but Blizzard.

Rostum
04-18-2007, 12:10 PM
WoW made by anyone but Blizzard.

LotR Online is pretty much WoW but made by a different company.

I'm not really sure what a perfect MMO would be for myself... Probably one with beautiful landscapes and architecture in an extremely massive world to explore. Some original gameplay than the typical "fight mob, press/click a few abilities, gain a small amount of exp; requiring around 50,000exp to the next level" kind of thing - which is what Age of Conan is planning on doing with their more action-type system.

Something that has good party dynamics in a huge storyline, but able to do a lot of things solo (but with less benefits). That way I can hop on and do things just for a little while, especially in my time zone.

And no instanced world, where you only see people in towns. By this definition, Guild Wars sucks as an MMO.