PDA

View Full Version : Legend of the Green Dragon!

farplaner
04-15-2007, 10:41 PM
I'm sure some of you guys are familiar with this game; it's the "poor man's MMORPG." Free, web-based RPG. It's nothing fancy, but it's a lot of fun. The game gets more complex as you grow, and it's basically limitless as too how powerful you can get. One of the best things about it is the clans. I'm in a clan with about thirty other people, and we work together to strengthen each member. There are competitions between clans like player v. player, speed killing, etc.

There are a ton of Green Dragon sites, but most of them are empty. I think the one I play at has a couple hundred members:http://lotgd.pqcomp.com/home.php?
my character name is BettonWarre. You can look up players and see a bio that tells you basically everything about the character. Anyway, you guys should check it out!

Dreddz
04-15-2007, 10:49 PM
That colour of green is sooo 1980 darling...

Yeah, text based games just piss me off...

Albel
04-15-2007, 10:54 PM
I've never heard of it, but I'll check it out.

Spammerman
04-16-2007, 01:57 AM
Just joined. Im Robin Hood:)

farplaner
04-18-2007, 02:46 PM
Just joined. Im Robin Hood:)

Awesome! I'll keep an eye out for you. I'm a member to The Insurrection. If you have any questions just message me (BettonWarre) or Ardrill.

You should join too, Albel.

Also, you can change the appearance of the site....that is, if text based games don't piss you off.

Spammerman
04-18-2007, 03:13 PM
I tried haunting you:)

farplaner
04-19-2007, 04:53 AM
I tried haunting you:)

lol yeah, I saw that. I left you a message, so check your mail next time you're on.

....oh crap, I just realized I had a message from you earlier. I didn't realize at the time who you were!

Araciel
04-19-2007, 05:13 AM
text based RP is the best...it's the most free-form and open-ended...

i'll check it out soon, possibly tomorrow or the next day

farplaner
04-19-2007, 06:44 AM
cool, Araciel. Send me a message.

ShunNakamura
04-19-2007, 08:06 AM
I have played these before[though it has been ages now]; however, because I tend to splurge play games the turn limit can annoy me quite a bit.

Known as ShunWolfkin on that server. Fortunately for me I started close to the end of a day(so I get to splurge to an extent after I wait a little for the new day to start :P).

farplaner
04-20-2007, 03:39 AM
one of the choices after a dragon kill is adding forest fights. I'm at 26 DK's, and I've added 8 fights. I never run out.

Shun, my clan leader is going to contact you on lotgd. She's awesome! She's one of the strongest players on the site. She's the one who brought me into the clan, and got me started. The bonuses and stuff you get as a member make the game go a whole lot faster.

ShunNakamura
04-20-2007, 06:09 AM
one of the choices after a dragon kill is adding forest fights. I'm at 26 DK's, and I've added 8 fights. I never run out.

Actually this wasn't as bad as I thought. The original LotGD I played one had 12 hour game days. And I forgot to check the length of day on this one and instead just assumed that it was the same. With the shorter game days the turn issue is no longer an issue with me :D.

Vyk
04-20-2007, 06:53 AM
Textual MMO RPGs are known as MUDDs I believe. I used to play one. Hard core. I can't remember what it was called though. They're actually quite popular in some circles. Its amazing some worlds that can be created in dynamic text. Not something I want to get into anymore. But I respect them and appreciate their existance