04-16-2007, 12:51 AM
Whose tracks do you like more?

Roto13
04-16-2007, 12:54 AM
Who's Jeremy Soul?

Discord
04-16-2007, 12:55 AM
Who's Jeremy Soul?

Meh, can anybody change it to Soule please?

PS: If the question was serious http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Soule

Armies of Exigo
Amen: The Awakening (Fully Orchestral & Recorded Score / Cancelled Game)
Azurik: Rise of Perathia (Xbox Launch Title / Recorded in Prague)
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance
Company of Heroes
Dungeon Siege
Dungeon Siege II
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Winner of 2006 MTV VMA)
Giants: Citizen Kabuto
Guild Wars Prophecies
Guild Wars Factions
Guild Wars Nightfall
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Video Game)
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Video Game / Recorded at Phoenix Studios / Winner of 2003 BAFTA)
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Video Game / Recorded at Air Lyndhurst)
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Video Game / Recorded at Air Lyndhurst)
Harry Potter: Quidditch World Cup (Video Game / Recorded at Air Lyndhurst)
Icewind Dale
Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events
Natural Selection (Half-Life modification)
Neverwinter Nights
Prey
Secret of Evermore (SquareSoft's only title to use an American composer)
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (Jeremy's themes were also used in Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords)
Star Wars: Bounty Hunter
Sovereign (Fully Orchestral & Recorded Score / Cancelled Game)
Supreme Commander
Total Annihilation (Recorded in Seattle, WA)
Total Annihilation: Core Contingency
Total Annihilation: Kingdoms
Unreal II
Warhammer: Mark of Chaos
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War

Roto13
04-16-2007, 01:01 AM
It was a serious question. :P

I don't remember any of the music from the handful of games that I've played on his "Prominent Works" list on Wikipedia, so I guess I'll say Nobuo Uematsu.

DK
04-16-2007, 01:14 AM
Uematsu by a long distance. :monster:

Rocket Edge
04-16-2007, 05:24 AM

Nominus Experse
04-16-2007, 05:51 AM
I would say that Uematsu is the more masterful of the two, but I will also say this:

I absolutely adore the musical score given for Morrowind and Oblivion. I have listened to these two soundtracks more often than that of Nobuo's soundtracks.

So, in short, I personally enjoy Soule more, simply because of my adoration of the tracks found in Morrowind and Oblivion. However, Nubuo is the more masterful, though Jeremy may yet become as skilled as Nubuo, but that lies in futures and questions I cannot discern.

Peter_20
04-16-2007, 09:02 AM

Markus. D
04-16-2007, 09:21 AM
I like both Overall.

Discord
04-16-2007, 11:45 AM
Hehe, seems like there are no pure Soule fans here. Well, it's a FF forum after all.^^

Rostum
04-16-2007, 12:39 PM
Hehe, seems like there are no pure Soule fans here. Well, it's a FF forum after all.^^

I don't really think it's because it's an FF forum that more people would say Uematsu. I don't mind Soule but I much prefer Uematsu simply because I've grown up with more of his stuff and have been inspired in my own works because of him.

Not to mention some of his work is absolutely full of genius.

scrumpleberry
04-16-2007, 01:05 PM
Love em both, but I looked an wikipedia AFTER I voted no idea...:kaodizzy:

Lost Number
04-16-2007, 01:20 PM
I must say, Soule has come up with some truely excelling pieces, some of which i dare say are better than Nobuo Uematsu. On general quality, nobuo wins, when it comes to the best music, Soule.

Slothy
04-16-2007, 02:26 PM
I do think Soule is great at what he does, but Uematsu has composed the more masterful and memorable soundtracks in my opinion. I feel Uematsu is much better at making a soundtrack that perfectly reflects the mood/emotion of the game, while leaving you with songs you won't soon forget.

That said, why not have the best of both worlds? (http://www.ocremix.org/remix/OCR01130/)

Comet
04-16-2007, 03:49 PM
Nobuo Uematsu

Few reasons:

1. I never heard of Jeremy Soule in my life.
2. I don't like his name.
3. Nobuo Uematsu rocks my socks.

Fynn
04-17-2007, 08:57 PM
Nobuo Uematsu - no doubt about it!
The whole Baldur's Gate soundtrack is what made me hate this Soule person... :barf:

Croyles
04-25-2007, 03:11 PM
I couldnt decide, so I voted for 'both are superb'

I love Nobuo's tracks, but Jeremy Soule is my recent favourite (if only for a while) because his amazing Oblivion soundtrack blew me away!
Trust me, doesnt matter what his music was like in Baldurs Gate, listen to the Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion soundtrack.
Especially: Auriel's Ascension (listen to this first), King and Country, Reign Of The Septims, and some other ones that might be even better.

Sefie1999AD
04-26-2007, 05:12 PM
That said, why not have the best of both worlds? (http://www.ocremix.org/remix/OCR01130/)

Agreed, that arrangement is great. :) I haven't heard much of Soule's music, except the soundtrack for Star Wars: KotOR, and I thought that was quite weak, so I prefer Uematsu's music.

Slothy
04-27-2007, 01:18 PM

Agreed, that arrangement is great. :) I haven't heard much of Soule's music, except the soundtrack for Star Wars: KotOR, and I thought that was quite weak, so I prefer Uematsu's music.

Agreed on KotOR. The stuff that was good was a little too much like every other Star Wars soundtrack ever, and the rest was kind of weak. I'd reccomend giving Oblivion a try. It's got one of the best soundtracks I've heard since Shadow of the Colossus. I do think that overall Soule is very good, especially at arranging, but like I said before, Uematsu is better at creating music that stands out and sticks with you on a consistant basis.

Discord
05-01-2007, 11:35 AM
I couldnt decide, so I voted for 'both are superb'

I love Nobuo's tracks, but Jeremy Soule is my recent favourite (if only for a while) because his amazing Oblivion soundtrack blew me away!
Trust me, doesnt matter what his music was like in Baldurs Gate, listen to the Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion soundtrack.
Especially: Auriel's Ascension (listen to this first), King and Country, Reign Of The Septims, and some other ones that might be even better.

I actually liked the title theme of Oblivion quite a bit. You know, the tu-tu-tuu, tu-tu-tuuu, tu-tu-tuuuu, tu-tu-tu-tuuuuuuuu-na one (http://youtube.com/watch?v=veuEKEFojKA).

EDIT: GW also had great tracks for the crappy gameplay they've offered and no comment about Dungeon Siege theme (was good for the time when it came out).

NeoCracker
05-01-2007, 12:08 PM
Nobou, no contest. Don't get much better than Master pieces Like Melodies of Life, Rose of May, Frog Theme or Magus theme.