PDA

View Full Version : Max Character Capacity?

Bolivar
04-16-2007, 06:38 PM
Is there a limit for how many soldiers you can have? I recently got Mustadio and the game asked me to make room due to reaching a limit. I thought this was strange since in my other games I remember my monsters reproducing like crazy and having a huge amount of chocobos.

Right now I have 16 fighters, is this the limit?

BG-57
04-16-2007, 08:34 PM
Sixteen is the maximum number of party members you can have at one time, including nongeneric characters (like Mustadio or Agrias), generic characters, and generic monsters.

However, the game always has a place for guest characters, so you can temporarily have up to eighteen in the inventory (I believe the most number of guests you ever get at any one time is two).

If you want to make room for every nongeneric character, you'll eventually have to dismiss some of your generic soldiers and monsters. My suggestion is do as many propositions and monster breeding/poaching as you can earlier in the game.

LoKuS
04-17-2007, 03:57 PM
I never really had monsters in my party, just my main guys.

BG-57
04-17-2007, 11:52 PM
Even if you don't use monsters in battle, there are some items you can only get by breeding and poaching your own monsters.

LoKuS
04-18-2007, 04:22 PM
Yea, i used to poach ever once on a while.

VorpalCyberWolf
04-19-2007, 12:47 AM
Does anyone know if they are going to increase the maximum on the new release? It'd be awesome if they did.

feioncastor
04-19-2007, 02:41 PM
I certainly hope so. I usually keep only Mustadio (for Cloud and stuff) and also Orlandu, because he's good if i ever get in a jam.

Other than that, I get rid of special chars like Agrias, Malak and Rafa, Meliadoul and certainly guys like Rad, Alicia and Lavian. I'll usually strip them of their equipment first, then dismiss them. When not breeding a certain type of monster, I'll keep only one of it's class on hand.

I usually keep Cloud just for kicks.

I also try to recruit females from the soldier office, early on. I do this because they can equip Setis-whatever that adds Haste. I usually keep one male for Bard reasons, along with Ramza.

VorpalCyberWolf
04-21-2007, 11:23 AM
Im a collector of sorts... I generally take everything the game gives me... which includes

1.Ramza
2.Rad
3.Alicia
4.Lavian
5.Agrias
6.Mustadio
7.Rafa
8.Malak
9.Reis
10.Beowulf
11.Worker 8
12.Orlandu
13.Meladoul
14.Byblos
15.Cloud
16. Boko (Or another Monster which I felt more useful like a Tiamat) Since I probably got rid of Boko earlier on for breeding purposes and such.

Kinda sad that it doesnt leave us collectors any more room for Original chars... but at least they give you Rad, Alicia and Lavian for Job posts.

BG-57
04-23-2007, 10:43 PM
If it makes you feel any better, you can name your monsters and generic recruits Boko, Rad, Lavian, and Alicia. I do that after I'm done with monster breeding.

Roogle
04-26-2007, 11:36 PM
The maximum character capacity is 16; despite this, you are allowed additional slots for guests.

Final Fantasy Tactics: The Lion War will increase the maximum character capacity by a significant amount, I hear.