PDA

View Full Version : Neutral Monsters

BG-57
04-16-2007, 08:27 PM
Obviously Neutral monsters have a green life bar while hostile enemies have a red one. When attacked their life bar turns red. That much I understand.

But one time I accidently attacked the Wild Saurian in the Stepping and ran. I came back later to find his life bar still red. So I reset my game rather than have such a powerful monster hostile every time I walked by (I only had Vaan and Penelo and at level 15 at the time).

My questions are:

1) Does this apply to any neutral monster that you attack but do not finish off? Like, say, a Cactoid?

2) If I killed the Wild Saurian, would another appear in its place that is hostile or neutral again?

Mirage
04-16-2007, 08:54 PM
It should go green again after a while, but leaving and entering doesn't make it happen faster.
When a monster respawns, nothing that happened in it's "earlier life" should carry over.

Shiva_
04-17-2007, 02:40 AM
If you make a neutral monster hostile (and don't kill it), you have to zone two areas before it becomes neutral again upon re-entering.

However, this doesn't apply to Elementals and Entites. I believe it's because they come out based on certain conditions (e.g. weather) of a given area. Elementals and Entites are neutral, and if you made one of these hostile by stealing from it, you only have to zone one area to make it neutral again upon re-entering. This was my experience when I was stealing certain key items from various Entites. The Entite would start out neutral and then I would steal from it. Right after stealing, it would become hostile. I then would hold R2 to flee and leave the zone. Once I re-entered, it was neutral again, and it had items available to steal again.

Although Elementals and Entites are neutral foes, they will get hostile if you use any kind of magic around them.

added:
If you kill any monster off (whether neutral or hostile), you have to zone two areas to get it to respawn again. If the monster you had killed was a neutral one, it will come back as neutral again when you re-enter.

Renmiri
04-17-2007, 03:52 AM
The happy bunny doesn't always turn red when attacked iirc. Sometimes it just flees.

BG-57
04-20-2007, 01:17 AM
On a side note, is there any way of making rare game appear more often? I know where to look, but they're getting shy on me now. :p

Shiva_
04-20-2007, 01:46 AM
On a side note, is there any way of making rare game appear more often? I know where to look, but they're getting shy on me now. :p

If you've already joined the rare game hunt club, there are certain rare game that won't re-appear once you've defeated them.

There's a tip where you can have a little bit more easier time getting rare game to appear.
1) If you enter a secton where a rare game is supposed be, and it's not there, you can keep leaving that section and re-entering it again until it appears.
2) You can keep doing this over and over until the rare game shows up.
3) The easiest way to do this is to keep the Left-Stick held down.
4) Leave the Left-Stick held down to keep leaving and re-entering for 1/2 minute to 1 minute, and then go back into that section.
5) The rare game should then likely be there.

This should work for the rare game that have a certain % chance of appearing when you enter a section. A rare game is set to appear randomly whenever you go into a section. If you happen to leave that section at a given time and then come back into it, and the rare game appears upon re-entering that section, it will stay there regardless provided that you don't zone two sections.

There's some other rare game, however, where you have to meet certain conditions in the section, and this tip won't work. One example is where you have to kill all of the foes and wait a certain amount of time before it appears.

Little Blue
04-20-2007, 08:08 AM
Although Elementals and Entites are neutral foes, they will get hostile if you use any kind of magic around them.

Ah, that explains why they attack me when I walk past fighting something else.

Dr. Acula
04-20-2007, 10:35 AM

Yes, I was wondering why they attacked me.

Shiva_
04-20-2007, 06:12 PM

Yes, I was wondering why they attacked me.

There was an exception one time when an Entite attacked me even when I didn't do anything to it or around it (use magic) first. Basically, I saw an Entite one time, and it was apparently hostile to begin with (red HP bar above it) because when I went near it, it attacked me even when I didn't use magic around it in the first place.

I got owned by it one time because this had happened. This is my incident here:

I was in the Pharos Tower, and I had just defeated Fenrir. I went into the ring adjacent to the section where I fought him so I could get my ability back, save, and then enter the Third Ascent. When I went in there, I saw an Undin Entite roaming around. I figured it was neutral like all of the other Entites I had faced before, so I started going by it. Apparently, it was hostile to begin with as he began casting Sleepga on everyone and put all of my guys to sleep. It then began spamming Waterga on my guys over and over again until they were all dead. I then had to switch my reserves again. It continued the Waterga spamming, and two of my reserves died, and Ashe was the only one alive at critical HP by the time I made it back to the door by where I fought the boss. I ended up back-tracking to the save crystal where I had saved right before fighting the boss. I then came back, and the Entite wasn't there this time.

Renmiri
04-20-2007, 06:59 PM
Yeah, that happened to me at Giruvegan too

BG-57
04-20-2007, 10:40 PM
If you've already joined the rare game hunt club, there are certain rare game that won't re-appear once you've defeated them.

There's a tip where you can have a little bit more easier time getting rare game to appear.
1) If you enter a secton where a rare game is supposed be, and it's not there, you can keep leaving that section and re-entering it again until it appears.
2) You can keep doing this over and over until the rare game shows up.
3) The easiest way to do this is to keep the Left-Stick held down.
4) Leave the Left-Stick held down to keep leaving and re-entering for 1/2 minute to 1 minute, and then go back into that section.
5) The rare game should then likely be there.

This should work for most rare game. A rare game is set to appear randomly whenever you go into a section. If you happen to leave that section at a given time and then come back into it, and the rare game appears upon re-entering that section, it will stay there regardless provided that you don't zone two sections.

There's some rare game, however, where you have to meet certain conditions in the section, and this tip won't work. One example is where you have to kill all of the foes and wait a certain amount of time before it appears.

I'm at the point where I just recruited Penelo. I've been able to find and kill Limbur Wolf, Nekhbet, Ripe Rampager, and Fideliant.

Greeden is the tricky one. It appeared a few times on the banks of the Nebra while I was doing what I could of the 'Patient in the Desert' mission. Now it won't appear.

Shiva_
04-21-2007, 01:12 AM
I'm at the point where I just recruited Penelo. I've been able to find and kill Limbur Wolf, Nekhbet, Ripe Rampager, and Fideliant.

Greeden is the tricky one. It appeared a few times on the banks of the Nebra while I was doing what I could of the 'Patient in the Desert' mission. Now it won't appear.

The Greeden is supposed to appear 3 minutes after you enter that section. You're not supposed to kill any of the cactus-based foes there.

People often chain respawnable rare game so they can obtain high-end equipment, ingredients for ultimate weapons, etc.

Many rare game have a certain % chance of spawning whenever you enter a section where they're supposed to be. It ranges from 5-40%. That tip I wrote out above will work ONLY on those rare game that spawn at a certain percentage rate upon entering. Two of them that it works well on are that mimic Ithuno (where you can steal Deathbringers from) and Bombshell (that you can chain on to try to obtain Yagyu Darkblades).

There are some rare game that will spawn only if you've killed a certain number of foes consecutively in that given section. In some cases, you've had to have killed a certain number of the same type of foe. On some, you have to wait in the section for a moment w/o killing anything.

The conditions vary depending on the rare game.

BG-57
04-23-2007, 12:31 PM
I got him, thanks. :)