PDA

View Full Version : Rumor sez...

Renmiri
04-17-2007, 06:28 AM
Rules: Post a rumor, then deny it. Any game counts

I'll start:

Game industry to use only fully clothed female characters

Rumor says that SE and other game companies have decided to stop depicting female characters as semi nude females, taking a clue from Barbie who stopped making busty dolls two decades ago.
However the executives on the game industry do like their money so they scrapped all the plans of clothing Lara Croft, Rikku, Fran and other game vixens. Fanboys of all ages can breathe easier now.

Xaven
04-17-2007, 07:30 AM
LocoRoco won't receive a sequel.

Oh wait, yes it will.

:)

Like that?

Wolf Kanno
04-17-2007, 10:14 AM
Final Fantasy VI Revival Project in the works...

Word has it that SE has been planning an "FFVI revival project" for some time now. The project will start with a 60 minute CG movie "sequel" to the game titled Final Fantasy VI: Reflections. The movie will be directed and produced by it's original director Yoshinori Kitase

The story takes place five years after the game and shows the life of the characters living their new lives and finally reuniting on the anniversary of the defeat of Kefka.

Kitase: "We felt that since VI had such a well rounded cast that the sequel should focus upon their personal relationships rather than trying to tell another epic tale."

Though the story is said not to be focusing on another major threat and thus will not feature many wonderful battles we are so familiar with in the series, Director Kitase has assured us that the movie will treat us with detailed "flashbacks" of major events from the game. One scene in particular has fans wondering...

Kitase: Yes, you will get to see the opera scene. (laughs) It's such an iconic scene in the game that it would be foolish not too.

Another fear is how the characters will be portrayed and SE is happy to announce that Yoshitaka Amano is reprising his role as world and character design. Also Nobuo Uematsu is confirmed for the soundtrack which will feature many new arrangements of classic themes. He's even joked about using the Black Mage version of "Dancing Mad".

Besides the movie sequel, the project will also feature many spin off games and prequels, much like the "FFVII Revival Project". Two prequel games already have fans wondering... Final Fantasy VI: Dreaming Requiem and Final Fantasy VI: Maestro of Madness.

FFVI: DR is a prequel starring the enigamatic Shadow that tells the events of his life including the infamous "dream sequences" from the game.

Kitase: Shadow is a fan favorite but many fans wish to see the "flashbacks" expanded on explain the nature of his relationship between the people in his past.

The game will feature cameos of Kefka, Relm , Strago, Owzer, Daryl and Setzer. It will also feature a slew of new character including Roule, the Jidoorian officer sent to arrest the Train Robbers Shadow. Roule is seen using rifles as his weapon of choice. The KH team will be working on this project with Nomura doing character designs. It's said to be an stealth action game similiar to MGS and Tenchu.

FFVI:MoM is another prequel with a startling main protaganist. Kefka. The game tells the story of Kefka and his rise through the ranks of the Gestahlian Empire and the eventual experiment that drove him mad. Finally fans will get to see the man behind the madness. This game even features a more stunning cameo list with almost every majot character showing up.

Kitase: We felt it was time to expand on what really drove this character. In the game, he's already driven mad but with the prequel we can show a different more human side to the future demi-god.

The game not only focuses on Kefka but also shows the going ons of almost every cast member (except Umaro and Gogo) and shows that amny of the cast has unwittingly met their future arch-nemisis before the original story even took place. No word about what the game is like but it's rumor to be on the PSP.

Two other projects are said to be in the works as well including a DS game starring Relm and the other being a sequel focusing on Terra.

When asked when fans could be expecting to see the projects released, SE laughed and said "Never, we were pulling your leg. April Fools!"

How was that? ;)

Mirage
04-17-2007, 10:23 AM
I'm sorta thinking we'll get nubs asking question about the very rumours we make up here in a few years, after they saw them out of context on some Google search results page.

Hazzard
04-17-2007, 10:25 AM
HEY, IS THAT TRUE WHAT YOU SAID WOLF KANNO!?

Only joking, that was very humorous and detailed. Laughing out Loud; Shadow's story...Funny funny guy...

Avahne
04-17-2007, 11:28 AM
SQUARE-ENIX AND DISNEY PATHS TO LEAD DIFFERENT WAYS

It was confirmed today that Square-Enix and Disney will not be collaborating together for any further titles in the Kingdom Hearts series. Although not too much is known at present, officials from Square-Enix have been reported to state that "the future of [Kingdom] Hearts will not contain Disney". When Disney officials were questioned, they declined to comment.

It is currently unknown why such a decision has been made. Some speculate that this may be due to running out of new Disney ideas to incorporate into the game, whereas others think there have been disagreements as to which direction the series will take. It is likely that Square-Enix will, however, continue the series, after the immense popularity shown for Kingdom Hearts II. A source inside Disney has implied that Disney may consider creating their own series of games, but most fans of the Kingdom Hearts series expect such a venture to fail, with the games being too 'childish'.

The threat of legal action seems unlikely at this point, for either party.

When asked to comment, Sora told us that "none of this is true; you shall be the one to open to door". Experts are still deciding what this means.

Shlup
04-17-2007, 08:48 PM
I'm wearing pants.

:o

Hazzard
04-17-2007, 08:50 PM
I'm wearing pants.

:o

*Does that sexy whistle thing*

The Summoner of Leviathan
04-17-2007, 08:56 PM
WiiStation?

In a surprising turn of events, Nintendo, the gaming giant famous for both its consoles and video games franchises (Mario, Zelda, etc...) has actually bought out its long time rival Sony. Many fans speculate as to the future of the gaming world. There is great hope that with these two giants working together the next system to be released will have Microsoft running for its money.

Renmiri
04-17-2007, 09:35 PM
How was that? ;)

:cry: I want that rumor to be true!!! :(

FFXII gets a plot

Rumor says that SE decided to scrap the first version and remake FFXII for the PS3, this time spending some money to pay for writers instead of relying on untrained monkeys like last time.
However, all the money spent on buffs for Yiazmat and Omega has dried SE's coffers and the game will remain plotless and on the PS2

(Soweee WK and Setz )

Dr. Acula
04-18-2007, 01:55 AM
How was that? ;)

[/I]

So do I!!!:cry:

Wolf Kanno
04-18-2007, 08:58 AM
I'm sorta thinking we'll get nubs asking question about the very rumours we make up here in a few years, after they saw them out of context on some Google search results page.

That's sorta've what I was hoping for:D

HEY, IS THAT TRUE WHAT YOU SAID WOLF KANNO!?

Only joking, that was very humorous and detailed. Laughing out Loud; Shadow's story...Funny funny guy...

I was trying to make it sound realistic and also an obvious parallel to the "Compilation of FinAl Fantasy VII"

How was that? ;)

So do I!!!:cry:

Would be interesting to see, but the controversy that would erupt in the FFVI forums would be hilarious. The whole "human side of Kefka" would split the community in half alone;)

P.S. Renmiri... I'll get my revenge shortly:shifty:

Fonzie
04-18-2007, 01:29 PM
I thought the title said "Rumor Sex". I leave, disappointed. :(

Setzer Gabianni
04-18-2007, 01:57 PM
How was that? ;)

FFXII gets a plot

Rumor says that SE decided to scrap the first version and remake FFXII for the PS3, this time spending some money to pay for writers instead of relying on untrained monkeys like last time.
However, all the money spent on buffs for Yiazmat and Omega has dried SE's coffers and the game will remain plotless and on the PS2

(Soweee WK and Setz )

I hates you. :(

Wolf Kanno
04-19-2007, 08:05 AM
Squeenix sued in civil lawsuit by the women's lib...

After years of falsely portraying and exploiting female characters, the women's lib. unit has filed a class action lawsuit against the videogame company as well as several other famous game companies.

Ivam Aman (head of the Women's lib movement) : "It is appalling what these videogame companies are doing to our children these days. They teach our girls that they will always be shown up by men and teach boys that woman are brainless and lack any right to a personal opinion. It has to be put to a stop so that future generations will understand that we must learn to coexist as equals."

The oddest thing is the money the movement won in the settlement is being used for Square-Enix to go back and create PC versions of their popular games. VII will finally be remade but in this version, Aerith will not be killed (violence against women) and Tifa will have a breast reduction and will now where a less revealing outfit. FFVIII will now feature the sorcerous' as the good guys battling aginst a male figure who is head of a military power and tricking SeeD into believing the "witches" are evil. FFIX will have Vivi becoming a girl and will be featured more prominently, Yuna from FFX will have a complete change to her personality...

Ivam Aman: Yuna is the worst! She has no opinion of her own and is so weak willed in the story that the others have to reassure her of her "supposed decision". She teaches girls that we can't make decisions and we need a man around (Tidus) to finally get us to do anything. It's completely ridiculous.

Yuna will now be remade into a "modern woman" figure. She is confident and takes charge.

Nomura: Her personality will be similiar to Lady Ashe from FFXII.

Also noted for changes is Lulu and Rikku getting less revealing outfits (Victorian style anyone?) and FFX-2 is removed cause of it's over skimpy outfit and braindead story.

"Lightening" from the upcoming FFXIII is being changed as well. She will now be a "cute but chubby girl with a less than attractive face who is trying to show the male chauvanistic (sp?) world of FFXIII that when a girl puts her mind to it, she can be just as good as the guys regardless how she looks on the outside.

Many fans are in an uproar except for the the change in FFX that makes Tidus look more like Meg Ryan (now voiced by her as well). Go figure...

This would have all happened if it wasn't for the fact that most of their grounds are unfounded, it's highly illegal, and no one really cares;)

Renmiri
04-19-2007, 08:35 PM
P.S. Renmiri... I'll get my revenge shortly:shifty:

Squeenix sued in civil lawsuit by the women's lib...

This would have all happened if it wasn't for the fact that most of their grounds are unfounded, it's highly illegal, and no one really cares;)

Chauvinist!!! :p

( burns Rikku's bra )

:love: Good one WK! :love:

I hates you. :(
Awww.. Here, have a "Bergan cookie"

http://ffproject.net/forumwiki/images/Capture_13042007_200712.jpg

ReloadPsi
04-19-2007, 08:59 PM
Tifa Lockhart to star in spinoff tokusatsu series

Japanese video game producer Square-Enix have recently stated that, amidst the success of the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII, there was a high level of fan complaints that Tifa was not given enough attention, even in the bestselling novel "On The Way to a Smile", which critics said was "dull" and "written in the style of a twelve year old who had never before played the game". The highly successful game development firm have consequently sold the rights to Toei, famous for their Super Sentai franchise (Power Rangers in North America), who will be producing "Madoushiken: Tifa no Densetsu".

"I think we've really smurfing done it this time!" said Yoshinori Kitase, who was too ecstatic to say anything else.

Tetsuya Nomura added that "We knew we were onto something when the polygon limit forced use to increase Tifa's breast size. We'd been wanting to appeal to all the male fans as far back as when we designed the White Mage's sprite in Final Fantasy III but couldn't quite get it right." Nomura will be acting as the casting director for the new show.

Auditions are already underway for characters to film a pilot episode, and principal photography is expected to begin in July of this year. The series will be shot entirely on location in the ruins of Midgar.

===============

I think this rumour just debunks itself, mainly by the statements issued by the Square-Enix staff, as well as the claims it'll be shot in Midgar.

Nerdy bastard's note: "Madoushiken: Tifa no Densetsu" means "Magefist: Legend of Tifa".

That's a definite, Mir.

Then we must wish the Knights some HAPPY BANNING TO COME or something.

Mercen-X
04-19-2007, 09:39 PM
FFVIII will now feature the sorcerous' as the good guys battling aginst a male figure who is head of a military power and tricking SeeD into believing the "witches" are evil.

You're first rumor sounded like official news. This one has a major flaw.

Sorceress' . . . not sorcerous'.

Wolf Kanno
04-20-2007, 09:47 AM
FFVIII will now feature the sorcerous' as the good guys battling aginst a male figure who is head of a military power and tricking SeeD into believing the "witches" are evil.

You're first rumor sounded like official news. This one has a major flaw.

Sorceress' . . . not sorcerous'.

Every forum has to have a grammar nazi:p J/K

I was rushing through the post so I didn't bother to double check everything. I was also trying to make it sound pretty bogus and be more "tongue and cheek" cause I'm dealing with a topic that is sorta've sensitive to people. I'm surprised no one even mentioned my bad attempt on a play with words for the women's lib leader...

Psi... that was awsome... I got horrible flashbacks of the live action Sailor Moon series that was released a few years back.

Renmiri
04-20-2007, 06:06 PM
Aye Psi, that was great!

I got awful flashbacks to a homemade german movie I bumped into, with Rikku, Brother and Yuna in cosplay. Ugh!

Mercen-X
05-03-2007, 06:54 PM
Wait, Sailor Moon? Where's that coming from?

Bunny
05-03-2007, 07:14 PM
Video games suck.

Mercen-X
05-09-2007, 09:03 PM
Compilation of Final Fantasy VII Not Yet Finished

It seems the guys at Squee have yet to wash their hands of Final Fantasy VII. Inspired by a story on the internet called Final Fantasy VII: Outcry of Torment, production has begun on an interactive VII title that takes place eight years in the future.

The story revolves around Marlene and Denzel who've now taken up the fight for the future of the Planet by joining the WRO founded by Reeve Tuesti in Dirge of Cerberus.

A new menace threatens the planet, bringing with it stark reminders of old tragedies and unwanted memories of disturbing people. The main villain, Aesop, is a former scientist from ShinRa's Reseach and Development Division. He and a few other former colleagues of professors Gast and Hojo, work toward the goal of summoning the perfect weapon.

Characters like Priscilla and Shake and even Shelke from DoC take lead roles as allies and traveling companions for Marlene and Denzel.

New characters taken directly from Outcry of Torment, including Kazic and Raine, will also act as team mates throughout the course of the game.

The battle system has been completely overhauled. As the game is classified to be an Action/RPG, it's hardly a surprise that the ATB has been removed. Like Kingdom Hearts, the fights take place in real time. The grouping is very interesting. In battle, there are always three fighters. You have two options by which to control them. You can either switch places with someone (whether or not they're currently in your group) or you can switch which character is being controlled. It can be assumed easily enough that this function would be suited to the shoulder buttons.

The fighting styles chosen by the lead characters are reminiscent of old favorites.
Denzel, wielding a light one-handed sword, fights with a mix of swordsmanship and hand-to-hand; Marlene has a dart-shooter attached at her wrist; Kazic fights with a kendo sword similarly in style to Cloud's tactics; Raine is a twin gunner; etc.

Appearances in-game will be made by the entire original VII cast of heroes, the Turks, Sephiroth, a character similar to Axel from Kingdom Hearts 2, and even Koji Masuda and Claire Andrews from Ehrgeiz.

However, mid-production, the team has learned that the internet story from which the game stems has no following and therefore must be a waste of time and money. Sadly this means we won't be seeing a 12-year-old white-haired girl transform into the reincarnation of Sephiroth.

Mercen-X
05-14-2007, 08:37 PM
Mighty Morphin' Fantasy

News hit American shores today of a new Final Fantasy movie. Apparently, the flop that is Spirits Within has not deterred the game company from trying it's hand yet again at filmmaking.
The story takes place on a planet similar to Earth and the populace faces the threat of invasion by a neighboring planet which harbors the ability to create biogenic supermonsters. On an interesting note, the heroes of this latest installment are transforming ninja. To the disdain of many American fans, the film is live-action and will be re-cast in America by actors whom most doubt will play to par.

As much as the 5-year-old in us all would love to see a modern Final Fantasy version of Power Rangers, let's be honest: Final Fantasy isn't for 5-year-olds. To the relief of gamers across the U.S., Japanese fans were apparently not thrilled with the idea either and actually blatantly protested the production of this film. In order to save face before the crowds gathering enmasse, Yoshitaka Amano, head of production, quickly announced the cancellation of this horrendous mutilation of a fan treasure.

Cookie
05-14-2007, 08:40 PM
i herd u liek mudkipz

Mercen-X
05-14-2007, 09:00 PM
I feel so unappreciated.:(

Renmiri
05-14-2007, 09:04 PM
Oh sorry, I missed those posts.

However, mid-production, the team has learned that the internet story from which the game stems has no following and therefore must be a waste of time and money. Sadly this means we won't be seeing a 12-year-old white-haired girl transform into the reincarnation of Sephiroth.

:p Hillarious! :p

Mighty Morphin' Fantasy

Ditto!

2 points for ya :D

Mercen-X
05-15-2007, 05:38 PM
Oooh yeah! There are points now! And they're all mine! *hordes points*

FYI: The fictional Final Fantasy VII: Outcry of Torment actually exists in the Writer's Corner.

Renmiri
05-15-2007, 05:49 PM
really ? Even more funny :D