PDA

View Full Version : Manly Tears of Passion...

Wolf Kanno
04-17-2007, 11:03 AM
I remember a thread being made like this before but I think that was awhile ago. Anyway...

This is an anime thread about scenes in anime that you found really touching and may have "gasp" actually shed a tear...;)

For me it was the ending to Tenchi Muyo! In Love. I really never liked time travel stories but this one was done rather well and is really touching. Tenchi's monologue at the end is really touching as well as the tragic revelation about his mother...

My other favorite anime moment is the movie "Night On the Galactic Railroad" the whole damn movie is really beautiful and is a testament to the brilliance of Kenji Miyazawa. It's theme of death and purpose was beautifully told.

I'll post a few more later...

Big D
04-17-2007, 12:11 PM
Final two episodes of Fruits Basket.
Virtually every major character has an amazing role in the story's conclusion, and the direction is masterful.

Tallulah
04-17-2007, 04:48 PM
The end of Spirited Away is really touching, and made my eyes well up a bit... :cry:

Nominus Experse
04-17-2007, 04:51 PM
Cowboy Bebop: it was that cursed song Blue that had me well up. It was a strange, happy and yet quite sad sort of tear - which made it all very confusing to me.

I think Wolf's Rain was supposed to be terribly sad, but I found it lol-worthy.

TyphoonThaReapa
04-17-2007, 05:00 PM
Cowboy Bebop: it was that cursed song Blue that had me well up. It was a strange, happy and yet quite sad sort of tear - which made it all very confusing to me.

I think Wolf's Rain was supposed to be terribly sad, but I found it lol-worthy.

Cowboy Bebop is the best example I can think of. And Wolf's Rain was tight and lol worthy. Erieka Seven is ok I guess. Trinity Blood was the :skull::skull::skull::skull:!:cool:

Marshall Banana
04-17-2007, 10:07 PM
What? That's crazy. Wolf's Rain is severely depressing near the end. Some characters' deaths are so unexpected and shocking. Toboe and Quent's deaths are good examples. =O

However, I think INUYASHA moves me the most. It can make me happy, sad, tearful, or even homocidal. The scene in which Inuyasha cries over his friends is noteworthy, but I think Kagura's death and Kikyou's final death (XD) are two of the best scenes in all of Inuyasha. It's too bad they aren't animated.

Nominus Experse
04-17-2007, 10:35 PM
I found most of Wolf's Rain a joke, and thus my response when everything fell apart.

Renmiri
04-17-2007, 11:04 PM
What? That's crazy. Wolf's Rain is severely depressing near the end. Some characters' deaths are so unexpected and shocking. Toboe and Quent's deaths are good examples. =O
QFT

Kagura's death and Kikyou's final death (XD) are two of the best scenes in all of Inuyasha. It's too bad they aren't animated.

:eek: They DIE ?!?!? :eek:

Curse you for untagged SPOILERS!!!!

j/k I don't mind spoilers

- When the Major dies at Ghost in the Shell
- Wolf's Rain
- Spirited Away, when the dragon is almost bleeding to death
- Princess Mononoke
- Howl's near death on Howl's Moving Castle
- Full Metal Alchemist when they try to resurrect their mom at the beginning, all the war stuff that gets remembered, the blood of kids used for stones...
- When the old man dies in Big O

Can anyone tell I cry even on butter commercials ? :p