PDA

View Full Version : The Horror...

Spammerman
04-17-2007, 09:58 PM
Recently, my class was programmed for high school. A lot of my friends got some G1 classes. My classes make me look like an over achiever. My friends think I'll have no life.
I have
Honors Geometry(10th Grade)
Honors Biology(10th Grade)
Honors English
Honors Western World Civilization
Spanish 3
I forgot my electives, but in the high school im going to, they allow you to build boats and fishing rods and work on boat motors.
So, what were your classes in high school? What do you think of my schedule?

Araciel
04-17-2007, 10:07 PM
the path of least resistence.

general all the way

Reles
04-18-2007, 05:49 PM
I took mostly honors classes too. I loved honors classes, learned so much more from them. :P Also took up to French 4 and up to Algebra III. If you plan on taking Spanish in college, make sure they put you in the right class. :( I've taken two semesters and I'm learning the same thing over and over again in college.

The Summoner of Leviathan
04-18-2007, 07:22 PM
To keep it simple I will list the classes I took in Grade 11 and 12. Bio, Chem, Physics, Math, French Immersion (FI) Language Arts, FI World Issues, FI Canadian History, English Language Arts, Modern History, Theatre Arts and Multi Media/Digital Tech. It should be noted my high school only offers advanced courses in Chemistry and Math, both of which I took.

Your course load seems a bit heavy but I am sure you can handle it. Best of luck!

EDIT: I hate the fact that my high school did not offer AP or Honours courses.

Xaven
04-19-2007, 07:49 AM
This year:
Band, Algebra II Honors, English 10 Honors, Chemistry Honors, World Civ Honors, Free-Period/Library-Aide (1st/2nd semester)

I'll take trigonometry/pre-calculus over the summer

Next year:
Biology AP, English 11 AP, US History all for sure. US History may or may not be AP depending on how much my couselor and I think I can handle, what with me being lazy. Band may be replaced with choir if the assistant director does indeed leave, which would also mean I have to take P.E. because I wouldn't be in marching band anymore. I plan to be doing Calculus I and II at a community college to get through them both in one year.

Resha
04-19-2007, 08:09 AM
Bless y'all, what are honours classes? Are they like advanced classes or can anyone just take them?

Xaven
04-19-2007, 08:27 AM
Bless y'all, what are honours classes? Are they like advanced classes or can anyone just take them?
It's supposed to be a course at an accelerated rate that delves deeper into the subject. Basically smart people classes when AP or IB isn't available.

Christmas
04-19-2007, 04:02 PM
It's supposed to be a course at an accelerated rate that delves deeper into the subject. Basically smart people classes when AP or IB isn't available.

I wish I can attend honor classes too and I want my subjects to be Rye or Shiny. cccchhhhhuuuu~~~~~ :bigsmile:

Proxy
04-19-2007, 06:21 PM
Thats not too bad. I took all Advanced classes, I guess they would be the same as honors.
Biology & Western World Civ = <3
Good luck!

Breine
04-19-2007, 06:46 PM
Throughout the years of my three years at the Danish equivalent (sp?) of High School I've had the following classes:

Danish, Math, Chemistry, Physics, Athletics, Latin, Biology, Geography, Spanish, German, English, Art Class, Religion, Philosophy, Classical Civilization/Studies Class, History ... I think that's about it.

Zeldy
04-19-2007, 07:38 PM
American schooling confuses me so much, English schooling is so straight forward.

Im currently at High school, and my subjects are: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Art, Sociology, English, Maths, PE, Food Technology, RE and History.

I used to do ICT, Geography, French, Spanish, Textiles, Woodworks, Graphics and Music but I was able to drop them before GCSE. Chuft ;]

Ive never had the option to do "honours", but I geuss doing my English Literature GCSE a year earlier could be seen as something similar. I probably would be in an "honour" class for Sociology too, as I am teh sociology nerd.

Rocket Edge
04-19-2007, 09:52 PM
The 7 classes i choose were:

Maths (Ordinary)
Irish (Ordinary)
English (Higher)
Biology (Ordinary)
Geography (Higher)
Construction (Higher)
Business (Higher)

To this day i'm still annoyed i didn't pick art in my first year. :mad:

Essência
04-19-2007, 09:54 PM
In my highschool I have to take Portuguese A, Inglish A, Germany, Latim, philosophy, E.Physical, TIC'S and Litherature for the curse I want. But Instead I am taking another curse and for next year I'll take this one that I said cause its what I want. Btw, my highschool suck.:cry:

Rase
04-21-2007, 02:47 AM
You schedule seems pretty solid to me. Best of luck with your Honors classes. As for what I took/am taking in high school.

Grade 9:
English 9
Spanish I
Geometry
Physical Education
Physical Science
Art I

Grade 10:
English 10
Spanish II
Algebra I
Physical Education