PDA

View Full Version : FFXIII confirmed as not exclusive to PS3 (turns out it is)

DK
04-17-2007, 10:54 PM
Yup. (http://www.ps3center.net/story-394.html)

Tavrobel
04-17-2007, 11:04 PM
Sony is so screwed. Where's Joel when you need him?

Roto13
04-17-2007, 11:17 PM
Smurf yeah! Now all I need is MGS 4!

Crossblades
04-18-2007, 12:04 AM
Woohoo! I don't have to buy a PS3 anymore!:D

MecaKane
04-18-2007, 12:06 AM
The project won't be exclusive to PS3 or the main game FFXIII won't be?

Tavrobel
04-18-2007, 12:19 AM
Sounds like the main game will not be exclusive.

Dr. Acula
04-18-2007, 12:58 AM
I hope it's on Wii. I've been meaning to get one of those.

DK
04-18-2007, 01:06 AM
If something is going to be on the Wii, it won't be the main game. I don't see how they could put it out without a drastic reduction in quality, let alone somehow impliment the Wiimote and all that shiet. It'd be a stand alone game designed to use the controller, if anything. How that would work I have no idea, but I don't really care either. :monster:

XxSephirothxX
04-18-2007, 01:15 AM
This hasn't yet been reported anywhere else, and it doesn't have a source, which is making me lean towards a "bull:skull::skull::skull::skull:" label. We'll have to wait and see if it spreads or receives some sort of official response. I hope it's true, as I'd love to play the game on the 360. We'll see.

Albel
04-18-2007, 01:37 AM
Please, PLEASE, be on the Wii or at least ps2. Because the only good game on the Wii is Zelda.

Roto13
04-18-2007, 04:15 AM
Please, PLEASE, be on the Wii or at least ps2. Because the only good game on the Wii is Zelda.

Go rent Trauma Center and Sonic and the Secret Rings and Wario Ware Smooth Moves. (Those are the good ones I've played.)

It's almost definitely not going to be for Wii or PS2. It's too flashy.

Ouch!
04-18-2007, 04:24 AM
XBox 360 is the only other logical option, as it's obviously the only other available console that would be able to support Final Fantasy XIII. The only other possibility is a PC release, but I expect that getting a computer good enough to support FFXIII is about as painful (if not more so) than buying a PlayStation 3.

If this is true, it's just another reason to get the XBox 360; they keep adding up.

Roto13
04-18-2007, 04:42 AM
Well this (along with, you know, the rest of the 360 library) would be enough to sway me from "maybe" to "definitely" as far as whether or not to buy an Xbox is concerned.

Ouch!
04-18-2007, 04:50 AM
Well this (along with, you know, the rest of the 360 library) would be enough to sway me from "maybe" to "definitely" as far as whether or not to buy an Xbox is concerned.
The Mistwalker titles and Eternal Sonata had almost already made up my mind for me. This is just icing on the cake.

Setzer Gabianni
04-18-2007, 06:42 AM
This doesn't make me happy. Not one bit. Still not going to get a console I'll be bored with (360, wii), I'll just get it for the PS3.

Elpizo
04-18-2007, 06:50 AM
No, start saving your money if you want to play Final Fantasy XIII and buy a PS3. In this recent Toriyama interview (scans below, and yes, it is in english), he doesn't say a single thing about FF XIII going to PS3. What he does say, is this:

"In fact, the Fabula Nova Crystallis Final Fantasy XIII project isn't just limited to three titles - there are many different aspects. In terms of the formats we're reaching, as well, it's not simply exclusive to the PS3 and mobile phones."

Also, we know he recently said that he loved working with PS3 and that the PS3 is an ideal console (to him) for FF XIII. So no, no FF XIII on 360 I'm afraid. But, like said above, there's still Hearesis and probably 2 other FNC-games that are still console-less. I can see one of those going to 360.

http://www.forever-fantasy.net/modules/4nAlbum/album/imagesgalleryffix_/scans/april_ausplaystationmag_01.jpg
http://www.forever-fantasy.net/modules/4nAlbum/album/imagesgalleryffix_/scans/april_ausplaystationmag_02.jpg
http://www.forever-fantasy.net/modules/4nAlbum/album/imagesgalleryffix_/scans/april_ausplaystationmag_03.jpg
http://www.forever-fantasy.net/modules/4nAlbum/album/imagesgalleryffix_/scans/april_ausplaystationmag_04.jpg
http://www.forever-fantasy.net/modules/4nAlbum/album/imagesgalleryffix_/scans/april_ausplaystationmag_05.jpg

Source:
http://www.forever-fantasy.net/

Wolf Kanno
04-18-2007, 09:13 AM

I second this...

If something is going to be on the Wii, it won't be the main game. I don't see how they could put it out without a drastic reduction in quality, let alone somehow impliment the Wiimote and all that shiet. It'd be a stand alone game designed to use the controller, if anything. How that would work I have no idea, but I don't really care either. :monster:

Assuming this isn't forum bull:skull::skull::skull::skull: :rolleyes2: I would say the game design for Versus XIII would be the most liekly candidate for the Wii with it's changing gameplay styles, the Wii-mote has a far better chance of being user friendly than a normal controller. This is purely speculation though.

I also add that we have yet to see what the Wii and 360 can really do, since the two companies that usually make systems "stand up and do tricks" have yet to work on a game for either system. I'm of course referring to Squeenix and Kojima Productions.;) Though I must say Mistwalkers games have completely floored me...

Dreddz
04-18-2007, 10:41 AM
Its funny how you lot can believe this even though theres absolutely no proof other than one site on the internet saying so. And even the site has no link to any interview or anything. Im not saying its completely false, Im just saying it would be better to wait before you start jumping the gun.

Rostum
04-18-2007, 11:11 AM
Its funny how you lot can believe this even though theres absolutely no proof other than one site on the internet saying so. And even the site has no link to any interview or anything. Im not saying its completely false, Im just saying it would be better to wait before you start jumping the gun.

I think people are more or less just expressing their feelings on if it were to be released on Xbox360 as well as PS3. We've seen in interviews that it has been a possible thought on SquareEnix's mind.

I'm not going to say it defenately will go multiplatform, but it'll be interesting if it does, and it'd give me a reason to get an Xbox360 (as well as other RPG's coming out for it). I don't think I'd like FFXIII to head towards Wii, though I still plan on getting one.

Firo Volondé
04-18-2007, 11:20 AM
I don't think the Xbox 360 would handle FFXIII as well as the PS3 could, though I'd definitely get a 360 if this is true. By the time it comes out, I'll most likely be on a tight budget, and won't want to shell out a lot on money on video games.

Slothy
04-18-2007, 01:02 PM

I think people are more or less just expressing their feelings on if it were to be released on Xbox360 as well as PS3. We've seen in interviews that it has been a possible thought on SquareEnix's mind.

I agree that's likely the case, but if people are getting their hopes up over one site (that I've never even heard of) with no sources given and no coroboration from any other media outlet, I'd say they're setting themselves up for a big let down. The whole story screams either outright bull to me, or at least a misunderstanding of the fact that the entire FFXIII project as a whole isn't exclusive which was never a secret to begin with.

And I'd like to see some of these interviews you mention indicating Square was considering porting FFXIII to the 360. I've certainly seen them mention supporting it as well as the Wii, and not just the PS3 this gen, but I've never seen anyone at Square mention that they were even considering an FFXIII port.

Elpizo
04-18-2007, 03:20 PM

I agree that's likely the case, but if people are getting their hopes up over one site (that I've never even heard of) with no sources given and no coroboration from any other media outlet, I'd say they're setting themselves up for a big let down. The whole story screams either outright bull to me, or at least a misunderstanding of the fact that the entire FFXIII project as a whole isn't exclusive which was never a secret to begin with.

And I'd like to see some of these interviews you mention indicating Square was considering porting FFXIII to the 360. I've certainly seen them mention supporting it as well as the Wii, and not just the PS3 this gen, but I've never seen anyone at Square mention that they were even considering an FFXIII port.
It IS bull. On gamespot I've already learned that the staff of the site misinprented Toriyama's word from the interview that I posted in my post above.

Toriyama said FNC is not PS3 exclusive and that there will be other projects heading to different consoles. But he never said this about Final Fanatsy XIII. The site thought he was talking about FF XIII, which is wrong. Toriyama meant the entire Fabula Nova Crystalis project.

And of course FNC isn't exclusive to the PS3. We knew that since Agito showed up.

Rase
04-18-2007, 03:21 PM
While I'm a little less skeptical because this seems to be a site devoted to the PS3 and therefore it would be odd if they spread rumors that could hurt it, I'll wait until a press release from Square-Enix or Sony before believing anything, thanks.

Hazzard
04-18-2007, 06:53 PM
Square have sold their once, loyal sony devoted souls...

Slothy
04-18-2007, 07:31 PM
While I'm a little less skeptical because this seems to be a site devoted to the PS3 and therefore it would be odd if they spread rumors that could hurt it, I'll wait until a press release from Square-Enix or Sony before believing anything, thanks.

If anything, you should be more skeptical when you see a site, that I'm betting most here have never heard of (I certainly hadn't until they broke this "story"), reporting major news that even several hours after sweeping across the internet, none of the major media outlets have picked up on. News of this magnitude is reported by major media sources like IGN, Gamespot, etc. first, then filters down to the backwater sites. It doesn't start on a backwater site.

As Elpizo said, they most likely misinterpreted that interview, and I doubt it will be long before the more credible sources like IGN and Gamespot are debunking this with comments straight from the horses mouth before long. Even if it turned out that FFXIII wasn't going to be Sony exclusive, I'd bet money that these guys still just made a mistake and knew nothing of an actual announcement.

Roto13
04-18-2007, 07:48 PM

You mean when they stopped making games for Nintendo and started making them for Sony?

Sony, like most companies, goes where the money is. That's business.

Tavrobel
04-18-2007, 08:28 PM

LOL wrong.

Nintendo just pissed them off more at the time. There is no loyalty involved in the video game business, as long as there is a source of money. Go back to 1988, please, and learn your history.

Also, ths hasn't been confirmed by any other sites, otherwise, everyone, and I mean everyone would be all over this. If this can be chalked up to a misinterpretation, then nothing has really been lost.

Damnit, Roto, you beat me to it.

Hazzard
04-18-2007, 08:35 PM
Thanks Tavrobel and Roto, maybe I do need to learn my history.

It shows that no company is loyal, and they only think about the "cheese"...

Roto13
04-18-2007, 08:58 PM
Damnit, Roto, you beat me to it.

Yeah, by like 40 minutes. What the hell? xD

Tavrobel
04-18-2007, 09:00 PM
I saw it at school.

Hazzard
04-18-2007, 09:11 PM
I saw it at school.

Kids...

Oh yer, I'm one too.

atlanteay
04-18-2007, 11:06 PM
A new diagram for the Fabula Novo Crystallis Final Fantasy XIII (the collection of FFXIII games to be released) has three empty circles representing three un-announced games.

Could some of them be for DS, 360 or Wii? Hopefully, we'll learn at the Square-Enix Party 2007 in May.

http://gonintendo.com/wp-content/photos/ffxiii.JPG

Update: Motomu Toriyama of Square-Enix has said that the FF13 collection wont just be for PS3 and Mobile (two already announced for PS3 and one for mobile).

Source: http://www.ffcompilation.co.uk/

so there are three more unannounced games... chances are, they just might be on the Wii/360/DS

Rostum
04-19-2007, 12:08 AM
I don't think the Xbox 360 would handle FFXIII as well as the PS3 could, though I'd definitely get a 360 if this is true.

What makes you say that? The Xbox 360 would be very capable. There has been no real evidence that shows the PS3 is a lot more powerful.

Yeah that's true; I couldn't really imagine a fair few of these posts are from people getting their hopes up though. I am also very skeptical since I have never heard of the site before. I think perhaps they misinterpreted news from other sites.

I don't think we should rule out an Xbox 360 port though, or at least some other games from the FFXIII line to come on Xbox 360.

Serapy
04-19-2007, 12:29 AM
Wow that's such great news, so it's gonna be on PS2, PC and other systems? Great news indeed ^_^

Rase
04-19-2007, 12:54 AM
I take it you kind of skipped reading through this thread before posting.

Arc_Master_14
04-19-2007, 03:16 AM
Find that same news about kh3 and I "wont" kill myself

Maxico
04-19-2007, 08:42 AM
There is a difference between Final Fantasy XIII (the game) and Fabula Nova Crystallis Final Fantasy XIII (the project) people.

Way to completely misquote someone and run with it, guys

Slothy
04-19-2007, 12:18 PM
I don't think we should rule out an Xbox 360 port though, or at least some other games from the FFXIII line to come on Xbox 360.

I wouldn't count out other games in the whole FFXIII series coming out on Wii/360, but given Square's history, I don't find it that likely that they'll go multiplatform with a single title. How many games have they ever gone multiplatform with? I have trouble thinking of any, and they are also in a unique position in the sense that FFXIII very likely will be enough to sell PS3's. Especially when people start looking at the other great looking games coming to the console.

psyniac_123
04-19-2007, 02:57 PM
Too true :D

The black mage
04-20-2007, 11:08 AM
Oh well.

Now they are going to was time makeing i fit on to 9GB so it goes on Xbox360.
They could of had 50Gb but no they won't so now it will suck
also

What makes you say that? The Xbox 360 would be very capable. There has been no real evidence that shows the PS3 is a lot more powerful.

PS3 has a CELL MICROPROCESSOR that has 8 cores. and cad to 2 teleyflops (some mesurments for calclations per sec)
Xbox 360 has a Xenon prosesor with 3 cores. and carnt mange 1 teleyflop.

Ouch!
04-20-2007, 01:25 PM
PS3 has a CELL MICROPROCESSOR that has 8 cores. and cad to 2 teleyflops (some mesurments for calclations per sec)
As I'm sure you've noticed, the longer a system is out, the better developers get at using the system's specs to their fullest. This early in the game, I can't imagine that Final Fantasy XIII is going to utilize all of the PS3's capabilities. From what I've seen and heard, FFXIII doesn't really seem like something the XBox 360 isn't capable of handling.

Edit: I also don't understand why you would expect Square Enix to actually use 50GB for the game. That's... overkill.

Slothy
04-20-2007, 04:59 PM
Edit: I also don't understand why you would expect Square Enix to actually use 50GB for the game. That's... overkill.

Kojima has already stated he wants Sony to bring out the 50GB discs, not so much for HD content (though that takes a lot of room), but for all of the things he can do with the audio in MGS4 (audio takes up a lot of space too afterall). If Square wants to, they could easily use up a large chunk of space on a 50GB disc. Of course they could theoretically split it up between a few DVD's, but that's not really the point.

The black mage
04-20-2007, 06:03 PM
No its not. they wouln't have to comprease it meaning short load times.

Of course they could theoretically split it up between a few DVD's, but that's not really the point.
to get the same amount of storage you would need 5,6 DVD's. thats a lot of hasle

Slothy
04-20-2007, 07:27 PM
That's assuming they used a full 50GB disc. We used to switch out between as many as four CD's in the PSX days. However, to be able to render all of the various areas in the game at any point during a game would require the necessary information be on the discs, which would mean each disc containing a lot of the content (HD textures, audio, etc.) that's already on the other discs. I suppose looking at it that way, it could take more than the equivalent disc size in DVD's to do the job.

Yew-Yevon
04-20-2007, 08:03 PM
"In fact, the Fabula Nova Crystallis Final Fantasy XIII project isn't just limited to three titles - there are many different aspects. In terms of the formats we're reaching, as well, it's not simply exclusive to the PS3 and mobile phones."

Nothing about the game being multyplatform was said. rather He was stating the aspects of formats could be different.

Grim
04-20-2007, 08:04 PM
Square Enix has made no press release yet. However a sony executive in france has stated that whether or not FFXIII is going to be PS3 exclusive is being discussed. Here is the source for that http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/rpg/finalfantasy13/news.html?sid=6167864&om_act=convert&om_clk=mostpop&tag=mostpop;title;1. They say that game production is so expensive now, that's why it's exclusivity is in discussion.

Yew-Yevon
04-20-2007, 08:22 PM
Even with all the 360's power, I have yet to see somthing like this on their system. Most 360 game sofar are just shineir xbox1 games.

Maxico
04-20-2007, 08:34 PM
Oh man. I quite like the PS3 and if I ever invest in a next-gen console that will probably be my choice, but you're being an inexcusable idiot.

I'm not sure what a 'teleyflop' is, if you are referring 'terraflops' that is one thing Sony decided to capitalize on during E3. However, there are many other factors that decide a systems performance besides that and other factors in which the 360 has the advantage.

But huge uncompressed files would take longer to load from a disk than small compressed files.

Dotard
04-21-2007, 01:00 AM
[QUOTE=Grim; They say that game production is so expensive now, that's why it's exclusivity is in discussion.[/QUOTE]
The main reason that Sony lost exclusivity to such titles as GTA and Devil May Cry. They make so much more money if they distribute the game to a wider user-base. The company has to pay all the people behind the game (which if we're talking a blockbuster like FF 13, is quite bit), and at the same time generate enough revenue to have a profit. I'm sorry fanboys, but porting it to the 360 isn't shooting you through the heart, it's giving them better ability to deliver a better game, for they know they have the monetary backing of PS3 AND 360 players, so they can spend a little more to make it that much better. (I'm sorry if most of this was rambling, I'm kinda sick right now, but I hope I got the point across.)

Dr. Acula
04-21-2007, 07:47 AM
No matter what console it's on, I can't wait for it to come out.

The black mage
04-23-2007, 10:14 AM
I'm not sure what a 'teleyflop' is, if you are referring 'terraflops' that is one thing Sony decided to capitalize on during E3. However, there are many other factors that decide a systems performance besides that and other factors in which the 360 has the advantage.
Sorry i spelt it wrong

But huge uncompressed files would take longer to load from a disk than small compressed files.[/quote]
yes then the Xbox has to uncompres it, while PS3 starts to use it staright away

EDIT. yes i exspect that some of the difrent parts will be for Xbox, but no the main ones.

Croyles
04-26-2007, 06:36 PM
This news is false, since the same news cannot be found on any other website.
I really dont think it should go multiplat. It would not be too good on the xbox360, and the PS3 version would suffer immensely too, unless it goes out as a port, in which case 360 fans will get a crap deal.

I have a PS3, and I want it to stay PS3 exclusive, end of story :)

Raebus
04-26-2007, 06:52 PM
LOL I want it 2 sty on Da ps3 becoz I own 1.

Seriously, I'd love it if it went multiplatform. It would make me more than consider buying an xbox360 with its wide range of games.

Croyles
04-26-2007, 07:13 PM
LOL I want it 2 sty on Da ps3 becoz I own 1.

Yeah........... Sooooooo your point is? :rolleyes2

Seriously, imo it would also decrease in quality.

Raebus
04-26-2007, 07:15 PM
My point? I felt like switching to aim talk, you're aimism or racist against aim speak?

Oh god, who knows? Okay, I've heard all this rambling about Such and such a console being more powerful than the other and etc etc insert more bickering but I don't care if its a slight dip in quality, I'd just be happy playing the game.

Slothy
04-27-2007, 01:11 PM
Ok, it would seem a post I made earlier got lost in the forum rollback so I'll post it again.

The odds of this game ever coming out on the 360 are even more slim than they were before if you ask me. A friend of mine read in a developer interview that making a game specifically for the 360/PC and porting it to the PS3, or vice versa (we're talking something that really takes advantage of each systems hardware to the fullest here), would essentially take almost as long and cost as much, if not more, than developing it from scratch. It makes sense since each are totally different hardware architectures. You won't generally see it with current games since they don't tend to exploit the hardware they're on fully, and I doubt you'll see it on games that start out with multi-platform release in mind, but let's just think here; which game is utilizing an engine specifically designed to take advantage of the PS3?

If Square wanted to port it over to the 360, it'd be almost like starting from scratch, since the game engine itself would need a pretty big overhaul.

No.78
04-27-2007, 03:42 PM
Well I'm not getting a 360 just cos it's cheaper. I still wanna play Tekken 6 and probably SoulCalibur 4 n stuff. VSXIII is probably gonna be PS3 exclusive as well so...

Mirage
05-01-2007, 05:00 PM
I find it interesting that UltimaMasamune (http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-xiii/100660-game-v13-will-never-go-multiplatform.html) hasn't posted in here yet.

Sadly, Soul Calibur 4 will still require me to get a PS3. Hopefully, that game will go multiplatform too, like they did with SC2.

Roto13
05-01-2007, 05:25 PM
Who says SC4 will be a PS3 exclusive? The only Soul Calibur game that was exclusive to a PlayStation was SC3. Also Soul Blade, if you count that. Namco decided to focus on developing SC3 for one console so they could pay more attention to it. (Which apparently wasn't enough for them to not forget to put in Team Battle mode, but whatever.) They chose the PS2 because SC 2 sold more on PS2 worldwide than it did on the other two consoles. With the way things are going now, that doesn't seem likely any more. I'd be willing to bet it'll also be on Xbox 360.

Mirage
05-01-2007, 06:59 PM
I heard the GC version of SC2 sold best (like anything with lol Link in it). Anyway, wasn't Soul Blade a PS1 exclusive?

Roto13
05-09-2007, 03:16 AM
I heard the GC version of SC2 sold best (like anything with lol Link in it). Anyway, wasn't Soul Blade a PS1 exclusive?

The GCN version sold the best in North America, but not overall. And I said that about Soul Blade. :P

I wouldn't count out other games in the whole FFXIII series coming out on Wii/360, but given Square's history, I don't find it that likely that they'll go multiplatform with a single title. How many games have they ever gone multiplatform with? I have trouble thinking of any

I'll help you. Final Fantasy XI.

Slothy
05-09-2007, 01:50 PM
I wouldn't count out other games in the whole FFXIII series coming out on Wii/360, but given Square's history, I don't find it that likely that they'll go multiplatform with a single title. How many games have they ever gone multiplatform with? I have trouble thinking of any

Ok, so you caught me on the only FF I've never actually played, but the fact that you could only name one practically proves my point. FFXI is an exception, and a pretty rare one at that. And not all that surprising either since it's long term profitability is dependant on drawing in more users constantly in order to keep it going. Toss in the fact that it was an MMO and at the time it was originally released, MMO's weren't generally million sellers in a short period and it made sense to release it to as wide an audience as possible, or in this case, pretty much any platform with internet access.

Croyles
05-13-2007, 02:57 PM
Final Fantasy XIII PS3 Preview, Final Fantasy XIII Playstation 3 Preview (http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3159488)

Square Enix revealed a tiny trickle of new info and imagery for Final Fantasy XIII at its massive Square Enix Party 2007 event in Tokyo today. It's becoming tragically clear that tacking a few seconds of new footage onto a slightly remixed trailer constitutes a major update these days, so fans will simply have to contend with meager crumbs of intel until the floodgates finally open at some undisclosed future time, but we do have a few new minor details about the game.

FFXIII once again wowed crowds with its blend of jaw-droppingly gorgeous CG and almost equally sexy real-time combat scenes. Most of the new content came at the trailer's outset, as surreal, beautiful landscapes from one of the game's "worlds," Pulse, flashed across the screen in rapid succession. These environments (seemingly real-time) looked so intensely alien that it's hard to even process exactly what we were seeing...other than the fact that they're spectacularly pretty.

After that, we once again saw oddly-named heroine Lightning dispatching foes with her high-tech weaponry, absurd acrobatics, and impressive abilities to control both time and gravity. The recycled trailer then showcased her mysterious blonde male friend (a fellow party member, hopefully?) performing impressive motorcycle feats, the supersexy summon Shiva (and her twin sister of sorts) morphing into a motorbike, and plenty of ridiculously over-the-top action that seems far too chaotic and detailed to actually be gameplay.

Fans with watchful eyes caught tiny glimpses of new stuff, like summoned monster Ifrit and a new type of enemy solider, but most of the trailer felt like a rehash of what Square has been rolling out since last E3. No release date was given, naturally, but the game's PS3 exclusivity was once again confirmed at the clip's end.

There you go. End of story. I think this thread could be closed no? :p

Vivisteiner
05-13-2007, 03:39 PM
Yep. FFXIII and FFvXIII are exclusive to PS3.

The other titles in the FNC might not be/aren't.

Leonheart188
06-06-2007, 03:52 PM
so, we can still argue, my opinion ps3 is the weakest, not by techincal, no, by the fans, Nintendo and microsoft, both have devouted fans, but sony are losing theres, if Square hadnt of left nintendo, then sony would of prob failed miserably, have any of you seen the pictures of what ff7 would of looked liked on the n64, they look alot better than the ps1, anyway, many manufactures of stated that they cant develop for ps3, because the expenditure will be too much, they dont have the software to be able to manage the blu-ray etc, there wil lbe rarely any third party developers for it, due to they cant afford the software to make the ps3 games, look at Kojima's , hes begged satora iwata, to put snake into super smash bros brawl, begged, people are losing faith in the console. I seemed to have gone off track a little lol

Anyway back to ffXIII, i heard that there making three games to get the whole story line, two of them are for ps3 and one of them is a mobile phone game, please correct me if im mistaken about this, they might have changed it.

Croyles
06-06-2007, 04:22 PM
have any of you seen the pictures of what ff7 would of looked liked on the n64, they look alot better than the ps1 Umm no it didnt?

http://papay256.free.fr/~Divers/FFVII%20-%20ePSXe/Final%20Fantasy%207%20-%20ePSXe%20-%20capture%206.png
Vs:
http://media.arstechnica.com/journals/thumbs.media/ff64-6.gif

FFXIII and FF Versus XIII are for the PS3. Square-Enix alone is not enough to determine the success or failure of a console, although it does help.

Treasure Hunter Locke
06-21-2007, 03:56 AM

The GCN version sold the best in North America, but not overall. And I said that about Soul Blade. :P

FFVII and FFVIII are also on the PC.

Dragonface
06-21-2007, 09:35 PM
Anyway back to ffXIII, i heard that there making three games to get the whole story line, two of them are for ps3 and one of them is a mobile phone game, please correct me if im mistaken about this, they might have changed it.

Sadly for you that Square has comfirm that the project itself has SIX diffent FFXIII's, we just not been told what the other three are as Square will when FFXIII is ready AND when VSXIII is still in the making.

Croyles
06-22-2007, 06:12 PM
Is this STILL marked as important? This exclusivity rumour has been debunked countless times (by SE themselves) and the thread title gives people the wrong idea. Unless they change their plans, Final Fantasy XIII and Versus XIII are PS3 exlusive.

strikerworld
06-24-2007, 06:57 PM
"There has been much recent talk about Final Fantasy XIII being ported to the Xbox 360, or any other Final Fantasy games for that matter.

Square Enix executive, Shinji Hashimoto, has pointed out to Nikkei BP(website) that Square Enix's plans for Final Fantasy on the 360 is a blank slate, where as the wii has Crystal Chronicles, and the PS3 of course has Final Fantasy XIII and Versus XIII."

source: Final Fantasy XIII ~ FF-XIII.net (http://www.ff-xiii.net)

Final fantasy MAIN games were always been on the playstation console;
Final fantasy Origins(ff1 & ff2)~ps1
Final Fantasy Chronicle(Chrono Trigger & ff4) ~ps1
Final Fantasy Anthology( ff5 & ff6) ~ps1
Final Fantasy 7 ~ps1
Final Fantasy 8 ~ps1
Final Fantasy 9 ~ps1
Final Fantasy 10 ~ps2
Final Fantasy 12 ~ps2

It would be just wrong for a final fantasy MAIN game to be on a different console. It should just be on ps3 exclusive.
Im not bashing the xbox 360 because it has alot of good games with good graphic. Im not bashing the wii also.

Most of you say that the ps3 cost too much but by the time final fantasy XIII will be out , the ps3 price of surely drop. Since i like playing RPG i will definitly buy a ps3 someday when more games will be out . Im sure alot of Rpg will be out on ps3 like:
Breath of fire Series
Final Fantasy Series
Dragon quest series
Lunar Series
Stars Ocean Series
Suikoden Series
Tales of... series
Xenosaga series
Chrono series
./hack series
Arc the Lad series
Legend of legaia series
Grandia series
Wild Arms series
.. and alot more so yea... im getting off topic:mad:

Hyperion4444
07-02-2007, 01:27 AM
have any of you seen the pictures of what ff7 would of looked liked on the n64, they look alot better than the ps1

I wouldn't doubt that (N64:64bits/PS1:32bits), but the reason why Square made FF7 for Playstation is because N64 didn't support FMV format video in their games.(OPM article)

Ok, so you caught me on the only FF I've never actually played, but the fact that you could only name one practically proves my point. FFXI is an exception, and a pretty rare one at that. And not all that surprising either since it's long term profitability is dependant on drawing in more users constantly in order to keep it going. Toss in the fact that it was an MMO and at the time it was originally released, MMO's weren't generally million sellers in a short period and it made sense to release it to as wide an audience as possible, or in this case, pretty much any platform with internet access.

The reason is simple, the reason why they went to 360 is because Playstation release their new PS2.2 model (the small version), it was a mistake because that model couldn't support the HDD for the PS2, making it impossible for new buyers to play FFXI, and that only literatly months/a year after that game was released.
So in order to draw more people, they had to made due with PC versions and Xbox.

Overall, Square-Enix never thinks of making a new Final Fantasy simply for profits.
They go to the system that is best/more convient for them.
And in this Generation of Consoles, it's PS3.
If they want profit, they have Final Fantasy 7 for that.

All I wish is they make it 1080p(HD), with Partial/Full download(No Loading), Random Encouters(FFXII was fine, but there was no Battle Theme except Bosses!) and over 200hours of gameplay of pure story excluding side quests(Is it too much 100+? Or Not Enough 400+?)
Offline Multi-Player Co-op would also be nice. One that you don't need to start a new story in order to get it. (Finally a FF you could enjoy with your friends!... That is not a remake of course...)
You can have 7 Controllers in the PS3. Player 1 leads, the others participate in ATB battles.)

Also...
The PS3 REAL price is 840$ to produce! For thoses of you who though 600$ was high...

Jessweeee♪
07-07-2007, 07:36 PM
I love ya Sony...just don't got the money. Had to settle for a Wii.

Rase
07-07-2007, 11:19 PM
Also...
The PS3 REAL price is 840$ to produce! For thoses of you who though 600$ was high...
Hasn't this been news for like, almost two years now? Doesn't mean it isn't still a high price, just means Sony is losing about $240 per console.

Nifleheim7
07-09-2007, 02:31 PM
I think someone has to change the title in this thread.
Something like "F.N.C. confirmed as not exclusive to PS3" would have been more accurate,although it is something that was well known long before this thread was made.
And for all the nintendo fanboys that are praying for FFXIII to not be a PS3 exclusive(except agito) DREAM ON!:p

On a sidenote,it really amazes me how people are so eager to jumb to conclusions based on unconfirmed rumours...:rolleyes2

Hyperion4444
07-09-2007, 04:26 PM
Also...
Hasn't this been news for like, almost two years now? Doesn't mean it isn't still a high price, just means Sony is losing about $240 per console.

Believe it or not, alot of people still don't know that.

I think someone has to change the title in this thread.
Something like "F.N.C. confirmed as not exclusive to PS3" would have been more accurate,although it is something that was well known long before this thread was made.
And for all the nintendo fanboys that are praying for FFXIII to not be a PS3 exclusive(except agito) DREAM ON!:p

On a sidenote,it really amazes me how people are so eager to jumb to conclusions based on unconfirmed rumours...:rolleyes2

There's no way they could fit that game on the Wii...

Well, there was also a rumor of the PS3 dropping price of 100$. And it's been made Today!

Also, Squenix had a meating about htis issue long ago, and decided they won't go multi-platform, but most people just assumed it since DMC did.

Please do not double post. Use the edit/delete button. Or, use the x-quote button if you wish to quote more than one person. ~ Leeza

Brennan
07-09-2007, 04:37 PM
Hopefully it's gonna be on PSP or something, but probabally not. :mad:

Nifleheim7
07-09-2007, 05:19 PM
[QUOTE=Nifleheim7;2242135]
Well, there was also a rumor of the PS3 dropping price of 100$. And it's been made Today!

This is not a rumor,it's been confirmed by sony in their blog.

Hyperion4444
07-09-2007, 10:59 PM
[QUOTE=Nifleheim7;2242135]

This is not a rumor,it's been confirmed by sony in their blog.

I wanted to be the first to say it.

Yay! 100$ off a 60Gb PS3, new 80Gb PS3 in August for NA.

Bolivar
07-10-2007, 12:46 AM
should this thread still be stickied?

Hyperion4444
07-11-2007, 03:36 PM
It should be closed.

Psychotic
07-11-2007, 04:16 PM
Nah, it shouldn't be closed. This thread is now about the PS3 exclusivity, rather than the lack thereof.

On a side note, please don't double post Hyperion4444! It would be greatly appreciated.

Hyperion4444
07-11-2007, 06:59 PM
Nah, it shouldn't be closed. This thread is now about the PS3 exclusivity, rather than the lack thereof.

On a side note, please don't double post Hyperion4444! It would be greatly appreciated.

i didn't?

Galvatron
07-15-2007, 12:50 PM
If XIII stays exclusive to PS3, then square is going to lose a few bucks, unless Sony does something that makes PS3 worth the buy, oh and about that $100 price drop on the 60GB, get out there and buy one while you can, because Sony is discontinuing that one soon too.
E3: No more 60GB PlayStation 3 in US after July, says Reeves // GamesIndustry.biz (http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=26704)

Oh well, doesn't really worry me as I've yet to play XII.

Croyles
07-15-2007, 01:02 PM
If XIII stays exclusive to PS3, then square is going to lose a few bucks, unless Sony does something that makes PS3 worth the buy, oh and about that $100 price drop on the 60GB, get out there and buy one while you can, because Sony is discontinuing that one soon too.
E3: No more 60GB PlayStation 3 in US after July, says Reeves // GamesIndustry.biz (http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=26704)

Oh well, doesn't really worry me as I've yet to play XII.

Reeves is from SCEE and not SCEA. Kaz (SCEA) already said that quote was not accurately written. The 60gb will exist for quite a while. Much longer than end of July. Possibly till christmas.
The PS3 is already worth the buy.

Slothy
07-29-2007, 02:34 PM
If XIII stays exclusive to PS3, then square is going to lose a few bucks, unless Sony does something that makes PS3 worth the buy

I doubt they'd lose money. FF is one of those series that does sell consoles. A lot of people are holding out on buying one specifically because game like MGS4 and FFXIII aren't out yet. Odds are many of the current owners are also planning on buying the game anyway. Long story short, I don't think Square will have trouble turning a profit.

Kar00
08-07-2007, 06:38 AM
MAYBE, just maybe. A new version of the PSP will come out which can support the game? I really don't think they'll put it for the xbox 360..
Screw it, I'm still getting me self a ps3. Just gotta waitfor the price to drop a crackload.

Odaisé Gaelach
08-07-2007, 06:47 AM
The only other possibility is a PC release, but I expect that getting a computer good enough to support FFXIII is about as painful (if not more so) than buying a PlayStation 3.

Don't forget - by the time it is released, PC hardware will have advanced.

Hyperion4444
08-30-2007, 02:40 PM
PC hardware can't support massif Blue Ray storage games, and can't play any of PS3 exclusifs games.
(even if you go with 5 DVDs)...

Bolivar
08-31-2007, 07:49 PM
PC hardware can't support massif Blue Ray storage games, and can't play any of PS3 exclusifs games.

i didn't know that... wow....

Hyperion4444
09-01-2007, 12:13 AM
Just Killzone 2 takes 2GB per stage.
2GB!!!!
That's like almost half a DVD/stage!!

Considering this is Final Fantasy (XIII FNC's 20 years in the making no less), I'm thinking it may not only be double layer, but 2 disk. (Think about it.)

i didn't know that... wow....

You really think they were just going to plave it on 5DVDs (not CDs, DVDs.)
There's no prof that PC/PC games are using DVDs, (Even My DMC3 SP on PC is on 5 CD instead of one DVD. 'I own PS2 version too')
So Imagine if they were to put it of CDs!
25+CDs!! And since it's most likely to be fragments, the only way to play it would be direct and complete install directly on your PC.
Pros?: No loading time.
Cons?: You loose a whooping 50GB of your PC! No Guaranty it would work with older PCs. (Even dual cores could struggle here, mine has some hard time just to play the trailer in progressif scan. Not to mention sometimes my sound lacks somewhat sometime, or could just be bad download.)

Oh, and also, PCs and HD?! Just HD alone is a great fortune, imagine PC only TV HD... Seperate to what you have in your living room, if you have one.(I don't)

So, yeah, this great a game is hard to built and takes sometime.

tidus_rox
09-03-2007, 02:42 AM
I want... to die... I wont believe it.

Crossblades
09-03-2007, 04:19 AM

>_>

Haven't you been paying attention? That info is false and it's still a PS# exclusive

tidus_rox
09-09-2007, 08:07 PM

>_>

Haven't you been paying attention? That info is false and it's still a PS# exclusive

Yeah, I know lol. But I am a PS3 fanboy! So, I just put my initial reaction :D

Anno Domini
09-10-2007, 04:32 PM
im really pumped for the game but i am not willimg to :skull::skull::skull::skull: 600 dollars for one system so i can play 1 game. The games are not even cheap either!!! ggggggrrrrrr

Roto13
07-14-2008, 08:12 PM
Suck.

It.

DK
07-14-2008, 08:15 PM
haha I am so proud this thread is still at the top of this forum. I forgot I even made it. when the hell did I make it let me check

DK
07-14-2008, 08:15 PM
hahaha last april, that's so awesome.

JKTrix
07-14-2008, 08:17 PM
Microsoft pierces the heavens with its cash.

Jessweeee♪
07-14-2008, 08:31 PM
Someone should sticky this thread.

Roto13
07-14-2008, 08:34 PM
Again? xP

boris no no
07-14-2008, 09:52 PM
ahahahaha this is great news

Me and the fella bought an XBOX 360 at the start of the year, I was pretty gutted that XIII wasn't going to be realeased on it.... BUT NOW IT WILL BE!!! :D

Vyk
07-15-2008, 05:01 AM
O

M

G

Screw all those people who are mad about no warning then. Good freaking greif. This thread is gold

Love you for remembering this Roto. I don't recall it, but this is beautiful

Croyles
07-15-2008, 01:38 PM
This is gonna drag the game down, what a shame.
This is really annoying.

Vyk
07-15-2008, 02:50 PM
For those of you not getting the joke here. Check the date of the first post

Croyles
07-15-2008, 03:29 PM
Thats a joke?

LOL, I guess?? :D

Vyk
07-15-2008, 03:51 PM
Well, the date itself isn't a joke. But bumping a thread that's a year old to make a point. I guess joke probably wasn't the right word to use

Croyles
07-15-2008, 03:55 PM
I did that with FFXII once. I think the thread was something like FFXII coming out in 2004! Made on like 2003 or something.

Roto13
07-16-2008, 01:26 AM
I just wanted everyone with their dumbass reasons to remember how dumbass they were and that I told them then that their reasons were dumbass.

Raebus
07-16-2008, 01:27 AM
Might aswell post it here aswell. xD

Mirage
07-16-2008, 05:09 PM
Wrong Shiva. The Shiva in Final Fantasy isn't really based on the hindu god, but some other old european deity.

Vyk
07-16-2008, 05:23 PM
That just makes it more funny in a stupid sort of way

Roto13
07-16-2008, 06:30 PM
Wrong Shiva. The Shiva in Final Fantasy isn't really based on the hindu god, but some other old european deity.

Well duh. :P Chrono Trigger isn't a watch, either, but there you go (http://www.castle-vidcons.com/2008/07/03/comic-41-restoring-past-glories/).

Hyperion4444
07-17-2008, 04:06 PM

Well duh. :P Chrono Trigger isn't a watch, either, but there you go (http://www.castle-vidcons.com/2008/07/03/comic-41-restoring-past-glories/).

Euhhh
are we still talking FFXIII here?

Vyk
07-17-2008, 06:36 PM
No.. On that post we're talking about symbolism in a comic

Earthworm Jim
07-29-2008, 07:40 AM
I know this is old news but it's strangely amusing for some reason

DMKA
07-29-2008, 08:04 AM
Won't this be the first FF to go multi-platform on release?

Hyperion4444
08-01-2008, 02:05 PM
yeah, unless you count computers...
I'm just imagining FFXIV.