PDA

View Full Version : Eat Me, Drink Me

Moon Rabbits
04-18-2007, 01:16 AM
Marilyn Manson's new album "Eat Me, Drink Me" (Something about this title I think is kind of lame, I don't know what though) is going to be released sometime within the coming months.

Manson has released the first single "If I Was Your Vampire" on his Myspace -> here (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=178753931)

The song was okay, and I like the sound better than the overall sound of GOAG. However, I think he's losing his touch, and this song seems like really generic gothic metal to me.

Although the line "we built this tomb together, I will fill it alone" was quite nice. Same with this picture (album cover?):

http://a219.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/17/l_2f4bcd868c95e343e97b0b5e2075b1c2.jpg

One last gripe I have is that so far he doesn't seem to have established a character or style for this album yet, as he did with all his other albums. All his profile pictures are just him as he looks normally :\

Discussuuuuuu~

edit: I realized that picture is way too big to be an album cover. It looked smaller on the Myspace.

Jowy
04-18-2007, 01:18 AM
Needs more Twiggy Ramirez. D:

Moon Rabbits
04-18-2007, 01:20 AM
Needs more Twiggy Ramirez. D:

qfmft

Jowy
04-18-2007, 01:23 AM
Also, that is a pretty lame album title and first single.

I don't want another Golden Age of Grotesque.

Moon Rabbits
04-18-2007, 01:25 AM
Also, that is a pretty lame album title and first single.

I don't want another Golden Age of Grotesque.

Atleast Golden Age of Grotesque had originality, and I still thought it was good after I finished listening to the CD in it's entirety.

This new stuff, like I said above, just seems to generic.

Jowy
04-18-2007, 01:29 AM
Golden Age was just...okay. It was better than Holy Wood (least favorite) but it still didn't really impress me as much as, say Portrait of an American Family and Mechanical Animals.

Para-Noir and Kaboom though, hot damn.

Momiji
04-18-2007, 01:30 AM
I never really cared for Marilyn Manson. Always had sort of an 'eww' look and sound to me. Then again I have the same opinion for all goth-ish rock band/singers. Just seeing some of his music videos was enough to disturb me.

Shlup
04-18-2007, 02:25 AM
The title is an Alice in Wonderland referrence.

Necronopticous
04-18-2007, 03:20 AM
The new song is a relief for me, the Golden Age of Grotesque was godawful in my opinion. Usually I like almost every song on Marilyn Manson's album, and in the case of Golden Age of Grotesque I didn't like even a single track.

The new song reminds me of Holywood, which is good since that was a great record. I honestly have no clue what he was thinking when he put together the last record. I have high hopes for Eat Me, Drink Me.

Nominus Experse
04-18-2007, 03:26 AM
I want more Mechanical Animals and Antichrist Superstar, not Golden Age of Grotesque or Holywood.

Sephex
04-18-2007, 04:23 AM
Wow, I always forget that there is a decent Manson fan base here, or I would have made this thread last night. I thought the new song was okay at first, but it grew on me the more I listened to it. I have confidence that the new album will be cool. Just so you guys know, the new album comes out on June 5th.

Elly
04-18-2007, 05:02 AM
i've been thinking about the title's referance for almost a month now, and i figure it can be a referance to two things first being Lewis Carol's Alice In Wonderland/Through the Looking Glass or possibly also a referance to the Last Supper of Christ and his disciples (eat of my body and drink of my blood), but knowing Manson it's possibly a referance to both Alice and Christ...

Moon Rabbits
04-21-2007, 02:09 AM
I want more Mechanical Animals and Antichrist Superstar, not Golden Age of Grotesque or Holywood.

qfmft.

Sephex
04-24-2007, 01:08 AM
I don't know, I thought all of the albums were either good or fantastic. I guess I'll run by them all, here...

Portrait of an American Family-- Good album, but not nearly as great as direhard Manson fans would have you believe. Is it unique and sounds like no other Manson album? Yes. However, I refuse to acknowledge it as the best one just because of that. I think most people who say it's the best one are saying it for the sake of sounding cool. Even Manson said while lyricly it did what he wanted it to do...musically it didn't. Key Tracks: Cake and Sodomy, Lunch Box, Dope Hat, Get Your Gunn, My Monkey

Antichrist Superstar-- Then there are other Manson fans that insist this is the best album. I love this album a lot, and I wish that Reznor and Manson would put their egos aside for one damn second and once again make another album like this. Obviously, this is the album that launched Manson to superstardom and the work put into this album shows. Trent Reznor did a good job of putting a lot of work into this without having too much NIN in there. Key Tracks: Irresponsible Hate Anthem, The Beautiful People, Dried up Tied Up and Dead to the World, Tourniquet, Deformagraphy, Mr. Superstar, Antrichrist Superstar, 1996, The Reflecting God

Mechanical Animals--I remember this album getting a lot of flack when it came out. People were bitching at the different direction Manson took (glam rock and more emotionally driven songs), but I was glad that we didn't get Antichrist Superstar part II. I have to admit that I didn't get into the whole Omega and the Mechanical Animals thing as much, but this is a Manson album that I love to revisit. Also, Manson did a good job showing that the band didn't have to be all, METAL METAL METAL in order to pull off hits. Key Tracks: Great Big White World, The Dope Show, Mechanical Animals, Rock is Dead, The Speed of Pain, I Don't like the Drugs but the Drugs Like Me, Last Day on Earth, Coma White

Holy Wood--Ah yes, dirhard Manson fans either love or hate this album. Me? I thought it was a great effort. I liked how both styles of Antichrist Superstar and Mechanical Animals were combined. Some of the lyrics were obviously trying way too hard to be deep, though. It was a nice way to piece together the whole trilogy Manson had going since Antichrist Superstar. I understand why some people didn't like the album too much, but I think most people are too hard on it. Key Tracks: The Love Song, The Fight Song, Target Audience, In the Shadow of the Valley of Death, Crucifiction in Space, The Death Song, Born Again, Coma Black, Valentine's Day

Golden Age of Grotesque--I really liked this album when it came out, but the lasting appeal wasn't nearly as powerful as Antichrist Superstar, Mechanical Animals, and Holy Wood were. I liked the Manson finaly went into another direction, but I don't think it was the right one for the most part. There are a few solid tracks here, but it just doesn't flow as well as the work found in the trilogy. Key Tracks: This is the New ****, mObscene, Use Your Fist and not Your Mouth, Slutgarden, Para-Noir

Jowy
04-24-2007, 01:25 AM
Preparing for a :skull::skull::skull::skull:storm, but Antichrist Superstar is probably my least favorite, exceptions being Irresponsible Hate Anthem and The Beautiful People. Mechanical Animals is my favorite with Portrait of an American Family being the silver medal.

Moon Rabbits
04-24-2007, 03:30 AM
Preparing for a :skull::skull::skull::skull:storm, but Antichrist Superstar is probably my least favorite, exceptions being Irresponsible Hate Anthem and The Beautiful People. Mechanical Animals is my favorite with Portrait of an American Family being the silver medal.

Antichrist Superstar had some killer songs, but others weren't too well done. Tourniquet, Man That You Fear, Little Horn, and Track 99 are some of my favourite Manson songs.

Although, Mechanical Animals holds first place as my favourite overall album.

Vyk
04-24-2007, 04:48 AM

I was gathering that. Gonna say it but figured I"d check replies first. So come on.Im drunk right now and I got it :]

Necronopticous
05-05-2007, 09:10 PM
It's a million times better than the Golden Age of Grotesque, but still not on par with Mechanical Animals or Holywood... A 7/10?

Some great songs, though. "The Red Carpet Grave" is the best track on the record.

snacks
05-09-2007, 03:16 AM
Golden Age was just...okay. It was better than Holy Wood (least favorite) but it still didn't really impress me as much as, say Portrait of an American Family and Mechanical Animals.

Para-Noir and Kaboom though, hot damn.

Late.

Aussi: Holy Wood was great! I really have only heard a few things from him so I guess I can't really....say.

As far as getting generic, there's only so far you can push an envelope.

Moon Rabbits
05-13-2007, 01:48 AM

Actually, Manson has said himself that:

The album's title [Eat Me, Drink Me] was also inspired by that story several years back of the German man who put out an ad that he wanted to be eaten, and the man who ate him. Although I can't relate to the relationship those two had, I found the story very compelling in a romantic way. I think a lot of people wouldn’t look at it as romantic, but it was to them in some sick way, and it is to me in some sick way, too.

Track Listing:

1. "If I Was Your Vampire" – 5:56
2. "Putting Holes in Happiness" – 4:31
3. "The Red Carpet Grave" – 4:05
4. "They Said That Hell's Not Hot" – 4:17
5. "Just a Car Crash Away" – 4:55
6. "Heart-Shaped Glasses (When the Heart Guides the Hand)" – 5:05
7. "Evidence" – 5:19
8. "Are You the Rabbit?" – 4:14
9. "Mutilation is the Most Sincere Form of Flattery" – 3:52
10. "You and Me and the Devil Makes 3" – 4:24
11. "Eat Me, Drink Me" – 5:40

These titles are so generic. "Putting Holes in Happiness" what the fuck, man, what the fuck.

Captain Maxx Power
05-13-2007, 02:08 AM
I think MM might be suffering from a receeding hairline.

theundeadhero
05-13-2007, 03:00 AM
When you look at Manson you can't really compare one album to another because they were meant to be different.

Portrait was the young angsty punk CD that had it's influences in tripping acid. It's a good CD, but not a whole lot into it other than some great disturbing hooks.

Smells Like Children was a filler CD. Manson had already been working on Antichirst Superstar for a long time, but it wasn't ready yet when he needed to put something out. I would often consider this the gateway CD into Manson's stardom. Sweet Dreams did a lot for his fame.

AntiChrist Superstar is the nihilistic masterpiece seething with Nitchze philosophy. It has such a heavy sound because of that Nihilistic theme and the personal experiments in human deprevity that Manson was pulling on himself.

To me, Mechanimal Animals has always been a Manson meets Pink Floyd album, and I love it. It's not just the about feelings, but the strange time of growing to feel anything at all again and dealing with the akwardness with drug use.

I also love Holywood. It's dark and moody and full of metaphorical fucking with society, with undertones of sophistication and intelligence.

I don't like GAOG much at all. I've probably only listened to the actual CD less than ten times over the years, because it wasn't so enjoyable the times I did listen to it.

I don't like the faded echo singing style he uses so much lately. I don't think Manson can sing anymore. He uses that sound so much it makes me wonder if he broke his voice and hides it behind protools now.