PDA

View Full Version : Merchant in Necrohol of Nabudis

Adam 77
04-18-2007, 02:47 PM
just wondering where can i find this merchant too in this place i have been in the room where he is supposed to be, but i find a treasure chest which is a monster so im confused :confused: just picked up the zodiac spear though :D so yeh how do i find him?

Setzer Gabianni
04-18-2007, 03:40 PM
Bradygames says

" Northwest corner of the Hall of Efulgent Light. Check the Southeast corner of the room to find his hiding spot."

Sergeant Hartman
04-18-2007, 04:31 PM
Hope you got a lot of cash.

Setzer Gabianni
04-18-2007, 06:40 PM
Dead expensive is he?

Hazzard
04-18-2007, 07:07 PM
He sells good items, but is a tight little bastard. Those humanoids can't be trusted, and should be spat on.

Renmiri
04-18-2007, 09:40 PM
Where the white arrow points

At first he just sells Ethers, then he stops selling them and sells good stuf at expensive prices

http://ffproject.net/forumwiki/images/Necrohol.gif

Hazzard
04-18-2007, 09:44 PM
Does he ever restart selling ethers, because I haven't got any from him, yet? Plus I'm at the part where you go to the Pharos, so will he ever gimme some?

Adam 77
04-18-2007, 10:52 PM
thanks :D i found him now!! ive bought myself some demon shields and maxilium armour which is really good, i had loads of loot on me so i managed to afford it.... :p

Renmiri
04-18-2007, 11:16 PM
Try NOW because he stops selling them permanently a bit after Ridorana

Hazzard
04-18-2007, 11:32 PM
I went there, and the little rascal said no, and only sold the usual gear. So erm, I just fought that boss at the entrance to the Pharos tower, will that merchant still sell his ethers?

Shiva_
04-19-2007, 12:25 AM
Try NOW because he stops selling them permanently a bit after Ridorana

I went there, and the little rascal said no, and only sold the usual gear. So erm, I just fought that boss at the entrance to the Pharos tower, will that merchant still sell his ethers?

He sells them all throughout the game even after you finish the tower. It's still in his "items" menu. On the times I left while I was fighting the final mark, I was making trips back over there to buy more.

The type of stuff he sells depends on what part of the game you're on. He starts out selling just ethers. Then, as you progress thru the game, he sells other types of stuff along with them.

Renmiri
04-19-2007, 01:15 AM
No, on my US version he stopped selling Ethers after he started selling Maximillian

Shiva_
04-19-2007, 01:32 AM
No, on my US version he stopped selling Ethers after he started selling Maximillian

Are you sure you're going two tabs to the right (where the items symbol is)?

Here's all of what he sells (right after completing the Pharos):

Armor:
Magepower Shisak
Maximillian
Demon Shield

Accessories:
Ring of Renewal

Items:
Ether

Technicks:
Telekinesis

Magicks:
Scathe

Renmiri
04-19-2007, 01:46 AM
I'm positive. My item tab is gone.

I wonder if this is like the Clan Merchant. With him Bubble disappears when you get higher than Knight of the Round, then comes back two levels later.

jessica85r
04-19-2007, 04:36 AM
I had to go to him 3 times before he started selling either Ethers or Maximillian. I hope th 4th stop isn't when he stops selling those.

Shiva_
04-19-2007, 07:32 AM

I wonder if this is like the Clan Merchant. With him Bubble disappears when you get higher than Knight of the Round, then comes back two levels later.

Yeah, it seems like the Baknamy Merchant's inventory is also somehow connected with your Clan Rank just as the Clan Merchant's inventory is.

The Clan Merchant stops selling Hi-Potions quite early on once you reach a certain rank and as you progress through the game and do the hunts.

The Baknamy Merchant could've probably stopped selling ethers at one time in my game as well, but I likely didn't realize it at the time as I didn't check (didn't need them at the time) when I went to him to buy a set of Demon Shields one time.

Many of the shops in this game are overall unpredictable (e.g. certain things not being available until after completing certain parts). :p

ValiantKnight
04-19-2007, 11:54 AM

Thought it was paragon or ward of justice where he stopped selling bubble belts, not bubble.
But you are right that he sells them a rank or two later.

Renmiri
04-19-2007, 08:32 PM
You may be right. I just remembered it was a bubble thingamajig that he stopped selling for one or 2 ranks.

Human Devil
04-19-2007, 11:25 PM
HE sells everything to me and im after Pharos.
But where can i find Bubble, Bravery & Faith?
I really need Bubble cuz im getting ready to fight Zodiark.

Renmiri
04-19-2007, 11:34 PM
Bubble = Rabanastre Clan Merchant
Bravery & Faith (scrathes head)... Try Rabanastre too.

jessica85r
04-20-2007, 05:46 AM
HE sells everything to me and im after Pharos.
But where can i find Bubble, Bravery & Faith?
I really need Bubble cuz im getting ready to fight Zodiark.

What Clan Rank are you? If you're at a lower Clan Rank than those to whom he has stopped selling certain items, it would support the Clank Rank idea.

Renmiri
04-20-2007, 06:15 PM
Oh the Bubble belts availability definitely skips two ranks, I saw it myself as others here have. We're not so sure about the Ethers at Nabudis though

Human Devil
04-27-2007, 01:02 AM
I found those 3 magicks in Muthru Baazar.
I have every magick & esper now or should I say like 5 days ago. :laughing:

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
05-10-2007, 01:28 PM
I can't find him. Just a Pandora.. :confused:

crazybayman
05-10-2007, 02:13 PM
Yep, I can't find him either. I've completed the pharos, and I went to the place Renmiri so kindly pointed out on the screen shot.

Any suggestions?

Renmiri
05-10-2007, 04:50 PM
On the same place you defeat the Pandora, walk close to the walls (top left wall iirc) one of them will cause a question mark to appear, when you click on it to investigate the wall opens and a baknamy merchant pops out of it to sell stuff

crazybayman
05-10-2007, 05:22 PM
On the same place you defeat the Pandora, walk close to the walls (top left wall iirc) one of them will cause a question mark to appear, when you click on it to investigate the wall opens and a baknamy merchant pops out of it to sell stuff

oooohhhh.....

Will try that then.

Merci.