PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever kept a journal?

Pike
04-18-2007, 03:39 PM
This thread kind of goes along with that "Do you have a BLOG?" thread. However what I want to know this time is... have you ever kept an actual, physical journal? How often did you write in it? Did you use it for very long? Do you still keep it, or have you stopped or since moved to an online journal?

I, personally, kept actual journals off-and-on through my life, starting on my 8th birthday when I got a journal as a present. I wrote in it when I remembered... sometimes it was everyday, sometimes it was once a week, sometimes it was once every few months. I went through periods of time when I wrote in it more than usual-- a lot of high school was like that, and I actually spent nearly my entire junior year of high school writing three or four entries a week. My senior year had a lot as well, and this included my entry for September 11th, which is absolutely surreal to go back and read.

A few years after that I finally got constant internet access at my house so I started writing on LiveJournal instead. But I have to say I'm glad that I kept physical journals for as long as I did. It's neat to have something to hold and read that has so many memories in it, and it's neat to be able to go back and revisit years gone by :)

YOUR TURN! :monkey:

Setzer Gabianni
04-18-2007, 03:41 PM
I started one not so long ago, and every so often when I remember or feel like writing something important, I will do. :)

Christmas
04-18-2007, 03:42 PM
I am a secretive person and I will not allow anyone to keep anyone keep track of me via any means let alone a journal. :bigsmile:

Jowy
04-18-2007, 03:43 PM
I've never been able to have the luxury of privacy outside of the internet, so no.

Sefie1999AD
04-18-2007, 04:14 PM
When I went to the elementary school or so, I think I kept a journal for a couple of days, but that's about it. Otherwise, I've been mostly using LJ as my journal.

Araciel
04-18-2007, 05:04 PM
we had to keep one for english class in elementary school

aside from that, i've never felt the need.

Reles
04-18-2007, 05:37 PM
When I was a little girl, yeah. Reading it recently was pretty funny. I'd say stupid stuff like, "oh my god I can't believe Kevin farted in class today." Then I'd go on about how I had pizza today for lunch (I actually had pizza everday for lunch) and I'd always introduce myself at the beginning with my name and age and what grade I'm in, who's in my family, etc. etc. It was so lame. xD It didn't last too long, I probably wrote in two of those minature lock-up journals up till I was about 12 years old. Then I changed to blogs.

bipper
04-18-2007, 05:45 PM
no. I keep a autobiographic EPIC.

han_keep_smilin
04-18-2007, 06:46 PM
i have one i used to write in it everyday with weird things, but i dont really write in it anymore i do sometimes though

Tifa Valentine
04-18-2007, 06:55 PM
I had one from 5th grade to 8th grade. I stopped soon after my mom admitted that she went into my journal and read through it....:mad2:

kikimm
04-19-2007, 12:31 AM
I've only used actual journals. I've written in one since I was like 9 years old, haha. I...sometimes like to go back and read them. With friends, it can be pretty fun too, as long as I stick to the ones where I'm really young.

Yuffie514
04-19-2007, 05:41 AM
yes. there are several hidden around my bed with notes written on them. i can never keep them all in one journal.