PDA

View Full Version : Question about Ethers

Xear
04-18-2007, 04:38 PM
I could use some help please. I am stuck in the forest where the Eruyt is located, and some ethers would certainly be of use against the up and comming boss.....

If I cannot by them conventonally is there anyway I can get them to sell them in the bazzar?

thanks for taking the time to read this and If you know of a way to get them please help

thanks

==
Xear
==

Setzer Gabianni
04-18-2007, 06:41 PM
Up and coming boss? Elder Wyrm? If you can't get the items you want, you don't have to face him. Instead, take the harder route 8D

Shiva_
04-18-2007, 07:30 PM
If you plan on going the more difficult route thru the southern part of the forest and the area south of it in order to bypass the Elder Wyrm, the enemies you encounter are at a too high of a level for your party to fight, so you should just flee. You can flee with one ally in your party at a time. You can unequip all weapons so they won't have to draw and sheath them. Keep all shields on, though. If one ally dies, switch in another one. Full heal right after you enter the next zone.

Renmiri
04-18-2007, 09:34 PM
Hug the walls too, there are less monsters there

PS: On the bazaar

Flask of Oily Liquid is Ether. Sell

Unpurified Ether 2
Caramel 3

to buy it at 4,000 gil

Dr. Acula
04-19-2007, 12:47 AM
You mean I DIDN'T have to fight that damn Wyrm? Dammit!!!:mad2:

Renmiri
04-19-2007, 01:14 AM
Yes, apparently not though at least to me he fell quickly while the feywood monsters killed my party.

Xear
04-20-2007, 10:25 PM
Thank you for the help I will have to try it :)

Dr. Acula
04-21-2007, 07:41 AM
Yes, apparently not though at least to me he fell quickly while the feywood monsters killed my party.

Really? I had to try three times before I actually beat him, and even then I had to rely on Larsa to heal me (I Quickening-ed the Wyrm, but I had no Ethers..).

Renmiri
04-23-2007, 07:11 PM
XII has this kind of mysteries. While King bomb and Elder Wyrm were extremely easy to me, they seem to get a lot of people in trouble. To me my nemesis was the Marilith, which very few people have trouble with.

Shiva_
04-23-2007, 10:42 PM
XII has this kind of mysteries. While King bomb and Elder Wyrm were extremely easy to me, they seem to get a lot of people in trouble. To me my nemesis was the Marilith, which very few people have trouble with.

When I fought the Elder Wyrm the first time, I beat him on my first try, and I don't recall struggling during that battle. When I was re-doing my first playthrough (redid it because I opened the forbidden chests & missed the Zodiac Spear, etc.), it took me three tries to beat him, and I was struggling. I think I was 4 levels higher when I beat him the first time, and I had also spent tons of time getting enough gil for the top armor/weapons for my guys beforehand. When I was re-doing my playthrough, I was trying to get through things faster, so I was running from fights a little more and didn't care as much about getting the best armor/weapons for my guys.

I don't recall having trouble with Marilith on my original file. I did that mark fairly late in the game.
However, on my power-level file, I did have a bit of trouble and barely scraped a victory. I did this mark with Larsa in my party. The average level of my characters was 39, and Larsa was level 43. I decided to do the mark pretty much right after Larsa joined.
The reason I had trouble was that my armor was just lousy. The armor I had was the best I could get at the point of the game when I decided to do this mark. My weapons were great, though; Zodiac Spear and two Deathbringers. Also, my rank wasn't quite high enough at the time to get Bubble or Bubble Belts.
Larsa had to throw X-Potions a lot, but he couldn't keep up all the time since he was dying a lot.

On my original file, I did King Bomb after stilshrine w/ my guys at level 25. I wanted to go for the Zodiac Spear. I just used two quickening chains; 1st one was 9-hits for around 11500 damage. 2nd one was 16-hits (w/ Black Hole concurrence :D ) for around 38500 HP of damage. It took BK out. The 2nd quickening chain just by itself could've taken him out in one shot. BK took me several tries before I got him w/ those successful chains.
On my power-level file, I beat him right after getting the dawn shard. My guys were average of level 39. They badly needed armor upgrades, though. I had to silence him towards the end because he kept spamming Fira over and over again. I didn't use any quickenings this time.

The Belias method for fighting the BK at lower levels/after getting the dawn shard didn't work out too well for me due to lack of Ethers and Elixers.

Renmiri
04-24-2007, 12:40 AM
That darn snake had Regen and I just didn't have good weapons so during the time I lost healing it healed itself :( It went down fast after I got "Drain" though.

Jiro
04-25-2007, 03:17 AM
I am just up to the BK and I can get him down to low health but then he just uses recall. It really sucks and also 2 of my characters have flametoungues equipped. But I will get there soon. Just need 1 more level up...