PDA

View Full Version : Zodiac Escutcheon?

Pete for President
04-18-2007, 07:26 PM
heya,

I have a question, I've been running back and forth 4 screens in the great crystal to the place where the treasure containing this shield should be. Apparently, it doesn't like to be there, so I was wondering, are there any special requirements to make it spawn?

Btw, party average level is 70.

Thanks in advance!

Shiva_
04-18-2007, 07:39 PM
Are you sure you're in the right part of the Great Crystal where the chest is supposed to spawn at? The chest should spawn (at a certain % rate) in the section behind the Taurus Gate 2nd.

You have to zone only 3 sections before you can go back to a section to check for an item.

If you need help, here's a map of the Great Crystal Upper Layer. It shows the various chest locations.

http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/618/finalfantasyxiicrystalgih5.jpg

Before going for the chest, make sure you save your game at the save crystal. If you get a Brave Suit instead, reset and reload. You want the Zodiac Escutcheon. According to the map, having a Diamond Armlet on guarantees that the item in the chest is a Zodiac Escutcheon.

Pete for President
04-18-2007, 09:57 PM
Are you sure you're in the right part of the Great Crystal where the chest is supposed to spawn at? The chest should spawn (at a certain % rate) in the section behind the Taurus Gate 2nd.

You have to zone only 3 sections before you can go back to a section to check for an item.

If you need help, here's a map of the Great Crystal Upper Layer. It shows the various chest locations.

http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/618/finalfantasyxiicrystalgih5.jpg

Before going for the chest, make sure you save your game at the save crystal. If you get a Brave Suit instead, reset and reload. You want the Zodiac Escutcheon. According to the map, having a Diamond Armlet on guarantees that the item in the chest is a Zodiac Escutcheon.

I got it now. Turns out I just had to be a lil' more patient and go back and forth a few more times, but thanks for the tips anyway, I appreciate it! :)