PDA

View Full Version : *Screams* HELP

Midnight Moonlight
04-18-2007, 10:51 PM
Okay I have no idea how many times I've died because of Evrae on the airship..can someone please give me some advice? I make it untill he uses Haste on himself. I can't do anything after that. So advice please? Oh yes I am new on here..I want to make friends..So nice to meet you all. Anyways...I hate Evrae!!

Tavrobel
04-19-2007, 12:25 AM
At first, cast Slow on Evrae if you have it. continue your normal cycle of attacks until it either Slows Evrae, or Evrae casts Haste on itself. After then Slow spells are made void.

If you can survive until Haste, then make sure you are Hasted when Evrae uses it. Stock up on Al Bhed Potions, and try to have the Alchemy ability attached to an Armor (IIrc think Alchemy is an Armor ability). Take advantage of Cid's Missiles when possible, and keep either Rikku and Tidus available to give commands.

If you used Slow, then good for you, since Lulu is near useless for the rest of the battle.

From here, you have two choices, doing a far-off assault, or a full-on frontal take-on, involving all melee characters. Far-off takes longer, but is generally safer until Evrae catches up (this is an attack), and Missiles can only be used from here. You should by now, know how many haloes you have of missiles. Wakka, Lulu (LOL), Kimahri, and Rikku are good here.

If you want to take him on, have Auron, Tidus, Wakka, or Kimahri do the damage through normal attacks. Unleash overdrives when possible. If Kimahri knows "Use," then have him slop out the Al Bhed Potions. Otherwise, attack normally, and heal properly by backing away or bringing in Rikku.

Can't really do anything besides that. If you are over-leveled, you shouldn't have any problem now. If you are under-leveled, you still shouldn't have any problems by now.

Shin Gouken
04-19-2007, 01:49 AM
This was the first place my bro got stuck when he played the first time. He mustve fought this battle 10 times before he won. He finally won when he made the discovery that al bhed potions cure poisen... saves many turns of antidotes and cure spells by doing it in one swee. This and hastaga should be more then enough to win this battle

qwertysaur
04-19-2007, 03:53 AM
This is what worked for me. First get everybody into overdrive mode, then start the battle.

I started with Lulu, Tidus, and Auron. I had Lulu defend once, while Auron attacked and Tidus casted slow on Evere. Switch Lulu with Rikku and cast haste on Tidus. Keep attacking with Auron while Riku tells Cid to pull back. Have Tidus cast haste on Rikku, then have her use steal or mug. When the ship pulls back, switch out Auron and Rikku for Kihmari and Wakka. Keep everyone with haste and have Wakka attack while Khimari uses lancet. Evere will come closer again, so bring back Auron. Whe Evere inhales, pull back quickly to avoid posion breath. When Evere ses haste on himself, keep Rikku always in your party. Unleash your strongest overdrives on him to do a lot of damage. If he lives through the overdrives, make sure everyone has haste and have Rikku use Al Bhed potions to heal from poison breath and attack with your strongest characters. I hope this helps.

Firo Volondé
04-19-2007, 08:31 AM
Train. The fiends you brought from Home give decent experience. As for the battle itself, I would recommend fighting mostly at close range, with Auron, Kimahri, and Tidus, and at long range with Lulu, Wakka and Rikku. If Tidus knows Hastega, Kimahri Use, and Rikku White Magic, then you shouldn't have any problems.

psyniac_123
04-19-2007, 02:55 PM
Okay I have no idea how many times I've died because of Evrae on the airship..can someone please give me some advice? I make it untill he uses Haste on himself. I can't do anything after that. So advice please? Oh yes I am new on here..I want to make friends..So nice to meet you all. Anyways...I hate Evrae!!
Ah, I was once in the same boat.
I have never played it since.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
04-19-2007, 09:00 PM
i recommend that u stay in always until evrae draws breath, then look at the gauge on the right, if cid gets a go before evrae does then move out, if not move in ur 3 strongest chars and just keep attacking
slow and haste(ga) are supremely helpful in this battle so they should be a priority as are al bhed potions

KasaiDraco
04-20-2007, 10:17 PM
After you finish, make sure you heal!

SummonerKrimzon
05-07-2007, 03:11 AM
Okay, I was stuck here too. So I'll just reitterate (Sp?) what I did to win. This made it easy.

Have Rikku, Auron, and Tidus in the party. First, have Tidus cast slow on Evrae. Then have Rikku cast reflect, so that when Evrae casts Haste later it will bounce to you. Have Tidus haste all of your characters with Hastega (or haste all seperately). Now all you must do is keep lopping at him with all you've got. When Evrae draws breath, move back. Repeat the pull back process whenever breath is drawn.

(Note: Make sure you have plenty of softs. Evrae will cast Stone Gaze, petrfying characters.)

Also, when you get to zombie evrae, just throw 2 pheonix downs at him, he will die easy.

No.78
05-07-2007, 10:54 AM
I got stuck on Evrae on my first playthrough, never beat him, had to start a new game.

I worked out if you train properly throughout the game beforehand he's no problem.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
05-07-2007, 11:51 AM
how did u cast reflect oon evrae without yuna? did u hav an item or did u send kimahri downs yunas path or what?

SummonerKrimzon
05-07-2007, 08:14 PM
U can get Reflect with Rikku by training her to get to that spot on the Sphere grid. That's what I did.

finalfantasygeek
05-20-2007, 05:54 AM
I would use any moves or skills to darken it, after you,ve darken it, it's your chance to attack like crazy. Plus, you need it up close so it won't use swooping slythe, and when it roars, move away so it won't use poison breath on you. Poison breath is a very powerful move, so beware! If you somehow defeat it, you get to watch an awesome scene.:)