PDA

View Full Version : Least Favorite Genre!

Avarice-ness
04-19-2007, 01:53 AM
Yay for repeat threads.

YOUR LEAST FAVORITE GENRE!

GO!

Araciel
04-19-2007, 04:54 AM
genre of music or movies or anything?

i dunno

silent films.

Enjolras
04-19-2007, 05:14 AM
Well, when it comes to music, my least favourite genre would definitely have to be Rap. By quite long shot.

And movies... probably crappy, almost-apocalyptic movies like 'Armageddon', or 'The Core', in which a band of herioc Americans save the world from imminent destruction in the most implausable way (im)possible.

...Nothing against americans, by the way.

Avarice-ness
04-19-2007, 06:08 AM
Well, when it comes to music, my least favourite genre would definitely have to be Rap. By quite long shot.

And movies... probably crappy, almost-apocalyptic movies like 'Armageddon', or 'The Core', in which a band of herioc Americans save the world from imminent destruction in the most implausable way (im)possible.

...Nothing against americans, by the way.

Armageddon is one of my favorite movies. And the core is alot more impossible than Armageddon, they've already established asteroids that size with earth as their possible tracts. When I was a junior in high school they said that it would impact the world in 2014, some scientists say though, that if an asteroid of a large size did come, it'd basically come in a flash.
Armageddon is just a modern day how the dinosaurs died.
Now the way they saved the world is impossible, take it from a daughter from a father who's been drilling oil all his life. XD

Enjolras
04-19-2007, 06:26 AM
I'm not saying it's impossible for an asteroid to hit the earth, I'm sure it's very possible. :) But, as you say, the way they save the earth? I actually laughed out loud.

I have to say though, Armaggedon was a lot better than The Core.

Araciel
04-19-2007, 06:36 AM
armageddon??

arma-gettin' it on?

Tallulah
04-19-2007, 11:05 AM
On saving the world disaster movies, the plot of Sunshine, in which a bunch of space pilots go near the Sun to detonate a nuclear bomb near it to re-ignite it, well I have an issue with that. When our Sun does eventually start to cool down and extinguish, it will first expand into a Red Giant, and engulf the planets up to about Mars, so that's screwed up already!

Anyway, back on topic. I dislike Western films, but for Unforgiven, the last 'good' Western, most say.

As for music, I'm not a big fan of Country-Western, though I do enjoy listening to the lyrics, because there is almost always a story and/or meaning behind them, unlike most modern music. Also some of the god-awful crap that my housemate (whose room is right next door to mine!) listens to; she should be imprisoned for listening to it! :mad2:

Dr. Acula
04-19-2007, 11:57 AM
armageddon??

arma-gettin' it on?

More like arma-gettin' outta here, I think.

Ryth
04-20-2007, 04:15 AM
Music: Eh, probably emo.

Movie: Horror, and most romantic comedies bore me to tears.

Ouch!
04-20-2007, 04:19 AM
I'm not much of a fan of rap, although there are exceptions. As far as movies go, I immediately skip over horror movies. They're absolutely terrible.

Vermachtnis
04-20-2007, 04:51 AM
Music: Mostly rap and bluegrass.

Movies: Gorey, suspenseful, horror, slasher-type movies.

Kirobaito
04-20-2007, 05:02 AM
Music: Rap or Metal.

Movie: Romantic Comedy.

Tempest
04-20-2007, 05:11 AM
Music: Country

Movie: Gory horror flicks

4evarisha
04-20-2007, 05:23 AM
I hat Country Western Theme movies they are so annoying especially cowboys.

Arc_Master_14
04-20-2007, 05:33 AM
if I fall asleep during it I hate it

Slade
04-20-2007, 09:04 AM
For music it would be R 'n' B (if you can call that music) and hip hop (to an extent. Every now and then there can be a gem....usually about once a year).
For movies it would probably be horrors and stuff like that. More so when they have vast amounts of unnesassary blood and gore.

NeoCracker
04-20-2007, 09:37 AM
Country and Rap. Both are mostly the same thing anyway. They sing about how their day went, only difference is rappers brag more. Like how they wake up with diamonds in their eyes and piss liquid gold.

(Courtesy of Dragon Boy Suede for the Joke)

Rocket Edge
04-20-2007, 09:55 AM
Music: Heavy Metal, Country - I just find those two irratating, and although there is some exceptions, those would be my least favourites.

Movies: Romantic Comedy probably.

Pete for President
04-20-2007, 10:24 AM
Music; techno
Movies; horror, romantic comedy.

Wolf Kanno
04-20-2007, 10:30 AM
Music - Probably modern country overall but I generally hate most of what the genres' have lately been trying to pass for music. I also hate emo/whiny white boy rock like Nickleback and Coldplay as well as most of the current generation of rap stars...

Movies - I hate movies overall but that's cause of "other issues". Overall? I hate "Blockbuster movies" released in the past ten years, chick flicks (not necessarily romantic comedies though), and zombie flicks since every single one of them is the same damn movie!!! Different actors, same premise, usually the same ending...

Venom
04-20-2007, 08:48 PM
Least favorite music genre: Country, RnB.

Least favorite movie genre: Horror.(because most horror films suck)

Zeldy
04-20-2007, 09:32 PM
Least favourite

Music genres : Dance, R'n'B, Emo, Soul, Jazz, country and Rap.

Movie genres : CHICKFLICKS!

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
04-20-2007, 10:20 PM
Music: Rap, Screamo (it's not that bad, just a little too much can ruin the song), and Country.

Movies: Chick flicks. (Cause I love crappy horror movies, they serve as comedy, really :p)

Mythra
04-21-2007, 12:07 AM
For music it would have to be rap. While I don't like country either, at least its more than someone putting words to a beat. Just remember kids, you can't have crap without rap

aquatius
04-21-2007, 12:11 AM
Action. Booooooring.

Rengori
04-21-2007, 12:32 AM
Music: Pretty much any and every alternative rock subgenre to emerge other than grunge.
Movies: Romantic comedies and family movies suck.

El Bandito
04-21-2007, 12:36 AM
Music: I have a little bit of everything on my iPod, but I don't really like the majority of country. Though Johnny Cash is country and Johnny Cash was one of the greatest musicians to walk this earth.

Books: Eh, I've never been into future/spacey sci-fi stuff. More realistic urban sci-fi I can get into though.

Movies: I get so much flak from fellow movie-lovers, but I've never been a big fan of film noir. They just don't appeal to me.

kikimm
04-21-2007, 01:21 AM
My least favourite genre of music is probably like...that 80s :skull::skull::skull::skull:. Most everything that was made in the 80s I hate. :skull::skull::skull::skull: like Brian Ferry, Cyndi Lauper, etc.

Romantic comedy is the worst movie genre. :gag:

Also, yes, sci-fi books totally suck. *high five*

Rengori
04-21-2007, 01:56 AM
Yeah, Sci Fi books, I was considering putting that on there.

Moon Rabbits
04-21-2007, 01:58 AM
I don't know. I like all kinda of music. I assume this is about music. I love music. I like the least amount of country, so I guess that's my least favourite.

Yliette
04-21-2007, 10:33 AM
Music: Rap (although I like Eminem) and saccharine love songs

Movies: Exaggerated love stories (Titanic) and action-less thriller

Books: Unoriginal Fantasy

DarkLadyNyara
04-21-2007, 10:48 AM
Music- Rap, closely followed by gospel
Movies- Horror

Proxy
04-23-2007, 04:00 AM
Music: Rap. Can't stand that stupid stuff. Grown men, talking, acting & dressing the way they do? That's just embarassing.

Movies: Romantic comedies. Some of them have thier moments (very few, if any), and i'm not too big on the gorefest movies. No real need for it. I don't find it entertaining.

No.78
04-23-2007, 08:11 AM
Music... Well, I'm not very well versed in the rocky department. And EVERYONE likes that, I just never got why. It just seems so... Bleh... And there are so many subgenres, I dont think I'd know where to begin even if I wanted to get into that.
I also hate old classical songs that have been played to death, and novelty songs... Ugh... Country I dislike too.
---
Films, well... Hmmm... Teen Romance. VILE

ReloadPsi
04-23-2007, 11:11 AM
Music: Toss-up between rap, dance and R&B. Anyone got a three-sided coin?

Films: Those goddamn high school and college ones where random things happen within an educational institution like American Pie and Old School.

Games: Hard to say. I'll name a least favourite genre, then tomorrow I'll play one that I li- Football games. Football as in British.

Polaris
04-23-2007, 11:12 AM
Music: Rap and some emo bands!

Film: Romantic comedies suck! They're always the same thing! The film starts and I already know the end! :rolleyes2

raven doll
04-28-2007, 08:54 PM
Music: Country, pop[[some]], rap and r &b

Movies: war movies, sci-fi movies, western

books: boring non-fiction, sci-fi,

sports: pretty much everything. I dont like watching them or playing them. Except for tennis and dodgeball![[playing, not watching]]

The Summoner of Leviathan
04-28-2007, 09:05 PM
Movies: Horror or terrible book-to-film movies.
Music: Rap
Books: No specific genre, just really fussy, though I guess I would say horror by de facto (I get scared easily).
Games: FPS

black orb
04-29-2007, 03:43 AM
>>> Music: Reggaeton.
Movies: Almost everything bore me.
Books: Almost everything bore me but I like Scientific and Sci-fi books.
Games: FPS.

daggertrepe
04-29-2007, 05:37 PM
Music: Most country annoys me
Movie: I can't deal with scary flicks

Ashley Schovitz
04-29-2007, 05:43 PM
What's with everyone dissing rap and R'nB? I know it's just the fact that you don't understand it. I saw the reasons you gave and it seems blind. To stand to the point.

My Least Favorite in music: Polka

My Least Favorite in Movies: Western

My Least favorite in Books: Again Western
My Least Favorite in Games: Strategy. They're too slow and ugly looking to me they just have a drab feel.

Essência
04-29-2007, 07:06 PM
Music: Pimba.
If you dont know what that is dont you ever listen to it!