PDA

View Full Version : Permanant Stat raising

feioncastor
04-19-2007, 02:43 PM
I know that when you use moves that increase Brave or Faith, your permanant Brave or Faith will gradually increase. But is this true of any other stat like MA or PA? And is there anyway to shape the growth curve for stats in this game, sort of like the Esper system in FF6, thus making some characters better as casters and others better with physical stuff?

Roto13
04-19-2007, 05:33 PM
You mean aside from leveling characters up with specific jobs? You can level a character up as one job and then level him down with a different job and it'll drop that character's stats based on their current job. That means if you level a character up as a mage and then level them down as a knight, their magic won't drop as much as if they had been a mage at the time. You can just keep leveling them down and up to get stat boosts. (This would eventually drop some stats to retardedly low levels, however. :P)

If memory serves. xD I haven't played this game in forever.

EDITGA: If I recall, there's one job that gives higher stat boosts than one other job in every category, so if you level down with job A and level up with job B you only gain stats and don't lose them. I don't remember what those two jobs are, though. I think the weaker one might be the Bard.

BG-57
04-20-2007, 01:01 AM
Level Up/Down is one of the rare things I've never tried to do. I mean playing as gods would be fun, but there are plenty of ways to dominate on the battlefield without maxing your stats.

Having said that, the best bet is to raise stats while a Ninja or Mime, then switch to a Dancer and Bard and lower stats (using a Mindflare or a degenerator trap). They key is to be in a class with good stat bonus when going up and lousy stat bonuses when going down.

Roogle
04-27-2007, 12:39 AM
The Mime job class is known for its exceptional growth in most statistics.

I would recommend starting going from level 1 to level 99 for permanent statistic raising.

Jowy
04-27-2007, 03:26 AM
Wow, sagelike advice from Mr. Chugthai.

<3