PDA

View Full Version : Vincent?

Edge7
04-19-2007, 10:45 PM
Has anyone else noticed that while the AC cast can defy gravity, Vincent can actually fly?
What the hell?

Mercen-X
04-19-2007, 10:50 PM
Has anyone else noticed that while the AC cast can deny gravity, Vincent can actually fly?
What the hell?

That's "defy gravity." It's Final Fantasy.

Kuldian
04-20-2007, 11:46 AM
Why so surprised? He's actually flying in the game aswell.

GF_Diablos
04-20-2007, 11:53 AM
He flew in Advent Children too, just taken as granted, in all fairness the whole universe doesn't really apply gravity

blackmage_nuke
04-20-2007, 12:22 PM
All the mako being sucked out of the planet lessens it's energy and thus it's mass and therefore there is less gravity than would be on our overweight planet

and vincent has rocket boots

BarelySeeAtAll
04-20-2007, 12:59 PM
vincents just vincent...dont argue boy....it will be your fault when you get shot
and besides...im sure him getting experimented on may have something to do with it :right?right?faceicantfind:

Edge7
04-21-2007, 02:21 AM
vincents just vincent...dont argue boy....it will be your fault when you get shot
and besides...im sure him getting experimented on may have something to do with it :right?right?faceicantfind:
Got a point there... I'll sleep with the light on tonight

4evarisha
04-21-2007, 05:45 AM
Is he a vampire?

Darth Anarcus
04-24-2007, 05:28 PM
Yes, I noticed. I was disappointed that you couldn't utilize the cape-teleportation in DOC.

And no, he's not a vampire!

Vyk
04-24-2007, 10:20 PM
He is a vampire and that explains everything. Vampires fly :]

Big D
04-25-2007, 02:32 AM
Vincent could jump in a very floaty manner in the game too. Like when the party first encounters him, and he emerges from his coffin.
Some side-effect of the physical and magical transformations wrought on him by Hojo's experiments, surely. Similar to Cloud's superhuman strength (and corresponding jumping ability), which can be attributed to Jenova cells, mako energy treatments, and such.

Mercen-X
04-27-2007, 10:56 PM
He flew in Advent Children too, just taken as granted, in all fairness the whole universe doesn't really apply gravity
AC stands for Advent Children and therefore, it has already been mentioned . . . that means saying "too" is useless.

All the mako being sucked out of the planet lessens it's energy and thus it's mass and therefore there is less gravity than would be on our overweight planet
I like it. Although the creators themselves just do all this 'cause it looks cool. "Reason's got nothin' to do with it."

Vincent could jump in a very floaty manner in the game too. Like when the party first encounters him, and he emerges from his coffin.
Some side-effect of the physical and magical transformations wrought on him by Hojo's experiments, surely. Similar to Cloud's superhuman strength (and corresponding jumping ability), which can be attributed to Jenova cells, mako energy treatments, and such.Vincent could fly because of Hojo's X-rated experimentations. Cloud, Tifa, Red, Cid, and Yuffie could all jump really high as well. Cloud is enhanced by Jenova cells and Mako overexposure. Tifa was trained by martial arts expert, Master Zangan and thusly defying gravity is no sweat.
Red is an animal and pretty much all animals defy human limitations. Given that he is a unique breed from a clan of self-proclaimed guardians of the planet, it's really no wonder he can leap tall buildings.
Cid, though a pilot by career is obviously a trained dragoon as evidenced by his spear attacks. Adding Highwind to his name isn't just a random decision but a reference to the Highwind who shared the same weapon choice in an earlier Fantasy. Regardless of whether he may or may not be a descendant of a dragoon Highwind, he possesses the superior abilities of a dragon diver nonetheless.
Yuffie is a ninja of Wutai . . . pretty much all of ninja in Japanese mythos are depicted having superior stealth and acrobatic capabilities which among other fantastic feats includes flipping gravity the bird.

Pouring Rain
05-06-2007, 01:25 AM
Yes, I noticed. I was disappointed that you couldn't utilize the cape-teleportation in DOC.

I was a bit disappointed too. Now, back to the topic.

Vincent can fly because of Hojo's experimentation. His cape-teleporting probably has something to do with that, too. If you noticed in FF VII, as someone has already said, he's very floaty as well. Like when you leave his room after talking to him, he floats all the way out of his room and nearly toward the stairs where you are to tell you that he wants to join your party. Also, he probably flew when he went from the entrance of the Highwind to the center of the bridge when he returned from thinking about why he was going to the Northern Crater. So that's all I have. He's been floaty, and now he flies. And the whole Final Fantasy universe defies gravity and everything else anyway. That's why it's Final Fantasy.

Jessweeee♪
05-15-2007, 01:57 AM
I suppose we can assume that the planet of FFVII has less gravity than our own...

Big D
05-15-2007, 03:27 AM
I suppose we can assume that the planet of FFVII has less gravity than our own...They've just got a lot of people with magical powers of uberness :) Gravity affects regular folk in their world just as much as it does in ours, after all; it's just that people like Vincent and SOLDIER members are hardly "regular folk"...

Christmas
05-15-2007, 03:37 AM
I thought they took some "SPECIAL PILLS" beforehand. :(

Masamunemaster
05-16-2007, 07:14 AM
He doesn't defy gravity because gravity is scared to death by vincent and jsut moves to the side and lets him do what the :) :) :) :) he wants

Cookie
05-16-2007, 08:34 PM
He haxxed

scrumpleberry
05-17-2007, 10:42 PM
I thought they took some "SPECIAL PILLS" beforehand. :(

They did.

Mo-Nercy
05-18-2007, 04:44 PM
I decided to test your theory out.

Hypothesis: Vincent defies gravity

Method:

- Casted Demi on Vincent
- Vincent takes damage

Conclusion: FAIL.

G3ORGE
05-18-2007, 10:10 PM
Vincent sneezes

Vincent defys gravity!

Problem solved :P

G3ORGE
05-18-2007, 10:11 PM
Or they have people dressed in black like stagepeople and they get lifted by them :P

Lynx
05-19-2007, 11:23 PM
vintcent jsut doesnt believe in gravity and if you dont believe in something it doesnt exhist thats why you should always believe in santa.

forgiven angel
05-26-2007, 07:07 PM
like some people said it's proabably cause of hojo's and lucretia's experiments. it couldbe possible that his flight abiltiy (or floating ability whatever) comes from chaos.

Forever_Young
05-26-2007, 07:14 PM
Vincent can fly because of the expiriments, but he's NOT a vampire... It would have been cool though... I love vampires and I love Vincent^_^*lol*

nirojan
05-26-2007, 11:41 PM
:confused: we all knoe Vincent is amazing but the defy gravity:confused:
probably the experiments!

Edge7
06-25-2007, 05:06 PM
I know, I'm just trying to figure out why he doesn't in the games. Just feels a bit inconsistent

Big D
06-26-2007, 02:31 AM
I know, I'm just trying to figure out why he doesn't in the games. Just feels a bit inconsistentBut that's the point - he *does* defy gravity at times in the game. He can float in mid-jump for a longer time than anyone else, and he can easily jump higher than most regular humans. As Chaos, he flies for an indefinite amount of time.
It all happens in the original game, too. It's not as spectacular as in the film, but it's still there - like Cloud's ability to jump or fall further than is humanly possible.

Hyperion4444
07-04-2007, 12:02 AM
He's got invisible Chaos' Wings you can't see.

Markus. D
07-04-2007, 01:00 AM
and again.

They are all level 90-100

cloud21zidane16
07-12-2007, 02:12 AM
he flys because of the experiments and its good anyway:p

Aerith~Eiko~15
07-23-2007, 12:12 AM
Its final fantasy, It does follow no rules like gravity, Its what makes it so cool, besides When he becomes chaos he can fly and has wings:moomba: :choc: :mog: :choc2:

terus01
07-25-2007, 05:58 PM
I don'tch care..hh wetherhh Vincent-sama ishh vampirehhssh or not vampirehshh, HE IS SO COOL!

So Cool on EACH of hishh form!

Yeah, I am veryhh dishhhappointed when I foundhh he cannot flyhh in the gamehh (excepthh and only in chapterhh 12, ifhh you considerhh it as a flyhhh)

demondude
07-25-2007, 07:58 PM
I don'tch care..hh wetherhh Vincent-sama ishh vampirehhssh or not vampirehshh, HE IS SO COOL!

So Cool on EACH of hishh form!

Yeah, I am veryhh dishhhappointed when I foundhh he cannot flyhh in the gamehh (excepthh and only in chapterhh 12, ifhh you considerhh it as a flyhhh)

Best post ever.

Raebus
07-25-2007, 08:02 PM
I couldn't tell if he was doing that on purpose to make fun of someone, I'm losing it.

terus01
07-27-2007, 04:05 PM
Ohhh, Ihh don't meanthh to makehh funhh anybodyhhh...
Sorrhhy