PDA

View Full Version : Burning DVDs

Moon Rabbits
04-20-2007, 01:17 AM
I have a bunch of .avi files I want to burn to a DVD+R disc. I don't want them to play on a DVD player, because there are 26 episodes and that would take a lot of DVDs, so I just want to put them all on a DVD in .avi format so that I can fit them all.

What program will allow me to do this? I'm a complete and total newbie when it comes to burning DVDs, I've never done this before.

Or, better yet, would there possibly be any way to burn the ALL .avi files to one DVD (each one is about 200mb, in total they are just under 4.6gb) and still be able to play them on a DVD player? 4 episodes per DVD is just too many DVDs to handle, considering Sailor Moon is 200 episodes long.

Roto13
04-20-2007, 02:06 AM
You can burn all of those AVIs to one DVD-R with whatever program came with your computer/DVD burner/whatever. I use Nero.

I'm not sure how many episodes you could fit on a video DVD, but certainly more than four. If you have a program that makes video DVDs, just... you know, try it. :P

rubah
04-20-2007, 03:22 AM
the anime channel whateva version of season one of sailor moon has like six eps per dvd, for what that's worth. I remember being able to fit more than 4 episodes of ccs (about 178mb on average) on a dvd, quite a few more!

Discord
04-20-2007, 03:25 AM
You probably have Nero Burning ROM supplied with your burned. That'll do. As for watching them on your DVD player you'd have to encode them as video-disks, which will in fact be a waste of space. Quite a few DVD players, cheep ones too, play DivX nowadays. You might want to check if yours can do it.

o_O
04-20-2007, 06:00 AM
I would do what Grinenshire said and find out if your DVD player can handle some of the better compression formats like DivX, XVid, etc. If it can, just author a DVD with menus for as many episodes you can fit on the DVD. :p